• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think it's only out in Japan(?)

The Cipher characters look cool, but way too good, all of them have great growths and crazy arts through their weapons.
Shade has an insane White Magic spell list with Freeze, Rescue, Physic and Silence.
Yuzu is basically a female Merc with a +20 crit weapon and an art that gives +10 crit and is effective against armored units. Also, access to Saggitae.
Randal/Lando also has a +20 crit weapon except his has a Brave Art... with +30 crit...
OH AND DID I MENTION EMMA HAS A SOLO TRIANGLE ATTACK THAT MAKES HER STRIKE THREE TIMES IN A ROW? BECAUSE SHE DOES. LITERALLY WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY

So the Cipher characters are pay to win, sorta?

Not that the game is really that hard that you'd need them, I guess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Pretty much, the maps you get them on aren't difficult either. It's all base classes. So it's an easy way to get some really effective promoted units.

Trying to do a "Cipher only" run could be an interesting idea though.

Chrono.

So, some new details on Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch surfaced:
- Not counting DLC characters, XV2 has 87 playable characters which will be unlocked from the start in the Switch version if you purchase it before October 3 of this year.
- Goku Black, who was previously a pre order bonus, will be included in the game without pre ordering needed.
- The rest of the DLC characters, however, will be still be DLC and up on the eShop for a price.
- XB1's story will be included as an exclusive (possibly for that character transfer thing as your XB1 CaC plays a role in 2), just the story.
- The game runs at a 60fps ONLY on 1v1 fights, the rest of the game will be at 30fps.
- Resolution is 900p docked and 720p handheld mode.
- Can use Joy-Cons to activate ultimates (we already knew this)

That's basically it. It seems like this version is more for anyone who hasn't bought it on PS4/XB1 yet. No DLC packs included is a bummer but considering not all the DLC for the other versions is out yet I can kinda understand the reason. XB1's story is a nice little bonus for those who haven't played that either. Performance is around what I expected, hopefully it doesn't drop a lot like XB1 on PS3 used to do.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, some new details on Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch surfaced:
- Not counting DLC characters, XV2 has 87 playable characters which will be unlocked from the start in the Switch version if you purchase it before October 3 of this year.
- Goku Black, who was previously a pre order bonus, will be included in the game without pre ordering needed.
- The rest of the DLC characters, however, will be still be DLC and up on the eShop for a price.
- XB1's story will be included as an exclusive (possibly for that character transfer thing as your XB1 CaC plays a role in 2), just the story.
- The game runs at a 60fps ONLY on 1v1 fights, the rest of the game will be at 30fps.
- Resolution is 900p docked and 720p handheld mode.
- Can use Joy-Cons to activate ultimates (we already knew this)

That's basically it. It seems like this version is more for anyone who hasn't bought it on PS4/XB1 yet. No DLC packs included is a bummer but considering not all the DLC for the other versions is out yet I can kinda understand the reason. XB1's story is a nice little bonus for those who haven't played that either. Performance is around what I expected, hopefully it doesn't drop a lot like XB1 on PS3 used to do.
The 60FPS being only in 1v1 bit seems a little jarring to me, though not surprising.

I already have XV1 on my laptop but I never finished it. I'll probably just wait until I get a proper PC before tackling the Xenoverse games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so I checked that Pokemon video.
Good news: it wasn't MatPat who did it.
Bad news: the channel has another godawful side series with some random guy.
Badder news: he seems to be doing all the science stuff now.
Also, the video starts with MatPat countering his last Pokemon theory with a single sentence so maybe there's hope

If they were more balanced, I'd consider buying them: Yuzu fits a niche that no other character can pull off in a Ladyblade user(since they'd either be better off in another class or just using Black Magic) and Lando/Randal helps the lack of Cavs in Celica's route but they'd just break the game harder than another Lord Cavalier!Gray.

Also, the unit distribution makes it so that you WILL get an unit that's pointless in one of the routes: Lando fit a Cav slot on Celica's route but Emma does that for Pegs on Alm's while Celica wants another Cleric and makes great use of Silence and Rescue but Yuzu has to compete with 6 other units there and Alm is swimming in swords he doesn't need.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A quick question: Would getting the Wolf Link Amiibo be worth it without the Twilight Princess remaster? I saw it in a store and I do like the idea of having a wolf companion while playing BotW (plus, I like Midna and she's a part of the figure), but I'm not sure it'd be worth it without utilizing TP for the benefits.

Bruh wtf this is actually cool as ****.
Wow, that's a pretty nice bundle. I'd love to get it, but alas, Europe gets all the good stuff when it comes to these things...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A quick question: Would getting the Wolf Link Amiibo be worth it without the Twilight Princess remaster? I saw it in a store and I do like the idea of having a wolf companion while playing BotW (plus, I like Midna and she's a part of the figure), but I'm not sure it'd be worth it without utilizing TP for the benefits.

Wow, that's a pretty nice bundle. I'd love to get it, but alas, Europe gets all the good stuff when it comes to these things...
If you can spoof TP data on the amiibo yes it is

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"Durrrrr, Capcuck shill! It's OBVIOUSLY Capcom's wrong doing!"
Also, saying anything positive about MVCI will get you ****ing blasted and get called a shill. 2017 didn't get any other game as controversial so far
Mass Effect

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This summer's Steam sale is live. Not sure what I'll be looking for, but at the very least, I'll be checking for discounts on DLC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have...mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, I'd say it's the omissions, not the additions, to MvCI that make it feel like an MCU advertisement, if anything. The ones they did add were important characters to the MCU AND the comics, like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ultron, and Ant-Man. Even Gamora has her own comic currently. That and most of the omissions are clearly partly Fox's fault as well.

On the other, Disney has a known bad habit of only using their games as advertising tools. The writer hit the nail on the head with Disney Infinity. From the first game, they did it, as the Lone Ranger example showcases (which funnily enough, The Lone Ranger play set is often considered one of the game's best). Sometimes, of course, they were right in putting them in early. Nick and Judy were added to advertise Zootopia, but no one would argue against their worthiness of inclusion in hindsight, because Zootopia became an instant success. Then you have Angelina Jolieficent, live action Alice and Mad Hatter (and Time, too, to complete a shelf warmer trio), and Spot from The Good Dinosaur (up there with Cars 2 on people's "worst Pixar films" lists). Then there were cases like adding all five emotions from Inside Out when basically no other film got their entire cast in one go like that, with their playstyle differences being incredibly minor (also serving to make Joy objectively the best one, but that's another story...).

It's baffling too, since they proved they were able to do advertising right, too. They put in classic Baloo when the live action Jungle Book came out, instead of doing a photorealistic Bill Murray bear. And people loved it. And they immediately followed it up with live action Alice and Mad Hatter, alongside Time, to shill Through the Looking Glass. It just screams tone deafness.

So basically, Disney absolutely does have an issue with their games being used solely as a means of advertising their latest films, but I don't think MvCI is anywhere near the worst offender, because there are a LOT of worse cases.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
New Overwatch Developer Update
We can save highlights, and even make our own. PC has even more options when saving highlights (i.e Can play with low settings, but export video with max settings, 4K 60FPS).
Lootbox getting changes, will be seeing less duplicates when rolled out, but will also get more credits.
And one thing they didn't mention in the video

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On one hand, I'd say it's the omissions, not the additions, to MvCI that make it feel like an MCU advertisement, if anything. The ones they did add were important characters to the MCU AND the comics, like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ultron, and Ant-Man. Even Gamora has her own comic currently. That and most of the omissions are clearly partly Fox's fault as well.
The three things I dislike about the roster is the lack of newcomers, the roster size and the lack of non-MCU characters.

Also paid DLC characters already made before the game went gold which could have been put in the base game but is left out for obvous reason. Then again, this is a general trend with DLC, which is why how Smash 4 handled DLC characters was great, waiting until the game was finished before making DLC characters.

And honestly speaking, the problem with any advertisement characters in general is that there is a good risk it doesn't pan out, therefore making the decision an unwise one in retrospect. For every Greninja, there is a Reboot Dante.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I think it's only out in Japan(?)

The Cipher characters look cool, but way too good, all of them have great growths and crazy arts through their weapons.
Shade has an insane White Magic spell list with Freeze, Rescue, Physic and Silence.
Yuzu is basically a female Merc with a +20 crit weapon and an art that gives +10 crit and is effective against armored units. Also, access to Saggitae.
Randal/Lando also has a +20 crit weapon except his has a Brave Art... with +30 crit...
OH AND DID I MENTION EMMA HAS A SOLO TRIANGLE ATTACK THAT MAKES HER STRIKE THREE TIMES IN A ROW? BECAUSE SHE DOES. LITERALLY WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY

Nah, it's out here.

I really like the Cipher characters. The fact that they have dialogue, decent characterization, and that they're good units. Also, the arts are attached to their weapons, so the Solo Triangle Attack can be used by anyone who can wield lances, even Non-Peg. Knights.

I like that they actually went out of their way to give the Cipher characters Final battle quotes and unique endings. Their supports are also nice, although I'm a bit sad that they each only have one.

I really like the idea of Emma, Randal, Yuzu, and Shade being world travelers. It's funny imagining those four traveling the world together. I honestly wouldn't mind if they ever made another cameo appearance.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Maybe it's just me, but the Vegas Golden Knights' logo does somewhat (not entirely, though) look like Samus' headshot on the European box packaging for the Legacy Edition of Samus Returns, in terms of the "V" shape where the face is exposed or where the visor is.

D

Deleted member

Then there were cases like adding all five emotions from Inside Out when basically no other film got their entire cast in one go like that,
Yeah but Inside Out is objectively the best animated movie to ever exist so I think it was incredibly justified
Nah, it's out here.

I really like the Cipher characters. The fact that they have dialogue, decent characterization, and that they're good units. Also, the arts are attached to their weapons, so the Solo Triangle Attack can be used by anyone who can wield lances, even Non-Peg. Knights.

I like that they actually went out of their way to give the Cipher characters Final battle quotes and unique endings. Their supports are also nice, although I'm a bit sad that they each only have one.

I really like the idea of Emma, Randal, Yuzu, and Shade being world travelers. It's funny imagining those four traveling the world together. I honestly wouldn't mind if they ever made another cameo appearance.
Wait, they aren't Prf weapons? WHAT THE ****
Jfc you can give a discount Brave Lance with +50 crit to, like, half of the cast.
Just give it to a Knight and break Player Phase combat. AND YOU GET ANOTHER BROKEN LANCE WHY
My Tobin and Gray Cavaliers would love that

Yeah, it's a step up from how the amiibo characters were treated in Fates. They do seem really cool and it'd be neat if they became recurring characters from now on(even if they'd always be DLC)
I also hope this means they'll consider bringing the Cipher cards to the west.

I wonder if this is the last DLC we'll be seeing or if IS will make something new later on.
I still wish we could get SpotPass maps like in Awakening to recruit antagonists and stuff. I'm still salty on how much of a wasted character Massena is.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Mila's Bounty 5 is also out.
It gives you a third Pitchfork and a Talisman(+3 Res).
Perfect for me because I still haven't started Celica's route on Act 4 and there's a certain character who will greatly appreciate that.
Wondering who I'll give the Talisman too, maybe Saber since that'd give him 11(+5) Res and that's before Apotrope comes into play.
But Lion King, though.
You mean that furry bait?
Minions is better than Inside Out
Is it okay to kill someone in a situation like this?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Perfect for me because I still haven't started Celica's route on Act 4 and there's a certain character who will greatly appreciate that.
Wondering who I'll give the Talisman too, maybe Saber since that'd give him 11(+5) Res and that's before Apotrope comes into play.

The Talisman increases Res growth I think. It doesn't say "+3" next to the unit's Res when I equip it, nor does it have a "Resistance +3" Art.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
BG&E2 early in engine demo

That's really ambitious, maybe too much for it's own good. I hope Ancel can deliver the game he wants though.

D

Deleted member

Mathilda is literally the second fastest unit in Alm's side
Who's the first? Forsyth.
Yes, Forsyth.
He's a Dread but he had hit 20 Spd way before promoting.
The Talisman increases Res growth I think. It doesn't say "+3" next to the unit's Res when I equip it, nor does it have a "Resistance +3" Art.
You... you have to use it...
It's a stat boosting item, just like it was in previous games

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah but Inside Out is objectively the best animated movie to ever exist so I think it was incredibly justified

Wait, they aren't Prf weapons? WHAT THE ****
Jfc you can give a discount Brave Lance with +50 crit to, like, half of the cast.
Just give it to a Knight and break Player Phase combat. AND YOU GET ANOTHER BROKEN LANCE WHY
My Tobin and Gray Cavaliers would love that

Yeah, it's a step up from how the amiibo characters were treated in Fates. They do seem really cool and it'd be neat if they became recurring characters from now on (even if they'd always be DLC).
I also hope this means they'll consider bringing the Cipher cards to the west.

I wonder if this is the last DLC we'll be seeing or if IS will make something new later on.
I still wish we could get SpotPass maps like in Awakening to recruit antagonists and stuff. I'm still salty on how much of a wasted character Massena is.

I'm guessing the reason that they're not Prf weapons is so that they can still be of use even if they die.
But yeah, you can totally give the Trainee's Lance to a Baron to give them a three-hit attack.

As much as I see people complain about the price of the DLC, I wouldn't mind more, personally. The Pre-Deliverance and Cipher DLC was very well done, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that quality.

Something I really like about Yuzu is that they gave her the arrow spell, Sagittae. While Yuzu is primarily a Samurai/Ninja in the Cipher cards, she was also once an archer:
upload_2017-6-22_15-26-45.png

So giving her Sagittae was a nice touch.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Do it! I dare you!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've never seen The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, or The Jungle Book.

I feel like an oddity.
You poor unfortunate soul. But in a way, I wanna be like you, if only so I can watch all three again for the first time. Be prepared for a good time when you do see them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom