• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fun Fact: The only Smash shoo-in is Yomi and no one can say otherwise.

What, you expected me to beat that dead bear again? :troll:

At least this is Brash worship anymore.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
She's got a hard on for charter schools above all else, in an attempt to encourage "choice for schooling." She has proposed giving more funding to private schools.

In theory it's not so bad, but when you realize most of what she herself has funded are far-right Christian schools, it doesn't inspire confidence...especially when it can give marginalized groups and poor people less of a chance due to charter schools always caring about their own agendas and their own money more so than the students.

There's also the fact that a good amount of them would choose to teach "alternative facts™" about things like evolution, history, and climate change, but that's a whole other can of worms...
I see.

That's.... messed up.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
She's got a hard on for charter schools above all else, in an attempt to encourage "choice for schooling." She has proposed giving more funding to private schools.

In theory it's not so bad, but when you realize most of what she herself has funded are far-right Christian schools, it doesn't inspire confidence...especially when it can give marginalized groups and poor people less of a chance due to charter schools always caring about their own agendas and their own money more so than the students.

There's also the fact that a good amount of them would choose to teach "alternative facts™" about things like evolution, history, and climate change, but that's a whole other can of worms...
Not to mention the fact that she has no qualifications or background in educational administration...which has led people to notice that what she did do was make some pretty significant campaign contributions.

But the aforementioned things are the bigger deal. What about all of the families out there who can't put the money together for private education? Are they not aware of that? Do they not care?

Or is this yet another case of someone with a lot of wealth and success looking at the less fortunate and assuming they must somehow deserve their misfortune?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can see the Master Sword breaking in BotW; probably because malice causing the sword to "rust". Resulting in a quest to restoring it or being forced to use other weapons; the ending might change if you slay The Calamity Ganon with the Master Sword or not.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can see the Master Sword breaking in BotW; probably because malice causing the sword to "rust". Resulting in a quest to restoring it or being forced to use other weapons; the ending might change if you slay The Calamity Ganon with the Master Sword or not.

With the master sword means a good ending.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Honestly, while super stoked for Breath of the Wild, I have barely looked into deep details on the game outside of article headlines and trailers. Maybe because I want go blind, IDK.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What, are all the bosses some kind of weird incarnation of Ganon?

"Wind Ganon" "Calamity Ganon"

Mod edit: Spoilers added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Btw...Spoilers for spoilers guys...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Zelda's plot is more exciting than I thought.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Anyone know what this means?

Some people are saying its bad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
if this is the plot, I swear I will have a fit

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm thinking that the dungeon Ganons might be elementally themed, with each one in a different animal machine. Maybe this one in the bird, Earth Ganon in the desert one, Fire Ganon in the colossal thing noticed on Death Mountain, and an unaccounted for one for Water Ganon?

Maybe the ending is different depending on whether or not you tackle the dungeons because if you don't, Ganon's influence is still out there or is able to mess things up somehow. Maybe Ganon had his form split into pieces on top of being sealed.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So, from what I've seen here, Trump is continuing his journey of turning the USA into a laughing stock on the world stage?

And here I was going to ask everyone for fun ideas of how the USA might come to stop existing one day, I had this amazing scenario where Canada has had enough, eh, of the USA always taking credit for everything, eh, and defeating the USA with the majesty of Niagara falls,eh

And now I would like to apologise to all Canadians for the forced eh jokes I put in the above sentence.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's awful, terrible, Switch is dead.

That's what Neo GAF told me.
I may be spelling out the joke here, but isn't that what NeoGAF says about everything? :secretkpop:

They're freaking out about no internet browser at launch right now when we already knew that. . .and the "at launch" part means they might patch it in, which is already better than a flat "no."

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So, from what I've seen here, Trump is continuing his journey of turning the USA into a laughing stock on the world stage?

And here I was going to ask everyone for fun ideas of how the USA might come to stop existing one day, I had this amazing scenario where Canada has had enough, eh, of the USA always taking credit for everything, eh, and defeating the USA with the majesty of Niagara falls,eh

And now I would like to apologise to all Canadians for the forced eh jokes I put in the above sentence.
I saw all the ehs and I swear I was about to ask if something went wrong

Last edited:

Chrono.

They're freaking out about no internet browser at launch right now when we already knew that. . .and the "at launch" part means they might patch it in, which is already better than a flat "no."
If only there were other ways to use the internet.

I should Google it on my phone and see if I find an answer.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Anyway, so I've got a question for all you guys, basically, I'm going to ask a simple question, how badly do you guys think Trump is going to age because of being the USA president, because if you look at previous presidents, from looking from start to finish, at the end of their terms its quite clear the stress of the job shows on their faces, as can be seen here:

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1872168,00.html

Also turning back to the UK for a second, you guys can ignore this if you want I just want to vent:

Those who voted for the UK to t leave the EU are really pissing me off, with their whole let's just leave the EU without consulting parliament at all, and just make it so all our trading deals with them fall apart, and cause lots of people to lose their jobs. Seriously they also seem to think that leaving the EU will equal hundreds of jobs to spring up on the UK.

Plus many of them are calling for UKIP to be in control of parliament, who really don't care and have only ever fought to leave the EU that's it, nothing else. And so many people think that Nigel Farage, a lying piece of **** who said the money that's given to EU would be used to pay for our NHS, which was probably ever going to happen, since our MPs never seem to do their job, and end up taking more from the pot then they need, don't get what I'm saying look up something called the MP expense scandal, which basically destroyed any trust that the UK public has in its MPs, since all the major parties are more concerned with lining their pockets then actual helping the public.

Anyway, something more fun, so who do you guys should be president after Trumo, after all if somebody who thinks they can sway companies to bring back jobs to the USA, where over a thousand American politicians have failed already, why not let say Swamp be the next president? I mean after all at least Swamp doesn't live in a fantasy land.

Plus he's pro Swamp, and who doesn't like Swamps?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Anyway, something more fun, so who do you guys should be president after Trumo, after all if somebody who thinks they can sway companies to bring back jobs to the USA, where over a thousand American politicians have failed already, why not let say Swamp be the next president? I mean after all at least Swamp doesn't live in a fantasy land.

But what if I already have a swamp? Do I need a 2nd Swamp?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think some of the people terrified about the Switch's features might not realize just how much of the 3DS' features were patched in.

Apparently the 3DS didn't have an internet browser OR an Eshop at launch. I jumped on late enough that I didn't see that for myself, but I was there when they patched in Miiverse, then Themes, then Badges.

If the Switch is getting similar support, then while we aren't getting every nice thing -right away-, I think it's entirely likely that the UI by the end of the Switch's lifespan will be a whole other beast compared to the UI at the beginning, so I'm not really worried about slim features quite as much. That, and the Switch menu seems like it actively has space set aside that extra menu options could be patched into, which the 3DS didn't even have.

Maybe it's not going to have certain things as an "immediate system seller," but the way some people react you'd think the assumption was that things will NEVER happen. I guess they're the types that stick to consoles and never had a 3DS?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway, so I've got a question for all you guys, basically, I'm going to ask a simple question, how badly do you guys think Trump is going to age because of being the USA president, because if you look at previous presidents, from looking from start to finish, at the end of their terms its quite clear the stress of the job shows on their faces, as can be seen here:

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1872168,00.html

Also turning back to the UK for a second, you guys can ignore this if you want I just want to vent:

Those who voted for the UK to t leave the EU are really pissing me off, with their whole let's just leave the EU without consulting parliament at all, and just make it so all our trading deals with them fall apart, and cause lots of people to lose their jobs. Seriously they also seem to think that leaving the EU will equal hundreds of jobs to spring up on the UK.

Plus many of them are calling for UKIP to be in control of parliament, who really don't care and have only ever fought to leave the EU that's it, nothing else. And so many people think that Nigel Farage, a lying piece of **** who said the money that's given to EU would be used to pay for our NHS, which was probably ever going to happen, since our MPs never seem to do their job, and end up taking more from the pot then they need, don't get what I'm saying look up something called the MP expense scandal, which basically destroyed any trust that the UK public has in its MPs, since all the major parties are more concerned with lining their pockets then actual helping the public.

Trump's already looking like that, according to secretaries, he got visibly pissed at the woman's march getting more attendants than his inargation lol
Brexit was a horrible mistake
Swamp knows the struggles of everyday citizens. He can fix em!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But what if I already have a swamp? Do I need a 2nd Swamp?
Swamps are good for the environment. Many swamps were filled in at various points in the past to the detriment of their local ecosystems. We can always use more swamps.

#RestoreTheSwamp

:4darkpit:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
why not let say Swamp be the next president? I mean after all at least Swamp doesn't live in a fantasy land.

I'm always president.

Even when I'm not.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The major dungeon they mention has to be the airship. A gimmick where you can tilt the entire structure would feel weird normally, but not when it's a massive flying machine than can just angle itself. And a wind-themed boss with a gun arm? Fits right into the mechanical nature of the ship!

I'm actually starting to pull another theory together about these rumored dungeons and the major NPC we've been seeing...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Switch preorders are apparently up on Walmart.com if anyone's interested. If anyone wants in, you might wanna start running. . .

*EDIT* It ran out after a few minutes from what I read. Hopefully I warned someone in time, although I probably didn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom