• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Server Browser and major Custom Games changes coming.
CTF is staying
I can already see people saying, "Custom Game is so much more balanced than the main game!"

But still, by what Jeff mentioned about doing changes if they are popular, I wonder if players can use Custom Game to help the developers find balances that work.

The other thing I'm really curious about is "How much" EXP can be gotten from Custom game? Considering that with Play VS AI, you actually get less EXP from doing that compared to matches against players. Like some of the EXP bonuses are actually reduced in Play in AI, like Gold Medals are 90 rather than 108.

Edit: Patch Notes for PTR are up.
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20529203

Also, Lijiang Tower has a non-event version for Capture the Flag.

I love this day version of Lijiang Tower. I hope they do more day and night time versions of stages.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always wanted Toad in Smash but after realizing that he was an asshole, I didn't anymore

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As much as I hate to admit it, but Vaati won by a landslide.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now to start the DK Smash poll. Which I hope doesn't end as quickly.

D

Deleted member

Chapter 24 is sorta fun, it's incredibly easy because the gameplay-and-story segregation of the threat that Dragons are is so big it's laughable Roy first terrified of them of them.
I just wish this chapter had more variety, it's literally just Dragons with their only one weapon.
So far, everyone but Fae, Lalum and Clarine have slayed a Dragon
Oh, and fyi, Rutger did it without a Legendary Weapon, just a good ol' Silver Sword

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The DK poll is up and I already have interesting results.

Why are people sleeping on my girl Dix? Especially when they prefer the surfer dude over her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Why are people sleeping on my girl Dix? Especially when they prefer the surfer dude over her.
Either he's a meme or people like him for being "cool".

Also, "sleeping on my girl Dix" is a poor choice of words...

D

Deleted member

Signed into the old Twitter account I never use just to vote for the Gramparilla.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ugh now I need Peri but I don't wanna spend a **** tonne of money to have the chance to get her.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
A friend and I were actually talking about how otherwise rational people could maintain false perceptions on matters like climate change and vaccinations. Along the way I find a solid piece from National Geographic about this very topic. It's worth a read, especially considering the rather...odd times in the political climate. Below is probably the most striking excerpt from the article. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/03/science-doubters/achenbach-text

"Science appeals to our rational brain, but our beliefs are motivated largely by emotion, and the biggest motivation is remaining tight with our peers. “We’re all in high school. We’ve never left high school,” says Marcia McNutt. “People still have a need to fit in, and that need to fit in is so strong that local values and local opinions are always trumping science. And they will continue to trump science, especially when there is no clear downside to ignoring science.”

Meanwhile the Internet makes it easier than ever for climate skeptics and doubters of all kinds to find their own information and experts. Gone are the days when a small number of powerful institutions—elite universities, encyclopedias, major news organizations, even National Geographic—served as gatekeepers of scientific information. The Internet has democratized information, which is a good thing. But along with cable TV, it has made it possible to live in a “filter bubble” that lets in only the information with which you already agree."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I remember this

1000 years locked away kill your communication skills

And I'm gonna be honest here, this little covo with Fae actually made me feel

And finally, time for final chapter quote. Man, these were wose than FE8's. Most of them are just generic "we've com a long way" or "whoa, big dragon!". Some highlights

*input HectorAsRoy'sStand.gif here*

I love how Raigh is basically acting like a fanboy here

And Dieck just acts casually, because Dieck is the coolest not-dead character in this game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took a "6 Human Needs" test and I dunno what the results are supposed to mean. It's not like the test included anything other than results in raw numbers

54% Certainty

68% Variety

86% Significance

50% Love

86% Growth

68% Contribution

D

Deleted member

Maxwell confirmed:

>Nintendo has been tight-lipped on the Switch technical specs, as they have with all of their consoles. But now the specs have finally been revealed from none other than the makers of the CPU: ARM.

>The chip-maker revealed in a Facebook post that the Switch is powered by a quad core ARM Cortex A57 CPU. The chip can run at up to 2 GHz and has 2MB L2 cache.

>Another post, which was removed, revealed that the Switch has an Nvidia Maxwell CPU with 256 CUDA cores running at 1 GHz (maximum clock speed).

>All of this corresponds to an Nvidia Tegra X1 chip, which was originally released in 2015.

>Finally, as many previous reports have suggested, the Switch features 4 GB RAM that’s shared between CPU and GPU.

http://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-hardware-specs/
I told you it was running last gen tech. Digital Foundry was spot on with the leak.

Chrono.

Twitter is dead brah.

EDIT: Of course it goes back up again when I post this.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Awarded today for being on Smashboards for 5 long yet fun years...feels good. Switched back to my very first avatar in order to celebrate the occasion :)

Anyway, what platforms does FE Heroes work on? I'd like to get it but I'm not sure on which platforms it works :/

Chrono.

Awarded today for being on Smashboards for 5 long yet fun years...feels good. Switched back to my very first avatar in order to celebrate the occasion :)

Anyway, what platforms does FE Heroes work on? I'd like to get it but I'm not sure on which platforms it works :/
It's out on iOS and Android so get something that runs on either of those.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Man the weather gimmicks in FE7 are so annoying. >.<

Also, Hector better get speed real soon. He's level 7 and still only has 5 speed. :glare:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In the midst of people undergoing another wave of freaking out negatively about the Switch, here's something I just saw people freaking out positively about.

A japanese commercial showed Link slowly riding alongside Zelda on horseback into the sunset.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good Idea: Google imaging the Puyo Puyo character Carbuncle

Bad Idea: Google imaging Carbuncle without the word "Puyo" :urg:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently there is doubt on the validity of the ARM report.

Supposedly they linked a leak article in their FB post.

Dunno what that would mean though.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's out on iOS and Android so get something that runs on either of those.
Went to download...but then I remembered that I don't have iOS 8 right now :(
Maybe some other time, I guess.

But I hope to get it soon. For the future, I'd like to ask: how viable is mai boi Roi? :4feroy:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Good Idea: Google imaging the Puyo Puyo character Carbuncle

Bad Idea: Google imaging Carbuncle without the word "Puyo" :urg:
I remember this happening back during Pokemon Gen 6 when people were looking up what Carbink was based off of.

A stone and a disgusting affliction sharing the same name makes it difficult for anyone looking up anything based off of the former.

Chrono.

Went to download...but then I remembered that I don't have iOS 8 right now :(
Maybe some other time, I guess.

But I hope to get it soon. For the future, I'd like to ask: how viable is mai boi Roi? :4feroy:
He's pretty good.

Most of the 5* Focus characters are though, and Roy is actually one of the not-as-good ones. That's not a knock on him, it's just that characters like Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Hector and especially Takumi are far better.

No matter what you do he will still be better than my Hector

Nearly 0 skill even with a bunch of boost items.
:061:
And let me just say that even with a garbage stat Hector, he was still the second strongest unit on my team after Jaffar once high defense caught up to Lyn's strength

Hector is just that stupid crazy broken of a unit
:061:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
He's pretty good.

Most of the 5* Focus characters are though, and Roy is actually one of the not-as-good ones. That's not a knock on him, it's just that characters like Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Hector and especially Takumi are far better.
And on the other side, who would you say are the low tier trash characters, if there are any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom