• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, **** me, I already some stupid **** to my family. And now, I have said some stupid **** on the internet.

This is really not my day at all...:drsad:

Tough, I should have know that it would have been a bad day judging by this call I got when I was just awaken for exactly like 2 minute in the morning.

And I have no one to blame than myself.

Man, **** this Friday.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've actually heard that Kamala Khan's comics are actually good and not pandering.
Kamala Khan's Ms. Marvel is some of the best **** I've seen. There is a REASON she's the most popular new character in a long time

I don't think that's a sentence I'd ever hear
Look at MVC3. They worked their asses off to convince Marvel to let them use Shuma

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, what's the best SNES emulator again? I have ZSNES on my PC currently.
C'mon, I need to experiene FE5: The bull****tening in person!
For the emulator, I prefer Snes9x, personally. I don't much like ZSNES.

For the patch, you have two choices:
This one translates the dialogue, but the menus are a mess and it throws in dumb stuff like Kempf's infamous "IN AMERICA!" every so often.
This one apparently translates like 90% of the menus (I haven't tried it myself), but leaves the dialogue untouched. If you only care about the menus, go for this one, I guess. I personally liked FE5 in terms of story (Leif is one of the better-written Lords, in my opinion), but it's up to you.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also, what's the best SNES emulator again? I have ZSNES on my PC currently.
C'mon, I need to experiene FE5: The bull****tening in person!
SNES9x is what I use. Works pretty well, plus there's a port for it on pretty much everything under the sun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait with what
I say litteraly the dumbest thing ever.

And now, I feel like no one is going to forget this stupid post that I made because I was tired as hell and I connected two things that have little to no connexion. (Worst, I know better than that. I ****ing swear I normally don't connect two subject matter that have nothing to do with each other)

So really, I am feeling like a big plie of **** right now.

And now, I feel like it's too late to save face. Even if I admit that I tought that this post will be stupid in some way.

So yeah, this day was basically a ****ty day for me. And not just because of that post.

Now, do you have some rope?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention the America Chavez series is the exception, not the rule, when it comes to comic book diversity/progressiveness. It's been universally panned and for good reason, the writing ****ing sucks.

They also tend to ignore that Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel, Sam Wilson Cap, Jane Thor, Amadeus Cho Hulk, and Riri Williams Iron Man have been met mostly positively, minus some issues with Jane Thor which weren't nearly as bad as some people say (i.e., not nearly as bad as the America Chavez series). Kamala and Sam, especially, have been received well.

And yet the GamerGater/Trumpeter rhetoric of "le evil sjw" still rears its head...

D

Deleted member

For the emulator, I prefer Snes9x, personally. I don't much like ZSNES.

For the patch, you have two choices:
This one translates the dialogue, but the menus are a mess and it throws in dumb stuff like Kempf's infamous "IN AMERICA!" every so often.
This one apparently translates like 90% of the menus (I haven't tried it myself), but leaves the dialogue untouched. If you only care about the menus, go for this one, I guess. I personally liked FE5 in terms of story (Leif is one of the better-written Lords, in my opinion), but it's up to you.
Thanks for that, going to change to Snes9X then.

I'm going mostly for the challenge(I mean bull****) and I'd rather umderstand items and skills.

I can't seem to find an unedited ROM of Thracia though, but I guess that's on me due to site rules.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not to mention the America Chavez series is the exception, not the rule, when it comes to comic book diversity/progressiveness. It's been universally panned and for good reason, the writing ****ing sucks.

They also tend to ignore that Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel, Sam Wilson Cap, Jane Thor, Amadeus Cho Hulk, and Riri Williams Iron Man have been met mostly positively, minus some issues with Jane Thor which weren't nearly as bad as some people say (i.e., not nearly as bad as the America Chavez series). Kamala and Sam, especially, have been received well.

And yet the GamerGater/Trumpeter rhetoric of "le evil sjw" still rears its head...
Now that my reputation is dead. Do you think you can help me an idiot like me and tell me the good of Marvel Comic today? An ignorant like me need to know better if I ever want to show my face here. I hear alot of negativity but not enough positif about Marvel comic. So my point of view was really negatif about SJW and Marvel because I only heard bad new about them.

Like I said before, I knew something was wrong in that post I made but I still post it due to being tired and not thinking in my head like "hey you big swiss idiot, if you don't know the matter. DON'T ****ING TALK ABOUT IT".

Trust me, really, I repeat myself I know, but, trust me, I know better than that. And it infuriate me like how some of you are probably are because of this dumb post. Please, help a user who just wanted to say that MvC: Infinite is probably to not be that good because of the ****ty decision on Capcom part, but put Marvel into the mix without good reason. PLEASE, I LITTERALY FEEL SO ASHAME RIGHT NOW OVER THIS.

Sorry for bothering you or exaggerating on some point. But I really feel bad right now...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh boy, BlazingKnight confirmed to not know ****(I know this video is kinda old but I just saw it now)
Like, I get that opinions are a thing but most of his criticisms either come from a lack of understanding the game or outright stupid
>Annoying RNG
90% is 90%, chances are only, that: chances. Gods, I'm getting so tired of hearing complaints about this. No hit is guaranteed, every single one of them is going to be a gamble unless it's actually 100%. I get that it can be annoying to lose an unit because of low rolls but I'm tired of people blaming the game for something that's a basic concept.

>Faye is the worst playable character of the 3DS era
Pickle guy is. I'm sorry but there's no way around this. At least Faye has one good support and is actually a good unit

>Bad map design
I get that this is a common complaint but overall? No. There are some bad maps(that they insist on getting reused for ****'s sake 1-6 was bad from the start) but most are actually pretty good. And a lot of players don't reaise it but Echoes' map design focuses on two things: enemy unit placement and freedom.
The enemy unit placement is done in ways that make you actually care about where you place your own units. Because the focus of Enemy Phase is surviving it, not killing a bunch of stuff by throwing one unit into the enemy lines, since many mechanics and enemy stats favor Player Phase combat.
Then there's the freedom the maps give you, there are various ways to complete the maps in Echoes, alongside the unlimited use of spells like Warp and Rescue which allows for much more movement than normal.
One thing I realised in Conquest is that I always used the same strategy no matter how many times I played it because any other way would be severely punished. In Echoes, you can do about anything and you're not punished for trying different strats, and you can see it since Act 1 with things like 1-5 where you can take the Cavaliers first or the most known example in 1-7 where the whole map is a playground.
It may be just me, but I believe freedom in gameplay should be favored a pretty layout for a map.

And no, Nuibaba's Abode and BOAT maps aren't bad, like, what?
And lol @ Last Bastion complaint. Yeah, because the game gives you two Warp users for nothing. I can understand not having Tatiana's but if you somehow don't have Warp on Silque that's on you.

>Lack of varied victory conditions
Did we forget the fact Gaiden was a NES game? Because I don't think defend or escape chapters could even be implemented at the time. And, you know, Echoes didn't change maps outside of enemy placement in Hard Mode, thankfully(compare Rudolf's Normal and Hard maps and you'll know what I mean).
Besides, it's not like they could put those even if they wanted because of how the world map and battles work.
And then he says Awakening did this better when it has the issue of goddamn too many reinforcements in Rout chapters and actually having the ability to implement varied conditions

>Boring gameplay and lack of replay value
Like, alright, I get it, opinions, but NO, HE PRESENTS THEM AS OBJECTIVE FACTS LIKE THE REST OF THE VIDEO JFC

>Bad story, lack of scope and bad pacing
The first one he focuses entirely on forced moments(which really are only two instances from Celica, duration may vary), ignoring how Echoes breaks with most FE cliches.
The second is outright wrong because YOU'RE FIGHTING A GODDAMN WAR THAT TAKES THE WHOLE CONTINENT AND YOU KILL GOD AT THE END. This is the standard size of scope for FE and it's actually one of the most war-focused.
And the pacing issue he mentions is... non-existant??? Like, someone help me here if there are actual points to this(because he doesn't mention any) but the pacing is done really well and gives each arc enough time.

>Bad support convos
Yes, they are simple but they are in no way bad. I have some issues with how some characters were handled(such as Saber and Genny having the worst possible support options, like, yeah, let's give them only one support with characters that shouldn't be near them or have a 50/50 chance of not being recruited)
But, like, "small talk" and "pointless"? And he uses Tobin and Kliff' supports as an example despite it actually developing both of them. There are some that are bad tbh but most really serve to develop the characters and there's not a single one that's just used for comedic effect. And what's the problem with base convos being used for development? This actually puzzles me.
And the counter argument to "there are less supports because of voice acting" is simply dumb: it's not because ot'll overwork the VAs, it's because Is can't pay them. This is the first fully voice acted FE game, IS is making a pretty big jump here when they used set reaction lines in the last two games plus some cutscene voice acting.

>"These character's backstories and personalities have already been estabilished"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is just proof he didn't do any research on Gaiden

I've been suggested this video a few times but haven't gotten around to it yet. Might watch it now though.

In regards to what you brought up though:

-I'm slightly critical of the map design too, but I wouldn't call it bad by any means. I just don't think there were a lot of particularly memorable or interesting maps from a gameplay standpoint. Essentially, the map design is just good...not particularly standout, but they do their job. I will give the developers credit though, as the map design makes a lot of sense in the context of the game's story. Alm's maps are mostly lush open fields because he is near Zofia Castle and the more populated half of Zofia, where having lush open fields makes sense because they would be needed for crops or potential building work, and it makes sense that this is the part of Zofia the Rigelians would focus on capturing, so that's also why Alm deals with mostly physical-enemies from the Rigelian army. Celica has to deal with deserts and swamps as she travels along the part of Valentia that's furthest from both Zofia and Rigel's castles, so there's less population. The Rigelian army doesn't really pass through here either, so Celica deals with Terrors most of the time since the Zofian army doesn't occupy this part of the country as much to clean them up. And of course she deals with the magic-based Duma Faithful because they are pursuing her. So while the map design is a bit repetitive from a game play standpoint, it at least has a good justification for it in the context of the story.

-As for the story...again I wouldn't call it bad, but it's definitely flawed. I think people are over-rating it a bit because it's better than Fates, and they act like it's the best thing since sliced bread because of it. The characterisation and writing for the dialogue of the characters is top tier (with a few exceptions) as is the voice acting, but people should remember that story =/= characterisation. One can be flawed and the other perfect. I won't go deep into the flaws with Echoes' story, mostly because it's been done to death, but it's definitely not amazing, and that's partly because they were using the story of a 20 year old game as a base. It's not bad though, but I think people overrate it.

-As for pacing, it definitely does have issues there. Mainly Act 2 and Celica's Act 3. I'm sorry, but barely anything of significance happens there, especially in comparison to Alm's equivalent. Celica's route up until Act 4 is where most of the "filler content" of the game went, and it felt less like I was progressing through a singular narrative, and more like I was playing through the most basic episodes of a Saturday morning cartoon. I wouldn't mind this if she actually got to engage in some interesting stories that did great things for her character development, but it was essentially just her facing off with cartoon villains like pirates and thieves. A shame too, because Grieth in particular had potential to be something greater. And then there's the fact that "Celica" and "character development" are like two alien concepts to each other but I won't go down that rabbit hole.

-I didn't have much issue with the supports we got, more the ones we didn't get. While the DLC filled this out a bit, it was still a bit lacking with some painfully obvious omissions. I also would have liked some cross-army supports for the post-game. While I understand people are antsy about Fates having "PUT EVERYONE WITH EVERYONE ELSE", there are a few cross-army supports I would have liked, such as Celica and Mycen, Jesse and Silque, as well as giving Faye and Kliff supports with one or two characters within Celica's army since Celica can recruit them (hell, Faye and Celica would have been a good one).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh dont worry about it, my dude
...You think it's not dead?

If yes...then you are the first person to make me feel a little bit better right now.

Thank you alot, trust me, thank you alot.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If your reputation is dead for saying one thing that says more about others than yourself.

You're okay Hunter.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I say litteraly the dumbest thing ever.

And now, I feel like no one is going to forget this stupid post that I made because I was tired as hell and I connected two things that have little to no connexion. (Worst, I know better than that. I ****ing swear I normally don't connect two subject matter that have nothing to do with each other)

So really, I am feeling like a big plie of **** right now.

And now, I feel like it's too late to save face. Even if I admit that I tought that this post will be stupid in some way.

So yeah, this day was basically a ****ty day for me. And not just because of that post.

Now, do you have some rope?
Wait, wait wait wait. Slow down. We all say stupid things (Lord knows I've said my fair share of stupid ****). But the thing is, what you take away from it. You make a mistake, you learn from it, life goes on, but you're smarter now that you've learned from the mistake. I personally forgive you, though.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Now that my reputation is dead. Do you think you can help me an idiot like me and tell me the good of Marvel Comic today? An ignorant like me need to know better if I ever want to show my face here. I hear alot of negativity but not enough positif about Marvel comic. So my point of view was really negatif about SJW and Marvel because I only heard bad new about them.

Like I said before, I knew something was wrong in that post I made but I still post it due to being tired and not thinking in my head like "hey you big swiss idiot, if you don't know the matter. DON'T ****ING TALK ABOUT IT".

Trust me, really, I repeat myself I know, but, trust me, I know better than that. And it infuriate me like how some of you are probably are because of this dumb post. Please, help a user who just wanted to say that MvC: Infinite is probably to not be that good because of the ****ty decision on Capcom part, but put Marvel into the mix without good reason. PLEASE, I LITTERALY FEEL SO ASHAME RIGHT NOW OVER THIS.

Sorry for bothering you or exaggerating on some point. But I really feel bad right now...
Chill, man.

It was a ****up, it happens. We got you.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Now that my reputation is dead.
Dude, your reputation isn't dead. Just like, maybe try to find outlets that don't unironically use the term "SJW."

There are issues, but a lot of times these "anti-SJW" outlets just misinterpret and misconstrue the truth to fit their narrative. They don't care whether or not it's actually true, they just want more fuel for whatever fire they're burning.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wasn't even that bad of a **** up honestly.

I remember when I accidentally called Chrono a liar.

Remember that Opossum Opossum ? XD

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
...You think it's not dead?

If yes...then you are the first person to make me feel a little bit better right now.

Thank you alot, trust me, thank you alot.
Why would it be dead? Because of one video pff or something else? Its no problem, you are good, sweetie

really it isnt even that bad, people just need to learn to stop overrecating to things they dont like

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

C'mon Hunter, your reputation is only as dead as my sex life

Also, the Thracia patch isn't compatible with any of the ROMs I found. I see this won't be easy...

How could this face lie, you monster?

But really, could've been worse.

There could've been numbers.
I mean, he can't even talk, how could he be a liar?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
http://shoryuken.com/2017/06/23/mar...ow-to-fix-chun-lis-face-for-the-full-release/

MvCI devs vow to fix Chun Li's face before the release date.

What about the rest of the game tho
Chun Li's face being the way it is in the first place is not exactly an encouraging indication of how much passion Capcom seems to have for this game.

Also, that terrible damage control concerning the lack of X-Men.

I've been telling people not to expect X-Men/FF characters in MvCI since long before we knew it existed. #trendsetter
I figured X-Men and Fantastic Four characters weren't likely going to be in the base roster.

Nevermind that Jean Grey, Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Psylocke, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Apocalypse, X-23, Deadpool, Colossus and Beast among others have been in films over the past year with Sentinel being in one of the better X-Men films which so happened to release 3 years ago.
Deadpool did around $700 million and Logan did around $600 million. I think it's safe to say that people still know who Wolverine and Deadpool

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, wait wait wait. Slow down. We all say stupid things (Lord knows I've said my fair share of stupid ****). But the thing is, what you take away from it. You make a mistake, you learn from it, life goes on. I personally forgive you, though.
Chill, man.

It was a ****up, it happens. We got you.
Dude, your reputation isn't dead. Just like, maybe try to find outlets that don't unironically use the term "SJW."

There are issues, but a lot of times these "anti-SJW" outlets just misinterpret and misconstrue the truth to fit their narrative. They don't care whether or not it's actually true, they just want more fuel for whatever fire they're burning.
Why would it be dead? Because of one video pff or something else? Its no problem, you are good, sweetie

really it isnt even that bad, people just need to learn to stop overrecating to things they dont like
C'mon Hunter, your reputation is only as dead as my sex life

Also, the Thracia patch isn't compatible with any of the ROMs I found. I see this won't be easy...

I mean, he can't even talk, how could he be a liar?

I know, but mistake like that are just unforgivable to me. It go against who I am, so I take it very seriously. Even more when I am tired and ****ing hot as hell. Really, I should have make that post better by my standard. (And learn to stop posting whne it's like time to go to bed)

Sorry, I am exaggerating too much probably, it's just one post. It's not the end of the world, but the thing is, one day, when I will make the same mistake over something that is actually very serious and hard to talk to. I will really regret it, and to make sure that it doesn't happen again, I have to make my brain understand it until it know.

Because I can tell you something about me, my life before was sometime hell because of how stupid I was and I didn't know better. I lost friend, create enemy and the worst is that it wasn't enterily my fault. The first two year of my life, I wasn't able to hear very well. So my parent always asked why I didn't go to other children. Then, years later, I learned that I suffered from dyspraxie. A disease from birth that cause everything to be much harder to do for someone who as it like me. And when I was young, I was weird, very few children wanted to talk to me due to how strange I was. Some even bullied me, I sometime cry when I was at home because I didn't understand what was wrong with me. Even my parent didn't understand why I was so strange and not with other kid. Then, I and my parents learned that I had dyspraxie, and even with that. I had to pass several year of talking with adult to resolve all the year I lost because of this ****ing disease. It wasn't until I was like 16 that I was finally able to think of myself as someone normal who could talk with people and not being socially awkward. Even if I didn't like to talk to people I didn't know very much, when I was finally able to make friend. Contrary to before, I was finally able to talk about serious and fun subject and feeling like an actual human and even forget my problem.

So, sorry first for ranting my life and all that. But in the end, I just want to say that, thank you, thank you all for understanding someone who had to take back 16 years of his life back before becoming a decent person. Thank you for allowing me to learn from my mistake and become a better person. And most important of all, thank you for being just great people in general.

Really, thank you all...

..And I can't believe I just made a post that long at like 00:05 in the morning.
C94O06jXkAAVNNQ.jpg

Maybe I really take everything too seriously. But hey, I prefer taking this seriously and saying what I truly feel and then sleep well rather than the opposite.

In other word, how are you still reading this?:4olimar:

Chrono.

Chun Li's face being the way it is in the first place is not exactly an encouraging indication of how much passion Capcom seems to have for this game.

Also, that terrible damage control concerning the lack of X-Men.

I figured X-Men and Fantastic Four characters weren't likely going to be in the base roster.

Deadpool did around $700 million and Logan did around $600 million. I think it's safe to say that people still know who Wolverine and Deadpool
The e-sports centric thinking of Capcom lately and the super corporate thinking Marvel (or Disney) was a pretty bad combination.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
, but mistake like that are just unforgivable to me. It go against who I am, so I take it very seriousl
Yo, you dont know how much dumb **** I say here that gets many reactions. Its fine, just dont worry your head about it, ok? Whats done is done. dont worry about how other people react to you. like I Said others just need to learn to not overreact

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The e-sports centric thinking of Capcom lately and the super corporate thinking Marvel (or Disney) was a pretty bad combination
The thing about Capcom with the case of SF5 is their sales expectation was just plain unrealistic given nothing justified the idea that a barebones game with little to offer a casual audience over SF4 was going to sell 2 million copies in less than 2 months just because of the brand name, especially when it didn't have the advantage of good word-of-mouth. SF4 sold well, but that was an game coming over a decade after the last decently-selling game in the franchise and even longer after the biggest game in the franchise, so it had the great advantage of nostalgia and the big jump from 2D to 3D graphics. SF4 is still fresh in many people's minds so SF5 needed to sell based on a new major selling point.

Frankly, if it weren't for the success of the MCU, I'd personally think there was no way in which MvCI could possible sell 2 million copies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X It's all good, mang. Nobody's perfect, after all. We all make errors. Just learn from your mistakes and move on. :)
Yo, you dont know how much dumb **** I say here that gets many reactions. Its fine, just dont worry your head about it, ok? Whats done is done. dont worry about how other people react to you
*snif*
..Can...can I hug before I go, please? You wonderful people? ;_;
And one last thing to mention too, I am really bad when it come judging my own work. That it come to story, drawning, or as you just saw, posting. It's always a battle in my head to see if it's good or not and if I should allow myself to make some mistake and continue on or go home and be a family man.
Really, if I was the star of Inside Out. The emotion in my head would be more like a political assemble to see who is right and who is wrong. Or something like that. (Why the **** I am still writting at this hour?! I hate myself sometime alot I swear)

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So RPG Maker FES Player is out, and so far there's a few games made by reviewers. The game made by the Michibaku reviewer was pretty good, but it kind of gave me one fear about the fes engine: I noticed the two games I had played didn't have any menu that stated the main quest or side quest...something i'm kind of afraid of, since its easy to get lost without a reminder of your goals (or at least, modern games have spoiled me so much it became hard). I already have a lengthy game planned out, so I might end up throwing a bunch of hint signs in the game as a workaround.

Also I just realized the game is supposed to get dlc based off Disgaea and other NIS published series. Hype. especially if Girl Laharl is a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom