• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
No Jeremy Irons back as Scar

But Hugh should be great.

Hugh Jackman's not a bad choice for Scar.

I'm just glad we at least have James Earl Jones as Mufasa again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo/IS did contribute their own suggestions, and the number from each game will not be completely equal (so Shadow Dragon is not guaranteed to have 10 characters just because Fates does and vice versa).
Aaaand now is when I start really fearing for Merric's odds. On the flip side, the poll results thing makes me a bit more confident in Cordelia (I think Caeda would come first though).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
TOY STORY IN KINGDOM HEARTS OH MY GOD.

Wasn't there evidence of a scrapped Toy Story world in a past game? I'm thrilled it finally panned out.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Unfortunately, I'll be missing the first Splatfest (I know it technically won't transfer over) since I need to get ready to work by the time it begins and I won't be back until long after it ends.

Do not fear; the only cost is that I'll be waiting a little under a week for the actual game. :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TOY STORY IN KINGDOM HEARTS OH MY GOD.

Wasn't there evidence of a scrapped Toy Story world in a past game? I'm thrilled it finally panned out.
There was world map concept art for the first game that had a Toy Story world icon.

There were also unused models and summon data in KH2FM for Buzz and Woody.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was world map concept art for the first game that had a Toy Story world icon.

There were also unused models and summon data in KH2FM for Buzz and Woody.
Ah, that was it. Thanks!

Still, I'm hyped that it finally got a world. It looks absolutely gorgeous, too. Toy Story was near the top of my list of worlds I wanted in (Tangled was, as well, so that's two for me). Now I just need The Jungle Book, Frozen, and Wreck-It Ralph to have my entire top five. :p

Though having Port Royal and La Cite des Cloches come back would be amazing too, or a Marvel world, but I think that may be a lot to ask, licensing wise.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Live action Aladdin casting news:

Yeah not liking that casting at all. Especially Pink Ranger as Jasmine and Will Smith as Genie.
Nothing can stand up to Robin Williams but Smith is just terrible casting and PR was awful so I don't care for the actress playing Jasmine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Am I the only one who really dislike this whole thing of all these live action remakes of animated Disney films?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Am I the only who really dislike this whole thing of all these live action remakes of animated Disney films?
I don't mind so long as they're good like Jungle Book.
Lion King should be good. The other stuff doesn't really fill me with confidence.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One thing I noticed while watching the Toy Story trailer.

Woody and Buzz were in Sora's party at the same time as Donald and Goofy.

We can now potentially have two guest party members per world that can be used alongside Donald and Goofy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yeah not liking that casting at all. Especially Pink Ranger as Jasmine and Will Smith as Genie.
Nothing can stand up to Robin Williams but Smith is just terrible casting and PR was awful so I don't care for the actress playing Jasmine.

Jasmine is like one of the hottest of the Disney princess' and this actress doesn't seem up to par for me

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Out of all the live action remakes Disney are doing, Aladdin is the one I'm against the most. And it's primarly because of Genie.

Not only because no one can top Robin Williams, but also the fact that what makes Genie so great is because he's an animated character.

You can't do Genie's crazy antics in live-action without it looking very off. You're going to have to make major changes to him, and at that point, he's not Genie anymore.
Am I the only one who really dislike this whole thing of all these live action remakes of animated Disney films?
I'm mostly against it myself, but if they're good (like Jungle Book), I'll give credit where it's due.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Toy Story World is pretty hype yo

Yo so does this mean Tom Hanks is gonna be in a Kingdom Hearts game?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Z25
Where did you watch the Star vs. movie? The only link I can find is a mega download and, honestly, **** that thing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mena Massoud, if nothing else, seems like a good pick to play Aladdin. He seems pretty happy about it on Twitter.

I forget who said it, but someone said "A Jungle Book adaptation is only as good as its Bagheera." I take a similar stance with Aladdin. It's only as good as its Genie. Robin Williams is tough to stand up against, but Broadway's take on Genie was stellar, so it can be done. Granted, Will Smith doesn't fill me with much confidence, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

As long as it's more like The Jungle Book or Beauty and the Beast's live action adaptation and not like Alice in Wonderland's, I'll be happy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Game time! Where was this random user for the last week with no internet or very little electronics? Working at a camp. And there are still 2 more weeks to do left. So I only got a little bit of time to do stuff before leaving to work again. Now for another game. Place your bets on how many Stamina Potions and time I will waste trying to get 5* Tobin and Phantom Spd in one day before Tempest Trials goes away while I'm at camp.
Oh also in the attempt for Summer Robin, I've gotten:
-Nowi
-Olwen(YAY!)
-Mae
-Linde
-Another Mae
-And plenty of Donnels, Ests and Florinas.
I'm sure no one here really cares about the story in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I'd feel like I should share my thoughts on a certain plot point that happens in the newest story chapter released today.

*Reaches the final map of Chapter 12*

*Notices it is called "The Mask Cracks*

*Eyes open wide*

"Oooo, looks like we will finally learn the Masked Man's identity!"

*Starts the map and notices Bruno appears.*

*Bruno rambles on about how he killed Zacharius and presents Zacharius's lance as proof*

*Yeah, yeah, whatever. I still think you are faking the fact about killing Zacharius.*

*Plays through the map and beats it*

*Masked Man gets injured. Story dialogue ensues where Masked Man asks Alfonse to kill him.*

"Alfonse, no, don't kill him. I have a better idea. Take off his mask like it's a Scooby Doo episode!"

*Alfonse realizes how Zacharius's voice wasn't heard during the Rite. Sharena asks him if there's another possibility. He says there is. Alfonse then turns to the Masked Man*

*Masked man, Are you Zacharius?*

Me:

"Holy cow, we ARE going to learn the Masked Man's identity now."

*Screen fades to black and then tells me I got an orb.*

"WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE WRITERS ENDED IT ON A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THIS?"

Yep, looks like we'll have to wait until the next story chapter to learn what the Masked Man's response is.

I still think the Masked Man is Zacharius but turned into "Bruno" because he got corrupted by that demon in some way.
I think there's a possibility that both Zacharius and "Bruno" are possessed or maybe a case of demon controlling Bruno controlling Zacharius. I mean, you have Veronica admit she has a brother and in either case, she could be sane enough and actually have a brother or she's delved far enough into insanity and deceived into thinking she has a brother. Then there's the stuff about the dark god of the Embla Kingdom controlling those with it's blood in their veins. So if "Bruno" IS Veronica's brother, he could be just as manipulated as Veronica is. Also, the idea of a person controlling another person with said controller also being controlled is definitely not unheard of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That isn't true by virtue of all of these stories being public domain.
I'm talking about the Disney-fied versions and cases like The Lion King, which is their property through and through, even if the story is somewhat of a rehash of Hamlet.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
tfw my most wanted world is in KH3

Also it's nice to see that the game will release in 2018. I kind of hope it doesn't get delayed, but if it does, then at least there will be more time to work on it.
Either way I've still got to play the rest of the entries that aren't KH1 and I have plenty of time to do so.

Now I kind of hope that we can get more news about the FFVII Remake soon, even though I still haven't gotten around to playing FFVII yet.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm talking about the Disney-fied versions and cases like The Lion King, which is their property through and through, even if the story is somewhat of a rehash of Hamlet.
Even then, it's not to keep the rights. The Lion King isn't even close to entering public domain.

The real answer is just that they sell tickets by making them. There's an audience for it that they're willing to capitalize on.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I think that's Andy's new house from Toy Story 2 and 3, right? I don't recall Andy's house from the first movie looking like that, nor Bonnie's house. Does this "Galaxy Toys" plot take place between 2 and 3? (Or even 1 and 2)

Also, Young Xehanort looks creepy in this world, and he hardly even looks like a toy.

(Posting on my iPhone because internet problems elsewhere so can't post pics)

---

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well I gotta get reused to the splatoon 2 controls.

Also roller boys(cause I can't use the slosher)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lion King is the only one I want to see

---

I didn't like the change in the Jungle Books story though.

If I remember correctly they decided to make Mowgli stay with the animals which changes the whole story

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Comin' at you live from Inkopolis Square!

I got a room set up for everybody over here. Woomy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom