• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
NEW DIRECT BOYS
Dragon Quest XI Direct that is. Japanese exclusive.
That's pretty close to E3, nice to see them keeping the steam going.

In other news Pokemon GO is updating and gyms are so much better now!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New preview for the upcoming Sun and Moon episode that will feature Olivia's debut is out:

Seems like Olivia is quite a friendly lady.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So let's see...

Ridley is apparently going to appear in Samus Returns. Makes sense since it's based off the original game after all, if I am not mistaken. Maybe he'll get asked more often to be in Smash? :o

NEW DIRECT BOYS
Dragon Quest XI Direct that is. Japanese exclusive.
Oh? That's quite interesting, although I do notice it's meant to be a focus on the 3DS version of the game rather then the Switch version. Kinda makes me wonder if that's a good sign of things to come based off things I've seen before, but I could be stretching it...

In other news, I've been playing BOTW and ARMS; both games are quite interesting, but I've been addicted to BOTW more as of late. That's also where I've been in-case you're wondering. :)

Some other minor stuff, but I upgraded my avatar after who knows how long and I ordered some Neon Yellow Joy-cons after seeing them become available on Amazon. I am quite pleased.

And that's it. :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guess I wasn't the only one with the "you connection is not private" issue.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So the cert issues got fixed, huh? Anything I missed in the meantime?

In FE Heroes news, turns out I didn't need Reinhardt for the Legion GHB after all. Just used Mkv's strat with some SI so Xander could stand in for Stahl.

Also currently at a score of 71,196. Seems like I'm actually going up in rank....guess a lot of people just stop after getting Quickened Pulse. Not me though, I will get those last 9 orbs!

D

Deleted member

So let's see...

Ridley is apparently going to appear in Samus Returns. Makes sense since it's based off the original game after all, if I am not mistaken. Maybe he'll get asked more often to be in Smash? :o

Ridley wasn't in Metroid 2 though, which Samus Returns is a remake of.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Ridley wasn't in Metroid 2 though, which Samus Returns is a remake of.
Well, there was a reason why I did say 'if I am not mistaken'. :p

Do not fear; I am not annoyed in any shape or form at this revelation, rather I think it's a good thing to see Ridley in this game. It means more exposure which means more demand for Smash in my eyes despite what Sakurai has said in the past. :b:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So let's see...

Oh? That's quite interesting, although I do notice it's meant to be a focus on the 3DS version of the game rather then the Switch version. Kinda makes me wonder if that's a good sign of things to come based off things I've seen before, but I could be stretching it...

In other news, I've been playing BOTW and ARMS; both games are quite interesting, but I've been addicted to BOTW more as of late. That's also where I've been in-case you're wondering. :)

Some other minor stuff, but I upgraded my avatar after who knows how long and I ordered some Neon Yellow Joy-cons after seeing them become available on Amazon. I am quite pleased.

And that's it. :p
As previously stated, Ridley wasn't actually in the original game!
Also, Ridley was always be asked more for Smash until he actually makes it in.

A ****ing 14 year old can make a more accurate depiction of Ridley than Sakurao did with Smash 4... A ****ing 3DS game had a better looking Ridley than Smash 4

Chrono.

I only just realized this but, DBFZ doesn't seem to have Instant Kills.

A bit surprising, they've been a staple of Arc System fighters for a long while now, even Persona 4 Arena had them.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they just haven't implemented them yet. Considering there's 7 super bars and Goku's Spirit Bomb is missing (though Gohan's most iconic move is already in as a level 3/5 super, so who knows).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Metroid II is such a garbage of a game it's not even funny.
It's not like Zelda II which is just weird or Gaiden that has some gameplay incoviniences, it's full on dated milk just like Smashboards' certificate
No map in a game where all areas look the same(and I don't mean visually, I mean the layouts are the same), only Metroids as bosses which are either smol one, medium flying one or da queen, screen is so small and Samus is so big you can hardly see what's going on, there are like 4 powerups in the game and the only thing you do is go from one area to another and kill a Metroid if you can even find it.

The one good thing it had was the wallclimbing Morph Ball, I hope they bring that back bevause it was the best thing in that game.
Nice pun

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's not like Zelda II which is just weird or Gaiden that has some gameplay incoviniences, it's full on dated milk just like Smashboards' certificate
No map in a game where all areas look the same(and I don't mean visually, I mean the layouts are the same), only Metroids as bosses which are either smol one, medium flying one or da queen, screen is so small and Samus is so big you can hardly see what's going on, there are like 4 powerups in the game and the only thing you do is go from one area to another and kill a Metroid if you can even find it.

The one good thing it had was the wallclimbing Morph Ball, I hope they bring that back bevause it was the best thing in that game.

Nice pun

It's confirmed to be back already

D

Deleted member

Do not fear; I am not annoyed in any shape or form at this revelation, rather I think it's a good thing to see Ridley in this game. It means more exposure which means more demand for Smash in my eyes despite what Sakurai has said in the past. :b:
Where is it revealed that he's in the game anyway? I'd like to know.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Nice pun

No need to worry cuz the Spider Ball is coming back as shown in the Treehouse gameplay, making this its first appearance in a 2D metroid since the original...

Metroid II was good for its time but like NEStroid it was severely outdated overtime and was in desperate need for a remake...but it still serves as one of Metroid's most important titles for a couple reasons...

The Metroid Hatchling being the most significant storywise...and it was also where Samus's Varia suit got its iconic design...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I only just realized this but, DBFZ doesn't seem to have Instant Kills.

A bit surprising, they've been a staple of Arc System fighters for a long while now, even Persona 4 Arena had them.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they just haven't implemented them yet. Considering there's 7 super bars and Goku's Spirit Bomb is missing (though Gohan's most iconic move is already in as a level 3/5 super, so who knows).
It's probably not needed. Part of the appeal of Instant Kills is that they're cinematic and hype to see, and DBFZ is already full of that special stage KOs and supers that cause stage transitions. Still, they would be cool to have.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So let's see...

Ridley's problem has never been his lack of appearances in the Metroid series...

It also hasn't been a lack of demand.

It's his perceived lack of feasibility that keeps him out. Sakurai is aware of the popularity, Sakurai is obviously aware of the prominence Ridley holds in his series. More in either of those categories is superfluous and won't amount to his inclusion. The one thing that will actually aid Ridley is his feasibility being altered for the better.

Chrono.

It's probably not needed. Part of the appeal of Instant Kills is that they're cinematic and hype to see, and DBFZ is already full of that special stage KOs and supers that cause stage transitions. Still, they would be cool to have.
I guess so, but even then the IKs just have that extra oomph for me.

Plus we could potentially see famous DBZ scenes recreated like Goku's Super Spirit Bomb (or Dragon Fist), Vegeta's Final Explosion or Super Galick Gun, Frieza's Supernova, etc etc.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
For those looking to grind coins in ARMS - like, all three of you - I've found literally the most satisfying thing ever.

The primary method used here was laid out in Abdallah's video on cash grinding. So, credit where credit's due:

Skip ahead to 6:14 and he'll tell you that 2P Training Mode is the way to go. Or you could just read my recap.

Use a pair of single joycons (or two pair if you got em) and leave player two idle. An active player can go through ARMS selection, clean out the AFK fighter, and set up the rematch in under 20 seconds. This thus earns one coin every ten seconds - one for each player in the match.

Sounds lame, but it's the fastest method described by far (unless, perhaps, you can consistently Perfect and grind high level Grand Prix - check the video for comparisons of other modes if you like).

But you know what makes it awesome? Continuously planting Helix until he ****ing stays there.

Load up Master Mummy for P1 with Phoenixes/Retorchers (or a faster set if you have it), load up Helix for P2 with anything aesthetically pleasing, and chaingrab the flubber. Five dunks later he won't bother getting back up.

Takes slightly longer than average, but I've shaved it to 16 seconds of dunk time - and trust me, the extra time is worth it.

upload_2017-6-19_15-56-54.png

It is so, so worth it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone got any early ARMS sales figures to post? Other than the UK ones, already seen those.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I guess so, but even then the IKs just have that extra oomph for me.

Plus we could potentially see famous DBZ scenes recreated like Goku's Super Spirit Bomb (or Dragon Fist), Vegeta's Final Explosion or Super Galick Gun, Frieza's Supernova, etc etc.
I think another issue issue is the 3v3 format. But they could just set requirements for it. Enemy be on their last character or something. Damn it'd be cool to see Spirit bomb like how it was done to defeat Buu recreated.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Question time because I'm annoyed I didn't get to play Fusion today. What's the most disturbing thing you've seen in the Metroid franchise? For me, it has to be Nightmare, it's theme spooks me, the gravity thing makes me feel uneasy and useless and that ****ing melting slime face...Yech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom