• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I know, but mistake like that are just unforgivable to me. It go against who I am, so I take it very seriously. Even more when I am tired and ****ing hot as hell. Really, I should have make that post better by my standard. (And learn to stop posting whne it's like time to go to bed)

Sorry, I am exaggerating too much probably, it's just one post. It's not the end of the world, but the thing is, one day, when I will make the same mistake over something that is actually very serious and hard to talk to. I will really regret it, and to make sure that it doesn't happen again, I have to make my brain understand it until it know.
Sorry those "people" got on your case over that. You have no reason to beat yourself over it, mate.

But what do you mean by "goes against who you are"?

----

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There's some good videos coming out lately. Here's one on the First Person animation of Overwatch and how well they sell the characters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
*snif*
..Can...can I hug before I go, please? You wonderful people? ;_;
And one last thing to mention too, I am really bad when it come judging my own work. That it come to story, drawning, or as you just saw, posting. It's always a battle in my head to see if it's good or not and if I should allow myself to make some mistake and continue on or go home and be a family man.
Really, if I was the star of Inside Out. The emotion in my head would be more like a political assemble to see who is right and who is wrong. Or something like that. (Why the **** I am still writting at this hour?! I hate myself sometime alot I swear)
*hugs*

No problem, mate. Always here for you. Hope things work out. :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sorry those "people" got on your case over that. You have no reason to beat yourself over it, mate.

----
It mean that I know alot more about subject that are hard to talk about and how I know I shouldn't talk about them since I am very bad at debate on the matter.

I am also someone who tend to chill alot. I do not want to make post that will make people to facepalm due to how bad my post could be or make a bad impression of me. I want to have fun with peoples, talk about what I love, sharing my passion, etc..

Brief, the post I made before gived an image of me that I hate. And seeing the reaction of other only made me really bad inside. Which is why I said that my reputation was "dead" because of it wasn't me at all. And I take my image very seriously knowing how the internet can really not forgive what you did if you say something bad at the worst moment at the worst place. (Which granted, wasn't the case here)
*hugs*

No problem, mate. Always here for you. Hope things work out. :)
Thank you, thank you so much!!!>_<

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

----
I find your use of quotations marks around "people" especially telling.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I find your use of quotations marks around "people" especially telling.
Uh...I think I am not going to go over that. My bed want to see me right now.

But before I go, I leave this video here just for the people that might get interested in.
Because Wynaut?

On those word, good night guys!^^

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Not to mention the America Chavez series is the exception, not the rule, when it comes to comic book diversity/progressiveness. It's been universally panned and for good reason, the writing ****ing sucks.

They also tend to ignore that Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel, Sam Wilson Cap, Jane Thor, Amadeus Cho Hulk, and Riri Williams Iron Man have been met mostly positively, minus some issues with Jane Thor which weren't nearly as bad as some people say (i.e., not nearly as bad as the America Chavez series). Kamala and Sam, especially, have been received well.

And yet the GamerGater/Trumpeter rhetoric of "le evil sjw" still rears its head...
There was also the infamous Mockingbird comic revival that was universally panned for it's pandering and for it absoluting ruining her character.

Let's not forget the Mockingbird cover where she was wearing a shirt that said "ask me about my feminist agenda".

I believe the Unstoppable Wasp was also panned by most people for it's pandering too.

I'm also just now hearing about a new Black Panther comic that's apparently pretty rasist towards white people. I'll have to look more into that before making judgements on it.

There are a number of other comics that pander to specific groups of people, but I won't get into that right now.

Either way, I'm not saying SJWs are evil bogeymen. I'm saying some of them do a bad job at making Marvel comic books with there pandering a bad writing skills.

Maybe you would prefer it if I used something other than SJW to describe them? Would that make my point anymore valid and less controversial? I think the term SJW is kind of dumb too, but I find it's the easiest way to describe them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

But before I go, I leave this video here just for the people that might get interested in.
Because Wynaut?

Well, speak of good fortune. Just when I said I was looking forward to seeing Blazing Knight's Top 10 Favorite Echoes Characters video, he uploads it today.

Time for me to go watch it!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was also the infamous Mockingbird comic revival that was universally panned for it's pandering and for it absoluting ruining her character.

Let's not forget the Mockingbird cover where she was wearing a shirt that said "ask me about my feminist agenda".

I believe the Unstoppable Wasp was also panned by most people for it's pandering too.

I'm also just now hearing about a new Black Panther comic that's apparently pretty rasist towards white people. I'll have to look more into that before making judgements on it.

There are a number of other comics that pander to specific groups of people, but I won't get into that right now.

Either way, I'm not saying SJWs are evil bogeymen. I'm saying some of them do a bad job at making Marvel comic books with there pandering a bad writing skills.

Maybe you would prefer it if I used something other than SJW to describe them? Would that make my point anymore valid and less controversial? I think the term SJW is kind of dumb too, but I find it's the easiest way to describe them.
Mockingbird was far from universally panned, at least from what I saw, and the "ask me about my feminist agenda" cover was clearly tongue in cheek (not that there'd be anything wrong if it wasn't). And unless something happened in a recent issue, I've never seen hate for Unstoppable Wasp. Honestly she's a great new character too, since the way they tied her into the existing lore was neat.

And I'm definitely gonna need a source on the Black Panther thing.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh hey, this discussion. Fascinating topic.

But you know what else is fascinating?

If you listen closely.

On the wind.

You can hear the subtle, beautiful sounds.

avi_pirate_rocket.png

Of me getting the **** out.

Oh hey, this discussion. Fascinating topic.

But you know what else is fascinating?

If you listen closely.

On the wind.

You can hear the subtle, beautiful sounds.

View attachment 130995

Of me getting the **** out.
Hey this isnt "family friendly beverage"
what a rip off.

In topics that wont make me say something unprofessional. . .
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/2...ariety/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>producer loves Cell Saga and Gohan becoming Great Saiyaman.
This game is in great hands

>taking power levels into effect
RIP Tien and Videl, and maybe Hercule if it were'nt for popularity.
Shame.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Liberals? Progressives? Left-Wingers?

----
You literally had "legalize white pride" in your sig at one point, even ignoring your current one. I just want everyone in this thread to know that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The guy thinks loading a gun with 2 bullets, shooting one into a wall and pointing the gun right at your forehead and giving verbal death threats is free speech and not a death threat. Don't bother
Oh believe me, I've never taken the opinion of alt-right neonazis seriously, and never will.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh believe me, I've never taken the opinion of alt-right neonazis seriously, and never will.
That reminds me of that Sargon guy who claimed Red Skull's not a nazi and shouldn't be bashed, but he's merely a patriot and people should aspire to be like him. A friend sent me a screenshot of that. Agreeing with the political views of a nazi makes you a nazi, even if you're 'being ironic'

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
what a rip off.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/2...ariety/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Shame.
I don't think the comment on power levels means those characters won't make it. Just that the 3v3 system makes it more plausible for weaker characters to beat stronger ones.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh!

I actually know this one.

This is the comic in question.

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Black-Panther-And-The-Crew-2017-1/digital-comic/44578

Cancelled after two comics and universally unpopular.

The goal was to make a team of only black superheroes with characters like Luke Cage, Storm and Black Panther.

The main criticisms were that the plot was booooooring, characters were inconsistent and out of character and a general mean spirited tone about... everything really.

At one point Storm calls white people "mayonnaise", which isn't that funny ("sourdough" is ten times funnier) and is out of character for her. Luke Cage, yeah sure I could buy it, but Storm is way too nice to use that sort of insult towards anybody. I believe that is the point of contention spoken about.

Did I do a good?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh!

I actually know this one.

This is the comic in question.

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Black-Panther-And-The-Crew-2017-1/digital-comic/44578

Cancelled after two comics and universally unpopular.

The goal was to make a team of only black superheroes with characters like Luke Cage, Storm and Black Panther.

The main criticisms were that the plot was booooooring, characters were inconsistent and out of character and a general mean spirited tone about... everything really.

At one point Storm calls white people "mayonnaise", which isn't that funny ("sourdough" is ten times funnier) and is out of character for her. Luke Cage, yeah sure I could buy it, but Storm is way too nice to use that sort of insult towards anybody. I believe that is the point of contention spoken about.

Did I do a good?
You did a very good! *throws Swamp treat*

Speaking of Black Panther, I remember the movie getting some backlash for having a lesbian character get turned straight. Might be misinformed on that, I know jack **** about Panther

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
You did a very good! *throws Swamp treat*

Speaking of Black Panther, I remember the movie getting some backlash for having a lesbian character get turned straight
I could've sworn they said she was canon gay but it wouldn't be referenced
But if they are making her straight then that's pretty disgusting and shame on them.

D

Deleted member

Because Wynaut?

Oh, c'mon, he didn't even mention the best part about Lukas! That sexy voice that makes everyone question their sexuality.
Also, he didn't even mention the best part about Sonya.
Design? No. Usage in battle? Nope. Entrap? Nah. Only ****ing boss convo in the whole ****ing game what is this ****? Maybe.
It's that one quote from her in her A support with Genny: "I guess we can be bitter together"
That single line made her kick 3 asses in succession and jump straight into my favorite Celica's route unit faster than GameXPlain uploading clips from a Direct while it's airing.
Oh crap you used the N-Word.
No, not that one, the other one, this isn't going to end well.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Probably just won't be referenced.

From what I understand, said character is minor anyways, right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys if we don't believe, Zebei will call friends in to beat us again :p.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some heroes talk. Do we have any statement on why masked Marth has no skills?

It kind of sucks if you had to work for the 5 star and they get nothing. I guess its good for some f2p players though, but it be hard for them to get duplicates to sacrifice to build this character, especially if you go with the skill set for the character "Marth" really is, then its some hard to get skills.

I raised the 4 star one to 40 though. When I get more feathers I will promote them and use the 5 star you win to buff the newly stared up 4 star.

Hopefully I can have enough sp to put moonbow, desperation 3, and fury 3. I'm fine with desperation 2 though, and could work with new moon if I had too. It sucks that I have to buy the falchion though. That's a costly one and its 200-300 for my other skills.

Regardless it's a pretty good unit to have with a lot of potential.

For now I'm raising my 5 star Chrom up and might switch his skill set around, but I like his default ones. Opossum Opossum would approve of me raising him though.

Chrono.

what a rip off.

Shame.
I wouldn't take that quote too literally, otherwise pretty much all humans would be gone aside from maybe Krillin and Hercule.

And even non humans are on the weaker side at this point like Piccolo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Watching BlazingKnight's Top 10 Echoes characters
>Celica above Alm

IT'S ****

NEVER SEEN AN OPINION SO BAD

ALM'S OUR GUY

HIS NAME LITERALLY STANDS FOR "ALPHA MALE".

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It not being allowed to get referenced makes more sense, Marvel doesn't want to lose China and stuff
Most likely yeah.

I don't think most people realize just how much of an impact China has on Hollywood.

It's essentially become the main audience in several cases and is often the place where most of a movie's revenue comes from.

Don't expect a whole lot of Tibet in the near future.

Poor Tibet.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Liberals? Progressives? Left-Wingers?

----
Well I'm a liberal so I don't think that's would be a good word lol.
Mockingbird was far from universally panned, at least from what I saw, and the "ask me about my feminist agenda" cover was clearly tongue in cheek (not that there'd be anything wrong if it wasn't). And unless something happened in a recent issue, I've never seen hate for Unstoppable Wasp. Honestly she's a great new character too, since the way they tied her into the existing lore was neat.

Black Panther and the Crew #3 is the apparently racist comic.

This a a rather large topic I can go in depth about for a long time, but I feel like it won't get me anywhere and I won't change anyone's minds, so I won't bother.

Just watch the video I posted earlier if you haven't and this video too I guess. If I don't change anyones minds then that's fine.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I was talking with this one guy on the internet once, and he said that a lot of social justice warriors were pretty stupid...that was just how it was (according to him anyway). This guy wasn't against equality of stuff either, as he was the best man at his gay friend's wedding.

I could've sworn they said she was canon gay but it wouldn't be referenced
But if they are making her straight then that's pretty disgusting and shame on them.
Wait, haven't there been instances of straight people being gay in reboots or whatever in some media? (or am I just crazy)

If there are, then what's wrong with doing the reverse?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Most likely yeah.

I don't think most people realize just how much of an impact China has on Hollywood.

It's essentially become the main audience in several cases and is often the place where most of a movie's revenue comes from.

Don't expect a whole lot of Tibet in the near future.

Poor Tibet.
It's why they used Tilda Swindon or however her name is spelled for the Ancient One. Oddly enough Wonder Woman got banned there iirc due to Gadot's Israeli origin

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well I'm a liberal so I don't think that's would be a good word lol.

Black Panther and the Crew #3 is the apparently racist comic.

This a a rather large topic I can go in depth about for a long time, but I feel like it won't get me anywhere and I won't change anyone's minds, so I won't bother.

Just watch the video I posted earlier if you haven't and this video too I guess. If I don't change anyones minds then that's fine.
With all due respect I don't want to give Sargon views or ad revenue. :/

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's why they used Tilda Swindon or however her name is spelled for the Ancient One. Oddly enough Wonder Woman got banned there iirc due to Gadot's Israeli origin
I know WW was banned in some Middle Eastern countries for that reason (and hated on by some whacko sites in the west) but I wasn't aware about China.

You sure they had a problem?
It really sucks that it has so much of a stranglehold, though.
Eh. Just a different perspective.

I mean some countries could say they're tired that the USA had a stranglehold on Hollywood, only making countries to appeal to the US.

That's been a criticism too.

It's just human nature. We want what appeals to us. What doesn't seems kind of stupid.

"
presented by Zebie
My Zebetitis continues to spread beyond its borders
muahahahaha

Unrelated, i've been wondering if people understand my title over there
<----

"More handsome with the lights off"

It's because im ugly so im more handsome if you cant see me because it's dark :079:

EDIT accidental perfection

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom