• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Funny enough, I pulled another four star Chrom today too. :p

Also I used the feathers they gave out to promote my four star Marth to five stars. I've always liked Marth, and you can never have enough Falchion users.
Marth is one of my most wanted characters, but I haven't even got a 4-Star version of him.

Most of my 5-Stars are red, but never Marth.

Including the pull I did just now. Almost had me for a sec (also, JUSTICE).

Also Treehouse is up in a bit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
so you are saying Tharja wasnt just made for fanservice?
Spot the difference:

and

or any card from that card game

If a character is going to be a created a certain way, like Camilla, that's one thing. Not a huge fan of this direction of character "development", though. It's pretty flagrant and undermines the character.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Minor detail on Sonic Forces.

Modern Sonic doesn't have the Drift this time around.
On one hand it always feels sad to lose movement options, but on the other hand I can't remember ever feeling like drifting in Generations was even useful. There was like one corner on one stage I even remember pulling it off on and I honestly forgot it existed.

Chrono.

Spot the difference:

and

or any card from that card game

If a character is going to be a created a certain way, like Camilla, that's one thing. Not a huge fan of this direction of character "development", though. It's pretty flagrant and undermines the character.
There's also how Tharja in Awakening was written in such a way that she was meant to make you uncomfortable. Everyone gets creeped out at her hobbies and such.

But she got popular with that crowd and the rest is history.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marth is one of my most wanted characters, but I haven't even got a 4-Star version of him.

Most of my 5-Stars are red, but never Marth.

Including the pull I did just now. Almost had me for a sec (also, JUSTICE).

Also Treehouse is up in a bit.

Oh man. For what it's worth I hope you pull Marth soon.

I got him in my very first summon session, funnily enough. And then I never pulled him again, despite him being a four star unit. Just goes to show how large the red pool is, I suppose. It took me two months of only pulling reds to get Chrom.

I have a similar issue with Frederick, of all characters. I can't seem to pull him from greens at all. :laugh:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's also how Tharja in Awakening was written in such a way that she was meant to make you uncomfortable. Everyone gets creeped out at her hobbies and such.

But she got popular with that crowd and the rest is history.
Exactly. It's not just a shift in appearance but in characterization. There's no way IS would ever, ever depict Tharja hunched over, covering the entirety of her (once modest) chest with something nowadays. But that posture and action helped define the character. That's what someone who is uncomfortable with attention would do, which is the opposite direction they've taken her, for clear, though no less disappointing reasons.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy ****, there is a big tempest that just come out of nowhere here. With big hailstone and all, it scared the **** out of me.

D

Deleted member

Welp, someone post it before me.

Tough, is showing the full image is really that big of a deal? They are not that big and are covered. So I don't think you will have problem, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. (Also, I love this image and I can't wait to see more in the futur:4wario:)

Speaking of Mario.

Urgh, I think I am going to die from nostalgia at this point...

It's beautiful.
Ah, so not only were two metroid games announced but we actually did get a Mario/Minions game. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh man. For what it's worth I hope you pull Marth soon.

I got him in my very first summon session, funnily enough. And then I never pulled him again, despite him being a four star unit. Just goes to show how large the red pool is, I suppose. It took me two months of only pulling reds to get Chrom.

I have a similar issue with Frederick, of all characters. I can't seem to pull him from greens at all. :laugh:
I got Frederick not too long ago, though I haven't had a reason to use him yet. I like to keep at least one of each character though, regardless of rating.

Much to my dismay, as there are a few characters I want a duplicate of for Skill Inheritance.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo must have watched a lot of Meet the Robinsons when coming up with ideas for Super Mario Odyssey.

Yo! You know this image too? I just had a big smile on my face when I saw it for the first time. I really like Meet the Robinsons. :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is no one else bothered by the fact that one of the Goombas in the M&L remake has seemingly been impaled by a flagpole? No, just me? Ok, carry on...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Out of curiosity, guys, is it fair to be a bit frustrated since we didn't at least receive a teaser regarding Smash that might of said something like "stay tuned" or "see you in a couple of months"? I would of been ok with that, and my main goal either way has been just hoping to find out if the game exists or not, be it a port or a brand new game. The fact we didn't get that (at least not so far) is a bit frustrating, but I imagine it's due to them not wanting to overshadow ARMS and Pokken. Splatoon 2 could also count, but it still makes me wonder if those three amiibo releasing on the same day as Splatoon 2 has any real meaning...

Honestly, i'm ready to move on from my Wii U and Smash is the main reason I still have it hooked up, so...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Out of curiosity, guys, is it fair to be a bit frustrated since we didn't at least receive a teaser regarding Smash that might of said something like "stay tuned" or "see you in a couple of months"? I would of been ok with that, and my main goal either way has been just hoping to find out if the game exists or not, be it a port or a brand new game. The fact we didn't get that (at least not so far) is a bit frustrating, but I guess it's due to them not wanting to overshadow ARMS and Pokken? I could see that being the case. It still makes me wonder if those three amiibo releasing on the same day as Splatoon 2 has any real meaning...

Honestly, i'm ready to move on from my Wii U and Smash is the main reason I still have it hooked up, so...
Has it occured to you they might not even have the game planned to be made right now?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Has it occured to you they might not even have the game planned to be made right now?
There is that possibility, but I can't say for sure if it's true or not. They could either have it in development and haven't told us yet, or perhaps it hasn't even started development yet if at all.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Out of curiosity, guys, is it fair to be a bit frustrated since we didn't at least receive a teaser regarding Smash that might of said something like "stay tuned" or "see you in a couple of months"? I would of been ok with that, and my main goal either way has been just hoping to find out if the game exists or not, be it a port or a brand new game. The fact we didn't get that (at least not so far) is a bit frustrating, but I guess it's due to them not wanting to overshadow ARMS and Pokken? I could see that being the case. It still makes me wonder if those three amiibo releasing on the same day as Splatoon 2 has any real meaning...

It was never promised, teased, or even remotely indicated it would be there, so it sounds like such reactions would mostly be on you. Frustration almost implies we were somehow owed Smash information, which we certainly weren't. The last Smash content came out only a little more than a year ago, be patient.

Usually the wait is a long one anyway.

I'm sure they have plans. Smash is too big for them not to have plans. That doesn't preclude it not being in active development though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one thing that kinda sucks about no port yet is the fact that if doesn't come out before the end of he fiscal year, Alola is pretty much guaranteed to not have someone on the roster. My personal opinion is that their last shot is a Christmas release Smash 4 port, since then it'd come out close to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, making someone like Decidueye a great "strategic" pick a la Corrin.

Any later than that, though, and...well, at least Decidueye still has Pokken.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Is no one else bothered by the fact that one of the Goombas in the M&L remake has seemingly been impaled by a flagpole? No, just me? Ok, carry on...
No, it looks more like there's a golden base that keeps the flag stuck on the Goomba's head. The artwork seems to fail to show this, but the sprites show the base.
MLSSBM4.jpeg

:094:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It was never promised, teased, or even remotely indicated it would be there, so it sounds like such reactions would mostly be on you. Frustration almost implies we were somehow owed Smash information, which we certainly weren't. The last Smash content came out only a little more than a year ago, be patient.

Usually the wait is a long one anyway.

I'm sure they have plans. Smash is too big for them not to have plans. That doesn't preclude it not being in active development though.
Yeah, I suppose I have myself to blame and that all we could go off was speculation. I'm mainly frustrated at myself, to be honest; the fact we got Kirby (which is one of the games I wanted to see this E3), Metroid returning in all its glory, a core Pokemon RPG, and other titles like Yoshi and Xenoblade Chronicles made this E3 a great one. Smash would of simply been the icing on the cake or the cherry on top of such cake, but I guess I should of tempered my expectations down for that this E3.

Like I said, I really do wish to move on from my Wii U at this point (especially since the console is now dying at this point) and I am sure many others would favor doing the same.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really do hope Smash 4 has a port, because Decidueye is far cooler than Greninja and birb deserves it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai wouldn't have to even be involved with a Smash 4 port would he? Couldn't Bandai Namco just do it?

Would he be a weirdo and cut anyone they added that he didn't if he ever came back for a true Smash installment later? Or would he keep them?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The one thing that kinda sucks about no port yet is the fact that if doesn't come out before the end of he fiscal year, Alola is pretty much guaranteed to not have someone on the roster. My personal opinion is that their last shot is a Christmas release Smash 4 port, since then it'd come out close to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, making someone like Decidueye a great "strategic" pick a la Corrin.

Any later than that, though, and...well, at least Decidueye still has Pokken.
I'm starting to think that Smash is possible to be a new game at this rate (which kind of scares me since the vast majority of characters I like are said to be on the chopping block, but at the same time I guess there's a bigger thrill to the roulette as well). It already seemed increasingly like a 2018 game at minimum at this point, and if they were announcing 2018 games at E3 then it's almost certainly not out by the end of Q1 and thus the fiscal year.

But I mean. . .it makes sense not to have an Alola Pokemon because it ALWAYS times out badly for odd numbered gens. Gen 3 and Gen 5 have entire tin can trails of support bases from people rallying for characters that ended up not being timed correctly. Normally we'd have a huge rallying base for event Pokemon as well as the gen wears further and further on with no sign of Smash Bros, but the only event Pokemon in Gen 7 being small and cutesy seems to have nipped that in the bud this go around.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wouldn't mind waiting for a new Smash game. My drive to play Smash 4 dipped a few months after Bayo came out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sakurai wouldn't have to even be involved with a Smash 4 port would he? Couldn't Bandai Namco just do it?

Would he be a weirdo and cut anyone they added that he didn't if he ever came back for a true Smash installment later? Or would he keep them?
I don't think he'd be that petty. Now if they added a stage from a modern Kirby game...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fwiw I still believe we're going to get a port. Dunno when the reveal will come. Could be this winter, after Pokken is out. Might not be til next year. I would think the game would come out in 2018. If we get past that without any hint of a port coming, that's when I'll start to believe one might not be in the cards... but I still think it makes too much sense not to happen.

Yeah, I suppose I have myself to blame and that all we could go off was speculation. I'm mainly frustrated at myself, to be honest; the fact we got Kirby (which is one of the games I wanted to see this E3), Metroid returning in all its glory, a core Pokemon RPG, and other titles like Yoshi and Xenoblade Chronicles made this E3 a great one. Smash would of simply been the icing on the cake or the cherry on top of such cake, but I guess I should of tempered my expectations down for that this E3.

Like I said, I really do wish to move on from my Wii U at this point (especially since the console is now dying at this point) and I am sure many others would favor doing the same.
I think it would just do you some good to stop expecting Smash at every corner. When it comes, it comes. And it will come eventually.

No, it looks more like there's a golden base that keeps the flag stuck on the Goomba's head. The artwork seems to fail to show this, but the sprites show the base.
View attachment 130760

:094:
Ah, well, that makes sense but isn't quite as interesting as an impaled Goomba. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know why y'all even want a Smash port, Smash Wii U is a bad video game...

...if you don't have Smash friends.
/s

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I imagine he would still have a good deal of input on a port and all the major decisions would still go through him, even if he wasn't as involved in the active development.

So I don't imagine any non-Sakurai-approved characters make it onto the roster.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I think it would just do you some good to stop expecting Smash at every corner. When it comes, it comes. And it will come eventually.
It was at least fair to assume that Smash might come at this E3 as it's easily the best place for them to announce any sort of content related to the game. Now that those chances seem unlikely at this point, I guess I shouldn't expect it here and I instead should talk about other games or go back to remaining silent on the subject.

That's just what I think is the best solution ATM.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I imagine he would still have a good deal of input on a port and all the major decisions would still go through him, even if he wasn't as involved in the active development.

So I don't imagine any non-Sakurai-approved characters make it onto the roster.
The only reason I ask about Sakurai is usually if there's Smash news he says something before hand. Unless he's considering the port to Switch to be an all new game and a surprise.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm starting to think that Smash is possible to be a new game at this rate (which kind of scares me since the vast majority of characters I like are said to be on the chopping block, but at the same time I guess there's a bigger thrill to the roulette as well). It already seemed increasingly like a 2018 game at minimum at this point, and if they were announcing 2018 games at E3 then it's almost certainly not out by the end of Q1 and thus the fiscal year.

But I mean. . .it makes sense not to have an Alola Pokemon because it ALWAYS times out badly for odd numbered gens. Gen 3 and Gen 5 have entire tin can trails of support bases from people rallying for characters that ended up not being timed correctly. Normally we'd have a huge rallying base for event Pokemon as well as the gen wears further and further on with no sign of Smash Bros, but the only event Pokemon in Gen 7 being small and cutesy seems to have nipped that in the bud this go around.
I guess I just had hope Alola would break the curse, what with the timing seeming right and it being the twentieth anniversary region, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom