• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just because I'm in a music mood, if you were chosen to add in a new character from a game series not yet in Smash Bros. and you chose a character from a game series simply for it's music, which game series would you choose?

I pick Monster Hunter. And I'd make sure there is music from both the main series and Frontier.
So much good music. :shades: Truly a series I would put in Smash just for the music. It's so good. :shades: Can't wait for what the Hunter's theme in MvCI will be and sound like.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
@MF Viewtiful @wedl!! and a couple others got together to play and watch Tekken 7
Before anyone asks, no I'm not talking, and the person streaming didn't record their mic, so if you're paying attention to any of the conversations, they'll be incomplete.

If anyone else has Tekken 7 on PC, they should totally join us. Game is super fun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Orcs are kind of funny if E3 is anything to go by.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Worst case scenario it bombs harder than OUYA.
That's pretty much the case for any new console...

but at this point we know nothing about it...except that it has a wood-like finish on it or something...Could look neat but consoles don't sell based on their appearance...

This reminds me, I'm quite surprised that Apple hasn't tried to make a gaming console yet...the iPlay or iGame or something...Then again so many people just use the iPad for gaming, so there's not much point...

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
@smashkirby I just found out who did Kiwi's voice in Pilotwings 64. It's a woman named Sherry Lynn who specializes in little girl roles in animation/video games. (By the way, who do you think would be good VA's for the SNES characters?)

Chrono.

That's pretty much the case for any new console...

but at this point we know nothing about it...except that it has a wood-like finish on it or something...Could look neat but consoles don't sell based on their appearance...

This reminds me, I'm quite surprised that Apple hasn't tried to make a gaming console yet...the iPlay or iGame or something...Then again so many people just use the iPad for gaming, so there's not much point...
Yeah I really doubt they care about the console market when mobile games are doing so well.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We can Invert colours or set to Greyscale....that's pretty wild...

Hold on, going to go beat Ganon with inverted colours....
Be sure to take a screenshot of it and also tag it as spoilers.
Only texts in this video but it is pretty informative, be sure to check it out.
Once again, when it comes to "third party titles on Switch now" and "Switch doesn't need third party titles" or "It will come later". I'm pretty much in all of these categories but not always stick to them. I want Switch to have third party titles asap but we shouldn't demand for crappy ports like how Wii U got during it's launch. So SuperMetalDave saying Switch is making the same mistakes as the Wii U is incorrect, I would at least concern that Switch might have the same problem as the Wii U because when it comes to Wii U's failure it's more than just lack of third party support. He did mention Wii U have third party titles at first be he kid of moves on with and not realizing that most of third party games on the Wii U didn't sell well because it was hard to develop or just rushed. He said even N64 have more games in it's first year than the Switch was also absurd... 1996 and 1997 the big games N64 get were only Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64... please correct me if I'm wrong by the way, I'm seeing this on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games
And he didn't even mention once about Nintendo 3DS, where it doesn't have much third party ports but it got third party exclusives, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon
Look, I already said I have mixed reception on Nintendo's E3 presentation, but I'm not like those who jumps the gun by saying Switch is not getting third party support.
As to why I still sub to this guy, this comment pretty much speaks it all:
I'm going to continue to stay subscribed, even if I heavily question your recent content. Your fanbase (or subscribers) are mostly composed of Nintendo fans. I didn't hear about your channel until NX rumours began to surface. After, the NX became the Switch, it's been a constant downward spiral for your channel. It seems like your still disappointed that Nintendo's newest console did not achieve your expectations. Surprisingly, your quite egotistical in your methods of only portraying information of one side, without fully acknowledge any errors or the completely opposite side. To create a proper discussion, you must be open to such backlash if it arrives.

Your last video was utterly ridiculous; how could you denounce support from Capcom for an entire system from just one title not being on the Switch. Not to mention, that majority of developers got devkits in July of 2016 and that Monster Hunter World was in development, essentially three years prior. You did not acknowledge the seemingly correct Monster Hunter rumour either, solely appealing to your side. I love your discussions, but you've began to seriously lack in quality arguments. You should take some inspiration from SpawnWave on creating a proper discussion without disappointing two types of fans.

I expect the Switch to receive more third party support in 2018, concerning when devkits were released. Your stance on the Switch is questionable at best, with your content after the reveal, it's seemed rather negative. Instead of making yourself seem correct in every situation, be open to providing proper facts and alternatives. Hopefully, these issues will settle down, but I think you should adjust your methods of creating a discussion.
I actually think this video slightly makes more sense.

Also another note

Here's my rebuttal...I guess
-We also craving for Pokemon Z...which it will never happen...
-People do know that despite B2W2 is on DS, those who has 3DS can still buy the game and play because 3DS has backwards compatibility whereas the Switch doesn't.
-Much like Ruby and Sapphire remake, we might get Diamond and Pearl remake on gen 8?
-"Game Freak only cares about money", They are company afterall...
-Why is it a DLC when there's really never miscrotransactions in a Pokemon game?
-One uses number which can easily tell is a sequel, whereas other one uses adjective...
-First BW released around 2010, B2W2 released around late 2012. S&M released at late 2016, Ultra S&M releases at late 2017...you see why some people like me were unhappy with it? They release another S&M way too soon.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh my god, now my external speaker can play my switch louder. Thank you so much, Nintendo
I also notice one minor thing is the Wifi icon changed a bit when it doesn't have signal, it's usually just the same but without signal blocks filled, this time is just an empty Wifi mark with lines.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The most disturbing thing about the Metroid franchise is Sakamoto's belief that people didn't like Other M because no one wants to be an icky girl which is incredibly tone deaf and like borderline sexist for a few reasons.
He never said that. The comment where he supposedly said that Other M failed because she's a girl came from P4rgaming, which is a satire gaming site. However, since it came out when Other M's backlash was still high, a lot of fans paraded it around as fact and the joke got lost.

Samus having PTSD isn't the problem, it's how it was handled in the game that was the problem...

People don't really understand that PTSD isn't something that those affected can just 'get over' so easily...even if they seemingly overcame their trauma, symptoms can still be triggered under certain circumstances even after a long while...
Pretty much, the problem with Samus having PTSD is that it's not well established at all, and that scene handles it poorly. As you say, they fail to establish why she's freaking out as unless you're familiar with Metroid lore you have no clue what her history is with Ridley, it's not properly given focus since as soon as the scenes done the trauma never comes back up for her (she doesn't even get a second shot at Ridley), and in general it doesn't fit in well with the events. If they truly wanted to make this an aspect of the character, they should've given it a lot more focus as it shouldn't have just been a footnote for her or the story at hand, and due to the mishandling it's no surprise that the scene has so much backlash and arguments over it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The baby Metroid has been a thing longer than Other M bud.

Besides don't retcon things, fix them.

Other M had some neat ideas, if we can get them in a way that isn't poop, I'd be for it.
In the trailer for Samus Returns we see Samus grab an evolved Metroid and slam it to the ground, meaning they might have done that actually.

Also Sakamoto wrote the Metroid manga which was stated to be canon and it had Samus' PTSD reaction to Ridley make sense and justified as it was her first fight with him. Plus Adam didn't make me want to stick a bomb in his **** hole. Shame Sakamoto forgot that according to his own story, Adam not only suggested, but outright encouraged Samus to be a bounty hunter

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
IN WHAT UNIVERSE WOULD PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY IN INVERTED COLOURS
It's an accessibility option, there are those who benefit greatly with inverted colors.

It also saves battery, so if you just want to squeeze a bit extra life, invert them colors.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Pretty much, the problem with Samus having PTSD is that it's not well established at all, and that scene handles it poorly. As you say, they fail to establish why she's freaking out as unless you're familiar with Metroid lore you have no clue what her history is with Ridley, it's not properly given focus since as soon as the scenes done the trauma never comes back up for her (she doesn't even get a second shot at Ridley), and in general it doesn't fit in well with the events. If they truly wanted to make this an aspect of the character, they should've given it a lot more focus as it shouldn't have just been a footnote for her or the story at hand, and due to the mishandling it's no surprise that the scene has so much backlash and arguments over it.
That's the thing about most of Other M. Most of its ideas weren't inherently bad, they were just implemented really poorly. Maybe things would've been different in the hands of a better writer or storyboarder.

This one.

Sounds trippy.

View attachment 130913

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So news section on Switch also has Channel section. Those channels lets you view news on certain games.
BTW, I know Nintendo Switch's system mascot Amelia has appeared in news section occasionally. I think the recent update is the first time that gives us a better glimpse on Amelia.
Took a lot of trouble for me to post my screenshot to my twitter... I accidentally forgot my password so I have to recreate one...

She has blue hair, a yellow hair "ring"? (I forgot what is that called...), red ear ring and with a mic that makes her look like someone from customer service.
Also thanks to this update I can just add @Flight on my Switch via 3DS friend's list.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What is your opinion on this then?

And what color(s) would you flash to all of these at once?
Actually pretty cool. I dig retrospectives and compilations like this.

Plus it's not literally the same ~3-4 second loop on repeat for 35 min. All in all gets a pass.

As for the flashing? All of the colors, all at once. Which apparently GIMP doesn't want to animate properly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>You can now play Switch games in grayscale

It should be law that everyone has to play New Donk City in Super Mario Odyssey with grayscale on, while wearing the "mafia" outfit for Mario.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Actually pretty cool. I dig retrospectives and compilations like this.

Plus it's not literally the same ~3-4 second loop on repeat for 35 min. All in all gets a pass.

As for the flashing? All of the colors, all at once. Which apparently GIMP doesn't want to animate properly.
I like the compilation too, I was just curious.

I feel like if you had every star at once, you'd just be shining a bright white light from your body. A light so bright that it burns the eyes of everyone who sees it and makes them go blind. It even makes blind people go blind, however that works.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
People with eye sight/colorblindness issues.
It's an accessibility option, there are those who benefit greatly with inverted colors.

It also saves battery, so if you just want to squeeze a bit extra life, invert them colors.
Well, you learn something new every day.

Makes sense though. I'll often invert colours on my phone when I'm using it at night.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I like the compilation too, I was just curious.

I feel like if you had every star at once, you'd just be shining a bright white light from your body. A light so bright that it burns the eyes of everyone who sees it and makes them go blind. It even makes blind people go blind, however that works.
avi_glow.gif

Not precisely what I had in mind before but I'll take it.

D

Deleted member

You're right.... But you know why? OGRES HAVE LAYERS YOU **** ORCS DO NOT HAVE LAYERS NONE

STOP IT WITH YOUR ORC FETISHISM

Speaking of which, Mike Wazowski is an orc though.

Vampires are sexy though.
I'm not fetishising anyone, you're the one parading your orc hate around
AND MIKE IS A CICLOPS FOR ****'S SAKE
Hope you have seen LWA episode 24..
If it wasn't the last part's cliffhanger. I actually think the episode was kind of a flop... because most things were a bit too obvious.
Last part in a nutshell:
Watched it yesterday, I actually really liked the episode
I was a bit disappointed at first as I thought this was supposed to be the final confrontation but then the cliffhanger happened

Poor Croix got Woodwarded
She might have used questionable methods but in the end all she wanted was to restore magic to its glory.

And then when Akko goes talk to Chariot and was all like
Screenshot_2017-06-19-20-32-54.png

I had some tears in my face. Akko really is too pure for forgiving Chariot.
AND GROUP HUG

Look at these dorks

I just wonder how they'll wrap up everything in the next ep
ARGUING!?!?!?!!!

That implies he's even trying to persuade me and providing points. He hasn't done that at all! Well, he has persuaded me that he has an Orc fetish though.
You have been clearly misreading my posts then, you bigoted *****
Be sure to take a screenshot of it and also tag it as spoilers.
Only texts in this video but it is pretty informative, be sure to check it out.
Once again, when it comes to "third party titles on Switch now" and "Switch doesn't need third party titles" or "It will come later". I'm pretty much in all of these categories but not always stick to them. I want Switch to have third party titles asap but we shouldn't demand for crappy ports like how Wii U got during it's launch. So SuperMetalDave saying Switch is making the same mistakes as the Wii U is incorrect, I would at least concern that Switch might have the same problem as the Wii U because when it comes to Wii U's failure it's more than just lack of third party support. He did mention Wii U have third party titles at first be he kid of moves on with and not realizing that most of third party games on the Wii U didn't sell well because it was hard to develop or just rushed. He said even N64 have more games in it's first year than the Switch was also absurd... 1996 and 1997 the big games N64 get were only Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64... please correct me if I'm wrong by the way, I'm seeing this on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games
And he didn't even mention once about Nintendo 3DS, where it doesn't have much third party ports but it got third party exclusives, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon
Look, I already said I have mixed reception on Nintendo's E3 presentation, but I'm not like those who jumps the gun by saying Switch is not getting third party support.
As to why I still sub to this guy, this comment pretty much speaks it all:

I actually think this video slightly makes more sense.

Also another note

Here's my rebuttal...I guess
-We also craving for Pokemon Z...which it will never happen...
-People do know that despite B2W2 is on DS, those who has 3DS can still buy the game and play because 3DS has backwards compatibility whereas the Switch doesn't.
-Much like Ruby and Sapphire remake, we might get Diamond and Pearl remake on gen 8?
-"Game Freak only cares about money", They are company afterall...
-Why is it a DLC when there's really never miscrotransactions in a Pokemon game?
-One uses number which can easily tell is a sequel, whereas other one uses adjective...
-First BW released around 2010, B2W2 released around late 2012. S&M released at late 2016, Ultra S&M releases at late 2017...you see why some people like me were unhappy with it? They release another S&M way too soon.
BW was released late 2010(September) and B2W2 was released mid 2012(June) in Japan.
In the West, it was early 2011(March) and late 2012(October) sp the timeframe is just some months more.

The complaints are the same though, I still remember the ones about the RS remakes and the fact it wasn't on the 3DS(and the idea of it being cross generation was a thing way back then).

USUM are B2W2 in almost every sense, fan reaction included

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was making a new character in New Vegas and found out something hilarious.

You can get African Americans to have Dark Elf skin color using the shade modifier in game.

Legit dark/light blue colors.

I'm gonna have fun with this character. :laugh:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just found a show called Freakazoid.

And let me tell you:

How in the bloody hell did I not find this show until today?!:gw:

Holy Boat, it's amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom