• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now that the day has cooled down I'll post some tiny thoughts.
Nintendo took the checkered flag of the E3; no gimmicks, no overly long segments. Just a rapid fire of epicness.
I'll be honest, I loved the Robot Chicken and Muppets stuff, but keeping it simple was the answer today, even if Reggie looked serious af.
Definetly getting a Switch in the future; I need to play Pokèmanz, Odyssey (****ing beautiful game, the trailer left me with a deep lasting feeling of hapiness) and of course Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

XC2, man, it looks great, seeing more characters convinced me of the artstyle.
-Having multiple titans and returning species (glares at Territorial Rotbart) makes me feel at home but with some extra spice, hope the Telethia also return.

-The Driver/Blade system seems cool, I still need to understand it more but Im digging what I saw, Im gonna miss my big*** Art Palette but this one is fine as it allows you to change StandsBlades mid-combat to rotate movesets and use more elements.

-Rex feels kinda bland tbh ("TAKE THIIIIIIIIIS"), atm he looks like a dude that set on a worldwide adventure by touching a redhead's boobs. I think Shulk is a great character that developed nicely, but also is the weakest of his group, that's why Im not worried on Rex being bland, specially because Nia and Tora look rad.

-Pyra: My Hunger Games Champ, a cutie with a cool mature voice but a top kek design; her outfit is skimpy as hell and her bust wants to rival Camilla's, I forgive that thanks to that pretty face but I hope you can customize her armor, but with her status as a Blade, I dunno.
I also hope she has a wide moveset of her own because if her story develops nicely I would put her as a fav candidate for Smash.
Despite I love Super Mario Odyssey, but I actually want Xenoblade Chronicles 2 more.

The artstyle is definitely something that is worth of arguing, I personally have not problems with the anime artstyle since I am used to it already. By the way, anime style can be vary, from Chibi to realistic all count as anime. Saitou style fits my taste so I am fine with it. If anyone is curious, yeah, Saitou draws NSFW artworks too. Check it at your own risk.

The Driver/Blade system was the thing I was worried before the trailer. Most people thought It will be Pyra turn into blade and let Rex use. We also seen another girl Hikari who is also a blade, which also made us even speculating all blades are girls... it will be a disaster if it happens. After the trailer, I think this system is pretty cool, river use the blade while the blade character still stands and aids the driver. I'm sure Pyra is still visible when Rex use her blade, as have seen the "Militray unifrom girl" damages her core. By the way, it seems that Driver character can have more than one blade character, check the Treehouse live to see the other two.

Rex voice does sound bland, the others were okay. I can't wait to hear Nia and Tora's voice.

I have also finish watching the Treehouse gameplay. We get to know more details:
From Mynintendonews
Players can also expect to see a simpler version of the arts palette, with new battle techniques including the ability to topple enemies and relaunch them into the air, along with a blade combo attack which can be unleashed for maximum damage. Other gameplay details include:

• Enemies will not alert the player as to when they spot you – players are supposed to study enemy patterns and behaviours, learning how to fight them through experience.
  • The world has a lot of diversity – between titans, species and the lifestyles the people who inhabit the towns lead.
  • Day / Night and Weather Cycles return
  • Rising and falling of the tides will allow you to gain access to certain places you may not have been able to access before.
  • You don’t have direct control over your party members, but you can swap between them.
  • When you die you are set back to your latest checkpoint.
Interestingly enough, Takahashi revealed that the game is built upon the same engine as Xenoblade Chronicles X, allowing the development time to be much quicker than initially planned. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will launch on the Nintendo Switch during Winter 2017.
I was initially disappointed a bit that the old art palette is gone, but the new one looks way more simpler and I say it's pretty snappy?
Now you can launch enemies that are being toppled (Rather than daze), also performing combo attacks. Nice
No more of those alerts that tells you the enemies will spot you or attracted by sound. I have to play to see if this is good or not.
The third part about Day/Night and weather cycle, not surprised.
They also said how the world is so huge but you can still access other other landmarks without loading, this is a big jump from the first game. BTW, skip travel are obviously still there.
I could get annoyed by the rising and falling of tides, but we'll see.
I'm guessing it should say the blade characters? You can swap your blade in mid battle.
The last part is nothing unusual...

So this is the reason why XC2 can come only 2 years after XCX, this is an interesting part. The X engine was good already.
Xenoblade 2 does lean a little too much into the generic light novel/anime style with the character designs, which is easily my biggest issue with the game so far.

But hopefully the rest of the game is great.

EDIT: Oh and the voice acting is... Pretty damn awful, not gonna lie.
Don't know why you think anime like this links with light novels... I mean compare it to manga's there isn't really much difference. I do aware not everyone is going like the style, but I do say this is probably the thing we all have to get used to.
I also have some guess on why they go with anime style this time:
- Attract Japanese audience more, especially anime audience.
- Anime style face can show expressions more greatly and significant. XC's didn't have a great facial design, and neither did X honestly.

I can only agree with you on Rex, I think others are okay.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I woke up this morning thinking:

"Man, I've had the best dream where Nintendo announced TWO new Metroid games, one being Prime 4 and another being Return of Samus on the 3DS."

This is still so surreal to me, and how fitting that the first main Metroid adventure in years is 'Samus Returns' because DAMN RIGHT SHE DOES!!!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sakurai: Chrom, we need you in Smash.
Chrom: Have I finally proven myself worthy?
Sakurai: Well, yes, but only because the rest of the roster is dead. You'll be joined by Wolf, Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake in the reboot.
Chrom: I suppose I should count my blessings. Do I get an amiibo?
Sakurai: About that...
"We were making one for you, but then this Rotary Telephone with Legs walked in..."

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's not a surprise that Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Pyra starting to get many fanarts.

This one I found funny but also a bit NSFW at the bottom, so I have to censor Pyra's bust, sorry.
So this is what happens if Mario accidentally possessed Pyra...
m pyra.png

You can pretty much guess why Mario was astonished. It's also cool to see Pyra's pupil change to Mario's pupil.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's not a surprise that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 starting to get many fanarts.

This one I found funny but also a bit NSFW, so I have to censor it.
So this is what happens if Mario accidentally possessed Pyra...
View attachment 130756
You can pretty much guess why Mario was astonished.
Welp, someone post it before me.

Tough, is showing the full image is really that big of a deal? They are not that big and are covered. So I don't think you will have problem, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. (Also, I love this image and I can't wait to see more in the futur:4wario:)

Speaking of Mario.

Urgh, I think I am going to die from nostalgia at this point...

It's beautiful.

D

Deleted member

Here's a new Wooden Plank comic for those who are disappointed of lack of Smash news:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Welp, someone post it before me.

Tough, is showing the full image is really that big of a deal? They are not that big and are covered. So I don't think you will have problem, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. (Also, I love this image and I can't wait to see more in the futur:4wario:)

Speaking of Mario.

Urgh, I think I am going to die from nostalgia at this point...

It's beautiful.
Superstar Saga <3
I adore this game. This game made up most of my childhood, really. The world is massive and it's extremely fun to play. It's seriously one of the best games I've ever played.

Makes me wanna replay it when I have the time lol. But first I should probably focus on completing RPGs that I've never finished before...like Earthbound :4ness:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Here's a new Wooden Plank comic for those who are disappointed of lack of Smash news:

The "Ridley is 2 big" jokes will never die, isn't it?

But...I won't lie this picture make chuckle. Poor Rayman tough.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Of all the games in the Direct, Warriors did the least for me. Doesn't look very interesting at the moment.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Weren't there THREE game announcements Nintendo was going to make post-Spotlight? I only remember them showing off two.

. . .I wonder what 3DS game they're going to show us over the next couple of days. :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ALL Fire Emblem amiibo work with Warriors
Meaning Alm and Celica work too
so...Celica announcement when?
Honestly Alm, Celica, Roy, and Ike are basically locks for DLC for their amiibo alone.

D

Deleted member

I hope they manage to convince me of buying FEW, otherwise I'll just get Fate/Extella and call it a day
I'm hoping for at least Camus because he's, like, the one character they should include after Marmar and Tiki(who I believe is kinda confirmed thanks to the amiibo)
FE Warriors box art.

It's... so bland.
Like, it's literally character artwork thrown into a gray background but without anything flashy or something.
The HW boxart was great how did they **** this up so badly?

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
reminder: Smash Bros. Brawl wasn't shown during Nintendo's main conference at E3 2006, only afterwards. Same deal with Pac-Man's reveal for Smash 4.

I'm still hoping we see Sm4sh DX today or tomorrow.

Chrono.

So people were saying yesterday that Sonic Forces on Switch runs on 30fps on handheld mode, but it turns out it runs at that in both handheld and docked mode.

Not a huge deal for me, the game itself looks pretty good on Switch (although I noticed some dips when there's too many explosions going on) and I was fine with 30fps Generations.

That said, I still don't know what console to get it on.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
reminder: Smash Bros. Brawl wasn't shown during Nintendo's main conference at E3 2006, only afterwards. Same deal with Pac-Man's reveal for Smash 4.

I'm still hoping we see Sm4sh DX today or tomorrow.
We got one game left to go for a reveal IIRC.

If we see another game revealed, that's it, it's done until the next round of game reveals in a Direct or whatever. But Nintendo has laid out our wiggle room for hope for the time being.

Last edited:

Chrono.

We got one game left to go for a reveal IIRC.

If we see another game revealed, that's it, it's done. But Nintendo has laid out our wiggle room for hope for the time being.
I'm betting the other game is that Kirby multiplayer we're supposed to be getting on 3DS by the end of the year.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm betting the other game is that Kirby multiplayer we're supposed to be getting on 3DS by the end of the year.
Probably, to be honest if they didn't touch on it during the Spotlight it's probably a 3DS game.

My hope's pretty much dead for any more Switch games until at least the next Direct whenever that happens, I just feel like clarifying the current status.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Honestly Alm, Celica, Roy, and Ike are basically locks for DLC for their amiibo alone.
Male Corin too then.

I wanna see the magic users and any pegasus characters. Also Lucina shpuld be there...one more sword character ain't bad.

Speaking of Lucina..wheres Robin haha. Also wanna see Tiki! And Anna! I hope the trailers are as frequent as the Hyrule Warriors reveale...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
when this popped up in my alert box I assumed it'd be you hyping about no Jackie in the new intro and I was thinking about what appropriate gif to reply with. ngl pretty disappointed
But I like Jackie though. :p The new intro is definitely great though. Kelly's adorable at the end.

I'm hoping for at least Camus because he's, like, the one character they should include after Marmar and Tiki(who I believe is kinda confirmed thanks to the amiibo)
Camus should be behind Caeda at the very least when it comes to Archanea characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom