• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have spent all day reminiscing to the Sonic Advance 3 Soundtrack.

Help me.

I love this soundtrack too much.
Yo, I love Advance 3's soundtrack!
Yeah, I think Advance 2 is the best out of the trilogy, but A3 might have the best song quality.

My favorite level from the game is Chaos Angel (honorable mention to Sunset Hill).

Speaking of, here's a really good remix of Chaos Angel act 2 if you wanna give it a listen. It's an orchestra version:

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm too tired to post something sarcastic so I'm just going to say yes.
Look, I'm sorry and I'm tired and I'm not well with tell-tale signs and clues right now. I've had a stressful day so my alertness is off, more than usual. Gimme a break.

Anyway, I've tried all 3 runs. My fav character's probably Sans.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Look, I'm sorry and I'm tired and I'm not well with tell-tale signs and clues right now. I've had a stressful day so my alertness is off, more than usual. Gimme a break.
Yeah, alright. Its just strange question to ask me when my avatar is Chara's face. :V

Yes I have played Undertale. My favorite characters are Chara/Papyrus.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have spent all day reminiscing to the Sonic Advance 3 Soundtrack.

Help me.

I love this soundtrack too much.
I think I'm in a similar situation.
Since I am now at Hollow Bastion in KH1, I cannot stop listening to its field theme or battle theme.
Help.
I say that like it's a bad thing.
Why is Shimomura such an amazing composer?
Also why is Hollow Bastion such an amazing level?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, alright. Its just strange question to ask me when my avatar is Chara's face. :V

Yes I have played Undertale. My favorite characters are Chara/Papyrus.
I know I know. That's why I explained why I asked such a pointless question. It's because stress in my life has caused a lack of being alert.

Chara's always had intrigue to them. Due to it, I love the Chara character. I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off mini-game featuring Chara's backstory.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Sans is still my favorite character; he played wildly different roles throughout the story while still maintaining consistent motivations. Also he's cool

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I know I know. That's why I explained why I asked such a pointless question. It's because stress in my life has caused a lack of being alert.
Nah that's fine man. I ain't mad. I haven't had good sleep in almost three days so I understand.

Also I read your PM. If you need to talk, I'm just going to warn you that I'm not the most encouraging user on the board. My life isn't pretty either and my advice would be more harmful then good.

But if you want to trade tales, I'm always up to getting **** off my chest.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Personally I think Sans is a bit overrated but still cool.

Papyrus, Metaton and Undyne are awesome.

Toriel and Asgore are neat.

Don't like Alphys much.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sans is still my favorite character; he played wildly different roles throughout the story while still maintaining consistent motivations. Also he's cool
I actually have a bit of a story as to why Sans is my favorite character. Hold up. This is copy/pasted from a write-up I did about 5 months ago, with slight modifications.

I relate to Sans in many ways. Not just a few...but many.

1.) Even though puns can be cringy, I like them a lot most of the time. I've laughed at Sans' puns myself. They're so bad they're good.

2.) He wears a blue jacket. Likely, his favorite color is blue, and my favorite color is blue.

3.) Both of us are older siblings, and I care very much about my little brother (although my own brother is much smarter than Papyrus lol). If anything happened...I would freak out and never be the same.

4.) Our physique...sort of. Both of us are shorter than our brothers and have a broader shoulder width...but Sans is completely short and stocky. My build is pretty darn average, but I'm at a decent height of 5'9". If Sans were in real life...he'd probably only be just over 5 feet, since the protagonist is estimated to be 10 years old imo, and 10 year olds are normally 4'6"-5'1".

5.) Depression...this is one of the big ones. Gnoggin made a very strong theory that Sans actually suffers from depression...and it's so good that I could see that theory being accepted as fact soon enough. How he pushes himself to watch out over all possible worlds and timelines and protects others...and yet everything keeps being reset...it's made him not only tired and lazy...but also hopeless, because he can't hope that things will finally be made right...he probably didn't used to be lazy and whatever...but depression caused by the constant resets before Frisk caused this to hurt him...since he is the only one who is able to remember and see all possible time lines (aside from possibly Gaster, but eh).

6.) General emotions...on the inside, I deeply care for everybody and I am hurt when others are hurt. Even with having a stiff upper lift and putting on a smile...inside...I cry, feel a heavy burden...all of that...building up over time.
This relates to the depression point, which I have been fighting for nearly 11 months now.

7.) Perspective. Sans is probably the only character who can see multiple past time lines and alternate universes. I'm not like that in that sense, but I do my best to still see situations from all angles. It's how I think; objectivity.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Am I the only one who likes Mettaton's first form over his second form?

The name of the forms escape me.
Just Metaton.

Metaton EX is where he gets the legs.

D

Deleted member

I still haven't played Undertale TBH. Even if I did, a certain someone would murder me.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Reminder of the 3DS RPG that's coming out soon: Ever Oasis RPG Maker FES! Like Mario Maker, but RPG.

Tomorrow (Thursday) the eshop is supposed to get RPG Maker Player for free, so everyone can play rpg games other player made, and I think it includes sample games.
It’ll be the first 3DS title I’m getting since the Switch came out. Anyone else also getting it?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So the Cipher Characters are out for SoV.

I'm gonna check them out right now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Papyrus is my favorite, though Undyne and Mettaton come close.

Plus I like how they're pretty much the token boss for Snowden, Waterfall, and Hotland, respectively.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just Metaton.

Metaton EX is where he gets the legs.
Mettaton is how I've always spelled it. Its like Gannondorf. My brain always this there's another letter. Though I'm better with Ganondorf due to constant corrections.

But EX, yes, thank you.

Damn. I clearly need to play Undertale again.

And I will once we get a release date for PS4 Undertale.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I probably made a big mi$take but decided to go out and buy a Pro Controller...Have been playing a lot of multiplayer with Mario Kart and Arms lately sometimes with a third person sitting out...it's also good to have two 'proper' controllers for two players...

Impressions so far, it feels pretty good in my hands...ABXY buttons are bigger so at first it felt weird to adjust from the Joy-cons but over time I didn't notice second analog stick is now in a much more convenient position though once again have to adjust from the Joy-cons, but it's not really a huge deal since neither Arms or Mario Kart really take advantage of the second Joy-stick...

The joy-sticks are also bigger, the same size as the Wii U...no notches like the Gamecube unfortunately, but it allows for more free ranged movement at least...

One of my main complaints with the Joy-cons was the small triggers, and the Pro Controller's triggers are significantly larger to fit both my index and middle fingers a lot better...Not analog but that's only useful for a few games but still it's nice to have the option...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mettaton is how I've always spelled it. Its like Gannondorf. My brain always this there's another letter. Though I'm better with Ganondorf due to constant corrections.

But EX, yes, thank you.

Damn. I clearly need to play Undertale again.

And I will once we get a release date for PS4 Undertale.
Actually I think you're right. Fairly certain it's Mettaton and not Metaton.

The latter just looks wrong to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Noooo, don't bring peace and 'armony to the thread. I prefer the fighting.
That's ironic considering your avatar character loves fighting.

Now one of the animators for the anime made a pretty plot heavy animation:

Do note this test animation contains big sun and moon spoilers if you haven't beaten the main story.

Also note that:

According to the tweet this was a test animation while they figure out how to handle lusamine in the show and may or may not happen. Probably won't go down like this if it does happen, but I hope something similar occurs.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So apparently the Fire Emblem Cipher character Lando's name has been changed to Randal. All the others are the same.

Also, I like their English voices so far. Haven't heard Yuzu or Shade's yet, but Emma and Randal's are good.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Somebody please educate me:

What are... "Eyeteeth"?

I'm not sure if I want to know.

D

Deleted member

Somebody please educate me:

What are... "Eyeteeth"?

I'm not sure if I want to know.
Eyeteeth are your upper canines.

Unless you're talking about the literal definition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
"pretty okay" :ness2: I see what you did there!

What was your favorite area or part of the game?
Giygas and the praying to defeat him...

I really like it when games bring it back like that.

1 fuzzy pickle :ness:
2 wasted counts for the bob-omb thread.

Speaking of which, Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs go break the bob-omb count.

Personally, I feel like Earthbound is more of a game that values the "experience" more than the actual gameplay. What I mean is that the story, journey and the quirky characters are the focus, and the gameplay is there to justify it being a game.
I never felt like the combat was very engaging, there isn't much variety and it basically resumes to "attack and heal" when everyone in your party focuses on DPS, only Paula has healing skills and status effects are useless.
And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that, Undertale knew exactly what made EB good but, unfortunately, when you've been spoiled of literally the whole game, it kinda loses some of its value.
I still had some fun with the game because despite having been spoiled, I was still able to experience the journey.

That's probably true, but in a game, the gameplay is inherently a part of the experience, no matter how much you try to argue otherwise...

So for me the gameplay can ruin the experience just a little bit for me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom