• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thanos is in the game

Probably the Marvel death
But Deadpool isn't.

We already had Gamora for the connection to Thanos, anyway. :V

Capcom Death looks more like a Dracula to me. I'm getting Symphony of the Night Dracula vibes with the hair especially.
Well, he isn't like the Marvel Death to where he is well, Death. It's an alias he goes by.

Last edited by a moderator:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Did we already do these? Is it about time to do these now that Nintendo's turn is less than 11 hours away? Are these legal?

I don't care if I made my board easy in spots, I just really want a Bingo this E3. If it's not already on this board, it's out of left-field to me.

Show me what your E3 Bingos are looking like.

Edit: I realized that they're probably going to show more Skyrim Switch details, but at this point I don't think I have room on my board, so eh.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But Deadpool isn't.

We already had Gamora for the connection to Thanos, anyway. :V

Well, he isn't like the Marvel Death to where he is well, Death. It's an alias he goes by.
They are based on the Marvel Cinematic universe, right? (Their focus)

Deadpool isn't going to appear in it, he's FOX

Death can appear since she plays a role in Infinity Gauntlet

Deadpool doesn't

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's not like I really wanna be cynical, it's more like I just don't really feel excitement as much as I used to for E3. I'm sorry if I dragged down anyone's fun, and I understand where you're coming from with that Forza thing. I understand what you're saying about trying to appreciate that some games aren't exactly made for me. Again, I'm sorry.
Don't worry about it too much dude. Tbh, I don't even really recall any cynical posts from you, I just figured if you were worrying about it, just remember that not all games are made for you and that's fine. Unless you frequent 4Chan or other toxic communities, I doubt any one is really intentionally cynical. It's harder to appreciate things than it is to tear them down anyways, just look at all the youtube channels that focus on being an angry person angry about things compared to channels that try to give a deeper appreciation. Nonetheless, it's always good to try.

D

Deleted member

They are based on the Marvel Cinematic universe, right? (Their focus)

Deadpool isn't going to appear in it, he's FOX

Death can appear since she plays a role in Infinity Gauntlet

Deadpool doesn't
-looks it up-

Huh. Death has been said to appear in the MCU at some point. It may very well be Marvel's Death then.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it too much dude. Tbh, I don't even really recall any cynical posts from you, I just figured if you were worrying about it, just remember that not all games are made for you and that's fine. Unless you frequent 4Chan or other toxic communities, I doubt any one is really intentionally cynical. It's harder to appreciate things than it is to tear them down anyways, just look at all the youtube channels that focus on being an angry person angry about things compared to channels that try to give a deeper appreciation. Nonetheless, it's always good to try.
Alright, I'll try not to. I just really worry about people's perception of me and I sort of worry that I get on people's nerves or just seem generally unappealing to them n' whatnot. That's true, sometimes it is easier to see the ugly side of things than the good. Though I'll definitely try harder to appreciate the diversity. Though it really comes less from disliking the games and more mistrust of what larger companies say: E3 just seems to be the place to talk the talk without walking the walk for some companies, very rarely what's shown really makes it into the final product (Though that could just be the result of them being early builds that are shown off...Though I get the feeling that those cases are the minority)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The Spiderman gameplay did nothing for me. =/
Also was really hoping From Soft would come out with something, serves me right for getting too hyped over aztec souls.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Actually some people think Death might not be in Infinity War and that instead they're using Hela in Death's role.

Which is fine by me. More Cate Blanchett? Yes please.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Alright people, since the leak I posted is pretty much legit, time to make a guess as to who "Death" is.

Is it the Marvel "Death"?

Or the Capcom "Death"?

My guess is the latter.
What leak? Also I doubt it will be the Capcom Death since he's from a game that never even came out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's just my theory though, I may have to ask the game store clerk for more details. You can trust those game clerks since all they do is import and sell games, have no official affiliation with Nintendo.

I go with Gray Joy Cons because the Neon ones sold out in the store that still has Switch on shelf. I remember I saw it a day before I went and bought it, next say it was gone (Obviously someone had bought it before me). The clerk told me that the Gray is actually more popular in Taiwan since it won't get dirty easily compare to the neon colors. They also told me I can buy a pair of neon Joy Cons with the console, but I can't due that budget wise. You have to keep in mind though Joy Cons are pretty expensive.

And look, the bottom of the Joy Con do get scratched after a few times of taking in and out of the Switch. Again, not that big of a deal. I also said that straps are actually pretty easy to put on and take off if you pay attention to the + and - marks and the lock. Hope this doesn't offend anymore, but those who complain straps isn't easy to use and easily gets stuck are just dorks. I do hope the make the + - marks more visible, they made the lock white which is good.

Compare to Wii U, the Switch itself, Joy Cons, Pro controller are all better. Switch has quiet, simple and snappy UI. Unlike Wii U which was more complicated, and it took a long time to load eshop and games. The controllers on the Wii U took more time in order to sync, you will have more chance of doing sync by yourself too. The Joy Cons though, simply press the button they will sync instantly.

By the way, does the home button on the right Joy Con glow? Just curious.

So as for now, I have no problems or complain with the Switch, yet. I do find the charger being a bit bulky though. The last thing to test is the game cartridge slot, I hope to get a game to play soon. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Breath of the Wild are definitely on my list. Future must-have for me is obviously Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
It may just be the screws at this point. For instance, the Wii U GamePad causes a creaking noise on the bottom edge corners of the controller, and to fix that, you have to tighten the Tri-wing screws that are covered by ten rectangular stickers on the back.

I see about the colors. The gray Joy-Con look very sleek and something that would go along the lines of "premium." Not really though, since their housing is made of plastic, but you get the idea. They really are expensive, so it's best to take good care of the ones already bundled with your system.

You're right in that the bottom of the Joy-Con get scratched after sliding them in and out of the system. It's happened to all of my Joy-Con and I don't really see it as a big deal either. And I agree with you regarding the straps. They are very easy to put it on the controllers, so I don't understand why some people get them stuck or whatever, but oh well. I pay attention to the plus and minus marks to see if they slide in correctly.

Just by playing on Switch in Handheld Mode, the GamePad already felt weird to use. It's a great controller for what it is, though. It isn't bound by the limitations that make a handheld device really portable, compared to the Switch itself and the Joy-Con. The GamePad and Pro Controller were really quick to pair with the Wii U console on my end, so I guess there was some interferrence when you tried to sync them with the console. I do like the matte finish of the Switch hardware. The glossy plastic on Wii and Wii U were always a pain to deal with due to scratches. The Switch's Pro Controller is one of the best controllers I've ever played with. It's very comfortable and everything is in the right place.

The concept of Switch more or less reminds me of a mock console I made in the past decade, called the Ultra Deck. Silly name, I know. It wasn't about a home console you could play on the go like Switch, but more so about a powerful handheld device that could be on par with then-current systems to the point that it could emulate them perfectly.

The HOME menu is simple and fast. No issues over there, although I'm a bit bummed that there's no music throughout the menu. Not even the eShop has music in it. Doesn't matter much, but there it goes. It's also fairly limited right now, so you can't do a whole lot with it. Something interesting, like a theme shop, like the one on 3DS, could come in the future, I suppose.

Like some have already said, the HOME button on the Joy-Con (R) and Pro Controller should be able to glow like the Wii U GamePad's HOME button, but the functionality hasn't been enabled yet, it seems.

If you find the AC adapter too bulky or don't want to connect it to the outlet period, you can get a Pro Controller or Charging Grip and use the USB-C cable that comes included with them and instead of charging the Pro Controller or Charging Grip themselves, charge the system via PC, like you would with a smartphone. It's worked for me very well so far. But the thing is that the Pro Controller is expensive, so you may just go for the Charging Grip instead for this occasion.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Alright, I'll try not to. I just really worry about people's perception of me and I sort of worry that I get on people's nerves or just seem generally unappealing to them n' whatnot. That's true, sometimes it is easier to see the ugly side of things than the good. Though I'll definitely try harder to appreciate the diversity. Though it really comes less from disliking the games and more mistrust of what larger companies say: E3 just seems to be the place to talk the talk without walking the walk for some companies, very rarely what's shown really makes it into the final product (Though that could just be the result of them being early builds that are shown off...Though I get the feeling that those cases are the minority)
Oh, well in that case, that's because the games really aren't final products, or something hastily slapped together to show something good. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, can't really think of a lot of games where it was done maliciously. People turn to Ubisoft games, but those are generally just graphical downgrades, which games go through a lot.

D

Deleted member

What leak? Also I doubt it will be the Capcom Death since he's from a game that never even came out.
https://imgur.com/a/8zJ2V

This had been posted before today.
Before Black Panther, Grandmaster Meio, Dah'ren Mohran and Zero were revealed to show up.

And the demo had "Ultron Drone" and "X Gardian" as non-playable opponents in the story.

I recently noticed Ant-Man is missing from this, the only one missing from the previous leaks. Guess he's the new Chorus Kids. :V

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Oh, well in that case, that's because the games really aren't final products, or something hastily slapped together to show something good. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, can't really think of a lot of games where it was done maliciously. People turn to Ubisoft games, but those are generally just graphical downgrades, which games go through a lot.
True, maybe it's just paranoia that I need to shake off. It's just as easy to fall into mistrust as it is to cynicism

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I recently noticed Ant-Man is missing from this, the only one missing from the previous leaks. Guess he's the new Chorus Kids. :V
GOD ****ING DAMMIT MARVEL I WANTED MY GODDAMN RIDER IN MAHVEL YOU CAN'T JUST REMOVE THE GIANT MAN SUPER HAWKEYE HAD FOR NO REASON

Someone tag me when someone makes a video of every super available in the demo

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
https://imgur.com/a/8zJ2V

This had been posted before today.
Before Black Panther, Grandmaster Meio, Dah'ren Mohran and Zero were revealed to show up.

And the demo had "Ultron Drone" and "X Gardian" as non-playable opponents in the story.

Considering he's the only non-DLC newcomer I'm actually excited for, I'm really hoping it was an oversight. :/

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ah, dammit. Why do these games have to be so much fun?

Yeah, I played the demo and I really enjoyed it. This is the purest Marvel vs. Capcom game since MvC2 gameplay wise. It's fun, like a ton of fun, to pull off a 20 hit combo that ends in an awesome hyper combo and it feels so good in the MvC/TvC/MvC2 controls. I didn't get to play as the two characters I wanted to most, Hulk and Ryu, as they're not in the demo. I can say that Dante feels better than ever. His combos are still super fun to pull off and have a level of complexity that the other characters seem to lack. It's freaking bonkers playing as him.

On the note of returning characters, I'm very happy to say that they aren't direct ports from MvC3, Rocket in particular. Each character has a lot of new moves at their disposal. It was actually overwhelming looking through Captain America's move list. There's a lot of new stuff in each character that I played. No more '3 specials per character' each ones movelist is expansive. I need to replay the demo again to get more time in on the characters but... I may have to retract my previous statements about it being another Street Fighter V. A lot of love went into each and every character and the combos string together beautifully.

I may change my mind over the next few months but the demo has made me more optimistic. Instead of a definite no on the game, I'm back to a wait and see approach. I wanna see if all the leaks are true and I want to see if the graphics will get better.

The game is fun though. Really fun. Even in this tiny demo you get a real sense and feel of the combat. Bull**** DLC aside, this is a very polished fighting game. Through and through, it's 100% Marvel vs. Capcom and those only come around once in a blue moon.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I felt the Sony Presentation was OK overall, admittedly I'm not into VR and I don't care for some of the game series they shown off, but I felt it still had a few games that were interesting to show.

-MH: World: Well, it definitely does fit the mold they were aiming for as it draws very heavily from Western games and even incorporates elements from them such as guns and stealth. Overall, it looks OK, but I won't lie and say I don't have some concerns since it seems a bit rough around the edges at the moment and lacks some of the charm that I like about the main series. Still, it's early, so it has a year to go to impress, but right now it's sitting in the 'just OK' pile.
-God of War: Not the most interested in the game, though I do consider it interesting that they seem to have taken from the idea of one of the directors and he's setting his sights on taking down the Norse Gods. It's kind of neat that they referred back to their old ideas and are developing it, though they'll have to be careful and do it well since it does it run the risk of being repetitive.
-MvC:I: This game has been up and down pretty much, and this E3 changed little about that. The Story Trailer was... not very good, the animation and models were all over the place (ex. Chun Li really didn't last through the transition whereas Black Panther looks really good), the story isn't too enticing, and the voice acting is surprisingly hit or miss, if that was the only trailer the series got I wouldn't have been impressed. The only thing I really appreciated out of it was the confirmation of the leak (for better or for worse, it's nice to know what we're getting for sure) and that MH is definitely having a presence via the stage and Not!Jhen Mohran. The Gameplay trailer on the other hand looks a lot better and the same seems to hold true for the demo's gameplay based on the feedback from other forums. It actually seems like it'd be fun to play and that's exactly what I wanted to hear out of the game after these past few months have been very controversial for it. Of course I still have to play the demo before I can say for certain whether I find the gameplay worthwhile and I won't be able to until later tomorrow, but at least there seems to be some positives to this situation.
-Spiderman: Looks pretty good, I do like what they're setting up for the story and the gameplay looks fun. It was a good place to end off the show since I feel that was the strongest of their lineup, and I definitely will keep an eye on it for the future.
-Detroit: I have to say I like the concept of this game. Playing with the idea of choices has always been a thematic in games and it does seem like it could be used rather well in shaping the outcome of the rebellion. I look forward to seeing how this game shapes up in the future.

Overall, it's a pass. It's definitely not up to their usual standards and I think they could've traded a few of the announcements around to make the actual presentation stronger, but it's OK for what it was and it does offer some interesting games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So back from seeing a bunch of MvC Infinite.
It uh...
It has some ways to go. Like, a lot of ways to go. Like wow this is slowly feeling a lot like what happened with Street Fighter V a ways to go.

Like it's certainly something like Marvel, just, not quite there.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I saw that collector's edition of Undertale for the PS4. Say what you want, that was one of the best reveals so far.

That musical locket will be mine.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Alright people, since the leak I posted is pretty much legit, time to make a guess as to who "Death" is.

Is it the Marvel "Death"?

Or the Capcom "Death"?

My guess is the latter.
It's probably Capcom Death, but I'd like Marvel Death, cause she's kinda my type.

Also we really need more than 4 female characters I can't keep milking that joke for much longer.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. I'm playing the demo.

Gameplay is definitely fun. Definitely Marvel.

And the interactions between the characters make up for their ugly faces.

Chrono.

Oh yeah, the demo.

It's fun, it's fluid. Really wanted to play as X for longer and no DP motions is screwing me up badly.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Ahhhh can't sleep. Nintendo announcements tend to do this to me, and I've tried not to expect that much...

Maybe i'll just spend the time playing the Mahvel demo, crap in the Coqui miiverse, and continue my lunatic playthrough of TMS, in hope that my April Fools joke becomes reality tomorrow:
C8WIQSMUwAAAgJG.jpg
Low budget TMS2.
Disclaimer: I get excited when nintendo announces new things and generally don't find myself disappointed with their E3's. Blame me for loving just about every series they have....
Did we already do these? Is it about time to do these now that Nintendo's turn is less than 11 hours away? Are these legal?

Made mine a week ago, it looks like this.
E32017bingo.png

Actually wanted mine to be abit hard, so I went for bolder predictions at the last rows/columns.
I'd remove Pokken, but I think it'll at least cameo so I can count it. And i'll probably change Nindie Reel to Third party reel, i'm expecting that abit more for some reason.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just wanted to deliver the news that this month's Corocoro scans are leaking. Currently, there are no added details about UltraSun/UltraMoon, but they finally confirmed Marshadow will be distributed in Japanese movie theaters. Marshadow's Z-move is also finally official:

Not surprised this was "Marshadow's secret" they talked about from last month. We do have official art of Marshadow performing its Z-move, and I gotta say, Marshadow is definitely becoming one of my favorite Alola Pokemon just from that Z-move alone (and a neat design too).

Time to go and prepare an E3 bingo now. Tomorrow will be fun!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This is a damned awful time for anxiety to be kicking in. I can ill afford a panic attack tonight, of all nights...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Ohmori (the director of Sun and Moon) just tweeted a while ago that he's going to be at E3, so Pokémon news may still be in the cards.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I don't care if I made my board easy in spots, I just really want a Bingo this E3. If it's not already on this board, it's out of left-field to me.

Edit: I realized that they're probably going to show more Skyrim Switch details, but at this point I don't think I have room on my board, so eh.
Here's my disaster.
Don't worry if you played too safe or risky, the idea is to have fun with these things.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got up early to watch Sony.

Not the best idea, but it wasn't the worst thing ever.

Spider-Man and Shadow of the Colossus were the highlights.

God of War and Days Gone look interesting.

Seems like they are actually trying with VR, which is good to see but not for me personally.

Horizon DLC looks cool but need to find out what it actually contains. Will be getting regardless, though I think I know what it is about lore wise from what we saw.

Hopefully Nintendo can surprise us and go out with a bang.

Also Aaron Webber says there will be more Sonic Forces news at E3.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, my boy Jedah wasn't shown but you know, it's fine, it's fine.

However, this, this isn't fine.

Like, what the heck? Why does 80% of the roster look weird or bad? Seriously, is this the brother of the New Dante? Donte?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's my disaster.

Don't worry if you played too safe or risky, the idea is to have fun with these things.
Is that just for Nintendo conferences?

Cause you can cross off things like Rabbids and Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom