• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Frederick looks funny already holding the axe while the two OCs wake up in that trailer. Word says that he's getting Lu Bu's voice actor? That's surprising.

Is that the new voice actor for Lucina, Alexis Tipton? New official voice for the character then? Not that I mind, she's pretty good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, Super Mario 64 DS didn't control well at all. the D-pad was not that good for it. That would've worked better with a Control Stick easily.

3D games were designed more with a Control Stick in mind, not a D-Pad. Only super slow games can work decently with a D-Pad, because once it starts speeding up, you need precise 8-way movement. This is the main reason I don't play many games on Project 64 unless it's either a fighting game where I watch the battles or a slow game where you don't need a Control Stick to play effectively. Keyboard movements are pretty much a D-Pad, and in some ways even less effective.

I honestly wish they'd release Super Mario 64 DS with the option to use the Control Stick. Would vastly make the game better.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I honestly wish they'd release Super Mario 64 DS with the option to use the Control Stick. Would vastly make the game better.
Play Super Mario 64 DS with a 3DS? Or on the Wii U VC? At least I thought the control stick on those worked with the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Eh, Super Mario 64 DS didn't control well at all. the D-pad was not that good for it. That would've worked better with a Control Stick easily.

3D games were designed more with a Control Stick in mind, not a D-Pad. Only super slow games can work decently with a D-Pad, because once it starts speeding up, you need precise 8-way movement. This is the main reason I don't play many games on Project 64 unless it's either a fighting game where I watch the battles or a slow game where you don't need a Control Stick to play effectively. Keyboard movements are pretty much a D-Pad, and in some ways even less effective.

Why not just hook a controller up to your computer?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I personally found the touch screen a more ideal choice, especially if you slide with it your thumb like an analog stick (might need a piece of plastic attached to your thumb)

Or are you emulating that?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Play Super Mario 64 DS with a 3DS? Or on the Wii U VC? At least I thought the control stick on those worked with the game.
3DS doesn't matter. It's actually designed(the original version) to only work like you're using a d-pad. That research was done.

I didn't remember it's on the Wii U VC, but I can't confirm if they made the controls work more responsively while using a Control Stick.

Why not just hook a controller up to your computer?
Tried. Failed. Too many needed programs. I only play games that don't need one so far, so it's a low priority.

I personally found the touch screen a more ideal choice, especially if you slide with it your thumb like an analog stick (might need a piece of plastic attached to your thumb)

Or are you emulating that?
Same with the touchscreen. Soooooo much better.

I have only used a NES, SNES, N64, and Gameboy/Advance emulator, so... yeah. Currently I only have Nemu, Mupen, Project 64(all for different various uses) and Visual Boy Advance.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Quick question from something I read. Leaving the sex off of a babys birth citificate, whouldnt that cause a bit of trouble in the kids future? Because I read a story if some person that wants to not put the babies sex on its birth certificate to make a political statement
I don't see why it would affect anything. All it's doing is allowing the child to eventually come to terms with their identity themselves instead of having it determined before they're able to even comprehend colors.

It is a "political/social" thing, but it's not really done solely for a statement.

D

Deleted member

IT'S ****ING STUPID
EVERYONE HERE KNOWS ME AS THE BIGGEST ***** AROUND YET WHEN I'M AT WORK I'M AN ABSOLUTE ANGEL BEING NICE TO EVERYONE
DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE A SPLIT PERSONALITY?
Xander doesn't act differently, he acts outright contradictory
Support Xander knows his responsibilities as Crown Prince but still cares deeply for his siblings.
Birthright Xander is the most forced Camus ever and outright neglects his siblings.
Conquest Xander is suspicious of Garon in one moment but loyal to him in the next and vice versa("I knew you weren't my father!" Vs. "Father can't be evil!"), all while ignoring his siblings and the orgy of evidence around him
Rev Xander is just an idiot for 2/3 of the game: "I'm gonna destroy both NOHR AND HOSHIDO!" "Oh, Father? He's just having a bad day, that's all"
I AM GOING TO SHOVE A DEVIL AXE UP SOMEONE'S BUTT FOR NOT MAKING THIS MORE OBVIOUS
You act as if Opossum hadn't literally said that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I AM GOING TO SHOVE A DEVIL AXE UP SOMEONE'S BUTT FOR NOT MAKING THIS MORE OBVIOUS
Did you even watch the video?

Camilla is a shoo in tho :p
Generally the axe isn't the first thing I think of when I think of Camilla. :p But yeah she's like the only other one besides Garon or MAYBE Walhart that I think is getting in (even then I think they'd go with Gangrel over Walhart).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im just gonna say it right now Everyone who was a main characters mirage in Tokyo mirage sessions will be playable in heroes
(read im saying Navarre, Draug, Cain, Ceada, Virion, and tharja will be showing up) and maybe they will throw in the npc mirages like able and others

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
so im just gonna say it right now Everyone who was a main characters mirage in Tokyo mirage sessions will be playable in heroes
(read im saying Navarre, Draug, Cain, Ceada, Virion, and tharja will be showing up) and maybe they will throw in the npc mirages like able and others
Speaking of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, if the Switch version of P5 doesn't have any TMS costumes I'm gonna be hella pissed

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
See, I never played Shadow Dragon, so I had a completely different Navarre in mind here.

Super Mario Odyssey isn't a 3D platformer, apparently.

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/161799433482/whats-in-a-box

Pre-order cancelled. Unsubscribed.
Honestly? Entirely uncertain how you've reached this conclusion after reading the article.

Are you looking too deeply into their use of "sandbox"?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
TMS is the main reason I keep saying Draug is gonna be in (the other being him being an armored unit). Virion would be the next in line for Awakening after Tharja and a villain, IMO. Him getting in depends on roster size. Caeda is painfully obvious.

But I really don't think Cain will be in. I doubt they'd put him in a game like this without Abel, and having both would be redundant. I think Camus will be the final cavalier styled unit (plus then we'd have the entire weapon triangle on horseback).

Ivander

Smash Legend
But I really don't think Cain will be in. I doubt they'd put him in a game like this without Abel, and having both would be redundant. I think Camus will be the final cavalier styled unit (plus then we'd have the entire weapon triangle on horseback).
I'd be surprised if Cain and Abel weren't in. Or Sully and Stahl. I mean, Cain and Abel begun the whole "Red & Green Cavaliers" archetype that appears in many Fire Emblem games. Even Fates somewhat kept that tradition with Saizo and Kaze, even if they weren't cavaliers. At the very least, I'd expect either Cain and Abel or Sully and Stahl to appear. Maybe Saizo and Kaze if they want to add 2 speedy Ninja characters/Hidden weapons.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd be surprised if Cain and Abel weren't in. Or Sully and Stahl. I mean, Cain and Abel begun the whole "Red & Green Cavaliers" archetype that appears in many Fire Emblem games. Even Fates somewhat kept that tradition with Saizo and Kaze, even if they weren't cavaliers. At the very least, I'd expect either Cain and Abel or Sully and Stahl to appear. Maybe Saizo and Kaze if they want to add 2 speedy Ninja characters/Hidden weapons.
The only thing is that they're definitely going for uniqueness among the characters, with all of them having radically different play styles. I'm only anticipating a roster of about 23-25 at the start, so to have both Cain AND Abel seems excessive, especially when Xander and Frederick exist and when they could opt for just Camus instead.

Like. I recognize the fact that the Christmas Cavalier trope is important to the series, but in a game with a much more limited roster size, I can't see it coming into play here.

D

Deleted member

I'm a sleepy *** ***** I can't read everything
Then don't try to start a debate if you can't read everything.
You even replied to his post
I don't think TMS will have much impact on who is on FEW
For all we know, most of the TMS picks came from Atlus and we don't know if IS had a hand in them.
Meanwhile, we know that both Koei and IS are responsible for FEW's roster
Cain and Abel have to compete with Camus "doesn't require to drag his friend with and has a lance as a signature weapon" Sirius.

I don't even think we'll get a RedGreen duo becauss it'd be redundant with already two Cavs(and possibly a third) and two Ninjas is hardly justifiable when Hidden Weapons are in one game only. I can see just Kaze if they REALLY want to put a bunch of Fates characters but anyone from it has to go through Boobs McTits, Betrayal, Walking Plot Device, Loli Bait #1 and #2, Totally Not Evil and Trouble.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Quick question from something I read. Leaving the sex off of a babys birth citificate, whouldnt that cause a bit of trouble in the kids future? Because I read a story if some person that wants to not put the babies sex on its birth certificate to make a political statement
There's no reason why you shouldn't put a baby's sex on their birth certificate since it can be potentially important for medical use in the future.

Sex =/= gender, if your baby's got a wiener, then his sex is male. There's no way around that. He can still identify as female or non-binary or what have you in gender later on, but your sex is a medical/biological thing, not an identity thing. Refusing to put a baby's name on their birth certificate seems to serve little purpose unless you wanted to conceal them in some way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's no reason why you shouldn't put a baby's sex on their birth certificate since it can be potentially important for medical use in the future.

Sex =/= gender, if your baby's got a wiener, then his sex is male. There's no way around that. He can still identify as female or non-binary or what have you in gender later on, but your sex is a medical/biological thing, not an identity thing. Refusing to put a baby's name on their birth certificate seems to serve little purpose unless you wanted to conceal them in some way.
Well I think thats what some person in Canada is in court for. To fight for the right to not put the babys sex on its certificate. Also The British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal is also trying to extend the right to leave the kids sex off of every legal document... Hm Okay then. This is an intresting story

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not having your sex on your birth certificate(and IDs too) can be an advantage because trans people won't have to deal with people looking at them weirdly(or worse) when they do need to show their documents.
Not that this is the only advantage though

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think people are making up issues that aren't actually there. Any "issues" that arise can be easily remedied.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not having your sex on your birth certificate(and IDs too) can be an advantage because trans people won't have to deal with people looking at them weirdly(or worse) when they do need to show their documents.
Not that this is the only advantage though

But there's also the issue of if something happens to a person that requires the knowledge of their sex, and they aren't comfortable disclosing their sex (at least not aloud), such as they need to get an operation, then them having no sex on their birth certificate means there's no way for the doctors to find out their sex (short of forcefully undressing the patient, which is illegal), which can be vital information depending on the situation.

I think "weird looks" (which are highly down to interpretation, people with anxiety for example might assume everyone is giving them weird looks) are too small a thing to worry about, especially when a child is born. You don't know if your child will becomes trans down the line, so you shouldn't assume they will, that's just as bad as denying them the right to choose their gender identity. Their sex has nothing to do with their gender identity so you should just say it like it is, hiding it on their birth certificate doesn't actually do anything for them, certainly not immediately.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Boy I sure love it when people confidently discuss things they don't understand. I think it's time for me to take a break, maybe stretch and take a walk.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
See, I never played Shadow Dragon, so I had a completely different Navarre in mind here.

Honestly? Entirely uncertain how you've reached this conclusion after reading the article.

Are you looking too deeply into their use of "sandbox"?
Gardens have plants. Sand does not.

Nobody likes sand, anyway. It's coarse, rough, irritating, and gets everywhere.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But there's also the issue of if something happens to a person that requires the knowledge of their sex, and they aren't comfortable disclosing their sex (at least not aloud), such as they need to get an operation, then them having no sex on their birth certificate means there's no way for the doctors to find out their sex (short of forcefully undressing the patient, which is illegal), which can be vital information depending on the situation.

I think "weird looks" (which are highly down to interpretation, people with anxiety for example might assume everyone is giving them weird looks) are too small a thing to worry about, especially when a child is born. You don't know if your child will becomes trans down the line, so you shouldn't assume they will, that's just as bad as denying them the right to choose their gender identity. Their sex has nothing to do with their gender identity so you should just say it like it is, hiding it on their birth certificate doesn't actually do anything for them, certainly not immediately.
Meanwhile in America people ****ing die, get beaten up and get bullied by the ****ing president for those "weird looks"

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
As someone who works at a hospital, I can tell you that there is literally no way that you can hide your sex from your doctor. Your body cannot lie to lab analysis and imaging, which is what they will do before any operation. And besides that, it's not information that they will necessarily ever need, unless it is specific to your sex anyway, such as prostate cancer. Men and women are not made of such radically different substance that they ever need differing modes of treatment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Meanwhile in America people ****ing die, get beaten up and get bullied by the ****ing president for those "weird looks"
Im not gonna start an argument but Ill just say there is a difference between the sex you are born with and the gender you assign yourself. What that article was about was the parent not putting the childs sex on the birth certificate nothing about its gender And thats all Ill say before dropping out

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Though I don't really care about them anymore, I decided to catch up on the Death Battles I missed just for the heck of it.

Metal Sonic vs Zero came out today, and...

Zero won. He managed to defy Metal Sonic's Chaos Control and slice it in half while it was in its ultimate form. Yeah, feels like this match was one-sided.

The next Death Battle is confirmed to be Lucario vs Renamon. It's another case where a matchup is first starred in a One-Minute Melee and is then featured as a Death Battle later on.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I enjoy Death Battle. Especially when 10 years old get pissy about them and whine about how Goku should have won

D

Deleted member

If they wouldn't want to reveal their sex if an operation requires it(which are extremely rare) then that means they don't want to and follows the same logical step of someone being allowed to not wanting to do an operation, regardless if their life is at stake or not.

"Weird looks" was a generalisation, hence why I said "or worse". I didn't feel the need to list potential complications but they go from harassment(sexual or otherwise) and violence, potentially leading to death. It's also an extremely uncomfortable situation to be in, as you can never know how the person will react, not having your sex be shown off to a random stranger diminishes the chance of your gender being questioned. So don't give me that anxiety crap when it's perfectly justifiable.

The problem is that current society believes "sex=gender", gender is assigned to you on birth based on your sex so removing the cause allows the individual to come to terms by themselves without external pressure.
Not listing their sex isn't assuming they'll be trans but giving them the opportunity to decide for themselves, it's like saying that giving someone various job options instead of putting them in one and then they having to change it if they don't like it is disrespectful. You'll feel naturally pressured to stay in the one you're in.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went to see Despicable Me 3. It was pretty good. Like the second one better.

One issue I had was that it introduced a rather big number of thing/events, a number of which I saw were solved a little too quickly or even forgotten. Also, the ending was screaming a sequel (sure, it is inevitable, but it felt too impatient).

Plus I was surprised they said "It's on like Donkey Kong" but wasn't listed in the credits (Nintendo has trademarked that phrase).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom