• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, things have been pretty busy over the past 24 hours. I am very pleased with Nintendo's presentation at E3, and the announcement of not one, but 2 Metroid games is amazing! Not to mention how gorgeous Super Mario Odyssey looks. I would not be surprised if it won the most anticipated game award at E3 this year.

So yeah, I'm very excited about Nintendo's E3 - Not one thing felt like a disappointment to me. I'm expecting some good things from Nintendo now.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's some footage of Marvel Infinite. This one shows off Thanos, Zero and Nova.

I'll still probably wait to get the game, since DBFZ is a thing. But MvCI DOES look better in motion. Now just give me Spider-Man and make him not look terrible.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Back from the Direct. Here are my thoughts:
  • I'm glad I kept my hopes down about Smash Switch being a thing. Turns out it's not happening just yet. Luckily, the rest of the news kept me glued to the screen.
  • The opening Switch montage was neat. Nintendo really seems keen on making Splatoon 2 into some kind of eSports game.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is looking very promising. Loving the English Dub cast, and it looks like the soundtrack was done by the same people that composed the first Xenoblade Chronicles game. It's also nice to see the game hasn't been delayed until 2018 and will still come out this year.
  • A new main series Kirby game coming to the Switch? HYPE! HD Kirby looks awesome. It seems like they are bringing that element of making enemies fight for you, a mechanic that was supposed to be in that canceled Kirby Gamecube game. I don't mind the wait until 2018, and I'm interested in seeing what plot will be this time.
  • Brief talk about Pokken DX. Cool cool... wait, a core series Pokemon game is in development for the Switch? Aw yeah! I don't think it's going to be Stars. I'm sure they are referring to generation 8. If that's the case, that makes me hyped to see DP remakes on the Switch.
  • I'm no Metroid fan, but the announcement of Metriod Prime 4 made me smile. I feel happy for the Metroid fans.
  • New Yoshi game looks cool. Seems like they're going from the yarn style to a cardboard style this time. Not sure if I'll buy it though.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors hype! The English Dub cast sounds great thus far. No surprise the blond protagonists' mother will be killed off at the beginning of the game. She seemed like the Emmeryn/Mikoto archetype. The choice of using Female Corrin over Male Corrin likely reflects the popularity polls where she generally did better than her male counterpart. Ryoma and Xander look badass in HD. Kind of wish they showed some more characters, but other than that, I thought was a good trailer.
  • No surprise at some talk about Breath of the Wild DLC news. That Trial of the Sword looks pretty challenging. Really liked that new art of Link against that Silver Lynel.
  • Oh hey, it's ma boy Kass! Wait, Champions' Ballad? I see the four Champions. Now we see colored art of the four Champions and Princess Zelda... hold it, "Champions Ballad" is the name of the second DLC pack that will be released in December?...

Reaction to Champions' Ballad DLC news
  • ...HOLY COW YES!!!!!!! When they first mentioned there would be a story expansion deal with the December DLC pack, one of my top wishes was that this story expansion would expand on the four Champions. I liked all four of the Champions, especially Revali, but one major issue I had with them is that they didn't appear very much during the story and thus weren't as fleshed out as much as they should have been considering how the game treats them as major characters. Considering the name of that DLC pack states "Champions' Ballad," it looks like the DLC will give us that much needed expansion on the Champions, most likely giving them more screen time and backstories. You guys, This is HUGE! You don't know how excited I am for this. This is exactly what I wanted the Breath of the Wild story DLC expansion to do. You thought some of the Champions were bland or unlikable? Well, looks like this DLC has the potential to change your opinions on the four of them or even strengthen opinions on the Champions you liked. If you asked me, I really want to see Revali getting fleshed out in this DLC. I already liked him in the game, but I think giving him more screen time so we can understand other bits to him would be pretty cool.
  • Oh hey, more Breath of the Wild amiibo. That Revali amiibo will be mine!
  • I don't think that was necessary to talk about Mario + Rabbids, even if it was just for a little bit. It looks like a cool game though.
  • Not interested in Rocket League, but hey, great for the fans that wanted it on the Switch.
  • Wow, that Super Mario Odyssey Trailer was stellar! Mario can possess enemies using his animated hat? That sounds like fun! Pretty cool that Mario will even wear different costumes during the course of the adventure. I wish we saw more of those villainous bunnies (we only saw a bit of the female one fighting Mario). I'm curious to know what there deal is. Also surprising the game will release sooner than I expected. When I first heard a "Holiday 2017" release date, I was expecting the game to come out sometime in December. An October 27th release is cool in my book. Definitely looking forward to playing it.
Ultimately, I only had 5 spaces (not counting Free Space) on my Nintendo E3 Bingo card crossed off. I guess this means the E3 Direct blew my expectations.

In all, I give this Direct a 9/10. Really great stuff that caught my interest!
  • Overall the Spotlight nails it, it could have gotten better though.
  • Two games I focus on for now is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.
  • Switch is going to have a new main Pokemon game, hope it comes soon.
  • Nintendo finally give us a new Metroid game, I hope they can give us more like this soon.
  • Rocket League on Switch is perfect. If you know it is portable and you can cross platform play.
  • Mario+Rabbids in Spotlight was really a waste of time in my opinion.
  • Breath of the Wild DLC I also think took a bit too much time, but what it has is amazing.
  • More new amiibos that have greater and better quality. I heard that Metroid amiibo is squishy~
I personally give the presentation 6/10. Not too shabby but also not that stunning or mindblowing. However, there isn't really anything much that is mindblowing at this E3 besides Nintendo.
Official Art of Rex and Pyra (formely known as Homura)
I remember I post Saitou's Edea from Bravely Default artwork a while ago which she also has the same pose.
Saitou also work on an anime movie which was called "Expelled from Paradise". In XC2, Elysium also seems to be called "Paradise" in Japanese. Don't know if this was intentional.
I also think characters like Angela in this anime fits in XC2 as well. (I think the character Hikari, the blonde hair girl who is also a blade). Also look at that robot mechs behind, reminds me of Mechons in XC and skells in XCX. So Saitou's character designs actually fits well for Xenoblade already.
Does Rex have some cat weasel thing riding in his helmet??
Yes.
So... Nintendo won E3!

So many great things to talk about:

• Xenoblade looks good, but the new trailer didn't bring me more hype than the first one.
  • Kirby looks great, it's like a fusion of crystal shard, return to dreamland and superstar. Really hyped.
  • Pokemon RPG on Switch! YES!
  • Metroid Prime 4 and Samus return are a hype factory.
  • Yoshi looks fun, if it's anything like Wooly World.
  • Fire emblem looks cool, sad there was no Ike when they talked about friends.
  • Zelda DLC looks fun, but I still haven't played the main game so nothing I can't wait for.
  • Mario Odyssey is just wow: first a T-Rex, than a possession mechanic to become said T-Rex? And here I was thinking the hype for this game couldn't go higher.
  • Also Sonic force villain was just taken of My little witch academia. All those flying cubes.
This video show perfectbly how this presentation felt to me. (Nintendo being All-might and the student gamers all around the world)
Overall, great E3 for nintendo.
Or Reggie being All Might to be exact (By the way Reggie does look like All Might in some way lol, if you don't compare their hair).
Bruh, what would happen if Mario tosses his hat to the ground.
View attachment 130711
"I didn't know gaming, because Mario was a planet! "
I'm a little late to saying this, but I think the M&LSS remake looks great, especially since I've never played it before.

Also, Xenoblade 2 music:

A track that appears to be from a cutscene.

A different rack that appears to be battle music.
Something I noticed about the second track is
If you listen closely, you can hear the guitar riff from "Zanza the Divine"

The soundtrack is sounding quite good so far.
Maybe it's because I hear it for the first time, it isn't that epic compare to the first ost. But I do believe it will sound better once I keep hearing it while playing the game.
Also check out this Xenoblade Chronicles 2 boxart and poster:

Last edited:

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
There's some footage of Marvel Infinite. This one shows off Thanos, Zero and Nova.

I'll still probably wait to get the game, since DBFZ is a thing. But MvCI DOES look better in motion. Now just give me Spider-Man and make him not look terrible.
Yeah I disliked how he looked in MvC3. Speaking of which, why is Marvel's most iconic, popular, and profitable hero not already revealed? He should've been first along with Mega Man.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I disliked how he looked in MvC3. Speaking of which, why is Marvel's most iconic, popular, and profitable hero not already revealed? He should've been first along with Mega Man.
Nah, I thought his Marvel 3 model was fine. Not the best Spider-Man model, but good. I was saying I hope they don't **** him up like they did poor Chun-Li and Dante in this one.

Iron Man, Mega Man X, Zero, Nova, Thanos and Strider all look good though.

They did wait a while to show off Spider-Man in Marvel 3, like at Tokyo Game Show I think.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You talking about Spiderman?

If so, like MvC3 he's probably being saved for a Japanese centric event.

He's super popular there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Keep in mind they might also show him off at Comic-Con. Which is the next big event to show this kind of stuff.

I'll bet we see Starfire or Sub-Zero for Injustice 2 as well. And maybe some more characters in Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now that the day has cooled down I'll post some tiny thoughts.
Nintendo took the checkered flag of the E3; no gimmicks, no overly long segments. Just a rapid fire of epicness.
I'll be honest, I loved the Robot Chicken and Muppets stuff, but keeping it simple was the answer today, even if Reggie looked serious af.
Definetly getting a Switch in the future; I need to play Pokèmanz, Odyssey (****ing beautiful game, the trailer left me with a deep lasting feeling of hapiness) and of course Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

XC2, man, it looks great, seeing more characters convinced me of the artstyle.
-Having multiple titans and returning species (glares at Territorial Rotbart) makes me feel at home but with some extra spice, hope the Telethia also return.

-The Driver/Blade system seems cool, I still need to understand it more but Im digging what I saw, Im gonna miss my big*** Art Palette but this one is fine as it allows you to change StandsBlades mid-combat to rotate movesets and use more elements.

-Rex feels kinda bland tbh ("TAKE THIIIIIIIIIS"), atm he looks like a dude that set on a worldwide adventure by touching a redhead's boobs. I think Shulk is a great character that developed nicely, but also is the weakest of his group, that's why Im not worried on Rex being bland, specially because Nia and Tora look rad.

-Pyra: My Hunger Games Champ, a cutie with a cool mature voice but a top kek design; her outfit is skimpy as hell and her bust wants to rival Camilla's, I forgive that thanks to that pretty face but I hope you can customize her armor, but with her status as a Blade, I dunno.
I also hope she has a wide moveset of her own because if her story develops nicely I would put her as a fav candidate for Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Red Hood has some neat dialogue in Injustice 2. Though there's one line that weird but kind of cool.

"I believe in myself, and that's enough". Sounds like some Shonen ****, but I kind of like it.

Chrono.

Xenoblade 2 does lean a little too much into the generic light novel/anime style with the character designs, which is easily my biggest issue with the game so far.

But hopefully the rest of the game is great.

EDIT: Oh and the voice acting is... Pretty damn awful, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Red Hood has some neat dialogue in Injustice 2. Though there's one line that weird but kind of cool.

"I believe in myself, and that's enough". Sounds like some Shonen ****, but I kind of like it.
I find it really weird how in the past, "Red Hood" meant an alternative identity of "The Joker"

But now it's "Robin"

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Xenoblade 2 does lean a little too much into the generic light novel/anime style with the character designs, which is easily my biggest issue with the game so far.

The voice acting is horrible and I really hope you can play it in Japanese with subs.

I don't mind the anime-ness. It will make up some of the personality that (IMO) Xeno X was missing.

The swords etc. are cool. That being said, my opinion is probably based on the fact I read shonen.

D

Deleted member

Darn it, my phone was broken for a bit and on vacation too. I'mean back though.

Also, who shot Mario with a stand arrow?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Can we please have Monster Hunter XX in the west?

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
Nah, I thought his Marvel 3 model was fine. Not the best Spider-Man model, but good. I was saying I hope they don't **** him up like they did poor Chun-Li and Dante in this one.
I guess it was his eyes that I disliked. Too big and oddly shaped, imo of course.

Yeah I was referring to good old Webhead. That makes sense, I honestly never knew he was that popular in Japan. That's dope.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't see why Nintendo doesn't mame good games on the eshop for things they dont want a full price game but are requested by fans. They did it with chibi robo but they wrrent that good.

Like a eshop game thats half the price of a normal nintendo game of proper sequels to games like Wario Land...F Zero ect.

Sure fans would prefer a bigger game but its better than nothing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I noticed Nintendo is coming out with a lot of remakes on the 3DS this year.

Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid Return of Samus, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. And it might not stop there.

Has anyone else seen this?
http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/282492-nintendo-grabs-trademark-related-to-virtual-boy-wario-land

We might see a remake of the Virtual Boy Wario Land!
OMG, really

That's exciting news!

I've wanted to play it.

If they do, an alternative "Red" color has to be an option. Replacing the green color that gameboy games get

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So after seeing lots of peoples reaction. I decided to see the reaction of the creator of AM2R.

And he is totally cool with it!
This guy, I swear, I love him.

Can't say about that when it come to the creator of SMBZ however...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want to get into comics.

I kind of want to get rebirth JLA, Swamp Thing, and Batman Beyond

Edit: I guess Swamp thing doesn't have his own series, lol. IDK.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What happened to SMBZ? They debuted the reboot and then just left everything on hold.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What happened to SMBZ? They debuted the reboot and then just left everything on hold.
The creator got copyright problem with Nintendo due to using Nintendo character while being paid by his patreon. He tried another patreon but it wasn't as succeful.
Now, he is just being salty at Nintendo and say that Metroid 2 Samus Return is just a souless cash grab on Nintendo part compared to AM2R. He also suffer from depression, which isn't great I admit but still, being salty as hell isn't going to change anything for the better.

Brief, nothing has changed as far as SMBZ delay were in the past. Really, I love Mark work, but expect to wait 4 years before episode 2 come out. (If the series isn't rebooted again)

D

Deleted member

I know it's likely not ot but I'm imagining Little Red Riding Hood in Injustice fighting like a MK for no reason but also a Shonen protagonist and I dunno about you but I'd watch the hell out of an anime adaptation of it as a battle shonen.
Don't ask

I did like some of the designs for, I assume, the villains
Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-10-05.png

I mean, look at Gunpuku no Himegimi here
"Revolution to your world, punishment for the land of Gods"
Also, the guy on the thumbnail but heah, the main duo seems like they were just pulled from a random LN

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find it really weird how in the past, "Red Hood" meant an alternative identity of "The Joker"

But now it's "Robin"
Red Hood is Jason Todd, the Robin that was killed by Joker. So he took Joker's old name as a way to remind of his past/insult him.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Definetly the best timeline.

Do you think we'll get more anouncements tomorrow?
For E3, I don't know. But for EVO, I think we might get some new stuff for some fighting game.

Please ASW, announce a new character after the EVO final, please. :<

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned of the batman villain "Pyg" and yikes he's a disturbing villain.

Taking people and doing horrific experiments on them to create mindless zombie minions

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also then:

And also now:

Two Metroid have been made.

The Video Game Galaxy is finally in peace.

Also, can I say how I love Captain Falcon in the second image? He is like:

"Yeah that's cool, but when I will get a game?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom