• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mathilda is literally the second fastest unit in Alm's side
Who's the first? Forsyth.
Yes, Forsyth.
He's a Dread but he had hit 20 Spd way before promoting.

You... you have to use it...
It's a stat boosting item, just like it was in previous games

Well ****, I wasn't aware you could eat jewels in this game. Clair's gonna have some glammed up teeth then.

---------

The battle maps in Echoes are almost readily primed for exploration gameplay. They have a lot of collision.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see that the creator of Puyo Puyo is doing a crowd funder to make a new puzzle game for the 3DS & Switch.

I really don't need another puzzle game myself but best of wishes for him.

D

Deleted member

You poor unfortunate soul. But in a way, I wanna be like you, if only so I can watch all three again for the first time. Be prepared for a good time when you do see them, though.
....dammit, Opo. :laugh:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
User was warned for this post
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well ****, I wasn't aware you could eat jewels in this game. Clair's gonna have some glammed up teeth then.

---------

The battle maps in Echoes are almost readily primed for exploration gameplay. They have a lot of collision.

The character is likely wearing it
At least that's the mental image I always had when I fed one of my units a bunch of them

The collision can be seen when units get lainched into walls and stuff during combat
Still, I don't see why they're limited to StreetPass, who even uses that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just watched the Gravity Rush 2 prequel anime and I really want a full series now, lol.

It also reinforced the idea that Kat and Raven are totally girlfriends, they should just rename the series "Gravity Lesbians" tbqh. :p

D

Deleted member

Uh, the narration in Echoes before Nuibaba's Abode still refers to her as an "Arcanist"

I like how the maps can be tackled in so many different ways that it adds a lot to the replay value.
Clair taking down the BK and Cantor all by herself and lucky crits and then just Warping and Rescuing for the Dreads so the cavalry could gang on Nuibaba.
Also, lol @ Nuibaba missing all of her attacks against Delthea, I just parked her in range with a Hexlock Shield to make her waste HP on casting
Tell him he is a good boy and give him pancakes
I'm now glad that I didn't kill you before

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the Sonic stream:

Chat: "Aaron, would you kiss Big the Cat?"

Aaron: "What kind of question is that? Anyone would kiss Big the Cat. He's the best character."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uh, the narration in Echoes before Nuibaba's Abode still refers to her as an "Arcanist"

I like how the maps can be tackled in so many different ways that it adds a lot to the replay value.
Clair taking down the BK and Cantor all by herself and lucky crits and then just Warping and Rescuing for the Dreads so the cavalry could gang on Nuibaba.
Also, lol @ Nuibaba missing all of her attacks against Delthea, I just parked her in range with a Hexlock Shield to make her waste HP on casting

I'm now glad that I didn't kill you before

It's more of a general descriptor than the narrator specifically naming her class. She deals in arcane magic, so calling her an Arcanist isn't incorrect, it's just not her class name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chat: "Is Sonic Mania canon?"

Aaron: "We can't talk much about that, but we will in the future. Rest assured though, it will make sense when the game comes out".

PLEASE LET THE END OF SONIC MANIA LEAD INTO SONIC FORCES

IT'S MY BIGGEST HOPE FOR BOTH GAMES

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It's more of a general descriptor than the narrator specifically naming her class. She deals in arcane magic, so calling her an Arcanist isn't incorrect, it's just not her class name.
It's kinda like how Tobin can be a mercenary without being a Mercenary, whereas most other characters aside from the Mercenary mercenary trio (Saber, Jesse, and Kamui) can be Mercenaries but not necessarily mercenaries. I'm not sure if Deen counts as a mercenary though. He may have been a Mercenary, but he isn't a mercenary.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Looked at some of the Beyond Good and Evil 2 footage.

Looks pretty neat, and I see some more elements that are certainly Beyond Good and Evil like. Though I'm still worried it'll lose what made Beyond Good and Evil the game it was.

I'm still pretty disappointed that it's a prequel and not a continuation of Jade's story. If the game flops, we may never see a true continuation of the first game.

Regardless, I have faith in Michel Ancel. This is a game he's wanted to make for a long time, and I hope the game turns out the way he has always envisioned it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's kinda like how Tobin can be a mercenary without being a Mercenary, whereas most other characters aside from the Mercenary mercenary trio (Saber, Jesse, and Kamui) can be Mercenaries but not necessarily mercenaries. I'm not sure if Deen counts as a mercenary though. He may have been a Mercenary, but he isn't a mercenary.
Come to think of it, it's the same for Barons, since that's a title of nobility and the villagers could theoretically become Barons.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so with EO comming out tomorrow i know someoens going to complain about how its confusing so being the problem solver i am i have enacted the granfather caluse of nintendo which emans all nintendo games get the unquestioned right to any initials sorry Etrian odysse your EtO now

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Still don't understand why this is enough of a surprise to be reported on. It's not like I go into a New Super Mario Game expecting to get less levels than Super Mario World. Why is this such a big deal?
I'm not sure it's as much a surprise, as it is nice to just have the peace of mind.

Plus, the difference between this and NSMB, is that NSMB is developed by Nintendo's core studios, the same that work on the 3D Mario games. Sonic Mania is being made by an indie team of Sonic fans, so it's a different context. They would have more restrictions, particularly in the budget area.

D

Deleted member

I don't mean if it's right or wrong to call her that, just pointed it out because the narration is based off the one in original Gaiden where Nuibaba WAS an Arcanist, meaning they didn't change it.

Then again, she's a Witch in name only, really, because she doesn't have Teleport and has control over herself like the others.
Also, she's the only Witch in the game with an enemy-only spell
#TheMoreYouKnow
so with EO comming out tomorrow i know someoens going to complain about how its confusing so being the problem solver i am i have enacted the granfather caluse of nintendo which emans all nintendo games get the unquestioned right to any initials sorry Etrian odysse your EtO now
Haha you're funny
It's not like EvO will even be noticed enough for people to discuss it after Nintendo killed it themselves

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
OH GOD!
AJ IS DEAD
WHO DID THIS
WHO KILLED MY SON
@Cyndane did it. She tried to kidnap him but accidently lost him in the NASA space cadets locker room. She couldn't go back cause she was too busy admiring the slowmotion-walking astronauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom