• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I need to remember to get around to birthday wishes more often.

IIRC the song Happy Birthday is finally in the public domain, but that'd probably be cliche.

At any rate, happy anniversary of the first day light entered your world!
the way you say happy brithday and the way I say happy birthday are so very different. Mine are more dark.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Time to show my mediocre Sonic knowledge:
Was she native of the dimension she came from?
Yep.

Also a princess, because at this point why not.

If you see "User was warned for this post" thats how you know it;s Good
I'm not saying you're wrong per se.

But I'm saying a bigger censored bar wouldn't have hurt.

the waybyoubsaybhaooy brithday and the way I say happy birthday are so very different. Mine are more dark
Pretty sure that's how A Distant Demon A Distant Demon says it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Pretty sure that's how A Distant Demon A Distant Demon sings it.
Either something is wrong with me, or my phone is due for an upgrade and I think its both but Id have to buy my own phone, my dad said, and Im saving money for a laptop. It just been bugging out so much that Im making typos all the time

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
She's the guardian of that dimension's counterpart of the Chaos Emeralds and grew up there being mocked by the other kids for her fire powers, I don't see why she wouldn't be.
Faller means she traveled through a wormhole. But she's also native, boom, Ultra.

Why Im mixing the already complicated Sonic plot with the Pokémon one?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well everyone; thank you very much for the birthday wishes so far today! It just goes to show how wonderful of a place Smashboards has been and always will be for me! :):b::)
Smashboards is probably the best forum I have ever known, there are other Nintendo forums out there, most are pretty inactive or just don't feel good when it comes to quality.

Recently played hours of Overwatch to get that Tracer skin, but I still failed to get it for now, I still ahve couple of hours to play before Nintendo Spotlight starts.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Either something is wrong with me, or my phone is due for an upgrade and I think its both but Id have to buy my own phone, my dad said, and Im saving money for a laptop. It just been bugging out so much that Im making typos all the time
Nah, it's good.

Probably just the keyboard. My thumbs like to hit B instead of the spacebar too.

Faller means she traveled through a wormhole. But she's also native, boom, Ultra.

Don't cross the streams.

It would be bad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Nah, it's good.

Probably just the keyboard. My thumbs like to hit B instead of the spacebar too.
Oh good, I thought I was the only one that happend too pff. But it does glitch up sometimes. The keyboard sometimes likes to show up then instantly dissaper. I almost hulk smashed this phone out of anger because of that once

Last edited:

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
On a completely different note, I just finished Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Review in the spoiler thingy below.

Ah, connectivity. The buzzword that never took off. The year was 2003 and Nintendo was completely obsessed with this concept of “connectivity”. Their vision was that every player would connect 4 different handhelds to each other and then to their home console all to play one game. Oh yeah, and you have to buy special cables for each handheld, so $700 worth of systems and $150 worth of cables later, you can finally play the experience Nintendo has intended for you. Luckily, connectivity was a miserable failure since nobody could afford it, but amidst all the Animal Crossing e-Reader cards and ugly purple cables, it left a few quality games in its dust. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror may have been the finest of these, a game that promoted four players cramped together on the floor but secretly delivered a better single-player Kirby experience than any other.

The Amazing Mirror has shattered into eight different pieces and unleashed great evil across Dream Land. In the process, Kirby has been split into four different recolors of himself. You know, exactly like Zelda's Four Swords. These four Kirbys only apply to multiplayer, who communicate with now-outdated-looking cell phones. A lone player will control the standard pink Kirby, who functions as he always has – infinite flight, sucking up enemies, gaining their abilities, and using said abilities to collect secret items and progress through stages. Although Kirby and the Amazing Mirror looks like a basic Kirby game on the exterior, however, it plays more like a Metroid or Castlevania title in that everything takes place in one seamless connecting world. The “maze” pun in “Amazing Mirror” is no coincidence, as everything is about finding your way, retracing your steps, and finding ways to reach places you could not before.

The worlds themselves are vibrant and beautiful. The primary objective is to locate the boss in each zone and earn a shard of the mirror, though further rewards await for finding every treasure chest and uncovering each portion of the map. Along the way, you will activate portal mirrors which act as shortcuts between worlds. Adopting the Metroid style even further, Amazing Mirror has many largely optional areas that will benefit you in the long run if you seek them out. It's a very atypical approach to the Kirby formula, but given Kirby's infinite flight abilities and assorted powers, it works beautifully as an incentive for exploration. However, the rewards for finding the chests scattered around the world can sometimes be lackluster. With all due respect to other Kirby games, which are very fun, they can be easily completed by a five-year-old. Even if you only want to accomplish the minimum in Amazing Mirror, you still need to really think to solve puzzles and access blacked-out areas of your map.

The 4-player co-op experience was a bold new addition to the series at this point (unless you count Crystal Shards' minigames) and is a blast even in spite of a hiccup here and there. Up to four Game Boy Advance or DS systems can be connected and play as part of the adventure. This helps you cover more ground than you would alone, as unlike other co-op Nintendo platform games, having your own screen means you can split up wherever you want and are not required to all stay within close proximity. This is a godsend that somehow dwarfs many Nintendo-co-op experiences a decade later. The cell phone system lets you teleport everyone to one location if you wish, which is especially useful for boss fights. A battery will show on your screen indicating how far you are in the maze from the other players. Perhaps ironically, however, the lower your battery icon gets, the more lag and slowdown you encounter. It's an unfortunate side effect of a co-op experience perhaps too ambitious for the hardware it is running on. Visually, this is one of the more pleasing Game Boy Advance titles, while the music is a catchy mix of both new and familiar Kirby tunes.

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is now one of my favorite Kirby games. It takes the generally simplistic nature of Kirby platform games and throws it into a giant, seamless world, turning simple beat-em-up challenges into obsessive exploring. Uncovering everything requires you to fully immerse yourself in the world and learn what path leads where, and even simply defeating each boss and moving on to the next area is reasonably challenging. The music and visuals are vibrant and charming too. The multiplayer is a blast and gives your group lots of freedom, even with the framerate issues. And of course, the standard Kirby elements like sucking everything up and wreaking havoc are as fun as ever. Plus, without the need for those godforsaken cables anymore, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror shines even more brightly now that Nintendo has long given up the connectivity ghost. But at least it left this gem behind.

Final Score: 9/10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is why I shouldn't be allowed to name things.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

. . .Wait, that was a distinction?

The Ultra Beasts are native to the Ultra Dimension. The Battle Frontier Brain was native to another parallel dimension. I thought the distinction between Fallers and Ultra Beasts was that Fallers were just ordinary people that dropped from another dimension and Ultra Beasts were Pokemon that were unidentified due to the dimension being different enough that it was hard to tell what they were. The Fallers were covered in the same energy as Ultra Beasts, that was part of the plot.

In Blaze's case, I'd think she'd qualify as a Faller in Rush give or take distinctions because she's not unidentifiable. In turn Sonic and Tails would probably count as the Fallers in Rush Adventure.

And I mean because why the heck not, right??

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
On a completely different note, I just finished Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Review in the spoiler thingy below.

Ah, connectivity. The buzzword that never took off. The year was 2003 and Nintendo was completely obsessed with this concept of “connectivity”. Their vision was that every player would connect 4 different handhelds to each other and then to their home console all to play one game. Oh yeah, and you have to buy special cables for each handheld, so $700 worth of systems and $150 worth of cables later, you can finally play the experience Nintendo has intended for you. Luckily, connectivity was a miserable failure since nobody could afford it, but amidst all the Animal Crossing e-Reader cards and ugly purple cables, it left a few quality games in its dust. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror may have been the finest of these, a game that promoted four players cramped together on the floor but secretly delivered a better single-player Kirby experience than any other.

The Amazing Mirror has shattered into eight different pieces and unleashed great evil across Dream Land. In the process, Kirby has been split into four different recolors of himself. You know, exactly like Zelda's Four Swords. These four Kirbys only apply to multiplayer, who communicate with now-outdated-looking cell phones. A lone player will control the standard pink Kirby, who functions as he always has – infinite flight, sucking up enemies, gaining their abilities, and using said abilities to collect secret items and progress through stages. Although Kirby and the Amazing Mirror looks like a basic Kirby game on the exterior, however, it plays more like a Metroid or Castlevania title in that everything takes place in one seamless connecting world. The “maze” pun in “Amazing Mirror” is no coincidence, as everything is about finding your way, retracing your steps, and finding ways to reach places you could not before.

The worlds themselves are vibrant and beautiful. The primary objective is to locate the boss in each zone and earn a shard of the mirror, though further rewards await for finding every treasure chest and uncovering each portion of the map. Along the way, you will activate portal mirrors which act as shortcuts between worlds. Adopting the Metroid style even further, Amazing Mirror has many largely optional areas that will benefit you in the long run if you seek them out. It's a very atypical approach to the Kirby formula, but given Kirby's infinite flight abilities and assorted powers, it works beautifully as an incentive for exploration. However, the rewards for finding the chests scattered around the world can sometimes be lackluster. With all due respect to other Kirby games, which are very fun, they can be easily completed by a five-year-old. Even if you only want to accomplish the minimum in Amazing Mirror, you still need to really think to solve puzzles and access blacked-out areas of your map.

The 4-player co-op experience was a bold new addition to the series at this point (unless you count Crystal Shards' minigames) and is a blast even in spite of a hiccup here and there. Up to four Game Boy Advance or DS systems can be connected and play as part of the adventure. This helps you cover more ground than you would alone, as unlike other co-op Nintendo platform games, having your own screen means you can split up wherever you want and are not required to all stay within close proximity. This is a godsend that somehow dwarfs many Nintendo-co-op experiences a decade later. The cell phone system lets you teleport everyone to one location if you wish, which is especially useful for boss fights. A battery will show on your screen indicating how far you are in the maze from the other players. Perhaps ironically, however, the lower your battery icon gets, the more lag and slowdown you encounter. It's an unfortunate side effect of a co-op experience perhaps too ambitious for the hardware it is running on. Visually, this is one of the more pleasing Game Boy Advance titles, while the music is a catchy mix of both new and familiar Kirby tunes.

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is now one of my favorite Kirby games. It takes the generally simplistic nature of Kirby platform games and throws it into a giant, seamless world, turning simple beat-em-up challenges into obsessive exploring. Uncovering everything requires you to fully immerse yourself in the world and learn what path leads where, and even simply defeating each boss and moving on to the next area is reasonably challenging. The music and visuals are vibrant and charming too. The multiplayer is a blast and gives your group lots of freedom, even with the framerate issues. And of course, the standard Kirby elements like sucking everything up and wreaking havoc are as fun as ever. Plus, without the need for those godforsaken cables anymore, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror shines even more brightly now that Nintendo has long given up the connectivity ghost. But at least it left this gem behind.

Final Score: 9/10
Yep. I found that game to be pretty fun when I was younger. Even after finding everything, sometimes I'd just go around and fool around with the CPU Kirby partners.

-----

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
. . .Wait, that was a distinction?

The Ultra Beasts are native to the Ultra Dimension. The Battle Frontier Brain was native to another parallel dimension. I thought the distinction between Fallers and Ultra Beasts was that Fallers were just ordinary people that dropped from another dimension and Ultra Beasts were Pokemon that were unidentified due to the dimension being different enough that it was hard to tell what they were. The Fallers were covered in the same energy as Ultra Beasts, that was part of the plot.

In Blaze's case, I'd think she'd qualify as a Faller in Rush give or take distinctions because she's not unidentifiable. In turn Sonic and Tails would probably count as the Fallers in Rush Adventure.

And I mean because why the heck not, right??
Fallers only really had to pass through the wormhole, dimension of origin be damned. That's why the player, amongst others, is also one by the end of S/M.

Still counts, though. Doesn't change the what, just the why.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Mirror Triforce Cup is fast earning a spot on my Bite My Yellow Ass list.

I just want Gold Mario, dammit.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It started ~45 minutes ago

Battletech, Destiny 2, Ooblet(?) shadowverse, and probaby a few games I cant remember were shown so far.

Nothing too major IMO other than Destiny but maybe I dont know the PC community that well
Well, now I know better than to use the IGN schedule. Said it'd be at 12PM PST

edit: Wow... this really is a boring show. Like... I dunno, maybe show us the game being talked about?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Bad news for ya, to unlock Gold Mario you have to beat all 200 cc cups in first place, not the mirror cups.
Well, yes. We're getting to that. Working my way up from the bottom.

Good practice for a relative beginner, and it nails the Gold Kart as well this way.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
It started ~45 minutes ago

Battletech, Destiny 2, Ooblet(?) shadowverse, and probaby a few games I cant remember were shown so far.

Nothing too major IMO other than Destiny but maybe I dont know the PC community that well
Wait, does the PC community get its own segment in E3?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Rainbow Road on 200cc is utterly preposterous. The rest I more or less got the hang of. Still not really a fan of the mode. At least when the game isn't built around it.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
20 minutes of Dissidia NT.

1v1 apparently won't be in the game even though the arcade version had that (and the PSP games were 1v1 only). And while there is a story, it won't have a "proper story mode".

Also, they saud before that every character from past games would be in this one before, but now they're saying some will be excluded.
Jesus christ...
God. Damn it. 'Spose this is what I get for being optimistic about a release from a major game company.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can say that I'm glad I was able to not only get first in all Grand Prix categories in MK8D, but I secured three stars in every cup as well...for 150cc, mirrored AND 200cc...

Now for those Time trials X_X

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just realised that Mario x Rabbids may be revealed in Ubi's presentation.

I'd much prefer that - it'll leave more time for other new stuff in the Nintendo Spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom