• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gyms in pokemon Go can now be used as pokestops, so I have one that's right near my house now

Too bad it isn't a little closer though. It'd be better if I could reach it from my house. I have to go outside and walk for a bit a couple houses down.

Although they changed it so that you don't receive coins and star dust for having pokemon in gyms anymore. I wonder why bother putting them in without that incentive?

Chrono.

Still don't understand why this is enough of a surprise to be reported on. It's not like I go into a New Super Mario Game expecting to get less levels than Super Mario World. Why is this such a big deal?
Pretty much every single 2D Sonic game after S3&K had less zones than that, so.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Probably this guy.

He seems to have a thing for killing sons.

No, he kills his own sons. And grandsons. And father. The point is, as long as you're not related to him, either by blood or through marriage, you should be fine.

Chrono.

No, he kills his own sons. And grandsons. And father. The point is, as long as you're not related to him, either by blood or through marriage, you should be fine.
To be fair he didn't kill Jinpachi, just imprisoned him for life while Jin actually killed him.

Heihachi did kill his wife tho

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Man, every time I try to hum O Canada, my subconscious always ends up transforming it into Frozen Hillside after I get past the "O Canada" part.

And whenever I listen to Frozen Hillside, I always hear "O Canada" about 30 seconds in.

Does anybody else hear it, or is it just me?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile SFV has announced even mroe highscool costumes....while the 2 nostalgia costumes announced over a year ago still arnt around

D

Deleted member

Echoes spoilers
Conrad as a Mage is so much better than as a Paladin
Excalibur and Saggitae at Lv1, give him the Taurus Shard and he'll turn into a killing machine in just a few levels.
Why don't more units get unique spell sets? Also, lol two Res level up in a row
meanwhile SFV has announced even mroe highscool costumes....while the 2 nostalgia costumes announced over a year ago still arnt around
Good to know Capcom has their priorities straight

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just got out of Transformers 5. That is either of the worst movies I have seen, or one of the best

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Echoes spoilers
Conrad as a Mage is so much better than as a Paladin
Excalibur and Saggitae at Lv1, give him the Taurus Shard and he'll turn into a killing machine in just a few levels.
Why don't more units get unique spell sets? Also, lol two Res level up in a row
Fun fact: Conrad actually has Nomah's spell list for some reason, which is why he learns so much stuff at level 1. So technically his spell set isn't even unique. :p

Also I just finished ripping the portraits for the Cipher characters, if anyone is interested in those:

I have their support conversations and stuff as well, which I'll upload in a bit.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So the pegasus knight and paladin I think make sense more for Celica and the other 2 for Alm.
Personally, I'd put Emma and Randal with Alm and Yuzu and Shade with Celica.

Fun fact: Conrad actually has Nomah's spell list for some reason, which is why he learns so much stuff at level 1. So technically his spell set isn't even unique. :p

Also I just finished ripping the portraits for the Cipher characters, if anyone is interested in those:

I have their support conversations and stuff as well, which I'll upload in a bit.
Emma and Randal's supports are nice, as are Yuzu and Shade's.

The Supports are a bit simplistic, but they're nice, and do good for the characters' characterization. Unlike the regular SoV Supports, they are formatted as though they are taking place off the battlefield, like the supportss in Awakening/Fates, rather than on the battlefield, like the other SoV Supports.

I think I like Emma and Yuzu's designs the most, personally.

2 things

One, SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft showed me this.
This guy's art is great.
All of these cahracters in Mario and Luigi Superstar Sega artstyle is great and I love every single one. . .well except maybe Hades. His face didnt translate very well.

Second, Crash spoilers may be ahead, but they are awesome

So some more trophies leaked from some kind of new thing that can be downloaded for the N sane trilogy.

One seems to be hinting at stormy ascent, the level infamous for being cut even though it was finished. I would LOVE to play it. I just hope it isn't paid DLC.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Personally, I'd put Emma and Randal with Alm and Yuzu and Shade with Celica.

Emma and Randal's supports are nice, as are Yuzu and Shade's.

The Supports are a bit simplistic, but they're nice, and do good for the characters' characterization. Unlike the regular SoV Supports, they are formatted as though they are taking place off the battlefield, like the supportss in Awakening/Fates, rather than on the battlefield, like the other SoV Supports.

I think I like Emma and Yuzu's designs the most, personally.
But Celica has enough mages already. Including herself she gets atleast 5

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But Celica has enough mages already. Including herself she gets atleast 5
That's only if you recruit Sonya, if you recruit Deen, it's 4.

I suppose it could go either way.

Personally, I feel like Yuzu and Randal would do better on Alm's route, while Shade and Emma would do better on Celica's route. But because they're not split that way, it makes it kinda hard to choose which characters to recruit with which party.

One of those games coming to swithc (even being played on a switch here)

I had no idea what this game was other than it having a guest character in Indivisible.
It's an RPG dungeon crawler thing. Has a cool style. Has a giant robot. Has a free mana gimmick that seems like it would fit my playstyle perfectly. I need more RPGs for my switch. Seems like a guaranteed purchase of reviews are good.

Yet another stab at my poor wallet

Last edited:
Today on "Zebei is a ****ing moron"

I've wondered for months, maybe years why "dissapointed" and "dissapointing" have been causing spell checks to freak out and then not give me a result.

It's 1 's' two 'p's. Ive been spelling it wrong since forever.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I've wondered for months, maybe years why "dissapointed" and "dissapointing" have been causing spell checks to freak out and then not give me a result.

I think your spell check is the moron. Mine gives me the correct spelling.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Wait.

You have spell check and yet Zebeitis is still a thing?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Mobile gives no ****s for your spell check, and autocorrect wouldnt even be english.

Neither are my current posts but at least people can occasionally gleam what I meant in my current state.
I can't gleam anything, Zebes.

Nah but really I feel you. Especially on autocorrect.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
http://nerdist.com/wonder-woman-comic-brother-jason/

uuuuughhh...

**** off DC, we don't need something like this.
Here’s the thing though: Wonder Woman doesn’t need a bunch of male relatives to appeal to men. The Patty Jenkins-directed Wonder Woman movie didn’t include any “Manazons,” and although Zeus is still her father in the film, the way she was brought into the world remained vague. (Meaning: the focus was definitely not her father or half-brother Ares.) And yet, the film still managed to be a massive success, with women AND men flocking to see it again and again. The idea of needing to inject more men into her mythology feels like a desperate attempt to appeal to male sexism, and a perceived inability to connect to stories where women are front and center.

Hopefully when this is all said and done, Wonder Woman will once again not have a single male relative, and be the product of female Gods and and a powerful matriarchy. Sure, men need to be a part of her story, but part of the magic of Wonder Woman is that everything that made her who she is came without a Y chromosome. In the meantime, here’s hoping James Robinson can spin a compelling yarn and make all of this extra masculinity injected into Diana’s mythos worth it for readers.
I still don't understand why Wonder Woman having a brother is such a big problem to the writer.

If Wonder Woman as an IP is liked by both males and females, there'd be no need for her to have a brother for the reason of 'appealing to male sexism'.

If anything, the reveal of Diana having a brother would be (and is, imo) a great way to add to the mystery behind her Origin in her Rebirth series and how it fits into the New 52 history.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you guys know anything about the Final Fantasy 4,5 and 6 versions on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom