• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Persona 5 memes are the best
Went to see Despicable Me 3. It was pretty good. Like the second one better.

One issue I had was that it introduced a rather big number of thing/events, a number of which I saw were solved a little too quickly or even forgotten. Also, the ending was screaming a sequel (sure, it is inevitable, but it felt too impatient).

Plus I was surprised they said "It's on like Donkey Kong" but wasn't listed in the credits (Nintendo has trademarked that phrase).
Wait, "It's on like Donkey Kong" is trademarked? When did that happen

D

Deleted member

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaawsuit...
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaawsuit...
>Nintendo sues Illumination
>Gets some cash money from them
>Illuminatti has no money to make more Minion movies
>World peace achieved
This is a joke, we all know they'd just recover the money by selling minion merch

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Went to see Despicable Me 3. It was pretty good. Like the second one better.

One issue I had was that it introduced a rather big number of thing/events, a number of which I saw were solved a little too quickly or even forgotten. Also, the ending was screaming a sequel (sure, it is inevitable, but it felt too impatient).

Plus I was surprised they said "It's on like Donkey Kong" but wasn't listed in the credits (Nintendo has trademarked that phrase).
How was Trey Parker as the villain. He's the only reason why I have any interest in that movie

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How was Trey Parker as the villain. He's the only reason why I have any interest in that movie
He was interesting as Balthazar Bratt. Pretty likable.

If you're expecting him to sound like his South Park characters then you're going to be disappointed.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Got back from Spider-Man Homecoming.

Go watch it.
Tom Holland is the best Spidey.
Vulture is a fantastic villain, the best in the MCU.

Michael Mando (Vaas Montengro) is Scorpion
Zendaya both is and isn't Mary Jane. She's called Michelle but she also goes by MJ.
Donald Glover is Prowler and he references Miles Morales.
Vulture twist was excellent
Tony gets engaged with Pepper
The film ends on a great moment
Second post-credit scene is perfection.

Spectacular/10

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Got back from Spider-Man Homecoming.

Go watch it.
Tom Holland is the best Spidey.
Vulture is a fantastic villain, the best in the MCU.

Michael Mando (Vaas Montengro) is Scorpion
Zendaya both is and isn't Mary Jane. She's called Michelle but she also goes by MJ.
Donald Glover is Prowler and he references Miles Morales.
Vulture twist was excellent
Tony gets engaged with Pepper
The film ends on a great moment
Second post-credit scene is perfection.

Spectacular/10

Pepper is in this and she's back together with Tony?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And besides that, it's not information that they will necessarily ever need, unless it is specific to your sex anyway, such as prostate cancer. Men and women are not made of such radically different substance that they ever need differing modes of treatment.
I was referring specifically to instances like prostate cancer and other sex-exclusive conditions in my post, thought that would have been obvious given the subject of the discussion.

I still don't see the benefit of not including it on your birth cert, since while the instances where not having it is a problem are few and far between, the problems related to having it there are even fewer and much less quantifiable. People will have their gender identity regardless of the sex being there. It hasn't stopped anyone before. And anyone who would give trans people flak would do it with or without the birth cert, so that isn't even a related issue.

Chrono.

Though I don't really care about them anymore, I decided to catch up on the Death Battles I missed just for the heck of it.

Metal Sonic vs Zero came out today, and...

Zero won. He managed to defy Metal Sonic's Chaos Control and slice it in half while it was in its ultimate form. Yeah, feels like this match was one-sided.

The next Death Battle is confirmed to be Lucario vs Renamon. It's another case where a matchup is first starred in a One-Minute Melee and is then featured as a Death Battle later on.
I'm not surprised by this at all tbh

As for Lucario vs Renamon, it'll depend if Renamon has Ruki by their side or not Or by SA's whim.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever since Typhlosion lost its flame except in attacking animation, he's gone down on my top list

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally watched some post-2nd movie episodes of Spongebob, definitely has a different flavor; less gross factor, more fluid animation etc.
Seasons 1-3 is still on its own godtier, but this is way better than than seasons 4-5 imo.

I was going to watch more episodes, but then the ****ing cable lost signal again.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ever since Typhlosion lost its flame except in attacking animation, he's gone down on my top list

That's uncomfortable, but I get it. They needed to show of it emitted fire from its body, but with limited animation till gen 6, it always had it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of starter Pokémon, does anyone know what the theme is for Grass starters?

I know Fire is the Chinese Zodiac and Water is non-fish water dwellers (I once thought Grass was dinosaurs/reptiles but then Chespin & Rowlet happened).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly I don't care for any of the gen 2 starters. Worst starts imo. Gen 5 also has some bad starter

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Meanwhile I'm just like...

Cackling and loving that Nintendo and Koei Tecmo were like...

''Fire Emblem Heroes gets most of it's core cast playable. **** every other game!"

Chrono.

Speaking of starter Pokémon, does anyone know what the theme is for Grass starters?

I know Fire is the Chinese Zodiac and Water is non-fish water dwellers (I once thought Grass was dinosaurs/reptiles but then Chespin & Rowlet happened).
Someone explained why Rowlet and Chespin still follow the Dinosaurs theme but I don't remember where is it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly I don't care for any of the gen 2 starters. Worst starts imo. Gen 5 also has some bad starter
I like Typhlosion and Feraligatr

They aren't great, but I like them

Gen 5 starters were the worst

Typhlosion actually made it into my top 25 pokemon. Although he once was in my top 10. Mostly for nostalgia. But seeing him without the flame lowers him on my list for some reason

Also interestingly, seeing different forms of a pokemon lowers them on my list

Alolan Sandslash makes my top 10, but showing me regular sandslash and saying "Alolan forms counts with him" it'll still lower him on my list

---

I kind of wish Typhlosion had a start up animation where he turned the flames on, like they have in the anime. Where in battle he has the flames on at all time.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gen 2 doesn't particularly do it for me either, I'm completely lukewarm to all of the base stages and the only final stage I really like that much is Meganium.

Gen 3 is honestly the winner for starter selection for me. The only one I don't care for that much there is ironically the Mudkip line. Gen 5 feels about on par with most of the other gens for me in terms of how much I can squeeze out of the lines. Generally I've got one base starter and 1-2 final forms I can click with.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone explained why Rowlet and Chespin still follow the Dinosaurs theme but I don't remember where is it.
It's less "dinosaur" and more "extinct animal."

Glyptodon and Stilt Owl.

Chrono.

New Super summaries came out.

RIP Krillin.

Caulifla might go Blue.

Kale on the other hand might master her Berserk form (which should be the slimmed down version we saw in a scan).

It's less "dinosaur" and more "extinct animal."

Glyptodon and Stilt Owl.
Thanks. The word extinct kept escaping me.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New Super summaries came out.

RIP Krillin.

Caulifla might go Blue.

Kale on the other hand might master her Berserk form (which should be the slimmed down version we saw in a scan).

Thanks. The word extinct kept escaping me.
At this point Im sure strong dudes like Hit and Golden Frieza will end jobbing to Jiren.

Krillin killed someone with a Destructo Disc, calling it.

Caulifla reaching Blue would be so BS, I hope it happens :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Typhlosion is cool and all but he suffers from the fact his aquatic cousin is better in every single possible way.
Meganium is the one the other two can 100% agree that he's the worst.
The door. Now.
And you better be thankful I'm not reporting you.

Chrono.

At this point Im sure strong dudes like Hit and Golden Frieza will end jobbing to Jiren.

Krillin killed someone with a Destructo Disc, calling it.

Caulifla reaching Blue would be so BS, I hope it happens :yeahboi:
I'd actually like if she went SSJ3 and then 4 for no reason at all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I'm rather entertained that my guess about how they might handle Lissa in FE Warriors was correct.

Seems like they went for the Awakening starting crew, kind of vanilla but at least it means more Frederick memes.

I'm gonna be honest I'm paying the most attention to whatever pans out for the Shadow Dragon crew anyway. Awakening and Fates are frontloaded with vanilla while Shadow Dragon has a lot more wiggle room.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Serperior was pretty cool. It's up there for one of the Grass starters I like alongside Decidueye and Torterra.

Samurott was cool too. I liked the samurai-theme going on with its design, but it's a shame it's stats are rather lackluster compared to the other Water starters.

Emboar though... oh god. Easily my least favorite design of any starter Pokemon.

The only set of starters I either dislike or don't care for are gens 1-2 (and gen 6 to some extent, but Greninja exists so... yeah).

D

Deleted member

>playing Staff of Ages
>gets to Ch8
"Alright, time to take a break, I'll finish this lat--"
>version 1.7.1 is out
>saves aren't compatible with new version
Well, ****
Well, I do want to see how they implemented skills and the first few maps aren't that long, brb

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just got Nier, Bioshock, paid off Wolfenstein, Splatoon 2, Mario and $350 of an Xbox One X, just from trading a bunch of games. Hell yeah.

Also gen 6 has meh starters, but Greninja is top 5 starter stuff, so it saves gen 6.

And Feralgatr is the only decent gen 2. Meganuim and Thyplosion are pretty bad, as are all three gen 5 starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom