• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So I was just thinking about Street Fighter X Tekken.

That game was hated quite a bit due to a lot of factors (the DLC practices and gems being the big two, and BBA Megaman for certain fans), but looking back at it I actually had a lot of fun with it myself.

Anyone else here liked/hated/played the game?
Ah, SFxT. Originally, I planned for that to be the first Tekken and Street Fighter game that I'd own, then the dlc paywall was discovered and I just played older games in the series instead.
Years later it became the free PS+ game on Vita, so I got the dlc characters for free and finally grabbed the PS3 version. Even with its issues, its definitely a fun game. I especially liked how all the Tekken characters had English and Japanese VA, and you can completely change the characters colors and make everyone Hulk colored :alien:
And the intro with Heihachi + Kuma is the best thing.
Just throwin tis out there.
Modern Marvel fans might still know X-men characterrs from
UMvC3's re-releases a few months ago?
You know, I always thought with that UMvC3 re-release that X-Men would be likely in MvCI. Since they got permission for a rerelease loaded with X-men and F4 stuff, Marvel should have no problem with them in Infinite....right? I was so wrong and the only person who ever thought that and I still feel dumb.
(At this rate, i'm surprised the trailer for UMvC3 rerelease even got permission to feature an X-Men for over 5 seconds.)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just got done watching The Mummy and... I actually really, really enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong it's NOT a good movie. I can see why others people dislike it but for whatever reason it really just clicked with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing even the obvious world building/future title setup crap, maybe that's just me being a huge classic movie monster nerd, but still I really can't say that I disliked the movie. Maybe it was cause of the reviews that I had this immediate anticipation of it being awful.

It's really rare for me to go see a movie that is universally panned by critics. It's rare for me to like a movie that's that way. It's also really rare for me to like a Mummy movie but of the 5 released, believe it or not, this is my favorite one. Yeah, it jumped around the story a lot, it's characters were kinda shallow, the ending was strange, and it's world building was obvious as hell but this incredibly strange mix of Action and Horror somehow melded with me. It genuinely scared me with it's atmosphere, and obvious jumpscares, and had me reeled in during the action scenes. I might review the movie in it's entirety in the future after I get my thoughts together but as of now I really loved it. Definite Blu-ray buy for me as surprised as I am to say it.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I just got done watching The Mummy and... I actually really, really enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong it's NOT a good movie. I can see why others people dislike it but for whatever reason it really just clicked with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing even the obvious world building/future title setup crap, maybe that's just me being a huge classic movie monster nerd, but still I really can't say that I disliked the movie. Maybe it was cause of the reviews that I had this immediate anticipation of it being awful.

It's really rare for me to go see a movie that is universally panned by critics. It's also really rare for me to like Mummy movie but of the 5 released, believe it or not, this is my favorite one. Yeah, it jumped around the story a lot, it's characters were kinda shallow, the ending was strange,Zero and's world building was obvious as hell but this incredibly strange mix of Action and Horror somehow melded with me. It genuinely scared me with it's atmosphere, and obvious jumpscsres, and had me reeled in during the action scenes. I might review the movie in it's entirety in the future after I get my thoughts together but as of now I really loved it. Definite Blu-ray buy for me as surprised as I am to say it.
I'm still upset they cut my boy Brendan

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't see the Mummy but was sort of hoping for it to do well solely so I could get my "Creature of the Black Lagoon" remake

And if the series goes on long enough, "This Island Earth" remake

Metaluna Monster in HD

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bonjour, je suis enchanté de vous revoir, mes amis.:p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the third "Sonny" game is out on Steam. Probably for a month or so now, to a 61%

After 10 years between games.

After hearing about the game from reviews I'm actually disappointed.

While the art style seems to look better it comes with less animations and 0 customization in appearance with equipment. One of my favorite things about the Sonny series was collecting complete armor sets to give the characters different appearances depending on their class.

Also, reviews say the story, which is a remake of the first game, is less in depth - which is interesting considering the depth of the first game wasn't too much. Which also makes it A LOT less in depth than the second game.

Lastly the skill tree, while probably better than the first game is apparently a lot more basic than the second game, which the second game has a pretty awesome skill tree which kept me hooked for a while selecting the different classes and the different builds of the different classes. Trying to figure out which abilities and which equipment were the best. Ice was my favorite but it wasn't necessarily the best. Some of them could do much more damage but Ice was about slowly stopping the enemy's movements until he was completely at your mercy. Kind of a sadistic moveset.

I guess it has less voice acting than either of the first 2 games. Which were free to play mind you.

Less voice acting, less animations, less depth, equipment doesn't change appearance

I may still get it in the Steam Summer Sale. It's just under half off

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
OMG, The character "Harvey Dent" in the 1989 Tim Buton's Batman was played by "Billy Dee Williams" - Who thought he was going to be in multiple movies since we all know it's Harvey Dent that eventually because the villainous "Two-Face". But by the time Two Face was actually added the the movies series under "Joel Schumacher", the actor changed to "Tommy Lee Jones". Always thought that consistency in a movie series that was supposed to be all in the same universe weird.

Apparently Billy Dee Williams GOT to play Two Face eventually in the Lego Batman movie!

Just took 20+ years later

Billy Dee Williams being more known as the role of "Lando Calrissian"
He was gonna be Two Face but he left because he was told he was gonna be the main villain but then the Riddler was the main villain of that movie.

Chrono.

So I got Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend (oh boy) on PS4. It was on sale so why not.

I haven't played a Blazblue game since Continuum Shift II though, and I was still in highschool for that. It feels odd playing one of the games again, but it was a nice reminder that it's still a fun series.

Will be awaiting Central Fiction on Switch.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So I got Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend (oh boy) on PS4. It was on sale so why not.

I haven't played a Blazblue game since Continuum Shift II though, and I was still in highschool for that. It feels odd playing one of the games again, but it was a nice reminder that it's still a fun series.

Are we sure it's Central Fiction? I thought it was something new?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just went 30 minutes against a punching bag, but I think it won considering it's the only one of us that drew blood

D

Deleted member

Just watched the first two episodes of My Hero Academia, and before I get to the third episode. . .. ****

This show is absurdly addicting. Im so sad fore poor little Deku. You can do it kid!
Lucky you, you won't have to wait a whole year for season 2, which did I ever mention starts with a TOURNAMENT ARC?
MHA has everything that made Shonen like Naruto great before snowballing into a series of contrivances and forced plot extension.

Also, can I talk about how Deku is one of the few main characters who I like the most out of their respective casts? It's not often that I can say a protagonist is done so good and it's not like the rest of the characrers are just weak, they're all great, MHA just needs to juggle all their screentime

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Cool to see a fellow Blazblue player! Tough, I have Central Fiction on the PS3 since I don't have a PS4 (but cross-play exist so that's cool), I wanted to have the latest BB and I litteraly didn't know that a BB game was confirm for the Switch.

I hope tough that there isn't going to have exclusif content on the Switch port. Or else, I'm going to be very sad, but not as sad as my wallet. :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I was just thinking about Street Fighter X Tekken.

That game was hated quite a bit due to a lot of factors (the DLC practices and gems being the big two, and BBA Megaman for certain fans), but looking back at it I actually had a lot of fun with it myself.

Anyone else here liked/hated/played the game?
I liked it but I wasn't super into it.

It was fun seeing the Tekken and Street Fighter characters interact, but I much prefer Tekken gameplay to Street Fighter gameplay. I'd probably be more into Tekken x Street Fighter, if that even still exists.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Since y'all talking about X-Men

What was the point of Xavier in "Logan"?

I dunno, he didn't really seem to bring anything to the story
Are you for real?
Xavier's getting Alzheimers and is a threat to humanity. Xavier himself wiped out a **** ton of mutants because of his seizure, Jean Grey, Scott Summers, Beast, Mystique and more are all dead due to his seizure. Xavier's the only good father figure Logan had and wants to protect him out of appreciation. For comparisons sake, he's the kid in Old Yeller if he ran away with the dog instead of shooting the dog.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you for real?
Xavier's getting Alzheimers and is a threat to humanity. Xavier himself wiped out a **** ton of mutants because of his seizure, Jean Grey, Scott Summers, Beast, Mystique and more are all dead due to his seizure. Xavier's the only good father figure Logan had and wants to protect him out of appreciation. For comparisons sake, he's the kid in Old Yeller if he ran away with the dog instead of shooting the dog.
What was his point in the movie though, what did it add to the plot?

How would the movie have been any different overall, the end goal, without him?

Other than maybe them not stopping at those people's house. Which a different reason could have come up for them stopping there

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What was his point in the movie though, what did it add to the plot?

How would the movie have been any different overall, the end goal, without him?

Other than maybe them not stopping at those people's house. Which a different reason could have come up for them stopping there
What did it add to the plot?HE QUITE LITERALLY DID SOMETHING MAJOR THAT AFFECTED THE TIMELINE AND MADE THINGS EVEN MORE DEPRESSING. Not even just for Logan, but for X-Men fans period

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What did it add to the plot?HE QUITE LITERALLY DID SOMETHING MAJOR THAT AFFECTED THE TIMELINE AND MADE THINGS EVEN MORE DEPRESSING. Not even just for Logan, but for X-Men fans period
What in the timeline did he do in Logan though

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you just saw Logan as a standalone movie without having seen any of the other X-men movies his purpose just seems to add some emotional resolution to Logan but overall I didn't feel he was really necessary for the film

It was kind of just tying up loose ends I suppose

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you just saw Logan as a standalone movie without having seen any of the other X-men movies his purpose just seems to add some emotional resolution to Logan but overall I didn't feel he was really necessary for the film

It was kind of just tying up loose ends I suppose
In that case why are you only watching Logan? Granted, I ended up seeing Days of Future Past and Apocalypse afterwards, the new canon, however, I still knew enough about the X-Men to care.
Plus it's extra sad because it kinda proves
Magneto was right

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wait, was Logan supposed to be in the original X-Men trilogy timeline or something? Because I felt like it was weird we went all those years ahead with characters killed offscreen after Apocalypse

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Might want to fix that spoiler Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen .

Also, I finally grabbed Trails in the Sky 3rd for the Summer Sale. \o/ Still probably not going to play it for a while because I want to finish my second SC playthrough.

Also grabbed UNIEL because wynaut.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Switch supposedly surpassed 1 million units sold in Japan...

Of course that number would be a lot bigger if it weren't for the shortages...especially knowing how much Japan loves their portables...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Characters are indeed just functions.
What makes that statement worse are these factors
UMVC3 was rereleased a while ago, meaning the X-Men were in a Capcom game recently
Street Fighter V is getting X-Men inspired costumes, meaning Capcom DOES love the X-Men
Some of the best selling comics as of now are X-Men Blue and Gold
And that we all know the real reason is perlmutter ****ting himself and they can't actually say that

D

Deleted member

I went laser tagging yesterday. Really fun.

We had codenames for each game, and one of mine was Falco. :falco:
From now on, we will be using code names. You can address me as Eagle One. Gwen, code name: "Been There, Done That", Alucard is "Currently Doing That", Opossum is "It Happened Once in a Dream", Zebei, code name "If I Had To Pick a Mod". Swamp is "Eagle Two".

I'm so sorry I had to

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
From now on, we will be using code names. You can address me as Eagle One. Gwen, code name: "Been There, Done That", Alucard is "Currently Doing That", Opossum is "It Happened Once in a Dream", Zebei, code name "If I Had To Pick a Mod". Swamp is "Eagle Two".

I'm so sorry I had to

I hope you've been to a hospital before cause I'll send you there if you don't tell me what you ,eant by that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope you've been to a hospital before cause I'll send you there if you don't tell me what you ,eant by that
It's a Parks and Rec reference. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom