• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So a trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet dropped at D23. It hasn't been publicly released, but here are a few details from a live blogger.

The main premise seems to be that Ralph ventures onto the Internet because Vanellope's game, Sugar Rush, breaks down and they need to locate the part to repair it. I've actually seen this theorized quite a bit, so it's neat to see the fans seemed to guess correctly.

John C Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, and Jane Lynch all return to reprise their roles.

There's a new character called Yesss, who is an algorithm at Buzzzaholic, an in-universe website. Yesss is an algorithm that tracks trending information.

One scene was shown off that's kind of next-level meta. Apparently at one point they visit Oh My Disney, Disney's popular blog site. While there, Vanellope hangs out with the other Disney Princesses, all of whom are reprised by their original voice actresses, provided they're still alive. There's a joke about how they can't understand Merida. It makes you think it's because of her thick Scottish accent, but then you find out the real reason why.

"She's from another studio."

Also C-3PO and Stan Lee show up. Deliciously meta.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here:

I want an Iron Man game that taps into all of the different suits and upgrades and weapons he has. It'd be amazing.

That would make for a really cool game. Something kind of like Devil May Cry I'd imagine.

Too bad he doesn't say "Here's my Sunday Best!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, something else from D23 that may excite some folks here.

A Gravity Falls graphic novel was announced! And Alex Hirsch is writing it!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Puyo Puyo Tetris is fun but I was out of practice. Will try again some other time.

Tried the Disgaea 5 Demo. The gameplay seems like it could get really interesting but other than that I wasn't really feeling it. Not a fan of the character designs and it's just a bit too cheesy in some ways, seems like one of those really quirky but kinda shallow anime stories. And the game is terrible at easing you in, so many cutscenes and tutorials to wade through. I got 40 minutes in and have only tried one map. Luckily, it has a save feature so I'll go back to it fresh another day.

Now I'm gonna look into accessing the Japanese eShop to try some demos from there.

Also, in case anyone wants it, my friend code:

View attachment 131549
I added your friend code, I hope I can buy Mario Kart Deluxe soon after I purchase Splatoon 2.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well look what I can play now.

IMG_20170715_183210.jpg

Had a few matches, pretty fun so far.

I was the only person who got KOs in my first match, fml.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well look what I can play now.

View attachment 131576

Had a few matches, pretty fun so far.

I was the only person who got KOs in my first match, fml.
It's not about if you splat or are splatted, it's how you ink the turf.

. . .That doesn't mean it isn't fun to do though, LOL.

Really, the value in splatting squids is more in the strategic value of stopping them from continuing to ink turf for a bit or keeping them off of an objective in Ranked. It gives you a summary of how many you've pulled off on the results screen, but I don't think it's actually a direct contributor to your score. It's important to do, but at the end of the day the objective is more important and focusing exclusively on splatting could backfire. Even a Charger needs to ink a bit of turf on the way to their perches.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not about if you splat or are splatted, it's how you ink the turf.

. . .That doesn't mean it isn't fun to do though, LOL.

Really, the value in splatting squids is more in the strategic value of stopping them from continuing to ink turf for a bit or keeping them off of an objective in Ranked. It gives you a summary of how many you've pulled off on the results screen, but I don't think it's actually a direct contributor to your score. It's important to do, but at the end of the day the objective is more important and focusing exclusively on splatting could backfire. Even a Charger needs to ink a bit of turf on the way to their perches.
I mean that's exactly how I play. I tend to go to the more backwater areas of the stage first since nobody else does, then I sneak around to where all the enemies are at.

Basically, secure the outer areas while everyone is focusing on the middle, than start setting yourself up to aid your teammates in maintaining the middle.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean that's exactly how I play. I tend to go to the more backwater areas of the stage first since nobody else does, then I sneak around to where all the enemies are at.

Basically, secure the outer areas while everyone is focusing on the middle, than start setting yourself up to aid your teammates in maintaining the middle.
Something tells me you're gonna ruin some squids during your rank climbing in Rainmaker stage willing, LOL. I'm not so good of a player so it's probably because I'm with worse players, but everyone tries to swarm the shield you have to remove first and if you have room to slip past the opponents you can shoot them from behind before they realize you're there LOL.

Of course, each stage has it's own layout, so not every stage may necessarily have a backwater area. Some stages may be a little more linear, some stages may be a little more open, sometimes the enemy is thinking the same thing you are and catches you midway. There's always someplace you can go to be clever, but just how clever that ends up depends on the match.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pidgeot, Fearow, and Dodrio ALL basically have the same stats.

Pidgeot has more defenses, Fearow pretty much has the same stats as Pidgeot but has decreased defenses and increased attack and speed, and Dodrio has pretty much the same stats as Fearow but slightly lower defenses and increased attack. Dodrio has the best moveset of the three

So, they are all pretty much the same pokemon but Dodrio is the most useful. Mostly because Pidgeot doesn't get a single Flying move

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Another interview about FE: Warriors just came out from Nintendo Dream.

This one's a little interesting since you hear about the Developers thoughts about the game. In particular, as it turns out, the whole 'we're only doing these three games' thing didn't go down well with the developers themselves. There was a decent amount of infighting and 'you don't know Fire Emblem!' arguments over the decision, so the fans weren't alone in their anger. It also reaffirms a few other things such as the fact that polls did play a role as expected, Nintendo/IS did contribute their own suggestions, and the number from each game will not be completely equal (so Shadow Dragon is not guaranteed to have 10 characters just because Fates does and vice versa).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can see why they'd only stick to three games (not counting DLC or potential sequels). It makes the roster much simpler to work with when you have less characters that you need to focus on, and they can focus on (by my understanding) the three best-known games while saving the rest for optional DLC if people want those characters.

Look at Hyrule Warriors - that only focused on Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and Twilight Princess in the base roster (before expanding to Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds through the DLC), and that worked out.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So the splatfest is in 3 hours? Right?

This one's a little interesting since you hear about the Developers thoughts about the game. In particular, as it turns out, the whole 'we're only doing these three games' thing didn't go down well with the developers themselves. There was a decent amount of infighting and 'you don't know Fire Emblem!' arguments over the decision, so the fans weren't alone in their anger. It also reaffirms a few other things such as the fact that polls did play a role as expected, Nintendo/IS did contribute their own suggestions, and the number from each game will not be completely equal (so Shadow Dragon is not guaranteed to have 10 characters just because Fates does and vice versa).
Honestly I only expected Marth and Caeda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the splatfest is in 3 hours? Right?
Yup.

. . .Apparently you can squad in the Splatfest, but only if you have four players. Are there three NA Team Ice Cream players here who are willing to roll call and exchange Friend Codes with me if they haven't? Might be interesting to try out if we have the squids.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yup.

. . .Apparently you can squad in the Splatfest, but only if you have four players. Are there three NA Team Ice Cream players here who are willing to roll call and exchange Friend Codes with me if they haven't? Might be interesting to try out if we have the squids.
You already have me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yup.

Just sent you a request.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Yup.

I would be willing to. My friend code should be on the left.
Edit: Just sent a request

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yup.

Would, but can't.

I'm a cake heathen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had a cheesecake yesterday

And after how good I exercised after eating it, I'm convinced I don't eat enough calories in the day

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yup.

Im on icecream but I have you already so we good

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yup.

I'll add you in a couple minutes.

D

Deleted member

I'll wait for the updated rerelease in 2 years or so with all the DLC and characters I actually want then
Now I won't have any regrets by going with Fate/Extella as my Switch Musou game

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Gonna be buff by the end of this splatfest.

Carrying all these teams.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh, the splatfest is already live?
Welp, guess I'm not playing at all, cuz I thought I'd be able to join in after work but I guess not...

Tbh, It doesn't feel like much of a loss cuz I'm not really feeling the Splatoon hype right now...Part of that is because one of the most exciting things announced in Splatoon 2 is Salmon Run, but it's limited to just timed events...

I mean it sounds fun and all but if I'm always working when it's live then I'll never be able to play it...

Same goes for Splatfests, such is the case right now...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Splatfest over as soon as Level Up starts. Appropriate.

Might post Splatoon 2 impressions later but all my eyes are on KH, lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, guess I'm not playing at all, cuz I thought I'd be able to join in after work but I guess not...

Tbh, It doesn't feel like much of a loss cuz I'm not really feeling the Splatoon hype right now...Part of that is because one of the most exciting things announced in Splatoon 2 is Salmon Run, but it's limited to just timed events...

I mean it sounds fun and all but if I'm always working when it's live then I'll never be able to play it...

Salmon Run happens for 24 hours at a time, I'm sure you'll be able to make time for that at least.

Splatfests used to be for 24 hours at a time as well, hopefully they'll be that way in the main game and this is just a demo quirk.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Salmon Run happens for 24 hours at a time, I'm sure you'll be able to make time for that at least.

Splatfests used to be for 24 hours at a time as well, hopefully they'll be that way in the main game and this is just a demo quirk.
Well that at least allows for more flexibility...

Still not a fan of it happening only at specific times, though...Would rather have the option to play offline when ever I want instead of on specific days...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

This Splatfest is only during a certain time cause it's a demo. They are always a full day normally.

If you live in North America the splatfest hasn't happened yet.

Of course it's just like this for the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This Splatfest is only during a certain time cause it's a demo. They are always a full day normally.

If you live in North America the splatfest hasn't happened yet.
Oh phew I thought I missed it. It wasn't loading earlier for me.

I was watching the Star Vs The Forces of Evil Movie event that aired to pass the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without spoiling it, HOLY **** that is one of the darkest things I have ever seen in a kids show but it was absolutely fantastic. The story, writing, jokes and everything else was so good and some really hype worthy things happened. It's such a good show.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Yeah Salmon run being limited to time puts a damper on things

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching Whis eating Tempura

And they put so much effort into the Tempura, and so much in the description by Whis about how good it was

That I am going to get Tempura right now

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh phew I thought I missed it. It wasn't loading earlier for me.

I was watching the Star Vs The Forces of Evil Movie event that aired to pass the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without spoiling it, HOLY **** that is one of the darkest things I have ever seen in a kids show but it was absolutely fantastic. The story, writing, jokes and everything else was so good and some really hype worthy things happened. It's such a good show.
The splatfest starts in 85 minutes.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Played the Blaster Master Zero demo.

It was pretty fun, my thumb hurts like hell from playing it, but it was fun.

Since it's just $10, I may pick it up down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom