• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
http://shoryuken.com/2017/06/23/mar...ow-to-fix-chun-lis-face-for-the-full-release/

MvCI devs vow to fix Chun Li's face before the release date.

What about the rest of the game tho
The stuff about the X-Men is humorous.

''Yes, we know you like to play your favorite characters in a game such as this, but listen, the X-Men are Fox and Fox is a big old poopyhead, because Disney told us so, so you know legacy, they're legacy characters and not showing up, but here play this character Disney owns that's similar, but not even that similar....Yeah, Magneto and Ultron are totally similar."

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
The Venom movie will have Carnage as a villain in a sequel and a Mysterio spinoff
I...
I need to lie down
What else do you expect from the stupid ************ who thought it was a good idea to sew Deadpool's mouth shut, good decisions? Nah.

I really don't understand how he's still working.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
What else do you expect from the stupid ************ who thought it was a good idea to sew Deadpool's mouth shut, good decisions? Nah.

I really don't understand how he's still working.
Because stuff like Avatar, aka the movie that made over 2.5 billion WW was made under his time at Fox

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh boy, BlazingKnight confirmed to not know ****(I know this video is kinda old but I just saw it now)
Like, I get that opinions are a thing but most of his criticisms either come from a lack of understanding the game or outright stupid
>Annoying RNG
90% is 90%, chances are only, that: chances. Gods, I'm getting so tired of hearing complaints about this. No hit is guaranteed, every single one of them is going to be a gamble unless it's actually 100%. I get that it can be annoying to lose an unit because of low rolls but I'm tired of people blaming the game for something that's a basic concept.

>Faye is the worst playable character of the 3DS era
Pickle guy is. I'm sorry but there's no way around this. At least Faye has one good support and is actually a good unit

>Bad map design
I get that this is a common complaint but overall? No. There are some bad maps(that they insist on getting reused for ****'s sake 1-6 was bad from the start) but most are actually pretty good. And a lot of players don't reaise it but Echoes' map design focuses on two things: enemy unit placement and freedom.
The enemy unit placement is done in ways that make you actually care about where you place your own units. Because the focus of Enemy Phase is surviving it, not killing a bunch of stuff by throwing one unit into the enemy lines, since many mechanics and enemy stats favor Player Phase combat.
Then there's the freedom the maps give you, there are various ways to complete the maps in Echoes, alongside the unlimited use of spells like Warp and Rescue which allows for much more movement than normal.
One thing I realised in Conquest is that I always used the same strategy no matter how many times I played it because any other way would be severely punished. In Echoes, you can do about anything and you're not punished for trying different strats, and you can see it since Act 1 with things like 1-5 where you can take the Cavaliers first or the most known example in 1-7 where the whole map is a playground.
It may be just me, but I believe freedom in gameplay should be favored a pretty layout for a map.

And no, Nuibaba's Abode and BOAT maps aren't bad, like, what?
And lol @ Last Bastion complaint. Yeah, because the game gives you two Warp users for nothing. I can understand not having Tatiana's but if you somehow don't have Warp on Silque that's on you.

>Lack of varied victory conditions
Did we forget the fact Gaiden was a NES game? Because I don't think defend or escape chapters could even be implemented at the time. And, you know, Echoes didn't change maps outside of enemy placement in Hard Mode, thankfully(compare Rudolf's Normal and Hard maps and you'll know what I mean).
Besides, it's not like they could put those even if they wanted because of how the world map and battles work.
And then he says Awakening did this better when it has the issue of goddamn too many reinforcements in Rout chapters and actually having the ability to implement varied conditions

>Boring gameplay and lack of replay value
Like, alright, I get it, opinions, but NO, HE PRESENTS THEM AS OBJECTIVE FACTS LIKE THE REST OF THE VIDEO JFC

>Bad story, lack of scope and bad pacing
The first one he focuses entirely on forced moments(which really are only two instances from Celica, duration may vary), ignoring how Echoes breaks with most FE cliches.
The second is outright wrong because YOU'RE FIGHTING A GODDAMN WAR THAT TAKES THE WHOLE CONTINENT AND YOU KILL GOD AT THE END. This is the standard size of scope for FE and it's actually one of the most war-focused.
And the pacing issue he mentions is... non-existant??? Like, someone help me here if there are actual points to this(because he doesn't mention any) but the pacing is done really well and gives each arc enough time.

>Bad support convos
Yes, they are simple but they are in no way bad. I have some issues with how some characters were handled(such as Saber and Genny having the worst possible support options, like, yeah, let's give them only one support with characters that shouldn't be near them or have a 50/50 chance of not being recruited)
But, like, "small talk" and "pointless"? And he uses Tobin and Kliff' supports as an example despite it actually developing both of them. There are some that are bad tbh but most really serve to develop the characters and there's not a single one that's just used for comedic effect. And what's the problem with base convos being used for development? This actually puzzles me.
And the counter argument to "there are less supports because of voice acting" is simply dumb: it's not because ot'll overwork the VAs, it's because Is can't pay them. This is the first fully voice acted FE game, IS is making a pretty big jump here when they used set reaction lines in the last two games plus some cutscene voice acting.

>"These character's backstories and personalities have already been estabilished"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is just proof he didn't do any research on Gaiden

I watched that video about a week and a half ago. Yeah, a lot of the points he raised were odd. I was surprised that he considered Awakening to be a better game compared to Echoes. Like, it makes me wonder what he sees in Awakening that Echoes doesn't have. I think map design in Awakening was definitely to Echoes considering with Echoes' maps, while they continue the "flat, open fields" trend that is generally looked down upon by fans, the game at least requires you to use the terrain to your advantage. The story? Yeah, Echoes has issues with its plot, but it doesn't have as many flaws as Awakening's did.

I've noticed he does have some unique opinions.This is the same guy that thinks Fates had a better story than Awakening solely because he thought Conquest had the best story compared to the three games, as well as liking Peri and thinking she is a well-written character. I mean, I would strongly disagree on the Peri thing and argue she is the worst 3DS character and not Faye (yeah, as much as I don't like Faye, I too wouldn't call her the worst 3DS character out there), but ah well, it's his opinion, and he's not the only I've seen to make that claim. If that's what he thinks, so be it.

I'm interested in seeing what his top 10 favorite Echoes characters will be.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters
Nevermind that Jean Grey, Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Psylocke, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Apocalypse, X-23, Deadpool, Colossus and Beast among others have been in films over the past year with Sentinel being in one of the better X-Men films which so happened to release 3 years ago.

But sure, Modern Marvel fans don't remember some of the X-Men characters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm probably not picking anything up in the Steam Summer this time around.

As for Marvel, they're clearly not thinking about the fans at all.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
New Documentary series on the fall and rise of Final Fantasy XIV. Haven't finished it, but I'm liking it so far

D

Deleted member

Conquest had the best story
Alright, I'm convinced he's full on high when he writes these videos.
I don't think anyone can defend Conquest's story, like, I'd say it's about in the same level as SAO(though for different reasons)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is complete trash now.

Way to spit in fans faces because you can't try hard enough get the characters people want.

Hope this game bombs

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Alright, I'm convinced he's full on high when he writes these videos.
I don't think anyone can defend Conquest's story, like, I'd say it's about in the same level as SAO(though for different reasons)

If you want to watch what he thought of Conquest's story, it's in his video where he collaborated with another Youtuber as they compared Awakening and Fates to see which was the better game.

I remember one of the main reasons why he considered Conquest having the best story compared to Awakening, Birthright, and Revelation came down to "Conquest's story was much different from past FE games, whereas the other three games' plots are nothing new."

To me, that one raised an eye-brow, because I would argue that just because a game having a "different" story does not* automatically make it better than the same old story, especially when Conquest's plot really falls flat on its face more often than Birthright did and Awakening.

*Yeah, I can't believe I made a major typo and didn't notice it prior.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wish Disney would get rid of Ike Perlmutter from Marvel and put Feige in charge of all of it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It just occured to me that Arms is the first fighting game where a female character is my dedicated main...
Then again I haven't played a substantial amount of fighting games outside of Smash to begin with...

Not that its THAT big of a deal but just something I've noticed...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been telling people not to expect X-Men/FF characters in MvCI since long before we knew it existed. #trendsetter

In all seriousness, if the deal between Fox and Disney prevented them from putting Scarlet Witch in Disney Infinity despite her massive number of fan requests and attempts at gaining approval from Avalanche, there was no way this would slide.

Especially since them loosening up for things like Future Fight is only a very recent thing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MvC: Infinite will be good when Marvel will fire those stupid SJW that ruin their comic, character, stories and overall company and hire people who would actually give a **** about their character.

Oh and, Capcom need to fire those who tought that, having DLC character who are...:

1) Newcomer
2) Important to the story
3) One of them being the freaking main vilain of the game, and worse, the other main vilain is in the main game.

Would actually make people happy in any way.

D

Deleted member

If you want to watch what he thought of Conquest's story, it's in his video where he collaborated with another Youtuber as they compared Awakening and Fates to see which was the better game.

I remember one of the main reasons why he considered Conquest having the best story compared to Awakening, Birthright, and Revelation came down to "Conquest's story was much different from past FE games, whereas the other three games' plots are nothing new."

To me, that one raised an eye-brow, because I would argue that just because a game having a "different" story does automatically make it better than the same old story, especially when Conquest's plot really falls flat on its face more often than Birthright did and Awakening.
Yeah, different doesn't mean better, and Conquest shows that.
Birthright was at least fine imo and the only annoyance I had with it besides being the same thing we've seen before is Xander.
I also feel like it paces the fights against the siblings and Garon's wacky henchmen much better than Conquest(and Revelation in the case of the latter).
And if different means better than why isn't Echoes the best FE game? Checkmate atheists

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Sony is considering making Mysterio and Kraven spin-off movies?

And I thought a solo Venom movie was pushing it.

Seriously, how the hell do they expect these characters to hold their own movie?

Ivander

Smash Legend
And I can tell you it's a load. Something different does not make something better. At all.

Anyway, going on a trip to see some of my family for the Summer and got the Laptop set up. Pretty excited, even if I won't speak here much for a while, especially when I go to help out at a camp.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wish we got Raimi's Spider-Man 4 for Bruce Campbell playing Mysterio. That sounds like a wet dream for me

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
MvC: Infinite will be good when Marvel will fire those stupid SJW that ruin their comic, character, stories and overall company and hire people who would actually give a **** about their character.
I'm sorry what's the connection between MvCI and the SJW comic book writers?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm praying this is sarcasm, yet I know it sadly isn't.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Crossover games in a nutshell. Find whatever reason to 'dislike' the developers whenever your favorite character isn't in.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is my grave already too far to get out of it or can I save my face and tell that I am tired and hot as hell (seriously, it's freaking hot here, even at night) and I don't know what I am saying at all?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is my grave already too far to get out of it or can I save my face and tell that I am tired and hot as hell (seriously, it's freaking hot here, even at night) and I don't know what I am saying at all?
IMO it was far too coherent and deliberate for it to have been accidental. Not like your mouse slipped and hit send...

Ivander

Smash Legend
IMO it was far too coherent and deliberate for it to have been accidental. Not like your mouse slipped and hit send...
Probably not as intentional as it was rash. Anger can do that, although in life the aftereffects are far more grave.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
To be fair there is quite a bit of SJW pandering in current day Marvel comics, but I haven't seen it make it's way into other media like movies or games. It has stuck only to the comics as far as I've seen.

This guy does a good job talking about said comics.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So my reputation is more dead than Metal Gear Survive at this point?

Well, I blame myself for not thinking 12 times before posting something I will regret, making a stupid statement and having no idea to say since I am too tired to think properly and simply because I follow Marvel a litte, but not that much.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to commit sudoku if I want to regain my honor.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair there is quite a bit of SJW pandering in current day Marvel comics, but I haven't seen it make it's way into other media like movies or games. It has stuck only to the comics as far as I've seen.

This guy does a good job talking about said comics.
If SJW comics means more **** like Kamala Khan then that's a good thing. Plus, comics were always political, Superman himself is an illegal immigrant

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ah yes! The SJW. I remember them, faced one when I was going on my yearly Big Foot Hunt. Savage beasts, they are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm feeling masochistic today, does anyone know a good Thracia translation patch? Priority on the menu translations because I don't care much for the story outside of "this guy was friends with that red unit better have them talk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom