• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Seems like Trunks was just confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ.

They went with his original design but I wouldn't be surprised if his Saiyan armor or Super design are alts.
Judging by that cap, I guess Heat Dome Attack is his Ultimate.

Oh man I hope we don't end up with too many beams as ultimates.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Seems like Trunks was just confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ.

They went with his original design but I wouldn't be surprised if his Saiyan armor or Super design are alts.
cool, gonna guess the next character is android 18

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
That Squid Sisters art! :love:
Had no idea he made all these.
Me too before I watch My Hero Academia and just saw his art blog when I search his name on the web.
This also reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's character artist Saitou, he also drew fanarts which some are good and some are NSFW. Take his Bravely Default's Agnis and Edea fanart for example, he also drew another Fire Emblem art work.

Seems that Horikoshi started as drawing fanarts and won an art contest.
That Smoker fanart is really smokin...
He also drew SJ artwork.
And yes, he obviously drew Marvel hero artworks before. I kind of want to send a commission that he redraws an artwork of Captain America: Civil War's poster. That would be epic.
An Inkling by Horikoshi:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Here's Deapool, there's one villain in My Hero Academia that I feel it got some inspiration from Deadpool:
Huh...
I'm actually a big fan of surreal arts, and Horikoshi draws surreal-anime arts. That's a huge plus for me since I obviously like most of anime artworks as well.
BTW, Horikoshi's profile avatar on the inner right side of the manga is pretty surreal as well.
That photo is taken by me, yes I have the official Chinese manga obviously

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Local man wakes up from cryogenic sleep of 7 years. Misses game that makes his theory pointless.
Screenshot_2017-06-21-17-39-31-1.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Local man wakes up from cryogenic sleep of 7 years. Misses game that makes his theory pointless.
View attachment 130942

This is only the thumbnail and I already want to shoot myself in the knee.

Does he doesn't know that the "joke" about Pokemon battle being like animal abuse is already dead since 14 years?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is only the thumbnail and I already want to shoot myself in the knee.

Does he doesn't know that the "joke" about Pokemon battle being like animal abuse is already dead since 14 years?
The joke died after Peta did that one flash game(lol @ people who still take that seriously) and the actual idea died after BW discussed the issue 7 years ago

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The joke died after Peta did that one flash game(lol @ people who still take that seriously) and the actual idea died after BW discussed the issue 7 years ago

To me, that joke was never funny to begin with.

MatPat must probably hate BW kappa, I can already see what he would say tough:

"How this stupid Pokemon game made by people who know the series better than me know what is actually true?? Ah, they must have eat too much mushroom or something LOL am I right?!?! *insert unnecessary memes here*"

Totally not based off a similar thing he said to the creator of FNAF or anything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
View attachment 130942

Still not as bad as the Rosalina theory where he flat out shows dialogue and cutscenes that debunk his own theory as he's talking about it.

------

Apparently the Cipher DLC for Echoes is out today, I can't seem to get it yet though.

D

Deleted member

Apparently the Cipher DLC for Echoes is out today, I can't seem to get it yet though.
I think it's only out in Japan(?)

The Cipher characters look cool, but way too good, all of them have great growths and crazy arts through their weapons.
Shade has an insane White Magic spell list with Freeze, Rescue, Physic and Silence.
Yuzu is basically a female Merc with a +20 crit weapon and an art that gives +10 crit and is effective against armored units. Also, access to Saggitae.
Randal/Lando also has a +20 crit weapon except his has a Brave Art... with +30 crit...
OH AND DID I MENTION EMMA HAS A SOLO TRIANGLE ATTACK THAT MAKES HER STRIKE THREE TIMES IN A ROW? BECAUSE SHE DOES. LITERALLY WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Turns out there's also a software update for FE Echoes (v1. 1), which is required to play the new DLC.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finished those DLC maps.

I solo'd the first with Clair, and tried to do the same on the second one...turns out you have to fight Shade, but you can't kill her. Oops.

Also Shade is basically the team mom. In the way Camilla should have been.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still not as bad as the Rosalina theory where he flat out shows dialogue and cutscenes that debunk his own theory as he's talking about it.

------

What are you talking about? It's totally possible for a coniferous tree to switch to a deciduous tree.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Steam Summer sale starts in about 2 hours or so.
RIP wallets

PLEASE IGNORE THIS

EDIT: I hate all of you

EDIT 2: I swear if this becomes my most liked post on this site I'm blocking all of you
So what you're saying is everyone should like it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What are you talking about? It's totally possible for a coniferous tree to switch to a deciduous tree.
To be honest I wasn't even thinking of that part, lol, I was more thinking of:

"Rosalina is left handed. She's sometimes depicted as right handed in promotional renders, but that's just right hand bias."

*shows footage of in-game cutscenes from Galaxy where Rosalina not only holds the wand in her right hand, but actually uses it*

"Rosalina was originally from the Mushroom Kingdom."

*shows footage from Galaxy where Rosalina states in plain words that her original home was the Gateway Planet. Also the storybook footage he shows clearly demonstrates the aesthetic similarities between her home in the storybook and the Gateway Planet*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, after Japan, today marks the North American version of Nintendo Badge Arcade the FINAL badge update.

Services will still continue, just no more badges will be released. Over 8,800 badges is still impressive.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

"Rosalina is left handed. She's sometimes depicted as right handed in promotional renders, but that's just right hand bias."

*shows footage of in-game cutscenes from Galaxy where Rosalina not only holds the wand in her right hand, but actually uses it*

*shows footage from Galaxy where Rosalina states in plain words that her original home was the Gateway Planet. Also the storybook footage he shows clearly demonstrates the aesthetic similarities between her home in the storybook and the Gateway Planet*
Blatant disregard for botanical biology just tended to stick with me. :p

But yeah. Like, MatPat seems like a nice enough guy outside of his show, seems to have a nice relationship with his wife, and plays a mean Empoleon in Pokken, but to say some of his videos are massive stretches is putting it lightly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

------

Matpat's Rosalina theory isn't that bad by comparison
"Ness turned into a skeleton person by going through a thing that destroys all organic matter, as bones aren't organic anymore"
"The Morph Ball is worthless, even though I won't address the improved mobility and bombs"
"Pheonix Wright hid glass and the Maya note in his pocket, which is why Gumshoe found them on the floor untouched at the scene of the crime"
"Chun Li's size differs from game to game. However, because it's convenient for me I'll pretend she only has one specific size"
"There's no Peach toy in the Mario VS DK series" *shows a Peach toy during that sentence*
"I'm going to deduct whether Inklings evolved from humans or squids by ignoring the lore saying squids and just compare the species"
"Harry Potter ISN'T the chosen one! My original theory that TOTALLY isn't canon in the books"
"Zootopia's Nighthowlers are crack"
"Metroid Fusion has a sentence that says the animal friends aren't infected by the X Parasite, I don't believe them!"
"Luigi hates Mario because he was brainwashed in Super Paper Mario, but hypnosis, something different, can only be done willingly!"
"The internet is mean to me, they even made a petition to get me off of the internet!" *shows a petition that only wants Matpat to admit his Mario is Mental video is false*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, after Japan, today marks the North American version of Nintendo Badge Arcade the FINAL badge update.

Services will still continue, just no more badges will be released. Over 8,800 badges is still impressive.
How are they handling it from now on? Can you just play for any badge you want from now on, or are they still gonna rotate the winnable badges except they don't add any new ones?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How are they handling it from now on? Can you just play for any badge you want from now on, or are they still gonna rotate the winnable badges except they don't add any new ones?
IIRC they'll still rotate.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I should've said no NEW badges. It'll just cycle through old ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair to him, I'm pretty sure he has said somewhere in the past that he's not responsible for editing the videos. Which brings other issues if true but it would explain clear contradictions like this.
That or he made the whole thing before looking up footage and decided it wasn't worth throwing away all his work until that moment, I mean, it's his job so I can understand needing the video ready for the deadline and he isn't hurting anyone with the videos so I don't mind it as long as there are people who enjoy it but I still wish he would go back to more "factual" theories as in the ones who either use physics and mathematics or parallels to real word stuff, like both of his Chrono Trigger theories which are great imo or the Melee cafe from the debug stage one and the FMA one.
FnaF and Undertale have proven he sucks at lore theories which unfortunately seems to be what he's focusing on right now

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That or he made the whole thing before looking up footage and decided it wasn't worth throwing away all his work until that moment
That's ****ing stupid. You get your footage and **** first so you can use it as evidence. Otherwise Matpat's pretty much ramming his head into a keyboard and using whatever mumbo jumbo he creates as a script.

Also I found the best Overwatch PotG

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Apparently Etika went on the deep web on stream.

Etika, I like ya, but that was incredibly stupid.
SomeOrdinaryGamers also does a video of him going in the dark web via onion( I think thats what its called) every sunday

Only difference is he is more tolerable then Etika

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be fair to him, I'm pretty sure he has said somewhere in the past that he's not responsible for editing the videos. Which brings other issues if true but it would explain clear contradictions like this.
That or he made the whole thing before looking up footage and decided it wasn't worth throwing away all his work until that moment, I mean, it's his job so I can understand needing the video ready for the deadline and he isn't hurting anyone with the videos so I don't mind it as long as there are people who enjoy it but I still wish he would go back to more "factual" theories as in the ones who either use physics and mathematics or parallels to real word stuff, like both of his Chrono Trigger theories which are great imo or the Melee cafe from the debug stage one and the FMA one.
FnaF and Undertale have proven he sucks at lore theories which unfortunately seems to be what he's focusing on right now

Yeah I know, I'm just riffing on him a bit, that's all.

Honestly his theories themselves don't bother me even if they are pretty low quality. People citing them as reputable is the annoying part, especially when it becomes widespread. That's not really his fault though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom