• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There are three ways you can discern from this:

1: All you mentioned was about Reggie not playing a single Nintendo game. After the ensuing talk afterwards after I said that I considered "Pressing buttons on a game controller using your own fingers" as playing, you said about it allows you to be counted as an Overwatch player. Just because a person plays doesn't mean they are a player. If a person has played for a couple of minutes only and hasn't played since then, are they really a player? After all, all I confirmed was that Reggie did play a Nintendo game in his life. I didn't say he was a player.

2: A person who has tried playing with the ladies, but can't play good enough and failed everytime, so they can't be a player if they kept failing to play the ladies.

3:
Replace "cheated" with "played". Obviously you can't be a player if you keep failing to play people.

There is not enough aspirin and caffeine in all the world for me to untangle this tonight.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pardon my ignorance but why do stuff like movies and Capcom have issues who can use which characters/series but yet the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game pretty much had every Marvel character under the sun?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Pardon my ignorance but why do stuff like movies and Capcom has issues who can use which characters/series but yet the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game pretty much had every Marvel character under the sun?
Marvel sold the rights to their characters back to various studios in the mid 90s when they were in danger of bankruptcy. They have access to all of them back except for the Fantastic Four, X-Men and possibly Namor. No one knows what the hell is going on with Namor.
For Marvel vs Capcom, it's a pissing match between Ike Perlmutter the head of Marvel's non movie sections and various Fox executives.
Lego it's really easy for them to make new characters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pardon my ignorance but why do stuff like movies and Capcom has issues who can use which characters/series but yet the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game pretty much had every Marvel character under the sun?
The movies situation is easier to explain. At least with those, certain IPs within the larger Marvel umbrella have the movie rights to things like X-Men and Fantastic 4 Belonging to Fox. Sony managed to cut a deal though with Spider-Man.

The Capcom thing is likely them doing what Marvel is telling them to do. It's that the higher ups want a focus on the characters that give them the most cash. Since at some point Marvel has been sandbagging the whole X-Men franchise lately, while they've been pushing Inhumans and Carol Danvers REALLY ****ING HARD. Despite the fact that X-Men is one of the recognizable comic properties of all time.

I don't know, most of Marvel's modern comics haven't been too great at the moment. But Spider-Man/Deadpool and Daredevil are pretty cool.

Robertman2 Robertman2 said it best. It's a pissing match even though the fans don't give THAT much of a ****.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
oh no. BotW is one of those "alright ill finish ater i just do HEY WHAT'S THAT" games to the extreme

help
Congratulations!

You are now a prisoner for the next 200+ hours or so...

----

Btw is it September 15th yet?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Finally got enough red great badges to turn Eirika into a 5 star. Now I just need 10 more of all colours to make Serra, Anna, Alphonse and Shareena 5 star units.

D

Deleted member

There are three ways you can discern from this:

1: All you mentioned was about Reggie not playing a single Nintendo game. After the ensuing talk afterwards after I said that I considered "Pressing buttons on a game controller using your own fingers" as playing, you said about it allows you to be counted as an Overwatch player. Just because a person plays doesn't mean they are a player. If a person has played for a couple of minutes only and hasn't played since then, are they really a player? After all, all I confirmed was that Reggie did play a Nintendo game in his life. I didn't say he was a player.

2: A person who has tried playing with the ladies, but can't play good enough and failed everytime, so they can't be a player if they kept failing to play the ladies.

3:
Replace "cheated" with "played". Obviously you can't be a player if you keep failing to play people.
Don't attack my boyfr-I mean man friend, friend that's a man.

The point is that it's my job, no one else's.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well stepfather is still not home yet. That probably means he's out drinking again.

Gonna have to prepare for some more yelling and fighting

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Don't attack my boyfr-I mean man friend, friend that's a man.

The point is that it's my job, no one else's.
But.....I wasn't? :confused: Can't be attacking if I was never on the offensive. *shot dead for too much meme*

In less bloody news, I found out in FEHeroes that you don't need to get a character to Lv.40 in order to find their IV. :happysheep: Or at least, for 4* and lower characters. You just need to get them to Level 20, then look at their starting stats for the next * Level. Thank goodness cause I had way too many low level characters that I did not want to level to 40.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my kart game's roster has been cut in half now.

It's a roster of exclusively heavy racers spanning from movies, comics, video games and tv shows.

It's 34 racers
  1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Samus Aran
  4. Barney the Dinosaur
  5. Freddy Fazbear
  6. Optimus Prime
  7. Bane
  8. Darkseid
  9. Big Bird
  10. Xenomorph
  11. Jason Voorhees
  12. Reptar
  13. Solaire
  14. Big Daddy
  15. Greymon
  16. Exodia
  17. Bowser
  18. Donkey Kong
  19. Wario
  20. Charizard
  21. Blastoise
  22. Machamp
  23. Snorlax
  24. Mewtwo
  25. Pyramid Head
  26. Ganondorf
  27. Dr. Eggman
  28. Nemesis
  29. Trenchy
  30. Thanos
  31. Galactus
  32. Gilgamesh
  33. Estark
  34. Bjorn
I am considering adding a couple more if anyone has any ideas. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It's a roster of exclusively heavy racers spanning from movies, comics, video games and tv shows.

It's 34 racers
  1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Samus Aran
  4. Barney the Dinosaur
  5. Freddy Fazbear
  6. Optimus Prime
  7. Bane
  8. Darkseid
  9. Big Bird
  10. Xenomorph
  11. Jason Voorhees
  12. Reptar
  13. Solaire
  14. Big Daddy
  15. Greymon
  16. Exodia
  17. Bowser
  18. Donkey Kong
  19. Wario
  20. Charizard
  21. Blastoise
  22. Machamp
  23. Snorlax
  24. Mewtwo
  25. Pyramid Head
  26. Ganondorf
  27. Dr. Eggman
  28. Nemesis
  29. Trenchy
  30. Thanos
  31. Galactus
  32. Gilgamesh
  33. Estark
  34. Bjorn
If you want another Zelda character, Darunia works as another racer. Also, what better heavy video game character to have as a racer than THE Heavy? :p

Maybe Hulk or Groot to compliment Thanos, too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you want another Zelda character, Darunia works as another racer. Also, what better heavy video game character to have as a racer than THE Heavy? :p

Maybe Hulk or Groot to compliment Thanos, too.
I just added Heavy actually. lol

Also Hulk is a good idea.
Also also if you or anyone doesn't know who Bjorn is he's
this guy from Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

It's 34 racers
  1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Samus Aran
  4. Barney the Dinosaur
  5. Freddy Fazbear
  6. Optimus Prime
  7. Bane
  8. Darkseid
  9. Big Bird
  10. Xenomorph
  11. Jason Voorhees
  12. Reptar
  13. Solaire
  14. Big Daddy
  15. Greymon
  16. Exodia
  17. Bowser
  18. Donkey Kong
  19. Wario
  20. Charizard
  21. Blastoise
  22. Machamp
  23. Snorlax
  24. Mewtwo
  25. Pyramid Head
  26. Ganondorf
  27. Dr. Eggman
  28. Nemesis
  29. Trenchy
  30. Thanos
  31. Galactus
  32. Gilgamesh
  33. Estark
  34. Bjorn
Add Goku and The Duane.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Out of both morbid curiosity and inspiration from a friend, I took a dive into the weird world of Dream Mix TV Fighters. For those not in the know, it's an odd smash-like game featuring characters from Konami, Hudson, Takara (toy company in Japan). You literally have characters like Snake and Simon Belmont squaring up with the likes of Optimus Prime and the kid from BeyBlade. It's hard to say if it's actually a good game but it's a neat curiosity at least.

Come see my Snake and Simon :denzel:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Hm this sounded kind of dumb at first, but this is actually kind of neat.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You can literally change DS to 3DS and 3DS to Switch and the sentence still applies
True, but both 3DS and DS are handheld whereas Switch is a hybrid console. And once again... 3DS can play DS games, Switch games you can only play Switch games and not even virtual console games for now.
I still don't think a Console Main Pokemon game will work like the handheld ones
Yeah, sure the Switch has wireless and you can technically bring it anywhere but what parent in their right mind will let their child go around with a $300 tablet-sized machine? It won't work how the games were initially designed to be: easy to bring anywhere and play with others.
That's really up to how Gamefreak make the game if they want to make a main Pokemon game on the Switch. I'm sure when they announce it Switch will have some price drop.
Also, regarding LWA
It's really hard to tell what is episode 25 going to be, chances are it can still go in a tragic way. I hope it can be mixed that it will be tragic at first but all that ends well.
LWA is a very different anime by TRIGGER, despite we see TRIGGER's track record shows us that they don't really make seasons and usually just moved on. LWA is probably the anime that TRIGGER promotes the most, at least in Japan. Remember that LWA started as a kickstarter project and funded around the world. The TV anime series is really well-received, so I highly doubt TRIGGER will just let all of those go away. They can still work on new projects while continuing making LWA spin-offs.In my opinion, LWA really has the potential of being a long running anime.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Holy crud!! How did you find out?? Until now, I couldn't find ANY of the voice actors for PW 64!

Freakazoid is one of THE hallmarks of Warner Bros. Animation and (IMO) animation in general in the 1990's!

You....lucky.....son of a gun.....Gosh darn it....
I found out by accident when I was searching for interesting Pilotwings 64 stuff. She has a Wikipedia page if you're interested.

Oh. I just remembered that someone did a music medley of some of the SNES Pilotwings tracks and they had people voice both Tony and Shirley. (It's in Japanese, but they're just saying dialogue from the game.) Here's the link:
https://tmbox.net/pl/1013269

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Hm this sounded kind of dumb at first, but this is actually kind of neat.
It still sounds dumb, especially from "Hey guys, I'm gonna 100% ignore the lore for this theory the lore answers", "I didn't even beat the second case for Ace Attorney but I know EEFRYTINK!" and "I know Metroid Fusion answers this with a single sentence BHT WHAT IF IT DIDN'T!?!?!" Game Theorists.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I managed to beat Arms Grand Prix Level 7....I got to the Hedlock battle and....HOLY CRAP IT WAS BRUTAL!!!!!!
I then found a new love for the Dragon and Ram Ram combination, cuz it allows me to keep my distance while still applying pressure...
But it's safe to say that I'm starting to get better at the game...

I've been putting it off for a bit but I decided to go for a couple ranked matches as well...So far I haven't lost a round, everyone I'm playing against is being way too aggressive and I'm just able to dodge and punish pretty much everything they're throwing at me...Arms is a very bait and punish heavy game, just going in guns blazing isn't the best strategy...

Ivander

Smash Legend
My Horse Emblem team is almost complete. Thanks to pulling a Lon'qu from my latest pull, I can now give my Camus the Fury/Vantage combo. :grin: And I also gave him Bonfire due to the many Robins I have. :shades: Now all I need to do is get SP for my Camus so he can learn them. And oh boy, it'll be a looooooooong time before I get all of them due to training Camus as a 4* rather than a 3*. But it'll be very worth it when I do get him his skills. :demon:

Chrono.

It still sounds dumb, especially from "Hey guys, I'm gonna 100% ignore the lore for this theory the lore answers", "I didn't even beat the second case for Ace Attorney but I know EEFRYTINK!" and "I know Metroid Fusion answers this with a single sentence BHT WHAT IF IT DIDN'T!?!?!" Game Theorists.
It's a parody video.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Reading the comment sections there actually seems to be quite a bit of people that don't know what a parody is

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm really really considering streaming the entire Metroid Franchise in chronological order up until the release of Metroid: Samus Returns.

Like, Metroid: Zero Mission -> Prime Trilogy -> Metroid II -> Super Metroid -> Other M -> Fusion. Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to do. Would you guys be interested in that sort of thing? Just want to ask.

Edit: I guess I'd also throw Federation Force in there somewhere as well...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ugh. Has anyone here had a sinus infection so bad that it makes your eyes strain extremely easily?

That + constant headaches have made it nearly impossible to work. And at a time where I need to more than ever, no less...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm really really considering streaming the entire Metroid Franchise in chronological order up until the release of Metroid: Samus Returns.

Like, Metroid: Zero Mission -> Prime Trilogy -> Metroid II -> Super Metroid -> Other M -> Fusion. Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to do. Would you guys be interested in that sort of thing? Just want to ask.

Edit: I guess I'd also throw Federation Force in there somewhere as well...
Do it.

Ugh. Has anyone here had a sinus infection so bad that it makes your eyes strain extremely easily?

That + constant headaches have made it nearly impossible to work. And at a time where I need to more than ever, no less...
It's been a while, but yes.

Honestly most of my eye strain is from sleep deprivation. You keeping up with that?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Out of both morbid curiosity and inspiration from a friend, I took a dive into the weird world of Dream Mix TV Fighters. For those not in the know, it's an odd smash-like game featuring characters from Konami, Hudson, Takara (toy company in Japan). You literally have characters like Snake and Simon Belmont squaring up with the likes of Optimus Prime and the kid from BeyBlade. It's hard to say if it's actually a good game but it's a neat curiosity at least.

Come see my Snake and Simon :denzel:
I heard about that game. Never played it though. Half of the roster is actually really hype.

Try that **** on my Optimus and Bomberman. :yeahboi:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Not as well as I could be, for...complicated reasons, but I'm getting roughly 6 to 6 1/2 hours a night.
Seems fine enough, but it could also be that the sinus infection is making the sleep you are getting less effective. That happens to me a fair bit too; house is old and full of mold, get more opportunistic infections than average.

You ever wake up mid-sleep? Nose clogged to hell in the morning? Snoring a thing? All signs. None conclusive, but all suggestive.

Probably want to hydrate for the headache too, though that almost goes without saying.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today I ****ed Up: I clicked a TVTropes link.
I was like: "One page and then I go out"
16 open tabs later Im fine with getting whooped by trivia; Who knew that the VA of Corrector Yui is also the voice of Kirby?

Poyo!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Today I ****ed Up: I clicked a TVTropes link.
I was like: "One page and then I go out"
16 open tabs later Im fine with getting whooped by trivia; Who knew that the VA of Corrector Yui is also the voice of Kirby?

Poyo!
TvTrope Will Ruin Your Life, it's just too damn good.

Long live TvTrope.

D

Deleted member

Morning guys.
Despite it being my first day of the summer vacation, I'm actually not doing anything too special... Just grinding my Fire Emblem Awakening units, which is something I've been doing alot in the past couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be done with most of my army today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom