• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, considering how novels and other stories have become Public Domain and now have tons of interpretations by different authors... it'd be really weird to jump 300 years in the future and seeing the same happen to videogames.
I can't wait for Zelda canon to become as confusing as Arthurian lore thanks to all the multiple works.
"This version doesn't even have Zelda!"
"Don't play the 2304 game, it sucks"
"Ugh, I can't believe they made Link a Gerudo!"
"They just put the Zelda names over their OCs"
"Ganon dies in the first 5 minutes and then Demise is the main villain, did they even play the older games?"
"The Master Sword and the Goddes Sword are actually two different swords, guys"
"No, dumbass, they were the same **** back in the older games, Master Sword is powered up Goddess Sword"
"Actually, only the one Master Sword is the Goddess Sword, the Master Sword in Lost Woods is a different one"
"What about the Lokomo Sword?"
"We don't talk about that one"
"I found some older games here that prove Link could always talk"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Just realised my Kagero is -ATK and +RES.

I seem to get a lot of +RES units.
I feel you man, got yet another +HP, -ATK unit... Summer Robin. ;-; At least the banner is up all month and they just added over 70 free orbs in the game, so I can't feel too bad about it.

Tobin being a sword unit and not Bowbin is slightly disappointing but not completely unexpected.

That being said I'm happy I'll finally get Tobin. :D He was one of the two units I wanted to be added to Heroes the most, so to see he's not only being added, but he's being added as a free unit, is pretty great.

Sumia, Gray, and Silque when, IS?
Tobin is such a random choice... the villagers were the least interesting characters to me in SoV, and among them Tobin doesn't stick out any more than Gray or Kliff. And to make him a sword user on top of it all... Ah well, the seals and orbs will still be appreciated. Also his 5* sword could be good for skill inheritance, we shall see.

Speaking of seals, bummed that the one they just released is literally HP +3 with a new name. Yay exactly what I wanted. >-> Tempest Trials better not do this too. Edit: Just saw Moy's datamine post, Phantom Speed sounds interesting. Hmm..

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's a good amount of RPG Maker dlc actually, just not released on the NA server yet for unknown reasons.
In Europe they had all the dlc released near launch, it was all half off for the first 2 weeks, and they had about 4 free dlc packs. It'll probably be the same in NA...whenever NIS gets it up.

A good amount of screens for the dlc can be found over here.
I wish the head shots were a consistent art style.

so what your saying is pumpkaboo should pull on this banner

ALSO

here you go guys another sword user....just ignore the 2 axe users and the tome user gotta complain about dem swords
Well that's one of my 4 waifus in this. Now hopefully they reveal atleast 2 more in the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

ALSO

here you go guys another sword user....just ignore the 2 axe users and the tome user gotta complain about dem swords
HOLY **** WAR CLERIC
People don't automatically "take his word at gospel," or at least not from what I've seen. He's pretty well respected in the community, but not worshipped. He's allowed to have opinions.
"Xander is two characters" should never get any validation

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel you man, got yet another +HP, -ATK unit... Summer Robin. ;-; At least the banner is up all month and they just added over 70 free orbs in the game, so I can't feel too bad about it.

Tobin is such a random choice... the villagers were the least interesting characters to me in SoV, and among them Tobin doesn't stick out any more than Gray or Kliff. And to make him a sword user on top of it all... Ah well, the seals and orbs will still be appreciated. Also his 5* sword could be good for skill inheritance, we shall see.

Speaking of seals, bummed that the one they just released is literally HP +3 with a new name. Yay exactly what I wanted. >-> Tempest Trials better not do this too.
Saber would have made so much more sense.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

ALSO

Just ignore the bazillion of other sword users, the older games getting shafted for the fear of too many sword users, the total lack of other axes and magic, Lissa not even using staves and the amount of characters they revealed already wihout showing anything remotely unique such as Pegasus Riders, Dancers or Thieves gotta be the non-salty high horse here

You know, considering how novels and other stories have become Public Domain and now have tons of interpretations by different authors... it'd be really weird to jump 300 years in the future and seeing the same happen to videogames.
I can't wait for Zelda canon to become as confusing as Arthurian lore thanks to all the multiple works.
"Ganon dies in the first 5 minutes and then Demise is the main villain, did they even play the older games?"
"No, *******, they were the same **** back in the older games, Master Sword is powered up Goddess Sword"
"Actually, only the one Master Sword is the Goddess Sword, the Master Sword in Lost Woods is a different one"

Ugh, I can't believe Steven Moffat the 34th ruined the Zelda show by having some secret sister appear.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"No, *******, they were the same **** back in the older games, Master Sword is powered up Goddess Sword"

Imagine the Mario lore

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
two things one awakening now has the highest character count with 5 reps in warriors and that number will more than likely increase to match with fates which will no doubt have at least 3 more characters (camilla, takumi and azura)

and two yall thinking small time with this imagine the lore hundereds of years from now, Kirbys gonna be ******* NUTS when you consider the lore going on right now

D

Deleted member

ALSO

You talk as if we knew about the two axe users in a game with 12 confirmed characters now.
This game looks so much better than HW though, just hope this means we're done with Awakening for now, at least reveal the SD characters
"Gwen doesn't check her sources 2: electric boogaloo"
Just ignore the bazillion of other sword users, the older games getting shafted for the fear of too many sword users, the total lack of other axes and magic, Lissa not even using staves and the amount of characters they revealed already wihout showing anything remotely unique such as Pegasus Riders, Dancers or Thieves gotta be the non-salty high horse here

Ugh, I can't believe Steven Moffat the 34th ruined the Zelda show by having some secret sister appear.
"Uhm, excuse me, you clearly didn't research **** because Link always had a sister."
"It's a 300 year old game with no re releases how did you expect me to know it, it's not even canon"
Imagine the Mario lore
"Who is Bowser Jr.'s mother again?"
"Apparently there was a video answering it back when the seties had PROPER CANON but it has been deleted since, weird how the wiki mentions nothing of it"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Class Change will likely be limited to promotions
Which would then open up weapon options for characters like Chrom who gains Lances upon promoting.
I don't see them limiting it to promotions when we have plenty of pre-promotes in game already. That and class changing is a big part of Fates and Awakening.

D

Deleted member

Which would then open up weapon options for characters like Chrom who gains Lances upon promoting.
I don't see them limiting it to promotions when we have plenty of pre-promotes in game already. That and class changing is a big part of Fates and Awakening.

Chrom is already seen using a Lance in his base moveset
It doesn't make sense for full on reclassing to exist when all the moveset so far have been shown to be tailor-made to the character using them. Also, stuff like Corrin's Dragonstone moveset would be completely lost if reclassed out of.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
FEW has made me happy we at least got more characters that are diverse, nobody expected Lissa the War Cleric! Though that probably means no Vaike Q.Q Frederick miiiight end up too similar to Xander but he has a lance so probably not
i mean if you call an axe a lance then ya sure thats a lance

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

ALSO

Yes, another four from my prediction list. :D At this point I only expect Tharja (because fanservice) and a villain (either Walhart or Gangrel) from Awakening.

HOLY **** WAR CLERIC

Except it's incredibly obvious he didn't mean that literally. He meant that Story!Xander and Support!Xander act in completely contradictory ways.

FEW has made me happy we at least got more characters that are diverse, nobody expected Lissa the War Cleric! Though that probably means no Vaike Q.Q Frederick miiiight end up too similar to Xander but he has a lance so probably not
I have been preaching the gospel of War Cleric Lissa for at least the last two or so months. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Quick question from something I read. Leaving the sex off of a babys birth citificate, whouldnt that cause a bit of trouble in the kids future? Because I read a story if some person that wants to not put the babies sex on its birth certificate to make a political statement

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Quick question from something I read. Leaving the sex off of a babys birth citificate, whouldnt that cause a bit of trouble in the kids future? Because I read a story if some person that wants to not put the babies sex on its birth certificate to make a political statement
Nah we'll all be liberal scum in twenty years which means your post is just multizillionphobic

I also expected lissa would be a war cleric, byt man does it look weird.

Also Frederick not using a lance annoys me when that is what he used in Awakening.

most of the base roster will be boring to me after this. RIP

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also expected lissa would be a war cleric, byt man does it look weird.

Also Frederick not using a lance annoys me when that is what he used in Awakening.

most of the base roster will be boring to me after this. RIP
I'm actually happy Frederick uses an axe. It makes sense, too, since he's a Great Knight and they can use swords, axes, and lances. Not to mention Chrom's line that Frederick isn't happy "unless he's about to bring down the axe" on someone. It may be metaphorical, but would you risk Freddy being SAD?

Oh and because he used one in Heroes I guess and there aren't any really important axe users in these three games.
That and I'd always give him Vaike's Iron Axe and bench Vaike.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, another four from my prediction list. :D At this point I only expect Tharja (because fanservice) and a villain (either Walhart or Gangrel) from Awakening.

Except it's incredibly obvious he didn't mean that literally. He meant that Story!Xander and Support!Xander act in completely contradictory ways.

I have been preaching the gospel of War Cleric Lissa for at least the last two or so months. :p
IT IS NOT CONTRADICTORY FOR A PERSON TO ACT DIFFERENTLY IN DIFFERENT SCENARIOS

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently PS3 emulation is a thing.

Also holy crap I forgot to include the tweet in my last post, wow.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean Xander isn't really two characters, he's one character written inconsistently between multiple writers.

Get it right people. :V

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Robin, Lucina, Lissa and Frederick are confirmed. Nice to see some non-Sword users and some axe users. Also got to like the reference to Awakening's beginning.

Also, Fate/Grand Order players, Gilgamesh is coming tomorrow. Just remember that he'll be around only for a while and not forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom