• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
20 minutes of Dissidia NT.

Gameplay looks real nice as I would expect, and so do the visuals.

But some of the stuff the Square Enix rep says aren't instilling hope.

1v1 apparently won't be in the game even though the arcade version had that (and the PSP games were 1v1 only). And while there is a story, it won't have a "proper story mode".

I'm also really sick of hearing "we wanted to focus on the competitive e-sports aspect" as the excuse for every fighting/action game these days being barren for modes. I get that e-sports are on the rise but not every game needs to be an e-sports game. There is such a thing as market saturation.

What made the original Dissidia games so good was the amount of modes, and the fully fleshed out RPG aspects. The story mode in 012 was also really fun. Going back from that feels like a step down. Also, they saud before that every character from past games would be in this one before, but now they're saying some will be excluded.
This is the only appropriate response to this. Nothing else needed. :glare:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Lmao no. They're saying Persona 5 is gonna be ported to the Vita instead of Switch or PC
I. . .instead of?

Like, not enjoying the idea of a system you like being called dead is one thing, but they're insisting that the system is going to get a port exclusively?

. . .Can the Vita even run P5, actually? I know it can't run Disgaea 5 and that's why the Switch got it instead of the Vita.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There will be more new gameplay of Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces in this stream, in about 2 hours from now.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just learned that if you stuff hamburger meat with a Hot Hoagie Sandwich Spread?

That **** is magnificent.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Good news, I made my own Hunger Games and it's glorious.

Bad news, Twitter locked my account and shadowbanned me for too many posts.

R.I.P. Me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realised that Mario x Rabbids may be revealed in Ubi's presentation.

I'd much prefer that - it'll leave more time for other new stuff in the Nintendo Spotlight.
It'd probably still get some attention at Nintendo's conference in some capacity or the treehouse thing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Ubisoft Pre-Show has a Switch on the table with Mysterion (South Park) and a Pyramid (AC: Origins).

upload_2017-6-12_20-25-53.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ubisoft Pre-Show has a Switch on the table with Mysterion (South Park) and a Pyramid (AC: Origins).

View attachment 130645

I had forgotten about the South Park game actually. There's little new news about it. I hope something good with Rayman shows up. Well, outside of Rabbids. Though that might not happen this year.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
That doesn't change the fact that Blaze initially came from another dimension, one that wasn't destroyed by a giant Lava Monster. Sure one could argue that since we didn't see her world in the first Rush game, we don't really know, but the fact that there wasn't even a sliver of that mentioned, it's safe to assume it never did.

Come Sonic 06, and she's from the future of Sonic's world (not her own), that's been destroyed by Iblis, has Chaos Emeralds instead of Sol Emeralds, and there's not even a hint of Eggman Nega.

Rush Adventure, and she's from another dimension again, and it continues what Rush set out for her.

Even if her timeline was erased in 06, there's nothing that lines it up with what was established in Rush. Which then got screwed even farther with Rivals, cause there, instead of being from another Dimension, Nega was from the Future and related to Eggman.
There's actually no reason for us to wrack our brains over this since Iizuka has, at Sonic Boom 2012, confirmed that Blaze is in fact from the Sol Dimension and not from the future. So according to this, not only did 06 rewrite itself but the game itself has been completely retconned; Blaze is definitely from another dimension and nothing more.

Fine by me, I have no problem ingnoring anything that happened in 06.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ayyy I just became a Smash Hero with 5,000 posts.

I feel... accomplished?

Good day to hit that milestone too. If a new Smash is revealed I've gone full circle.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Be me
>Wanted to make a Twitter to share deep fried memes
>I like to use the f-word a lot
>Ssssssshadowban
>****

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Apparently Aisha ""Lannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Tyler is not there to host Ubisoft this year.

But where will I get my E3 ''No ****s given" cursing.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Apparently Aisha ""Lannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Tyler is not there to host Ubisoft this year.

But where will get my E3 ''No ****s given" cursing.
Kinda funny I'm watching Archer right now and Archer *almost* just did his Lana yell.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
They just said "dankest of memes"in their pre-show and acknowledged the people saying their logo looked like a turd.

This is gonna be good.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They just said "dankest of memes"in their pre-show and acknowledged the people saying their logo looked like a turd.

This is gonna be good.

But they don't have their meme queen.

Like half of the fun of Ubisoft was Aisha Tyler trying to hold back her ''What the ****" faces at everything that was going on around her.

Chrono.

20 minutes of Dissidia NT.

Gameplay looks real nice as I would expect, and so do the visuals.

But some of the stuff the Square Enix rep says aren't instilling hope.

1v1 apparently won't be in the game even though the arcade version had that (and the PSP games were 1v1 only). And while there is a story, it won't have a "proper story mode".

I'm also really sick of hearing "we wanted to focus on the competitive e-sports aspect" as the excuse for every fighting/action game these days being barren for modes. I get that e-sports are on the rise but not every game needs to be an e-sports game. There is such a thing as market saturation.

What made the original Dissidia games so good was the amount of modes, and the fully fleshed out RPG aspects. The story mode in 012 was also really fun. Going back from that feels like a step down. Also, they saud before that every character from past games would be in this one before, but now they're saying some will be excluded.
I'm okay with no story mode if we get other modes to suffice.

No 1v1 is weird and so is leaving out characters from the older games (I don't really see who could they leave out, probably Prishe and Laguna).

I'll see where it goes from here.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Looks like we may be getting an N-Sane Trilogy demo after Sony's conference.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anyways, the "sit here and hope for a new Rayman game" conference is about to begin.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that Aisha Tyler was the girl that appeared on Friends as Ross' new girlfriend while Joey and Rachel attempted to start a relationship.

Dang, Im slow.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just realized that Aisha Tyler was the girl that appeared on Friends as Ross' new girlfriend while Joey and Rachel attempted to start a relationship.

Dang, Im slow.
All I remember Aisha Tyler from is the Who's Line Is It Anyway? revival.

I remember having to sit in the room through a ton of sitcoms as a kid Friends included, but I guess it didn't stick with me that well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm okay with no story mode if we get other modes to suffice.

No 1v1 is weird and so is leaving out characters from the older games (I don't really see who could they leave out, probably Prishe and Laguna).

I'll see where it goes from here.
I'm not super mad and will likely get the game day one. Especially if they do something crazy like adding Sora or something.

But I'm just a bit concerned to be hearing stuff like this so early.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Dang, Im slow.
Aisha has been around for years. She's a stand up comedian, in 2 of the three Santa Clause movies, voice of Lana Kane on Archer, appeared on Friends, Modern Family, is a current host of the View rip-off, The Talk, is the current host of Whose Line Is It Anyway, and a series regular on Criminal Minds right now, she's basically done a little bit of everything.

Good news, I made my own Hunger Games and it's glorious.

Bad news, Twitter locked my account and shadowbanned me for too many posts.

R.I.P. Me
>Be me
>Wanted to make a Twitter to share deep fried memes
>I like to use the f-word a lot
>Ssssssshadowban
>****
ERRYBODY GETS A SHADOWBAN

I dont think you can get banned for too many posts when there are bots running around posting every minute of every day

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Before I make the next Hunger Games match, anyone have any suggestions for contestants?

The ones I have in mind are Tamatoa (because he's the winner), Hamtaro, Brash the Bear, XJ9, and Yomi.

I need up to 16-20 for now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I can't wait to see some footage of Assassin's Creed: Rayman 4 Origins, South Park: Fractured But It's Actually Rayman 4, and Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle featuring Rayman 4.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
ERRYBODY GETS A SHADOWBAN

I dont think you can get banned for too many posts when there are bots running around posting every minute of every day
Well I can tell you that I was uploading many images of my Hunger Games match an hour ago and look where I am now.

I guess that's where double standards lie.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
AND IT IS THE FIRST ****IN THING THEY SHOW!

Mario and Rabbids ladies and gents.

Edit: Miyamoto on show floor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom