• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh we doing DBFZ roster predictions? I actually expect the roster to be on the shorter side.

That said

- SSGSS Goku (I really don't see God Goku not making it in somehow, especially when it's practically his new default form)
- Ultimate Gohan
- Piccolo
- Krillin
- Ginyu (I can actually see the Ginyu Force being implemented into his moveset)
- Hercule
- Videl/Sayawoman
- Roshi
- Beerus
- Gotenks
- Future Trunks (already kinda confirmed)
- Broly
- Bardock
- Cabba
- Hit
- Goku Black w/ Zamasu

Other characters I could see making it in but don't think have as high of a chance:
- Tien
- Yamcha
- Whis
- Chi Chi (teen Chi Chi from late DB)
- Saibamen
- SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta
- Kid Goku (DB)
- Kid Gohan
- Super or Kid Buu (mostly Kid Buu)
- Baby Vegeta
- Omega Shenron
- Bulma in some sort of mech (bear with me here)

Where I'm kinda eh with is with the GT characters. I kinda doubt any of them will show up, and if they do, kinda feel like they'll be DLC. Just a hunch.
YO! I didn't even think about Sayawoman! She could totally be some sort of Dragon Install for Videl! My desire for Videl was already high, but now I really need this.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pegasus Knights could use swords in FE1, so that explains Palla and Caeda. Faye did come a bit out of nowhere, though, but better that than yet another sword unit or ineffective healer, I think.
Interesting, I've never played the first game so I didn't know that.

D

Deleted member

People have always gotten mugged for their gaming systems and they've spent the past half a decade getting mugged for a whole lot more expensive things with or without Pokemon Go's help. It's unfortunate and something to heavily keep in mind but it's not even remotely unique in that aspect.

Without a camera or anything like Streetpass for that matter built into the system I doubt there will be any Nintendo Switch game that warrants flashing it triumphantly in public the way Pokemon Go does, people will just put the Switch into their bags and try to keep an eye on it and it'll be at the same risk as any other handheld.

Again, what kinds of pockets do people have? I want these pockets. I'm a grown woman and my pants pockets will leave an original model 3DS hanging out in full "steal me" fashion. And those are the back pockets that no one in their right mind would put that in, it hangs downright precariously out the front.
Handhelds are easy to hide because they're small, a Switch is bigger than a normal sized tablet
I mean, yeah, you can put it in your bag but that's not the point here.

And women's pants have always had smaller or useless pockets.
My 3DS XL fits perfectly in my pocket
Not to mention the major reason for Pokémon Go's decline in popularity was the removal of the tracker and not the muggings/stabbings/shootings, which also happened when school started back up and the weather was getting worse for a lot of the US. A perfect storm, really. Nothing to do with the muggings.
The tracker was the final water drop, before that, many people were already dropping it due to increasing numbers of news reporting the Pokemon GO-related thefts. The decrease in number of people in the streets with a phone in their hand was very noticeable.
Also, school may have had an effect for the northern hemisphere but in the south it obviously had no effect at all(in fact I'm willing to bet school actually helped its popularity here)
Pegasus Knights could use swords in FE1, so that explains Palla and Caeda. Faye did come a bit out of nowhere, though, but better that than yet another sword unit or ineffective healer, I think.
Faye could have brought a new gimmick with support staves, Rescue would have been pretty cool

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Handhelds are easy to hide because they're small, a Switch is bigger than a normal sized tablet
I mean, yeah, you can put it in your bag but that's not the point here.

And women's pants have always had smaller or useless pockets.
My 3DS XL fits perfectly in my pocket

The tracker was the final water drop, before that, many people were already dropping it due to increasing numbers of news reporting the Pokemon GO-related thefts. The decrease in number of people in the streets with a phone in their hand was very noticeable.
Also, school may have had an effect for the northern hemisphere but in the south it obviously had no effect at all(in fact I'm willing to bet school actually helped its popularity here)

Faye could have brought a new gimmick with support staves, Rescue would have been pretty cool

Thinking of it that way almost makes me see the situation as a gender issue, LOL.

When women have to endure sexism from pants manufacturers and adapt, who's the one to survive when Nintendo thinks a little bigger?

But now that I'm thinking in containers I have another experiment to try. Fanny pack: DOES IT WORK?!

. . .

LOL wow that's pretty much a perfect fit. The Switch fits in my fanny pack like a glove.

. . .The fanny pack needs a little cleaning, though.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
And completely break the game even further.

- Reinhardt nukes someone
- Faye rescues him
- Olivia #1 refreshes Reinhardt
- Reinhardt nukes someone else
- Olivia #2 refreshes Faye
- Faye rescues Reinhardt again so the enemy can't touch him

Sure, it'd be cool, but I doubt many people want to face off against a Reinhardt who can delete half their team in a single turn. :p At least in most other games you don't have the possibility of two dancers.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>le me walks into customer service
>guy in front of me in line is mad
>the man yells out, "Boy, you are a HUNDRED POUNDS of stupid!"
>the boy behind the desk breaks down crying
>the woman at the ATM starts degrading the man.
>a random child streaks past screaming his head off while waving an American flag in his hand
>the ATM makes an error message that can be heard from the moon
>a woman somewhere in the store screams
>le me

Who needs to watch Nichijou when I can just go to Wal-Mart? :4gaw:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For the most part I agree though. Micaiah and Sothe seem like locks, as does a Black Knight Grand Hero Battle. The last two could be any combination of other Dawn Brigade members, Nephenee, and Ike wielding Urvan.
So I think when Radiant Dawn finally gets a summon dealy for Heroes it's 4 heroes will be: Green Mage Micaiah, Green Axe Ike, Blue Mage Pelleas and Grey Thief Sothe. With a special map to get Black Knight.
I'm almost 100% sure Ike will always use Swords in all his versions in Heroes, barring gag versions.(i.e the spring and bride characters)

If anyone will get Urvan, it will be Greil.
I'm almost certain Micaiah would be a blue mage and not green. She'll definitely have Thani, and Linde's light tome, Aura, is blue. It's not as set in stone as Dark=Red, but Light=Blue may very well be a continuing trend.
Considering we have only two light tomes in Heroes, and they're both different colors, I don't think we can say there's even close to anything resembling a trend.

I also am skeptical it Micaiah will get Thani or not. It's her game's version of a rapier, and Heroes hasn't really had any characters using those. On the other hand, Micaiah doesn't really have a legendary weapon to call her own, so who knows.

Or maybe they'll just make her a healer. :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The 3.0 Switch update also adds supports for the Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad.

And I don't mean just support for the Pokkén Tournament DX game like they did with Wii U, you can use it for EVERYTHING!

Just a reminder said controller lacks Home button, analog sticks, and Share button.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I saw Dragon Ball Fighterz rosters, might as well come up with mine.

The 6 we have currently (Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and Majin Buu)
Piccolo
Krillin
Future Trunks
Tien
Yamcha
Hercule
Beerus
Gotenks
Android 17
Android 18
Kid Buu or Super Buu
Ginyu
I really don't know anything about Super, so I guess a few who have large roles in Super?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
smashkirby smashkirby I just found out who did Kiwi's voice in Pilotwings 64. It's a woman named Sherry Lynn who specializes in little girl roles in animation/video games. (By the way, who do you think would be good VA's for the SNES characters?)
Holy crud!! How did you find out?? Until now, I couldn't find ANY of the voice actors for PW 64!

So I just found a show called Freakazoid.

And let me tell you:

How in the bloody hell did I not find this show until today?!:gw:

Holy Boat, it's amazing!!
Freakazoid is one of THE hallmarks of Warner Bros. Animation and (IMO) animation in general in the 1990's!

HOLY **** MY PARENTS JUST BOUGHT ME A SWITCH OUT OF NOWHERE

they were dissapointed i didnt ask for anything for christmas and wound up returning what they got (kind of a **** move but that ****s expensive and i wasnt going to use it).

I mentioned i was buying a switch in a few months and they found one in a week.

If i i wasnt busy this week this would be amazing, but it's still super duper cool
:happysheep:
You....lucky.....son of a gun.....Gosh darn it....

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sleep intermission.

Time for some conversation.

Again, what kinds of pockets do people have? I want these pockets. I'm a grown woman and my pants pockets will leave an original model 3DS hanging out in full "steal me" fashion. And those are the back pockets that no one in their right mind would put that in, it hangs downright precariously out the front.
Mine does actually fit in the front pocket of most of my pants. Maybe not the tighter jeans.

I think that's one part a men's pants/women's pants discrepancy (seriously, y'all get absurdly tiny pockets, I don't get it) and one part my pants.

Doesn't make it a pain to not carry a 3DS in them mind, just makes it doable.

Except for my shorts, can pack a whole overnight kit in those.

Not to mention the major reason for Pokémon Go's decline in popularity was the removal of the tracker and not the muggings/stabbings/shootings, which also happened when school started back up and the weather was getting worse for a lot of the US. A perfect storm, really. Nothing to do with the muggings.
Wouldn't say nothing. Was definitely not nothing, especially if you played anywhere you suspected it might occur.

Would say it was one more factor in a whole pile of factors though.

And now back to our regularly scheduled -

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>le me walks into customer service
>guy in front of me in line is mad
>the man yells out, "Boy, you are a HUNDRED POUNDS of stupid!"
>the boy behind the desk breaks down crying
>the woman at the ATM starts degrading the man.
>a random child streaks past screaming his head off while waving an American flag in his hand
>the ATM makes an error message that can be heard from the moon
>a woman somewhere in the store screams
>le me

Who needs to watch Nichijou when I can just go to Wal-Mart? :4gaw:
Reading stuff like this makes me wonder whether I dodged a few bullets in my time or. . .

Or if I was the Wal-Mart crazy all along. :drsad:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hope Fire Emblem Heroes will add a bunch of characters in the 3 and 4 star pools and retire some of the old Fates and Awakening characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm almost 100% sure Ike will always use Swords in all his versions in Heroes, barring gag versions.(i.e the spring and bride characters)

If anyone will get Urvan, it will be Greil.

Considering we have only two light tomes in Heroes, and they're both different colors, I don't think we can say there's even close to anything resembling a trend.

I also am skeptical it Micaiah will get Thani or not. It's her game's version of a rapier, and Heroes hasn't really had any characters using those. On the other hand, Micaiah doesn't really have a legendary weapon to call her own, so who knows.

Or maybe they'll just make her a healer. :troll:
I don't think Ike getting Urvan is out of the question, honestly. He got it in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. as a sub weapon, so they're not against him using it, I'd imagine. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So folks, here's a question. When I beat the games on my list, which Fire Emblem game should I start next?

Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Reading stuff like this makes me wonder whether I dodged a few bullets in my time or. . .

Or if I was the Wal-Mart crazy all along. :drsad:
Cori, you're the last person I'd expect to be the tomato in that mirror.

Although that would make a pretty punchy reveal...

Someone get Shyamalan.

So folks, here's a question. When I beat the games on my list, which Fire Emblem game should I start next?

Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem as in FE7?

Because that gets my vote.

Ivander

Smash Legend
We're talking about FEHeroes? Let's talk about things FEHeroes needs at some point:

-Killer/Brave Daggers.
-The Dual weapons from Fates. The ones that reverse the Weapon Triangle, like Swords being strong against Lances, Axes being strong against Swords, and Lances being strong against Axes. Those plus a skill like them would certainly shake the Meta. Especially for Axe/Green Tome users as there are plenty of Sword/Red Tome characters and a skill/Weapon that reverses the Weapon Triangle would greatly help Axe users against some of the more common Sword users.
-A Staff made for attacking. Maybe a Blade Staff or a Staff with innate Wrathful Staff. Give Healers their much needed rise to power.
-Silence Staff. Considering how prominent Tomes are, Silence, especially combined with Dazzling Staff, would certainly help against Tomes.
-Kodachi/Javalin/Hand Axe. Certainly no where near as strong as Raijinto/Siegfried/Ragnell/Gradivus, but it's be nice to have Inheritable weapons with innate Distant Counter.

D

Deleted member

Hasn't been a week and I've already forgot about about this website again.
Today was my final day of school (until September that is) which means I have much more time to be here. I hope I won't forget about that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't think Ike getting Urvan is out of the question, honestly. He got it in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. as a sub weapon, so they're not against him using it, I'd imagine. :p
I haven't played Codename Steam, but IDK if that really should be an indicator of how he'll appear in Heroes. Am I right in assuming that Urvan is just one of several weapons Ike can wield in Codename Steam? Heroes has never had anything like that, so I don't think that should be seen as a precedent.

Besides, we have a jillion Falchion users in the game. What's wrong with two Ragnell users? :p

Fire Emblem
My preference would be for FE7. However, be prepared for the awful tutorials in Lyn mode if you've never played.

D

Deleted member

Thinking of it that way almost makes me see the situation as a gender issue, LOL.

When women have to endure sexism from pants manufacturers and adapt, who's the one to survive when Nintendo thinks a little bigger?

But now that I'm thinking in containers I have another experiment to try. Fanny pack: DOES IT WORK?!

. . .

LOL wow that's pretty much a perfect fit. The Switch fits in my fanny pack like a glove.

. . .The fanny pack needs a little cleaning, though.
I don't get why women's pants have such small pockets though
Like, I get that we live in a society where clothing is gendered but why are pockets gendered too?
And completely break the game even further.

- Reinhardt nukes someone
- Faye rescues him
- Olivia #1 refreshes Reinhardt
- Reinhardt nukes someone else
- Olivia #2 refreshes Faye
- Faye rescues Reinhardt again so the enemy can't touch him

Sure, it'd be cool, but I doubt many people want to face off against a Reinhardt who can delete half their team in a single turn. :p At least in most other games you don't have the possibility of two dancers.
Alright, **** it, just give me Warp and Freeze at least

Fire Emblem
FE7
You need to learn about our Lord and Savior Hector

Just look up a save with Lyn's Mode completed if you don't want those tutorial stages(though that'd severely hurt pretty much every unit Lyn gets) but I'd say they're doable in your first run.
Brave Daggers.
NO
O

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Fire Emblem
Go for FE7. You need to know about everyone's favourite Lady Lyn.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
-A Staff made for attacking. Maybe a Blade Staff or a Staff with innate Wrathful Staff. Give Healers their much needed rise to power.
-Silence Staff. Considering how prominent Tomes are, Silence, especially combined with Dazzling Staff, would certainly help against Tomes.
I think something like Assault should have always done full damage in the first place. As for the status staves, they shouldn't have triggered counter-attacks in the first place. If they had to make them not deal damage at all, then so be it - not like you're using them to deal damage in the first place, anyway. Maybe leave Pain as it is right now, since in that case you are using it for damage. I don't like them adding skills like Wrathful and Dazzling Staff, since it indicates that they see a problem with the attack/status staves, but that they don't plan to actually address it for whatever reason, and are just taking the lazy way out. And now that they exist, it's hard for them to change anything without putting out the people who already have those skills.

-Kodachi/Javalin/Hand Axe. Certainly no where near as strong as Raijinto/Siegfried/Ragnell/Gradivus, but it's be nice to have Inheritable weapons with innate Distant Counter.
I can see those working as ranged weapons, personally, not just regular weapons with Distant Counter built in. But either way would be fine.

Another thing I want to see are Poleaxes and Ridersbanes and Longswords. Right now the -wolf tomes are the only anti-cavalry weapons in the game, and two of those are restricted to GHB units, so if you missed those you only have access to the red one. It would also give people a reason to actually use Grani's Shield on Camus; right now it's kind of useless. I'm surprised they haven't been in the game since the start, actually, especially considering how they included the full set of anti-armour weapons (sure, there aren't any anti-armour tomes, but armour units mostly have bad Res anyway).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Fire Emblem
The best one, of course. Radiant Dawn.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't played Codename Steam, but IDK if that really should be an indicator of how he'll appear in Heroes. Am I right in assuming that Urvan is just one of several weapons Ike can wield in Codename Steam? Heroes has never had anything like that, so I don't think that should be seen as a precedent.

Besides, we have a jillion Falchion users in the game. What's wrong with two Ragnell users? :p

My preference would be for FE7. However, be prepared for the awful tutorials in Lyn mode if you've never played.
Each character has a primary and secondary weapon in Codename STEAM, including the Fire Emblem crew.

Marth has Falchion and a Rapier.
Ike has Ragnell and Urvan.
Robin has a Levin Sword and a Thunder Tome (can't remember the specific tier of the spell though).
Lucina has Parallel Falchion and Nidhogg.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm just surprised people still care about that game. It was boring as ****.
I mean, I cared about it for quite a while, but I do admit it got repetitive after about a week or two (this was a couple of years ago). Either way, I wouldn't mind if there was a sequel to Tomodachi Life that would help to extend the amount of time I'd play it for, although I suppose Miitopia will do for the time being when that releases. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom