• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Expecting the Sonic games to follow a canon?

Blaze started out as being from another dimension, then from the future, back to another dimension (mind you, she still appears in later installments).
Well, the timeline where Blaze came from the future got written out of existence. . .even if she has some aftershocks of memories for some reason. The part about her still coming back is a good point, though. The fridge logic just hit me like a G.U.N. truck with buzzsaws.

Still a drop in the bucket compared to whatever on earth is going on with Eggman Nega.

Then there's the whole moon thing, which DOES have a canon explanation via interviews but it's ridiculous and they keep doubling down on it. Like, even Sonic X knew the moon thing was problematic enough that they went out of their way to use it as a plot point instead of ignore it, even if that plot point had it's own fridge logic involved.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dragonball Fighters Z includes Golden Frieza, so they better add Caulifla.

Every DB game must include Caulifla now. No exceptions.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Silver's not that popular iirc, especially because of his wasted potential and stupidity in 06
Really?

Back when I looked up fanart and YouTube videos and etc. he always seemed more popular than half the cast. Hedgehog points, y'know. I mean, he was the butt of a ton of jokes, but he showed up a ton.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Silver is popular.

He's just not the MOST popular.

He's above Chaotix at least.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well everyone, today is the day; it's my birthday!!! :):):)
Nice.

Happy birthday, man.

. . .Yup, that's the Sonic fanbase I know and uh. . .

Yeah where Smash fans are rabid, Sonic fans are just downright emo.

Pooooossibly, but pretty sure it's Silver's MO to rush to the past to fix things the instant the future is wrecked for whatever reason.

This'd probably do it.
Emo or thirsty, whichever comes first.

I wonder how Silver could notice if the future got re-wrecked, though. Maybe he went back after '06 and realized the world was still wrecked, so he picked another spot in the timeline?

Although returning to any part of '06 is probably pretty bleak.

Probably explains why we keep seeing him at the Olympics.

Silver used a Delorean. Or a police box. Maybe a hot tub
Hot tub.

Go with hot tub.

Well, the timeline where Blaze came from the future got written out of existence. . .even if she has some aftershocks of memories for some reason. The part about her still coming back is a good point, though. The fridge logic just hit me like a G.U.N. truck with buzzsaws.

Still a drop in the bucket compared to whatever on earth is going on with Eggman Nega.

Then there's the whole moon thing, which DOES have a canon explanation via interviews but it's ridiculous and they keep doubling down on it. Like, even Sonic X knew the moon thing was problematic enough that they went out of their way to use it as a plot point instead of ignore it, even if that plot point had it's own fridge logic involved.
Blaze has apparently always been from another dimension. She just popped into the main one around Silver's time, rather than Sonic's, in '06.

Her actions being erased with that timeline still manages to cross into timey-wimey territory.

But it's fine. We'd all like to pretend '06 never happened too.

Silver is popular.

Which is a goddamn travesty.

Vector and Espio and Honey Nut Cheerios are underrated.

Is Big the Cat in Forces?
He's too busy with a certain fishing adventure.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Liam Robertson has stated that the Switch's Mario + Rabbids game wasn't Ubisoft's first attempt to pitch Nintendo the idea.

He said the earliest was Wii or Wii U era (not sure which one due to his accent in the video) Video here

Still looking forward to that trailer.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Playing KH2.. need to get through the Experiment of Halloween town.. Most difficult non-secret boss in this game..

also who's currently up for today Sony? anything good?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

That doesn't change the fact that Blaze initially came from another dimension, one that wasn't destroyed by a giant Lava Monster. Sure one could argue that since we didn't see her world in the first Rush game, we don't really know, but the fact that there wasn't even a sliver of that mentioned, it's safe to assume it never did.

Come Sonic 06, and she's from the future of Sonic's world (not her own), that's been destroyed by Iblis, has Chaos Emeralds instead of Sol Emeralds, and there's not even a hint of Eggman Nega.

Rush Adventure, and she's from another dimension again, and it continues what Rush set out for her.

Even if her timeline was erased in 06, there's nothing that lines it up with what was established in Rush. Which then got screwed even farther with Rivals, cause there, instead of being from another Dimension, Nega was from the Future and related to Eggman.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Silver is popular.

Yeah, that was pretty much my take.

He's never as popular as Team Sonic or Shadow, but he shows up in a ton of fan stuff while the Chaotix may as well be Shiny Pokemon by comparison.

Who are also in Forces for some reason. people like Espio and Vector, but everyone wants to scorch Charmy to a crisp
Charmy exists as divine punishment to make Vector suffer for his arrogance.

Or something IDK.

. . .TBH the more I think about it the more Vector is lowkey the most underrated Sonic character. He's a hulking crocodile that's older than most of the heroic cast who's attempting to run a detective agency. Thing is, the agency doesn't get that many jobs, so he's always desperate for money and a bit greedy about it. He's still a good guy at heart though, so if something's important enough he'll still do it for free anyway. He's also got some of his roots as part of the band in Sonic's early prototypes still in him to this day complete with still lugging around the keyboard once in a while, but he's absolute trash at singing despite his attempts.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You can make him, but you probably can't make him fat. :upsidedown:
Absolutely disgusting
Yeah, that was pretty much my take.

He's never as popular as Team Sonic or Shadow, but he shows up in a ton of fan stuff while the Chaotix may as well be Shiny Pokemon by comparison.

Charmy exists as divine punishment to make Vector suffer for his arrogance.

Or something IDK.

. . .TBH the more I think about it the more Vector is lowkey the most underrated Sonic character. He's a hulking crocodile that's older than most of the heroic cast who's attempting to run a detective agency. Thing is, the agency doesn't get that many jobs, so he's always desperate for money and a bit greedy about it. He's still a good guy at heart though, so if something's important enough he'll still do it for free anyway. He's also got some of his roots as part of the band in Sonic's early prototypes still in him to this day complete with still lugging around the keyboard once in a while, but he's absolute trash at singing despite his attempts.
I like Vector

I want to see Charmy get facehugged though

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
20 minutes of Dissidia NT.

Gameplay looks real nice as I would expect, and so do the visuals.

But some of the stuff the Square Enix rep says aren't instilling hope.

1v1 apparently won't be in the game even though the arcade version had that (and the PSP games were 1v1 only). And while there is a story, it won't have a "proper story mode".

I'm also really sick of hearing "we wanted to focus on the competitive e-sports aspect" as the excuse for every fighting/action game these days being barren for modes. I get that e-sports are on the rise but not every game needs to be an e-sports game. There is such a thing as market saturation.

What made the original Dissidia games so good was the amount of modes, and the fully fleshed out RPG aspects. The story mode in 012 was also really fun. Going back from that feels like a step down. Also, they saud before that every character from past games would be in this one before, but now they're saying some will be excluded.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like a good E3 for Fighting games.

Even this odd crossover series...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That doesn't change the fact that Blaze initially came from another dimension, one that wasn't destroyed by a giant Lava Monster. Sure one could argue that since we didn't see her world in the first Rush game, we don't really know, but the fact that there wasn't even a sliver of that mentioned, it's safe to assume it never did.

Come Sonic 06, and she's from the future of Sonic's world (not her own), that's been destroyed by Iblis, has Chaos Emeralds instead of Sol Emeralds, and there's not even a hint of Eggman Nega.

Rush Adventure, and she's from another dimension again, and it continues what Rush set out for her.

Even if her timeline was erased in 06, there's nothing that lines it up with what was established in Rush. Which then got screwed even farther with Rivals, cause there, instead of being from another Dimension, Nega was from the Future and related to Eggman.
Apparently Iizuka cleared this up during a panel:

Sonic Wiki said:
Sonic Boom 2012---SonicKamehameha---. YouTube (17 July 2012). Retrieved on 21 December 2015. “Speaker: Iizuka-san, can you please clear out the story of Silver, Blaze and Eggman Nega? Also to mention, in the future, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rivals and Sonic 2006 they all know each other, but in Sonic Colors, they never met. / Takashi Iizuka (as translated by the Q&A board's translator): So everyone probably know this, but Silver and Eggman Nega are from the future, and Blaze is from an alternate dimension. But in 2006, basically what happens is that everyone had like amnesia.”
Takeaway being that Blaze is canonically extradimensional, even in '06. Unfortunately the link itself is dead, but another recording is probably still on youtube somewhere.

Why she crossed to the main one in the future instead of the present is a good question. Shenanigans is probably the answer.

. . .TBH the more I think about it the more Vector is lowkey the most underrated Sonic character.
I like Vector
I'm not alone.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well everyone; thank you very much for the birthday wishes so far today! It just goes to show how wonderful of a place Smashboards has been and always will be for me! :):b::)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like a good E3 for Fighting games.

Even this odd crossover series...

Curly is in it so I'm immediatelly interested
I just hope the gameplay isn't final here, it looks too clunky.
Still, I have hopes for this game, with the mention of them trying to make it a mix between SF and Smash and I want to see what other characters they add in even though I only know 1.5 of the currently revealed ones.

Takeaway being that Blaze is canonically extradimensional, even in '06. Unfortunately the link itself is dead, but another recording is probably still on youtube somewhere.

Why she crossed to the main one in the future instead of the present is a good question. Shenanigans is probably the answer.

I'm not alone.
"[...]basically what happens is that everyone had like amnesia.”
****, where have I seen this before?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I'm not alone.
This is why I just accept the games as they are. Trying to make sense of the canon is a fool's errand

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well everyone; thank you very much for the birthday wishes so far today! It just goes to show how wonderful of a place Smashboards has been and always will be for me! :):b::)
I need to remember to get around to birthday wishes more often.

IIRC the song Happy Birthday is finally in the public domain, but that'd probably be cliche.

At any rate, happy anniversary of the first day light entered your world!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I'm not alone.
Blaze was an Ultra Beast before it was cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Espio and Vector are honestly pretty popular.

Everyone gets excited when they show up and I haven't seen a single person dislike them.

Vector also has one of the most popular Sonic memes associated with him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For those who didn't see it, there's some gameplay footage of DBFZ. This one's about 15 minutes. It actually has some Budokai style stuff too, like planet busting. Though the GG and Marvel stuff is the most prominent. And there's some alt colors to look at.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yet another hedgehog, this one psychic and from the future with even spikier hair is so dumb and so indicative of where the Sonic series has gone that I'm not surprised he's popular. :p

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Don't know what's worse.

That news, or the things that site recommends afterwards:

-image removed-

To say nothing of why anyone would swat themselves over Avatar 2, which is surely the only possible word implied there. Mods.

Maybe it'll spur a reissue instead?

Hey, a rat can dream.
If you see "User was warned for this post" thats how you know it;s Good

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Time to show my mediocre Sonic knowledge:
Was she native of the dimension she came from?
She's the guardian of that dimension's counterpart of the Chaos Emeralds and grew up there being mocked by the other kids for her fire powers, I don't see why she wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom