• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I feel like I'm a bit in the minority here, since I'm a more conservative person... *hides behind a wall*

My Zebetitis continues to spread beyond its borders
muahahahaha

Unrelated, i've been wondering if people understand my title over there
<----

"More handsome with the lights off"

It's because im ugly so im more handsome if you cant see me because it's dark :079:

EDIT accidental perfection
I understood Zebei. :)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As a conservative Christian Republican.

Sargon is kind of poopy.

He just isn't nice at all.

D

Deleted member

>Watching BlazingKnight's Top 10 Echoes characters
>Celica above Alm

IT'S ****

NEVER SEEN AN OPINION SO BAD

ALM'S OUR GUY

HIS NAME LITERALLY STANDS FOR "ALPHA MALE".
cALM down buddy
Sonya isn't number one and you don't see me trying to kill the guy
Emphasis on seeing
as he was the best man at his gay friend's wedding.
"You see I can't be homophobic, I have a friend who's gay!"
muahahahaha

<----

It's because im ugly so im more handsome if you cant see me because it's dark :079:
I thought that meant you're actually great in the bed but oh well, no sexual innuendos in this thread unless Alucard is around

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait, haven't there been instances of straight people being gay in reboots or whatever in some media? (or am I just crazy)

If there are, then what's wrong with doing the reverse?
1: Alternative universes and different continuities are a thing which justifies the new versions having major differences like that
2: The MCU hasn't had an LGBT character yet iirc, so erasing LGBT stuff from an LGBT character who'd be the first to appear in the MCU's a bad idea. MCU's already gotten flak for not really knowing how to treat Asian characters. Daredevil had a major criticism of this too
Well I'm a liberal so I don't think that's would be a good word lol.

Black Panther and the Crew #3 is the apparently racist comic.

This a a rather large topic I can go in depth about for a long time, but I feel like it won't get me anywhere and I won't change anyone's minds, so I won't bother.

Just watch the video I posted earlier if you haven't and this video too I guess. If I don't change anyones minds then that's fine.
That guy laughs at Anita Sarkezian getting death threats and calling it harassment "haha feminists are so funny with their hyperbole" yet when she called him a garbage human he pretty much went "I'M NOT CRYING AT ALL ATTACK THIS VILE HARASSER"
I know WW was banned in some Middle Eastern countries for that reason (and hated on by some whacko sites in the west) but I wasn't aware about China.

You sure they had a problem?
I don't remember entirely. Plus it's 1AM. I very well could be wrong tbh
EDIT: I was wrong yes

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
cALM down buddy
"You see I can't be homophobic, I have a friend who's gay!"
*stifles a laugh* I guess he could be pulling a facade, but I've known him for a few years so...

Plus, anyone on the internet could be pulling a facade...there's no real way to prove or disprove how someone is in real life over the internet...

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
On another subject, I just bought Prey very recently (Like it finished the download about 5 mins ago) and I've just been ****ing around in this dude's apartment checking out all the little easter eggs

10/10 Best way too invested in this guy's life simulator 2017

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Now for some heroes talk. Do we have any statement on why masked Marth has no skills?

It kind of sucks if you had to work for the 5 star and they get nothing. I guess its good for some f2p players though, but it be hard for them to get duplicates to sacrifice to build this character, especially if you go with the skill set for the character "Marth" really is, then its some hard to get skills.
They haven't said anything, but the most likely explanation to me would be that they don't want to just hand out a 5* unit without there being some sort of catch (as if grinding out 30,000 points in the Tempest Trials wasn't enough). Besides, outside of Luna, Lucina's default skills were nothing exciting anyway, either for her own use or for inheritance (Defiant Speed on a unit that already doubles nigh everything in the game is overkill, and Spur Attack is available on plenty of other units if you need it).

In any case, "Marth" is still an excellent unit. A free 5* of one of the best units in the game is nothing to sniff at, if you didn't already get Lucina, or got her with a bad asset/flaw. A good build for her would be to give her Reciprocal Aid, so she can act as a healer, and Fury so she can better pull her weight in battle. Both play off of Falchion's built-in Renewal, so they work really well. And Luna works better over Aether in my opinion, since Aether's cooldown is way too high (Moonbow is okay too). My Lucina was built like this, and she was easily the one reason I was able to grind out Quickened Pulse within the two weeks the Tempest Trials were up.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair it's a reupload on some random persons channel so you wouldn't give him any revenue.
Might give it a look a bit later then, haha. Right now I'm catching up on season four of Agents of SHIELD now that it's on Netflix. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
*stifles a laugh* I guess he could be pulling a facade, but I've known him for a few years so...

Plus, anyone on the internet could be pulling a facade...there's no real way to prove or disprove how someone is in real life over the internet...
That's what anonymity does. It makes you feel like you can do whatever you want. I guarantee /pol/ would never have existed for example if there was no anonymity

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For example, I'm not actually an opossum.

D

Deleted member

I don't think you understood what I meant at all.
I understand the criticism but maybe the guy is genuinely not homophobic.
The likelihood of someone being homophobic is directly proportional to how much they try to deny them being homophobic.
If someone has to constantly say "I'm not homophobic but..." then that's a red sign
For example, I'm not actually an opossum.
I can't believe I used to trust you into moderating these forums

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The likelihood of someone being homophobic is directly proportional to how much they try to deny them being homophobic.
If someone has to constantly say "I'm not homophobic but..." then that's a red sign
But the person in question never said that.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
1: Alternative universes and different continuities are a thing which justifies the new versions having major differences like that
2: The MCU hasn't had an LGBT character yet iirc, so erasing LGBT stuff from an LGBT character who'd be the first to appear in the MCU's a bad idea. MCU's already gotten flak for not really knowing how to treat Asian characters. Daredevil had a major criticism of this too

That guy laughs at Anita Sarkezian getting death threats and calling it harassment "haha feminists are so funny with their hyperbole" yet when she called him a garbage human he pretty much went "I'M NOT CRYING AT ALL ATTACK THIS VILE HARASSER"

I don't remember entirely. Plus it's 1AM. I very well could be wrong tbh
EDIT: I was wrong yes
I think he was more so making fun of the fact that she acted like getting death threats was a woman's issue when it's a thing that happens to both genders (including himself).

Now he's making fun of her for saying that being called "liar" or "you suck" is harassment, and her saying it's something we need to stop, and then going on to call another person "a garbage human." It goes against what she's trying to stop.

I didn't see him telling people to harass her. And him talking about how he was abused by her is just him trolling. He does a lot of trolling.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh hey, this discussion. Fascinating topic.

But you know what else is fascinating?

If you listen closely.

On the wind.

You can hear the subtle, beautiful sounds.

View attachment 130995

Of me getting the **** out.
Red's current status:

Your post. . .may have indirectly inspired me to bring this into existence. Don't ask me how long it took.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I understand the criticism but maybe the guy is genuinely not homophobic.
Everyone is homophobic, even homosexuals. Our society raises us to be bigots and it takes a lot to unlearn. No, this does not mean everyone is ready to kill a minority on sight, or outright hates them with all their heart, but rather through all sorts of subtle day-to-day things that is hard to notice when untrained.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Everyone is homophobic, even homosexuals. Our society raises us to be bigots and it takes a lot to unlearn. No, this does not mean everyone is ready to kill a minority on sight, or outright hates them with all their heart, but rather through all sorts of subtle day-to-day things that is hard to notice when untrained.
I dunno.

That just seems a bit too pessimistic.

I think people are better than that thinking process makes them out to be.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think he was more so making fun of the fact that she acted like getting death threats was a woman's issue when it's a thing that happens to both genders (including himself).

Now he's making fun of her for saying that being called "liar" or "you suck" is harassment, and her saying it's something we need to stop, and then going on to call another person "a garbage human." It goes against what she's trying to stop.

I didn't see him telling people to harass her. And him talking about how he was abused by her is just him trolling.
It DOES primarily happen to women though. Hell, there's been a study I heard about a while back "Do women enjoy being sexually harassed? Men say yes!" There's also that clip of college students chanting "No means yes, yes means anal" and ****. Not EXCLUSIVELY a woman's issue, but primarily one. Even then, getting death threats solely for an opinion isn't exactly a joking matter tbh. Please sargon IS objectively a garbage human. He tried to bait people by claiming anti fascits are using ISIS' flag when the flag was used by people fighting AGAINST ISIS. When called out he went "Nah, nah, I wasn't misleading anyone, this was a social experiment" or some **** too. And again, he praised a nazi's political beliefs

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Do women enjoy being sexually harassed? Men say yes!"
Woah!

I know what you're talking about.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The article cites a study that only touched upon men from Middle Eastern countries (and only four of them).

Carry on for the rest though.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I dunno.

People are an anomaly. Both sides of the coin at once.

Our optimistic side only wants to see the good, our pessimistic side only dares to see the bad. The truth is somewhere in between.

D

Deleted member

So, I just found this video
I like the theories but I'm not too into the MCU to argue against or for them so I thought of sharing it here to see what you all think of
But the person in question never said that.
It's the same idea still
I mean, I'm pretty sure there are some people out there who weren't raised under such preconceptions but I can see your point.
I can certainly attest to it

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I dunno.

It's not pessimistic. Someone isn't automatically a horrible person just because they express/hold bigoted thoughts. What matters is whether they make strides to better themselves and their community. No one is perfect, and that's alright.

I'm trans, I have transphobic thoughts, but I try to unlearn them. Meanwhile Blair White, who is also trans, makes an attempt to reinforce her transphobic views. It's not about whether one holds such views, it's what's done with them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I just found this video
I like the theories but I'm not too into the MCU to argue against or for them so I thought of sharing it here to see what you all think of

It's the same idea still

I mean, I'm pretty sure there are some people out there who weren't raised under such preconceptions but I can see your point.
I can certainly attest to it

For the longest time I believed the Soul Stone would either be in Heimdall's eyes or Mjolnir. The former because Heimdall's eyes can see into souls, as said early on IIRC, and they glow orange. The latter because it might read the wielder's soul to see if they're worthy. However, since Mjolnir was destroyed in the Ragnarok trailer, I doubt it's in the hammer unless Editing Magic (tm) took place.

Either way I'm sure we'll see it in Thor Ragnarok. Plus it would help the silly T.H.A.N.O.S. fan theory and that's hilarious. :p

D

Deleted member

For the longest time I believed the Soul Stone would either be in Heimdall's eyes or Mjolnir. The former because Heimdall's eyes can see into souls, as said early on IIRC, and they glow orange. The latter because it might read the wielder's soul to see if they're worthy. However, since Mjolnir was destroyed in the Ragnarok trailer, I doubt it's in the hammer unless Editing Magic (tm) took place.

Either way I'm sure we'll see it in Thor Ragnarok. Plus it would help the silly T.H.A.N.O.S. fan theory and that's hilarious. :p
But what if the hammer is being destroyed exactly for the purpose of extracting the Soul Stone?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But what if the hammer is being destroyed exactly for the purpose of extracting the Soul Stone?

Hence my "editing magic" comment. :p Unless I was too tired to notice, we didn't see a flash of anything orange when Mjolnir broke, so that's why as of now I'm skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised if they did edit it out though to keep it more under wraps.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's the same idea still
No not really.

Like not at all.

It's not pessimistic. Someone isn't automatically a horrible person just because they express/hold bigoted thoughts. What matters is whether they make strides to better themselves and their community. No one is perfect, and that's alright.

I'm trans, I have transphobic thoughts, but I try to unlearn them. Meanwhile Blair White, who is also trans, makes an attempt to reinforce her transphobic views. It's not about whether one holds such views, it's what's done with them.
I dunno. I guess I just believe people are better than that.

That or we have differences on what bigoted means exactly.

I suppose this can be a relative thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did not need these feelings tonight.

God damn, Clive is such a human character.

And Clair's lines shook me, Alexis Tipton did a god-tier job with her in this game.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, after listening to the Sonic Advance 3 soundtrack a few days ago, I decided to actually go back to the game. Despite having owned this game for about 12-ish years, I never finished collecting all the Chaos or the Chaos Emeralds, so I went back to try to get them.

I got the first six emeralds but...

THIS. LAST. SPECIAL. STAGE. WILL. BE. THE. DEATH. OF. ME!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
muahahahaha

<----

EDIT accidental perfection
lol I did that knowing you'd point it out. It was to poke fun at your previous statement as you'd probably misspell the video title lol.
They haven't said anything, but the most likely explanation to me would be that they don't want to just hand out a 5* unit without there being some sort of catch (as if grinding out 30,000 points in the Tempest Trials wasn't enough). Besides, outside of Luna, Lucina's default skills were nothing exciting anyway, either for her own use or for inheritance (Defiant Speed on a unit that already doubles nigh everything in the game is overkill, and Spur Attack is available on plenty of other units if you need it).

In any case, "Marth" is still an excellent unit. A free 5* of one of the best units in the game is nothing to sniff at, if you didn't already get Lucina, or got her with a bad asset/flaw. A good build for her would be to give her Reciprocal Aid, so she can act as a healer, and Fury so she can better pull her weight in battle. Both play off of Falchion's built-in Renewal, so they work really well. And Luna works better over Aether in my opinion, since Aether's cooldown is way too high (Moonbow is okay too). My Lucina was built like this, and she was easily the one reason I was able to grind out Quickened Pulse within the two weeks the Tempest Trials were up.
That does make sense, but they should have given one skill to her. The amount of time it takes to get to her in Tempest Trials is pretty long.

But yeah, I went off of other Lucina sets and am going to build this one off of that as I do not have regular lucina, so it's cool to get this unit for free. I have some healers so I went for a more attacker based unit.

I wonder though what future units could be given out in Tempest Trials and if they'd change stats or lock completely new heroes behind it like Grand Hero battles.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is Digital Foundry's comment section toxic as all hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom