• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll be backing Elise myself, I really liked her role in Birthright, plus she's been a decent healer in Heroes for me.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I thought the avi change was because you got your first W in the Hunger Games :smirk:
That too as well, but it's mostly from finishing Re:Zero and becoming a member of the #Remisbestgirl squad.

Oh, and remember the blank letter Subaru sent to Ram? Well, spoilers ahead but Subaru isn't an idiot
At the end of arc 3, Subaru mentions Rem to Emilia, in which we get a repeat of our favorite-not-favorite auote: "Who is Rem?"
That's why the letter was blank, because Rem was erased by the mist A SECOND TIME.
This is what would kickstart Arc 4 with two new of the Witch Cult members but I haven't read anything past them attacking the whole group that Rem and Crusch were with

I remembered the blank letter and wondered what it was then looked up what it was connected with, thus...
I spoiled myself about Rem's name and memories getting erased as a result, though it's because of that I'm glad I'm prepared for what's coming. It will be painful not seeing Rem for a while, but it seems the writer is doing this to give the other characters more screen time and development.

It also turns out it wasn't a mist that erased Rem...

Apparently, the Witch Cult member that represents gluttony was responsible. He has the ability to erase one's name and memories and use them as his own, and when someone loses both their name and memories, he/she is put into a coma where they can't eat, excrete, or age. They are basically frozen in time (in addition to everyone forgetting the person exists).

Meanwhile, Crusch only had her name erased by another Witch Cult member; thus, she has amnesia regarding her name.

That's all I know in terms of the major plot details from Act 4.

Did we watch the same thing or is my memory all kinds of foggy?

Seems like your memory is foggy. I definitely remember Rem hugging and kissing Subaru, but the kiss was on the forehead rather than the lips. The kiss happened after the "I love Emilia" moment.

So the healer gauntlet is actually a sister gauntlet, huh. Explains why people like Serra didn't get in, since she's an only child, while everyone here is a sister of another character. I figure it's meant as a pun on the Cleric class' Japanese name (Sister), which got lost in translation.

So the match-ups are:
Sakura vs. Elise
Maria vs. Lachesis
----
Lissa vs. Mist
Clarine vs. Priscilla

Which I guess means I have to go for Sakura right from the start. Was hoping I'd be able to go for someone else in the first round for easy feathers, but this will be the only chance to get rid of Elise before she stomps on everyone else. If Sakura loses, I have no idea who I'd go for after that; Mist would be my next pick, but she'll probably lose to Lissa, while Lachesis might have a chance against Maria. After those, I'm mostly indifferent towards all the others.
Sakura and Elise are against each other on the first round? Oh boy, this might just be Chrom vs Ephraim all over again, though I think Elise has the advantage since she generally does better than her Hoshidan counterpart in popularity polls.

I'm still going for Team Sakura at the start as well, but if Sakura loses, I guess I'll just switch over to Team Lissa.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I keep having dreams and my friend that died is always in them.. Face and voice and all. Everything is exactly how he was when he was alive

Im literally seeing dead people. Every night in my dreams
:urg:

You. . .you need a hug?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*hugs* Sorry to hear about that, friend. It sounds terrible.
he died a few years ago but for some reason, I see him in most if my dreams. His looks are to a t, his voice is exactly how I remeber it. He is either a person walking around or a close friend in all my dreams. Idk why hes in my dreams so much
:urg:

You. . .you need a hug?
I think I do. I've been having dreans like this ever since he died

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That too as well, but it's mostly from finishing Re:Zero and becoming a member of the #Remisbestgirl squad.

I remembered the blank letter and wondered what it was then looked up what it was connected with, thus...
I spoiled myself about Rem's name and memories getting erased as a result, though it's because of that I'm glad I'm prepared for what's coming. It will be painful not seeing Rem for a while, but it seems the writer is doing this to give the other characters more screen time and development.

It also turns out it wasn't a mist that erased Rem...

Apparently, the Witch Cult member that represents gluttony was responsible. He has the ability to erase one's name and memories and use them as his own, and when someone loses both their name and memories, he/she is put into a coma where they can't eat, excrete, or age. They are basically frozen in time (in addition to everyone forgetting the person exists).

Meanwhile, Crusch only had her name erased by another Witch Cult member; thus, she has amnesia regarding her name.

That's all I know in terms of the major plot details from Act 4.

Seems like your memory is foggy. I definitely remember Rem hugging and kissing Subaru, but the kiss was on the forehead rather than the lips. The kiss happened after the "I love Emilia" moment.

Sakura and Elise are against each other on the first round? Oh boy, this might just be Chrom vs Ephraim all over again, though I think Elise has the advantage since she generally does better than her Hoshidan counterpart in popularity polls.

I'm still going for Team Sakura at the start as well, but if Sakura loses, I guess I'll just switch over to Team Lissa.
Oh, so the mist doesn't kill them outright, so the whale just had a stronger version or ate the victims afterwards.
It also means the solution is just to kill the guy(hopefully)

Still, Gluttony stating he'll just make another whale is linda scary, the fact that the Witch Cult can just straight up create more of the thing that took the combined effort of two mercenary armies, an overpowered old swordsman, a demon and time-travelling shenanigans to take down.

I wonder how the novel has progressed because last year when it ended, Arc 4 was still ongoing iirc

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Christ. the Resi film The Final Chapter had 2 major accidents. Someone got crushed to death by a prop and a stunt double got into an accident which not only put her in a coma for 2 months, but also forced her to amputate her arm
That's not even acknowledging the worst accident of all

The movie itself.

D

Deleted member

Christ. the Resi film The Final Chapter had 2 major accidents. Someone got crushed to death by a prop and a stunt double got into an accident which not only put her in a coma for 2 months, but also forced her to amputate her arm
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Crew-Member-Dies-Set-Resident-Evil-Final-Chapter-102307.html
Jfc this is ****ed up.
If it was just one of them, it would just be a tragic accident but the fact it happened after the acvident with the stunt shows that they did nothing to increase the crew's safety.
Then there's the fact it was kept under the rug for a month and that they didn't even bother to comment on it. Like, what the hell!?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So Smashboards apparently just awarded me with the "Tempus Fugit" award, not sure what that is but I've apparently been a member here for five years now. Didn't think I'd be here for that long, time sure flies....

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So Smashboards apparently just awarded me with the "Tempus Fugit" award, not sure what that is but I've apparently been a member here for five years now. Didn't think I'd be here for that long, time sure flies....
Tempus Fugit is Latin; it roughly translates into "time flies".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The weather service put a extreme heat alert on my state. They expect temps up to 52ºC/124ºF in some areas.
Im sure they're exaggerating, but dang.

I need a heat expert; FalKoopa FalKoopa what is the biggest temperarure you ever experimented in India?
I've endured up to 47°C/117°F at the town where my college is located.

Jesus, I can't even imagine 50°C+ temperatures.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the Healer Gauntlet, I'll probably be backing Elise. I hope I can summon her as I could really user her as a healer. Going to start saving orbs in hopes of getting her as it's a 1 in four chance from colorless orbs technically now.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Isn't the keychain supposed to come with the game or does the retailer provide it? If Nicalis is supposed to provide it then you're **** out of luck I'm afraid, those baboons aren't good with delivering on promises
Chill bro, didn't you know the key chains are Gamestop exclusive? At least that's what I saw when watching Spawnwave and SwitchForce's video. I did ask the seller if it's from Gamestop, I already know it isn't.

I would also like to point out something a bit odd about my Switch's Joy Con.
When I try the "Find controllers" option, I notice my Left Joy Con rumbles so aggressive that it made a buzz noise, which it's obviously normal. However my Right Joy Con has a decent rumble but only made a small buzz that is nearly impossible to hear if it got lost. This probably means that my right Joy Con's rumble motor is weaker...or you can probably say...a defect...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For this Steam sale I bought all the Shantae games on Steam.

Time to dive in~
If you're going emulate the first Shantae for Game Boy Color, Visual Boy Advance has issues running that game (unless they've fixed it in a newer version that I'm not aware of). The bgb emulator runs it with no problems.

Either that or get it on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So the healer gauntlet is actually a sister gauntlet, huh. Explains why people like Serra didn't get in, since she's an only child, while everyone here is a sister of another character. I figure it's meant as a pun on the Cleric class' Japanese name (Sister), which got lost in translation.

So the match-ups are:
Sakura vs. Elise
Maria vs. Lachesis
----
Lissa vs. Mist
Clarine vs. Priscilla

Which I guess means I have to go for Sakura right from the start. Was hoping I'd be able to go for someone else in the first round for easy feathers, but this will be the only chance to get rid of Elise before she stomps on everyone else. If Sakura loses, I have no idea who I'd go for after that; Mist would be my next pick, but she'll probably lose to Lissa, while Lachesis might have a chance against Maria. After those, I'm mostly indifferent towards all the others.
My fears came true... No Wrys for the glorious memes and no atheist priest to make me care. Hope everyone has fun with their "little sisters". >__> Think I may just skip out on this one even though I have a 5* Priscilla (whose artwork is nice I must admit).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Looking into it, it isn't just a Cleric Gauntlet, but a "Little Sister" Cleric Gauntlet, due to the Cleric class's name origins in Japan.

So because Genny's also an only child, I'm without my sheep friend I'll never end up pulling. Gotta go with Team Lissa by default though because Chrom.
Well if you chose that way then I guess my choice should be obvious.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
he died a few years ago but for some reason, I see him in most if my dreams. His looks are to a t, his voice is exactly how I remeber it. He is either a person walking around or a close friend in all my dreams. Idk why hes in my dreams so much

I think I do. I've been having dreans like this ever since he died
*hugs*

Sorry this was so late, I had to go do something right after I posted.

I feel like a little extra comfort is a good idea, so I did a little image search and found this as well. Hopefully it helps somehow.

Hang in there, OK?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to reread the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga manual for the remake. In the "Cast of Characters" section, Cackletta includes a part saying "Why is she so evil... ?"

The only problem with that is that was never answered in or out of the game. Doubt it but maybe Bowser's Minions might reveal it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I knew the Arby's Twitter people were nerds but this is some obscure memeing right here.
This isn't memeing...this is...advanced memeing.

----------

Gravity Rush 2 has an insane amount of detail. There's these monitors with tons of animated ads on them. Some are 3D animation, some are 2D. All for a background detail that most won't stop to notice.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
*hugs*

I feel like a little extra comfort is a good idea, so I did a little image search and found this as well. Hopefully it helps somehow.

Hang in there, OK?

Hey, that reminds me of a thing:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Today's Sonic's 26th Anniversary. So here's a piece of art I did to celebrate it.
Sonic 26th Anniversary.png

The series continues to be a huge inspiration to me. Sonic himself is my all-time favorite fictional character. He may not be perfect, but I love him all the same.

Happy Birthday, Sonic.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*hugs*

Hang in there, OK?

Thanks. also, Ive been thinking about getting those Alpaca toys. i really really really need those Alpacas

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, BlazingKnight confirmed to not know ****(I know this video is kinda old but I just saw it now)
Like, I get that opinions are a thing but most of his criticisms either come from a lack of understanding the game or outright stupid
>Annoying RNG
90% is 90%, chances are only, that: chances. Gods, I'm getting so tired of hearing complaints about this. No hit is guaranteed, every single one of them is going to be a gamble unless it's actually 100%. I get that it can be annoying to lose an unit because of low rolls but I'm tired of people blaming the game for something that's a basic concept.

>Faye is the worst playable character of the 3DS era
Pickle guy is. I'm sorry but there's no way around this. At least Faye has one good support and is actually a good unit

>Bad map design
I get that this is a common complaint but overall? No. There are some bad maps(that they insist on getting reused for ****'s sake 1-6 was bad from the start) but most are actually pretty good. And a lot of players don't reaise it but Echoes' map design focuses on two things: enemy unit placement and freedom.
The enemy unit placement is done in ways that make you actually care about where you place your own units. Because the focus of Enemy Phase is surviving it, not killing a bunch of stuff by throwing one unit into the enemy lines, since many mechanics and enemy stats favor Player Phase combat.
Then there's the freedom the maps give you, there are various ways to complete the maps in Echoes, alongside the unlimited use of spells like Warp and Rescue which allows for much more movement than normal.
One thing I realised in Conquest is that I always used the same strategy no matter how many times I played it because any other way would be severely punished. In Echoes, you can do about anything and you're not punished for trying different strats, and you can see it since Act 1 with things like 1-5 where you can take the Cavaliers first or the most known example in 1-7 where the whole map is a playground.
It may be just me, but I believe freedom in gameplay should be favored a pretty layout for a map.

And no, Nuibaba's Abode and BOAT maps aren't bad, like, what?
And lol @ Last Bastion complaint. Yeah, because the game gives you two Warp users for nothing. I can understand not having Tatiana's but if you somehow don't have Warp on Silque that's on you.

>Lack of varied victory conditions
Did we forget the fact Gaiden was a NES game? Because I don't think defend or escape chapters could even be implemented at the time. And, you know, Echoes didn't change maps outside of enemy placement in Hard Mode, thankfully(compare Rudolf's Normal and Hard maps and you'll know what I mean).
Besides, it's not like they could put those even if they wanted because of how the world map and battles work.
And then he says Awakening did this better when it has the issue of goddamn too many reinforcements in Rout chapters and actually having the ability to implement varied conditions

>Boring gameplay and lack of replay value
Like, alright, I get it, opinions, but NO, HE PRESENTS THEM AS OBJECTIVE FACTS LIKE THE REST OF THE VIDEO JFC

>Bad story, lack of scope and bad pacing
The first one he focuses entirely on forced moments(which really are only two instances from Celica, duration may vary), ignoring how Echoes breaks with most FE cliches.
The second is outright wrong because YOU'RE FIGHTING A GODDAMN WAR THAT TAKES THE WHOLE CONTINENT AND YOU KILL GOD AT THE END. This is the standard size of scope for FE and it's actually one of the most war-focused.
And the pacing issue he mentions is... non-existant??? Like, someone help me here if there are actual points to this(because he doesn't mention any) but the pacing is done really well and gives each arc enough time.

>Bad support convos
Yes, they are simple but they are in no way bad. I have some issues with how some characters were handled(such as Saber and Genny having the worst possible support options, like, yeah, let's give them only one support with characters that shouldn't be near them or have a 50/50 chance of not being recruited)
But, like, "small talk" and "pointless"? And he uses Tobin and Kliff' supports as an example despite it actually developing both of them. There are some that are bad tbh but most really serve to develop the characters and there's not a single one that's just used for comedic effect. And what's the problem with base convos being used for development? This actually puzzles me.
And the counter argument to "there are less supports because of voice acting" is simply dumb: it's not because ot'll overwork the VAs, it's because Is can't pay them. This is the first fully voice acted FE game, IS is making a pretty big jump here when they used set reaction lines in the last two games plus some cutscene voice acting.

>"These character's backstories and personalities have already been estabilished"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is just proof he didn't do any research on Gaiden

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom