• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I managed to get Katarina on my 5th pull from the new banner in Heroes. :D

I pulled some blues after trying to get some skill fodder or maybe Roderick, but no dice...I really need another Subaki so Camus can get QR2.

Also, I guess we know who are next for GHBs.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are slated for November, iirc. Unless you're thinking Switch only games.
Yeah, we're discussing for Switch.

Unless they're just saying Mario is so late into October they're counting it as part of November.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm aware of the quote. I wasn't denying that the 3DS version was the main reason in this case, but even if another scenario arised where they had to cut characters, Ice Climbers would be early on that list.
Yes, but how early is the question. It seems like the Ice Climbers were far enough along to be playable on the Wii U, so they definitely weren't too early on the chopping block despite their age (and potentially weren't cut ahead of characters like Lucas and non-Charizard PT Pokemon), and we know they've been higher priority then other characters before since they stuck around while characters like Mewtwo got cut and Jigglypuff was close to being cut herself in Brawl. So while they may very well be low priority, it doesn't seem like they were very low on that list, and thus there is a good chance they still wouldn't have been cut in the scenario that they had to choose characters to cut for other reasons.

Of course, I'm speculating based on what Sakurai's said and the leftover data, but based on those observations I don't think they would've been low enough to have been cut barring those mechanical issues or having to make larger cuts to the roster.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay, but here's the thing you're failing to understand about the ''He said it himself".

PR.

Everyone in the entertainment industry of any kind. Just says stuff for PR. They say things they think will be best for the scenario at any given time.

Nothing that comes out of a public figures mouth ever matters, because it's all calculated and could be countered with evidence suggesting otherwise.

Because guess what? Sakurai has also said he doesn't enjoy cutting anyone and that he hates cutting characters because all of them has fans, which goes directly against his low priority, legacy, relevancy claims.

This is why anytime he says something he directly counters like ''No fighting game characters" then Ryu,

''Third party people have to be special cases or gaming icons." (which people misunderstood anyways) and then comes Bayonetta.

People need to stop being shocked.

So little bit of advice, stop puting so much stock in what Sakurai says because 9 times of 10 he doesn't mean it and it's just a calculated move on his part to control a situation that he is in control of.
"I have no other argument so I'm just gonna say the words of the game's own creator don't matter at all."

If you say so kid.

Sakurai saying it's painful to cut characters doesn't go against prioritising certain ones. It just means he can think rationally for the good of his project.

Yes, but how early is the question. It seems like the Ice Climbers were far enough along to be playable on the Wii U, so they definitely weren't too early on the chopping block despite their age (and potentially weren't cut ahead of characters like Lucas and non-Charizard PT Pokemon), and we know they've been higher priority then other characters before since they stuck around while characters like Mewtwo got cut and Jigglypuff was close to being cut herself in Brawl. So while they may very well be low priority, it doesn't seem like they were very low on that list, and thus there is a good chance they still wouldn't have been cut in the scenario that they had to choose characters to cut for other reasons.

Of course, I'm speculating based on what Sakurai's said and the leftover data, but based on those observations I don't think they would've been low enough to have been cut barring those mechanical issues or having to make larger cuts to the roster.
I agree they wouldn't have been cut if it weren't for the 3DS in this case. But my point is that they are low priority. A small minority cares about their inclusion due to them not being beloved or well-known, and not having much of a legacy. As such, should any reason arise for cutting characters, there are one of the first to go. That's indisputable at this point.

And as I've said before, this still doesn't counr as a direct criticism of the final product of Smash 3DS.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
inb4 smash for this yr in an direct after pokken and arms released and had their chance
I think I'll try making my own versions of the FEW roster
One would be what I predict and the other would be what I'd do.
Just need to ask what you all think the roster size is going to be so I have some limit for them

lets say 28 for now. Thats reasonable. They said it will have the biggest starting roster of all warrior games. HW got more characters but DLC and a new version...FEW can only have dlc.

I won't be surprised if Donnel is playable...and after heroes i feel like Anna has to have an Axe every time now lol.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
As I've said, getting Smash ported to the Switch whenever they can would be nice. However, I may as well ask you guys this since I don't think I've asked this specific question before; how many of you want to move on from the Wii U version of Smash and go to a theoretical Switch version of the game that's either a port or a new game?
Rather a whole new game. I'll maybe buy a port of Smash 4, but I grew bored of it's gameplay and it feels sluggish to control.

Honestly, I still don't get why people want a port so badly. Sure, there's the high possibility of new characters and stages being added, but Smash 4 already has a **** ton, and in the end, everything still plays the same as the Wii U version. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe added new characters, items, and a new tier of boost, but it's still Mario Kart 8 on Wii U. I understand the desire to let go of the Wii U, but for a port? Eh...

I want a Smash game that feels way better to play across the board, with all kinds of new stuff. Nintendo is finally embracing competitive gaming/eSports, so I want a Smash game that acknowledges that. Doesn't need to go hardcore in the competitive direction, but at least provide more for those who wish to take the game seriously.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; one of the Nintendo representatives who you may recognize from the 1-2 Switch's demo back in January was asked about Smash by EE regarding the possibilities of a port for the Switch. While he obviously couldn't tell us anything and had to resort to PR stuff, he did mention that he is well aware of the Smash community, which is better then nothing I suppose.

Link to those who are curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-A6_IsNjw&feature=youtu.be&t=4m21s

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Why are Yoshi's new games so... boring?

Boring music, Yoshi making annoying sounds all the time, extremely easy, and for some reason everything is made of weird materials only to make it look cute.

Also probably boring/the same story.

Meh.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

HYPE TRAIN ABOARD.

GET YOUR TICKETS FOR THE HYPPEEE TRAINNN.

"I have no other argument so I'm just gonna say the words of the game's own creator don't matter at all."

If you say so kid.

Sakurai saying it's painful to cut characters doesn't go against prioritising certain ones. It just means he can think rationally for the good of his project.
Orrrr....

You can just ignore the person who has friends in the entertainment industry and has been an intern once or twice in it and knows what he's talking about when it comes to PR and damage control for a bad situation.

You could do that too.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be hype if they showed off a Smash 4 dx for switch.

Especially if they confirmed Inkling and Bomberman are playable.

It'd be the perfect game to release in December.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
XD

Hey, c'mon, I mean, it's not bad, but Yoshi's Island is my favorite SNES game and it just doesn't compare.

Plus all the other things I said are true... for me.

Or did you think I was talking about the Mario Oddisey music? Because that one is cool.
I knew you meant Yoshi.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What are the chances NintendoAmerica is just hyping up that one Kirby title and nothing else?

Pretty much guaranteed? OK I guess. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
HYPE TRAIN ABOARD.

GET YOUR TICKETS FOR THE HYPPEEE TRAINNN.

Orrrr....

You can just ignore the person who has friends in the entertainment industry and has been an intern once or twice in it and knows what he's talking about when it comes to PR and damage control for a bad situation.

You could do that too.
I know what I'm talking about too, I've written case studies on PR. Though really, bringing up "credibility" you likely won't prove for confidentiality reasons even if you have it, is not a sign you have a strong argument. You don't magically get trust from me for saying that, nor does it fix a bad argument.

There have been cases of PR not being clear or being misleading, and other times where things said at one point are later retracted, and Sakurai is no stranger to this, but Sakurai has not done that in this specific instance. You're the one damage controlling by trying to de-rail the discussion into unrelated areas. You still haven't directly provided any evidence against the claim that Ice Climbers are low priority. Their omission from Smash Wii U still isn't a direct criticism of the 3DS version either. The 3DS version itself isn't hurt by the Wii U version lacking them, and the 3DS version is still a much more balanced experience in terms of the quality of it's content, which is why I would consider it the better version in the long term.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
Captain Toad confirmed for Super Mario Odyssey?

Lyrics: Here we goOff the railsDon’t you know it’s time to raise our sailsIt’s freedom like you never knewDon’t need bagsOr a passSay the word, I’ll be there in a flashYou can say my hat is off to youOh, we can zoom all the way to the moon From this great, wide, wacky worldJump with me, grab coins with meOh yeahIt’s time to jump up in the air (jump up in the air)Jump up, don’t be scared (jump up, don’t be scared)Stomp up, and your cares will soar awayAnd if the dark clouds start to swirl (dark clouds start to swirl)Don’t fear, don’t shed a tear ‘causeI’ll be your 1-UP girlSo let’s all jump up super high (jump up super high)High up in the sky (high up in the sky)There’s no power-up like dancingYou know that you’re my superstar (you’re my superstar)No one else can take me this farI’m flipping a switchGet ready for thisOh, let’s do the Odyssey!Odyssey, ya see (x7)Odyssey, OdysseySpin the wheelTake a chanceEvery journey starts a new romanceA new world’s calling out to youTake a turnOff the pathFind a new addition to the costYou know every captain needs a crewTake it in stride as you move side to sideThey’re just different points of viewJump with me, grab coins with meOh yeahCome on and jump up in the air (jump up in the air)Jump without a care (jump without a care)Jump up ‘cause you know that I’ll be thereAnd if you find you’re short on joy (find you’re short on joy)Don’t fret, just don’t forget thatYou’re still our 1-UP boySo go on, straighten up your cap (straighten up your cap)Let your toes begin to tap (toes begin to tap)This rhythm is a power ‘shroomDon’t forget you’re the superstar (you’re the superstar)No one else can make it this farPut a comb through that ‘stacheNow you’ve got panacheOh, let’s do the Odyssey!It’s time to jump up in the air (jump up in the air)Jump up, don’t be scared (jump up, don’t be scared)Stomp up, and your cares will soar awayAnd if the dark clouds start to swirl (dark clouds start to swirl)Don’t fear, don’t shed a tear ‘causeI’ll be your 1-UP girlNow listen all you boys and girls (all you boys and girls)All around the world (all around the world)Don’t be afraid to get up and moveYou know that we’re all superstars (we’re all superstars)We’re the ones who made it this farPut a smile on that faceThere’s no time to wasteOh, let’s do the Odyssey!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Inb4 we get another Metroid game.
You are joking here, but with two Metroid games being annouced and exploding the internet. What will happen if a third one will be announced? The End of The Internet itself?:4alph:
New avatar! My hype for M&L Superstar Saga remake and the most FABULOUS character in the game.
This is a fancy and fabulous avatar indeed, and I love it. 'Hope you keep it for awhile.:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

If Smash Switch exists we'll see it by the end of this E3
It's(in theory) a ****ing port so there's no reason it isn't presentable, doesn't matter if it doesn't show any new characters, it's a system seller and just saying "there wiol be new content" is enough to get people hyped.
Basically, what I'm saying is: if it doesn't show up today or tomorrow, it doesn't exist
inb4 smash for this yr in an direct after pokken and arms released and had their chance

lets say 28 for now. Thats reasonable. They said it will have the biggest starting roster of all warrior games. HW got more characters but DLC and a new version...FEW can only have dlc.

I won't be surprised if Donnel is playable...and after heroes i feel like Anna has to have an Axe every time now lol.
I'm gonna go with 28 since you're the only one who replied, brb
Thanks for noticing me senpai

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Minish Cap or Link's Awakening remakes when? I know Zelda has already gotten a lot of remakes but still.... when....?

Heck they can even make a quick remake of A Link to the Past using A Link Between Worlds assets and all...
I personally want a Zelda II remake; that game needs more love. But getting any of the old birds eye view Zelda games remade would be nice too.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Smash Switch exists we'll see it by the end of this E3
It's(in theory) a ****ing port so there's no reason it isn't presentable, doesn't matter if it doesn't show any new characters, it's a system seller and just saying "there wiol be new content" is enough to get people hyped.
Basically, what I'm saying is: if it doesn't show up today or tomorrow, it doesn't exist
That's pretty close-minded honestly. The schedule for 2017 is filled to the brim, and Yoshi and Kirby will fill in some of next year's earlier months as they look well into development. And that's just the Switch. 3DS is just as packed. Is it so far out of the realm of possibility to be announced in a Direct later this year with it releasing around summer next? Nintendo had stated on multiple occasions that they don't like announcing games at E3 that aren't coming out in the next few months. Prime 4 is one of the VERY few exceptions.

Just because it's a port doesn't mean it has to be a 2017 release, nor does it mean it has to be announced here, nor does it have to be an 'easy' port. They could be adding a ton of characters and modes for all we know. Just because it isn't announced here doesn't mean it's not happening.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Captain Toad confirmed for Super Mario Odyssey?

Lyrics: Here we goOff the railsDon’t you know it’s time to raise our sailsIt’s freedom like you never knewDon’t need bagsOr a passSay the word, I’ll be there in a flashYou can say my hat is off to youOh, we can zoom all the way to the moon From this great, wide, wacky worldJump with me, grab coins with meOh yeahIt’s time to jump up in the air (jump up in the air)Jump up, don’t be scared (jump up, don’t be scared)Stomp up, and your cares will soar awayAnd if the dark clouds start to swirl (dark clouds start to swirl)Don’t fear, don’t shed a tear ‘causeI’ll be your 1-UP girlSo let’s all jump up super high (jump up super high)High up in the sky (high up in the sky)There’s no power-up like dancingYou know that you’re my superstar (you’re my superstar)No one else can take me this farI’m flipping a switchGet ready for thisOh, let’s do the Odyssey!Odyssey, ya see (x7)Odyssey, OdysseySpin the wheelTake a chanceEvery journey starts a new romanceA new world’s calling out to youTake a turnOff the pathFind a new addition to the costYou know every captain needs a crewTake it in stride as you move side to sideThey’re just different points of viewJump with me, grab coins with meOh yeahCome on and jump up in the air (jump up in the air)Jump without a care (jump without a care)Jump up ‘cause you know that I’ll be thereAnd if you find you’re short on joy (find you’re short on joy)Don’t fret, just don’t forget thatYou’re still our 1-UP boySo go on, straighten up your cap (straighten up your cap)Let your toes begin to tap (toes begin to tap)This rhythm is a power ‘shroomDon’t forget you’re the superstar (you’re the superstar)No one else can make it this farPut a comb through that ‘stacheNow you’ve got panacheOh, let’s do the Odyssey!It’s time to jump up in the air (jump up in the air)Jump up, don’t be scared (jump up, don’t be scared)Stomp up, and your cares will soar awayAnd if the dark clouds start to swirl (dark clouds start to swirl)Don’t fear, don’t shed a tear ‘causeI’ll be your 1-UP girlNow listen all you boys and girls (all you boys and girls)All around the world (all around the world)Don’t be afraid to get up and moveYou know that we’re all superstars (we’re all superstars)We’re the ones who made it this farPut a smile on that faceThere’s no time to wasteOh, let’s do the Odyssey!
Yeah, he is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom