• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Finally watched some post-2nd movie episodes of Spongebob, definitely has a different flavor; less gross factor, more fluid animation etc.
Seasons 1-3 is still on its own godtier, but this is way better than than seasons 4-5 imo.

I was going to watch more episodes, but then the ****ing cable lost signal again.
Yeah, I heard seasons 9 and 10 were improvements, and also that the original creator came back to the series. I've seen some of the episodes, they were funny sometimes.

Rock Bottom also made a reappearance in one of the newest episodes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh. Got itt, Gen 5 was unova.
Here's a (probably not) easy way to remember them all in order:

Gen 1: Whiny nostalgia goggles fandom Japan
Gen 2: 2-in-1 expansion pack Japan
Gen 3: Water Japan
Gen 4: Coolest Japan
Gen 5: New York
Gen 6: France
Gen 7: Hawaii

I have now thus summed up all seven generations in one go. Or you can just remember the last three by "not Japan" and remember the specifics from there.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Username revert today after watching that FE Warriors trailer cause CHROM IS BACK.
And avy change because Spring still hasn't ended while Bunny Chrom is on my main Heroes team. "Spring has sprung" is probably my favorite Chrom quote at this point.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
4 > 1 = 3 > 6 = 2 = 7 > - 5

Some of them are close though

With gen 5 being WAY behind

Although Blastoise is still my favorite pokemon overall. There is just something about Gen 4 starters as a whole I felt good choosing any of them

4 I like all starters
1 I like all starters
3 I like all starters

6 I like 2 starters and think 1 is the ugliest I've ever seen
2 I like 2 starters and think Meganium is usless crap
7 Is kind of complicated. I don't really hate any of the starters but am not fond of Primarina and am still a little disappointed in Incineroar for some reason

Gen 5 I can stand the starters but didn't care for them. Serperior sucked in gen 5, emboar sucks in general but was literally the best starter to use in game for gen 5, and Samurott is ok but kind of generic

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You talked with him at least?

He's going to need a lot of advice regarding his future.
Already did.

He has some idea of what he wants to do (like college), then shrugged me off for asking too many questions.

As long as he's going to raise that baby well and his girl. He should have more ideas of who can help him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Generation II probably had my least favorite starters over all. Typhlosion I liked, but not as much as my preferred starter of any other generation, and I'm not too big of a fan of Feraligatr or Meganium.

Sinnoh probably had my favorite starters over all, since it's the only one where I can say I outright love all three.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
TIL that Crash N.Sane Trilogy is hard to find.
Or at least it is where I live.
On the bright side, my local Gamestop is getting shipments tonight, and if they don't have any physical copies, I can still get a download code.
Either way, I can still wait a while to play it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is it allowed to trade in old *** ganecube games?
Yes. At least you aren't trading in 10 copies of Battleborn like I did today
TIL that Crash N.Sane Trilogy is hard to find.
Or at least it is where I live.
On the bright side, my local Gamestop is getting shipments tonight, and if they don't have any physical copies, I can still get a download code.
Either way, I can still wait a while to play it.
I went digital baby!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In the ongoing war of Me vs Cable:
I got pissed and I ended twisting and biting the cord.

The bad: jaw feels weird.
The good: it actually worked to recover some channels lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's like people are actively ignoring that Lissa, Frederick and Robin were revealed for FEW so they can still complain about only sword users being playable.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's like people are actively ignoring that Lissa, Frederick and Robin were revealed for FEW so they can still complain about only sword users being playable.
Even with those three the FE:W roster seems a lot less interesting than the HW roster imo.

I'm sure the game will be fun but the roster seems rather bland and predictable so far. They've clearly gone the route of promotion hindering potential for variety.

This is just my opinion, but as it stands now I'm underwhelmed.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Even with those three the FE:W roster seems a lot less interesting than the HW roster imo.

I'm sure the game will be fun but the roster seems rather bland and predictable so far. They've clearly gone the route of promotion hindering potential for variety.

No way the FEW roster is more interesting cause they're characters I actually care about!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Even with those three the FE:W seems a lot less interesting than the HW roster imo.

Its fate (no pun intended) was kind of sealed when they said they'd only focus on Shadow Dragon, Fates and Awakening. It's nto really a bad thing, but it makes the roster a bit predictable. I saw all of these new characters coming from two miles away.

Could you explain how promotion hinders the potential for variety? The three games have a lot of different class characters in them. For example, just from the 10 royals in Fates we have a foot lance who is also a singer, a Pegasus Knight, a Wyvern Rider (with tomes), a mounted swordsman, infantry swordsman, a manakete swordsman, an archer, a mounted cleric/mage, a mounted dark mage (Leo uses dark, right????) and a cleric archer. That's diversity right there.

I will admit I am confused as to how they'll make Marth, Chrom, and Lucina all different from each other though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
FE Warriors roster prediction: http://i.imgur.com/x8WSJPy.png

low-key praying that all the royals from Fates make it in :'^)
I'm cool with this cause it has my 3 waifus.

I still am pretty sure Ike and Roy will be in since they said the game will have amiibo support.

Its fate (no pun intended) was kind of sealed when they said they'd only focus on Shadow Dragon, Fates and Awakening. It's nto really a bad thing, but it makes the roster a bit predictable. I saw all of these new characters coming from two miles away.

Could you explain how promotion hinders the potential for variety? The three games have a lot of different class characters in them. For example, just from the 10 royals in Fates we have a foot lance who is also a singer, a Pegasus Knight, a Wyvern Rider (with tomes), a mounted swordsman, infantry swordsman, a manakete swordsman, an archer, a mounted cleric/mage, a mounted dark mage (Leo uses dark, right????) and a cleric archer. That's diversity right there.

I will admit I am confused as to how they'll make Marth, Chrom, and Lucina all different from each other though.
Hey they made 4 Links work in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No way the FEW roster is more interesting cause they're characters I actually care about!
See, this is why I'm less fussed about FE Warriors than everyone else.

The three games covered are the only games in the series I've actually tried, haha. And I've never played any of the Zelda games covered in Hyrule Warriors, either, so FE Warriors has a one-up over that in terms of connecting to me as well.

I mean yeah I'd love it if I got Yarne or Hayato or Bantu or some other character obscure enough in their respective games that I could cry, but I'm not nearly as messed over as nearly everyone else seems to be.

Oh, and FE Warriors has reclassing IIRC as well. That should spice up the diversity further if the initial push isn't quite enough on it's own.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zelda just has more colorful characters than Fire Emblem in general

Even if they went through all of Fire Emblem's history there isn't really of a chance to beat Zelda on that

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think what N3ON N3ON meant was promotion in the sense of advertisement.

As in, using primarily 3DS titles + Shadow Dragon instead of the series in general would hinder the variety in the roster.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How to make FE:W cool as ****: A D D C E L I C A

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Zelda just has more colorful characters than Fire Emblem in general

Even if they went through all of Fire Emblem's history there isn't really of a chance to beat Zelda on that
Not necessarily.

Zelda's characters are just more defined by simple charm and specific abilities (usually related to an element like Wind or Earth). The series is also just more well known so its easier to please people.

Fire Emblem characters (sometimes) have more of a background to them and their personalities are usually a bit more in depth than Zelda. Their abilities don't define them as much as Zelda characters though because class changing exists.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not necessarily.

Zelda's characters are just more defined by simple charm and specific abilities (usually related to an element like Wind or Earth). The series is also just more well known so its easier to please people.

Fire Emblem characters (sometimes) have more of a background to them and their personalities are usually a bit more in depth than Zelda. Their abilities don't define them as much as Zelda characters though because class changing exists.
I don't see how their background is going to change how interesting they are to look at

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think what N3ON N3ON meant was promotion in the sense of advertisement.

As in, using primarily 3DS titles + Shadow Dragon instead of the series in general would hinder the variety in the roster.
Honestly using main characters instead of side characters tanks it a lot harder than not using characters from other games. They had a valid point about characters from other games creating too many sword users, it's just they then undermined it by giving all of their OCs swords as well.

Oh look, there's Ike, with a sword!
Look at Lyndis, with that beautiful sword! Mmmm, such variety!
And look at Roy! HIS sword has T3H F1Y4H!
Hey, you know who we should add? Alm, because of that beautiful sword! Oh, and let's not forget Celica! Swordy, swordy, sword!

Hector and Ephraim are like two exceptions in a sea of fencing, and even then Lyndis is more popular than they are.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just want Niles but we all know the archer will be Takumi
Yeah it's no doubt gonna be Takumi. While I'm not a fan of Niles I'd definitely take him over Taco Meat.

I imagine all the wilder characters will come from Marth's game.

Well beside Marth and Caeda who are both guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah it's no doubt gonna be Takumi. While I'm not a fan of Niles I'd definitely take him over Taco Meat.
Hey, at least the Possession Pineapple will produce a perfectly proficient punching bag!

Chrono.

Honestly using main characters instead of side characters tanks it a lot harder than not using characters from other games. They had a valid point about characters from other games creating too many sword users, it's just they then undermined it by giving all of their OCs swords as well.

Oh look, there's Ike, with a sword!
Look at Lyndis, with that beautiful sword! Mmmm, such variety!
And look at Roy! HIS sword has T3H F1Y4H!
Hey, you know who we should add? Alm, because of that beautiful sword! Oh, and let's not forget Celica! Swordy, swordy, sword!

Hector and Ephraim are like two exceptions in a sea of fencing, and even then Lyndis is more popular than they are.
Yeah, Ike and Roy need their swords because plot.

But Lyndis can use bows in tandem with her sword, Alm can use axes and Celica can use magic. Then look at some of the other main characters: Leif can use bows and staves, Ephraim is a lance user and can be mounted, same for Sigurd being mounted and able to use axes, Micaiah is a mage and Eliwood has Durandal which while another sword it's a bigger one than normal.

What I do agree with is that pulling characters from all the series for the base roster could potentially mean using ALL the main characters (or at least most of them) which, if the roster is gonna be modestly sized, could pose problems for secondary characters down the line getting shafted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom