• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I need the Crash and Sonic mascots to fight to the death.
But they've already realised friendship is more important, and Crash had a riveting speech about there being too much hatred in the world. Death Battle can crawl back into it's hole.

Screenshot_20170620-003711.png

D

Deleted member

Which is?
Star Wars Episode V
"I ****ed ur mama"
Apparently, the Prime games were not canon in Other M, so Samus would've fought him only twice in Metroid and Super Metroid before fighting him a third time in Other M.
Wait, seriously? Lol that's so dumb
If I had to retcon to justify her PTSD, it'd just be having a flashback of her horrible moment, regain her composure and then get ready to fight rather than letting herself become completely defenseless. I mean, having a PTSD attack doesn't always mean becoming completely defenseless or screaming chaos everytime. I could imagine that everytime she encounters Ridley, she has a flashback to her horrible moment, but gets herself into composure before Ridley gets a free hit off of her.
I mean, if I was to portray Samus in her later encounters with Ridley, it wouldn't be in the way of what everybody portrays her as "This is getting bothersome already. What are you going to pull this time, birdface?", but rather as, "I don't want to fight him again. The first time should've been the last. But he keeps coming back. Why does he keep coming back?......I have to keep trying. He has to die at some point. I must try again. One day I'll ensure it."
I like this idea, Samus losing her composure and going berserk against Ridley would be a better portrayal of the later fights
"Just die already! Why won't you stay dead for ****'s sake!?"

D

Deleted member

To elaborate: Darth Vader and Anakin were really meant to be different people at first.
They changed it during prodyction because they wanted a big twist.
The Wizard of Oz probably. The twist at the end that it was all just a dream wasn't in the original book.
Nah, that was really dumb
Would you say your expectations were...dashed?

Or did they...crash and burn?
Opo, I swear to ****ing god I'm not in the mood for this **** right now

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Wizard of Oz probably. The twist at the end that it was all just a dream wasn't in the original book.
Really? Fascinating.
Star Wars Episode V
"I ****ed ur mama"
To elaborate: Darth Vader and Anakin were really meant to be different people at first.
They changed it during prodyction because they wanted a big twist.
Ah....interesting.

Either way, I'm all for retcons if it makes things good. But rather than being in the "Remove things altogether" boat, I am in the boat of "If it's not working as intended, fix it. Look back on things. Make it work." If a character isn't getting the right attention, fix what's wrong with what's making said character get the wrong attention. If there is a problem with the story, but it is part of what you want to do for the story, look back and see what you can do to make that problem not a problem.
I mean, retcons shouldn't be viewed with contempt or looked down upon unless there is a problem with said retcon. In some cases, retcons can help with what's missing from an important scene or from a character. Retcons can fix what is wrong with a scene or character. The only time when a retcon is a problem is if it affects another part in a not-so-good way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently, the Prime games were not canon in Other M, so Samus would've fought him only twice in Metroid and Super Metroid before fighting him a third time in Other M.

If I had to retcon to justify her PTSD, it'd just be having a flashback of her horrible moment, regain her composure and then get ready to fight rather than letting herself become completely defenseless. I mean, having a PTSD attack doesn't always mean becoming completely defenseless or screaming chaos everytime. I could imagine that everytime she encounters Ridley, she has a flashback to her horrible moment, but gets herself into composure before Ridley gets a free hit off of her.
I mean, if I was to portray Samus in her later encounters with Ridley, it wouldn't be in the way of what everybody portrays her as "This is getting bothersome already. What are you going to pull this time, birdface?", but rather as, "I don't want to fight him again. The first time should've been the last. But he keeps coming back. Why does he keep coming back?......I have to keep trying. He has to die at some point. I must try again. One day I'll ensure it."
Not only that, but Ridley was believed to have been dead for good by Other M.

Then she suddenly sees him staring her in the face without any reason to expect the possibility.
It honestly doesn't matter how many times she's had to deal with him in the past, that sort of -WHAM!- would logically brick her at that point. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Holy crap in 'Jump up, Super Star', during the part where Pauline sings 'Odyssey, ya see,' the horns in the background are playing 25M from the original Donkey Kong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy crap in 'Jump up, Super Star', during the part where Pauline sings 'Odyssey, ya see,' the horns in the background are playing 25M from the original Donkey Kong.
God dammit it's too early for this.

Yeah it's almost 8:30 pm here but still.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
This tweet is weird.
upload_2017-6-19_20-27-42.png
I wonder what it means...
What are the "Final Days"?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hoping the next episodes of Steven Universe will be announced soon along with some possible premiere dates for them.

The premiere was great but I'm itching to see more now. The hiatuses can get really annoying sometimes....

Just why is toonami still playing samurai jack?
Either they have nothing to replace it, filling for free time on their block, or they feel it's too early to take it out entirely. Some people might not have gotten a chance to catch all of the episodes on TV just yet after all.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A couple a matches of Killer Instinct's Eagle. And they're aiming (keyword "aiming") for a Friday release of the v3.8 Patch Notes video.

Eagle sure has a lengthy stage entrance.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wish Akechi was like the Revolver Ocelot of Persona and was a triple or quadruple agent against Shido. He's a fun party member. Still haven't seen his allout attack yet

D

Deleted member

I can't believe @Prince Alucard is orcphobic. Ugh, just when you think you find someone who seeks to be cool it turns out they're an asshole.
Please don't follow me if you share his bigoted views.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe @Prince Alucard is orcphobic. Ugh, just when you think you find someone who seeks to be cool it turns out they're an *******.

You probably just sympathize with orcs because you're disgusting too.

Like, remember when Shrek had an eyeball martini? Pretty ****ing gross.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I saw a video of his all out with Smooth Criminal with it
god I love him
God I really wish he wasn't the traitor now.
I can't believe @Prince Alucard is orcphobic. Ugh, just when you think you find someone who seeks to be cool it turns out they're an *******.

I have a Orc friend so I can't be racist to Orcs

D

Deleted member

You probably just sympathize with orcs because you're disgusting too.

Like, remember when Shrek had an eyeball martini? Pretty ****ing gross.
Oh my god you can't just call orcs disgusting like that
#NotAllOrcs

AND FOR THE LAST TIME SHREK IS AN OGRE NOT AN ORC
God I really wish he wasn't the traitor now.

I have a Orc friend so I can't be racist to Orcs
I'm keeping my eye on you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom