• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
All you nerds are arguing over the amount of Awakening and Fates characters getting in FE:W when we all know Batta the Beast is going to be saved as the last slot.

/thread

D

Deleted member

Concept: Hector gets in FEW but he uses a sword only.
Conceot 2: That sword is Durandal.
Alm can use axes
What kind of herculean leap of logic did you make to reach this? His secondary weapon is Bows

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Concept: Hector gets in FEW but he uses a sword only.
Conceot 2: That sword is Durandal.

What kind of herculean leap pf logic did you make to reach this? His secondary weapon is Bows
He can in Awakening, my bad.

Either way my point still stands. He can do more than just swing around a sword.

D

Deleted member

He can in Awakening, my bad.

Either way my point still stands. He can do more than just swing around a sword.
I think that's because Heros use axes too but not in Gaiden/Echoes(though the only thing Alm's Figher/Hero class has in common with the Axe Fighter?Hero is the name and ability to use Swords on promotion, and even then, generic Hero didn't become part of the Fighter class until FE8), so fair enough.

Still, I'd argue that Alm can bring a more middleweight sword moveset: not as heavy as Ike but not as light as Marth or Chrom, alongside being more refined than Ike's or Chrom's rustic styles and swordbeams+Excalibur ripoffs(as seen with Scendscale). Bows could use a more heavy draw approach while Lyn's would be a more rapid fire one like Zelda's Light Arrows in HW

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I can stop smiling every time I watch Puyo Puyo Tetris' Adventure mode cutscenes.

The characters are just so darn lovable and funny! ❤

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
You're all talking about the new Fire Emblem Warriors characters, but why has no one mentioned Kellam yet?

D

Deleted member

I have no idea how Discord works, so many chats moving too fast, this place is confusing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that's because Heros use axes too but not in Gaiden/Echoes(though the only thing Alm's Figher/Hero class has in common with the Axe Fighter?Hero is the name and ability to use Swords on promotion, and even then, generic Hero didn't become part of the Fighter class until FE8), so fair enough.

Still, I'd argue that Alm can bring a more middleweight sword moveset: not as heavy as Ike but not as light as Marth or Chrom, alongside being more refined than Ike's or Chrom's rustic styles and swordbeams+Excalibur ripoffs(as seen with Scendscale). Bows could use a more heavy draw approach while Lyn's would be a more rapid fire one like Zelda's Light Arrows in HW

I think what he was thinking of was DLC Alm from Awakening, who was a Dread Fighter. Awakening's Dread Fighters used swords, axes, and magic instead of just swords.

But yeah, bow+sword Alm and fire magic Celica for DLC please.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think what he was thinking of was DLC Alm from Awakening, who was a Dread Fighter. Awakening's Dread Fighters used swords, axes, and magic instead of just swords.

But yeah, bow+sword Alm and fire magic Celica for DLC please.
You forgot the most important point in favor of that Alm:

The Dong Armor.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got back from Spider-Man Homecoming.

Go watch it.
Tom Holland is the best Spidey.
Vulture is a fantastic villain, the best in the MCU.

Michael Mando (Vaas Montengro) is Scorpion
Zendaya both is and isn't Mary Jane. She's called Michelle but she also goes by MJ.
Donald Glover is Prowler and he references Miles Morales.
Vulture twist was excellent
Tony gets engaged with Pepper
The film ends on a great moment
Second post-credit scene is perfection.

Spectacular/10

I'm hoping to see this movie soon. Spider-Man is my *****, hands down the best Marvel hero.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
and even then, generic Hero didn't become part of the Fighter class until FE8
Actually, the first game with Fighters that promote to Hero is FE5.

Technically the class is called mercenary in Japanese but it's a hero in all but name.

:p

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Everyone's arguing about characters, gameplay mechanics and what they should be..........Might as well try another summon for the Summer heroes...

*cutscene*

"Need me? All right, I'll help."

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Everyone's arguing about characters, gameplay mechanics and what they should be..........Might as well try another summon for the Summer heroes...

*cutscene*

"Need me? All right, I'll help."

Make sure you give Takumi Vantage 3 and Reposition, and then he will be all set to go.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can you use your file from Fire Emblem Heroes on another device? I'm asking cause I just got a new phone and while I do want to put FEHeroes on it, I don't know If you can the same file for that one. Is it possible?

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can you use your file from Fire Emblem Heroes on another device? I'm asking cause I just got a new phone and while I do want to put FEHeroes on it, I don't know If you can the same file for that one. Is it possible?
If you have it linked to you My Nintendo account or whatever, I think it syncs with that. Not 100% sure, though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Climbs up a cliff...uses two stamina elixirs to make it to the top...Goat charges me, falls off cliff....dies...

Guess what's on the menu tonight...:glare:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So folks.

Let's have a fun game.

Take two characters from Smash and have them work as a team.

All their powers are allowed.

Try to make...

1. The team that fits the most.
2. The most powerful team.
3. The team that doesn't fit at all.
4. The least powerful team.
5. Three teams that are unexpected but would be surprisingly strong.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So folks.

Let's have a fun game.

Try to make...

1. Mario and Luigi
2. Mega Man and Bayo. Both have time slowing/time stopping powers and weapons, at least two in Mega Man's case. On top of having a **** ton of weapons in general.
3. Ganon and R.O.B?
4. Olimar and Wii Fit Trainer
5. Samus and DK, Fox and Cloud, Meta-Knight and Rosalina?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So folks.

Let's have a fun game.

Try to make...

I'll give it a try.

1. :4greninja::4sheik: - Because they are ninjas. They can team up with all of their ninja tools and shenanigans.
2. :4palutena::4ganondorf: - If we're talking about the most powerful within game universes and not competitive viability. These two come to mind: one is a goddess, the other is a lord of darkness capable of transforming into a reincarnation of an ancient evil entity. The way I see it, both are capable of god-like powers.
3. :popo::4charizard: - No matter what the Ice Climbers do for their attacks, their ice melts away because of the heat produced by Charizard's tail, or Charizard accidentally breathing fire on ice that is trapping a foe.
4.:4villager::4drmario: - Again, if you mean least powerful pertaining to respective game universes and not competitive viability, this is what came to my mind. One is a simple villager, the other is an average doctor.
5.:4falcon::4bowserjr: - Both ride vehicles. Captain Falcon can run over foes with Blue Falcon, while Bowser Jr. can use his Clown Car to fire various weapons to finish the incapicated foes.
:4duckhunt::4dedede: - Dedede resembles a duck, and considering how the Duck Hunt relies on the N-Zapper (which hunts down ducks in the Duck Hunt game) for its moveset, Dedede could be trying to fly (or, in his case, float) away from the shots, but as he does so, the N-Zapper will miss and attack other foes in the way.
:4pikachu::4ryu: - Pikachu stuns foes with its electricity, allowing Ryu to easily perform combos on the affected individuals.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So folks.

Let's have a fun game.

Try to make...

1. Probably any batch of protagonists that already work together in their games, Robin and Lucina being the most obvious that aren't the already covered Mario and Luigi. Barring that, Link and Marth would be your baseline fanfiction standard.
2. Is straight up reality warping allowed? Pick any two out of three of Rosalina, Shulk, and Lucas and call it a day. If not? Bayo and Mewtwo would probably be a solid combo.
3. Let's lock Pit and Ganondorf in a room and see how long they last. Someone is going to give.
4. Olimar and either Wii Fit Trainer or Villager as stated above. I give the Dr. Mario at least the benefit of the doubt of actually being both a doctor and Mario, give him a syringe and Mario's agility and he could mess a guy up.
5. Robin and Lucario offers the opportunity for some strategy abuse, give Robin a way to know the exact position and emotional state of their opponents on the battlefield and let the situation manipulation commence. Steal Kirby and DK's food at the same time and revenge will be a dish best served spicy hot. Or for my personal favorite, bring Sonic and Pit for a lovely example of two banter happy maniacs that could individually clear a warzone in minutes that have nearly opposite battle niches and grab some popcorn.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1. :4dk: And :4diddy: for the same reasons as Mario and Luigi
2. :4sonic:and :4bayonetta:. Time and speed is overpowered.
3. :4wiifit: and :4dedede:, simply because they're both opposites, yet both exemplify physical perfection.
4. :4wiifit: and :4villager:. Civilian buddies.
5A. :4marth:/:4metaknight:. Nowhere is safe from their blades.
5B. :4robinm:/:4rob:. Give a medieval tactician an advanced AI that can shoot lasers and fight at close range, and you've won yourself a war.
5C. Powerful in a different sense, but...:4shulk:/:4wario:. Shulk can see the future. Wario's greed is immeasurable. Shulk foresees a disaster? Wario capitalizes off the injured. Shulk knows next week's lotto numbers? Wario wins big. Shulk sees a business venture of Wario's failing? Time to sell the company. Shulk sees that a rookie entrepreneur is looking to start up an instantly successful future product? Wario funds it for a large sum of royalties.

Wario and Shulk could own everything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Good old Mega Man and Ryu would also be one of the most fitting teams. CAPCOM Boyz and all that. :4megaman: :4ryu:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, uh....
Sequel or port, I don't care. The Wonderful 101 deserves another chance at life.

Really hoping this means something.

Chrono.

Yeah, those cheeky ******** are definitely teasing something.
I was willing to write off the Bayonetta tweet as a stretch, but this isn't even subtle anymore.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
btw...for those who have a Switch, feel free to add me....

My FC's listed over here...
<---

Though nowadays I'm mostly playing BotW...but I'd be down for some multiplayer games when I get the time, I don't have too much time mind you...at least for online play...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, I wonder what the calculations of Robin x prep time x partner would be for each character combo, LOL.

After what they pulled with Basilo they pretty much just need someone able to lay low or obfuscate stupidity and they can troll the heck out of all but the cleverest villains via mass loophole abuse. Gosh knows what they can do with the any number of characters that can expand their knowledge base more than a couple of tipoffs about a bad timeline and a single accidental transplanted memory did.

Heck, have Robin leave King Dedede on speed dial and call the darn penguin the first sign anything is wrong just to see if he's noticed anything and you've already genre savvied your way halfway past the average plot in the Smash multiverse.

Ivander

Smash Legend
5B. :4robinm:/:4rob:. Give a medieval tactician an advanced AI that can shoot lasers and fight at close range, and you've won yourself a war.
This was the first thing that came to mind when I read this.
Replace Ramza with Robin, Mustadio with Chrom and Worker 8 with R.O.B.

:troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This was the first thing that came to mind when I read this.
Replace Ramza with Robin, Mustadio with Chrom and Worker 8 with R.O.B.

:troll:
. . .Maybe we should make sure whatever robot we hand to a medieval tactician values the First Law of Robitics a bit more than the Second.

Maybe not as convenient for a fight, but the First Law still gets a waiver when innocent lives are at stake and it's more. . .idiot proof.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, uh....
Sequel or port, I don't care. The Wonderful 101 deserves another chance at life.

Really hoping this means something.
Yeah, those cheeky ******** are definitely teasing something.

I was willing to write off the Bayonetta tweet as a stretch, but this isn't even subtle anymore.
Please, Wonderful 102! We need it!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So folks.

Let's have a fun game.

Try to make...

1. :4mario::4luigi:
  2. :4ness::4mewtwo:. Ness disables the foe while Mewtwo powers up with Calm Mind and attacks with Psystrike.
  3. :4ganondorf::4palutena:
  4. :4littlemac::4megaman:. Mac has to attack close up, meaning he'd get in the way of Mega Man's ranged attacks.
    • :4link::4bowserjr:. Both can set up traps and completely lock down the battlefield.
    • :4fox::4metaknight:. They'd stay in their ships, flying around and blasting everything.
    • :4megaman::4kirby:. Kirby could access a variety of Copy Abilities by inhaling Mega Man's attacks.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So folks.

Let's have a fun game.

Try to make...

Bowser & Bowser JR
Shulk & Captian Falcon
Duck hunt Dog & Diddy kong
Little mac & MR Game&watch

Olimar & ganondorf, Rosalina & Plautena, Mewtwo & Bayonetta

Also can i just say a wodnerful 101 re release/sequle would be amazing because it completely invalidates what someone on here said about nintendo never brining it back/giving it a second chance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom