• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eww Mario+Rabbids is next.
I think you mean "Great Mario + Rabbids is next." Fixed that for ya.

I have to watch over my friends shop so I can't watch the stream. Someone tag me if something amazing happens. Game reveal Smash or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sooo....

Best Buy Canada doesn't have pre-orders open yet....LAME!!!

----

Btw...no significant reveals at today's treehouse that I missed? Or are they just showing off games we already know about?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I forgot there's a mainline Fire Emblem for Switch in 2018 isn't there. So already Nintendos 2018 is pretty amazing with just that Kirby and Yoshi.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Still can't believe the following about Mario+Rabbids:
  • Rabbid Luigi is a character
  • You can use Sheer Heart Attack
  • The game looks really fun and polished.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Main plot point is that a baby Rabbid has the ability to fuse things from Mario's world with Rabbids
>Rabbid Kong is actually Donkey Kong transformed

Oooooh noooooo...

That's the one thing I didn't want them to do.

I definitely don't want Rosalina in this game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My bingo card so far:
View attachment 130746

Reggie did refer to Bill as "his dark lord", so that might count as making fun of him...or not. Definitely won't get bingo, but for aiming for hard things getting close is probably good enough.

And here is this image blown up just because:
View attachment 130747

Also, Miyamoto confirms Pikmin 4 is still in development.
There's still the rest of today and tomorrow. Smash Switch coukd be revealed or teased in that time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Here you go, someone did it.

Reggie got those sick moves. I tell ya, he isn't going to land for a awhile, he is a pro Smash player after all.:denzel:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My bingo card so far:
View attachment 130746

Reggie did refer to Bill as "his dark lord", so that might count as making fun of him...or not. Definitely won't get bingo, but for aiming for hard things getting close is probably good enough.

View attachment 130747

"Pikmin team working all the time" they work either very slowly or its a few folks doing Pikmin games on the side...

Cant believe its been 2 yrs since he mentioned it. Should not have mentioned it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bowser Jr being the main villain is actually something I really love.

I even love that Donkey Kong is possessed or whatever. It'd be funny to see some of the other characters take that boss role.

If you can't take a little parody of your favorite characters get out of the kitchen.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wonder how likely it is that Metroid Prime 4 will run on Unreal Engine 4. I mean Yoshi is already using it and it looks like a Nintendo made engine when it's actually not. Metroid seems like a perfect fit. Unreal Engine 4 has some stunning ambient lighting fx that could work perfectly in a Metroid. I know that a new engine is likely as well but having all the tools you need readily available through Unreal may be a solution to Nintendo fans thirst for the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wonder how likely it is that Metroid Prime 4 will run on Unreal Engine 4. I mean Yoshi is already using it and it looks like a Nintendo made engine when it's actually not. Metroid seems like a perfect fit. Unreal Engine 4 has some stunning ambient lighting fx that could work perfectly in a Metroid. I know that a new engine is likely as well but having all the tools you need readily available through Unreal may be a solution to Nintendo fans thirst for the game.
That'd also cut down on development time quite a bit

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My bingo card so far:
View attachment 130746

View attachment 130747

So even the Pikmin thing was a false alarm by people and it really was in development despite people convincing themselves he had to be talking about Hey, Pikmin! ?

This really is the E3 of relief and reassurance, heh.

. . .Now for a year of people panicking that Smash Bros and Animal Crossing are going to be abandoned, LOL.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll be fine with the whole Rabbid mutation thing as long as it's kept to characters who make sense for the role. Like actual Mario bosses, such as Petey Piranha and King Boo.

But I don't want the whole game to just be transforming every Mario character ever into a Rabbid. Not only is that sort of spitting on the identities of some characters, it also wouldn't be funny and would make the game too predictable.

If they have to put other characters in like Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina and Pauline (serious possibility because of Odyssey), I'd rather have them have cute and funny, but still dignified, interactions with the the Rabbids. That would be interesting and allow for more variety in jokes.

Not gonna write the game off yet, but having that as a main plot point isn't encouraging.

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin that Mahvel leak you posted a while ago ****ed up more. It uses Mega Man X and Red Aremmer or however it's spelled. The English and Japanese names of Rockman X and Firebrand.
Actually, "Red Arremer" works for both the species and the individual known as "Firebrand" outside Japan.

There's other oddities that people haven't noticed yet (that aren't signs that this is fake, because too much points to this being real), such as Grandmaster Meio's folder being "PlutoGrandMaster", when he's never been referred to as "Pluto" and "Pluto" is just a translation of what "Meio" means, and the X Gardian's file being "XGardien".

But for anyone trying to claim it's fake, consider this.

It was uploaded over a week before MvC:I's E3 showing, and posted on a subreddit for the game the day before E3.

This means:
-Before Grandmaster Meio, the Dah'ren Mohran, Zero, and Black Panther were shown to be in the game.
-Before the Ultron Drone and the X Gardian were shown to be non-playable enemies for the story mode in the demo.
-Before Captain Marvel was revealed to have a bonus costume on the boxart.

Folders for all of them were there.

Plus, Arthur is 2.5 gigs yet the demo it was datamined from is only 6
Whoever said the leak was datamined from the Demo?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huh, the regional coins for New Donk City have Pauline's face on them. You can also buy a gold statue of her for the Odyssey.

I really want to see more of her and how she's integrated into this game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YO! You can buy the Mario Maker costume in Odyssey! That's really cool!:4larry:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok I'm more and more convinced that Mario Odyssey will definitely have a Birabuto Kingdom (Complete with Daisy), Cosmic Kingdom (Complete with Rosalina), and a Sunshine Kingdom (Complete with Piantas). They just had to much fun with Pauline and, presumably, Donkey Kong in New Donk City to not do it with other characters from the other Mario games.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Ok I'm more and more convinced that Mario Odyssey will definitely have a Birabuto Kingdom (Complete with Daisy), Cosmic Kingdom (Complete with Rosalina), and a Sunshine Kingdom (Complete with Piantas). They just had to much fun with Pauline and, presumably, Donkey Kong in New Donk City to not do it with other characters from the other Mario games.
I hope Waluigi get is on world, maybe theme after a theme park or an arcade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom