• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ah, the home button thing is actually an interesting question. It has the capability to glow, but the hardware ability has never actually been enabled. There's a little light that's currently going unused.
Huh. Never thought to check this, but spot on. Pro controller's in the same boat.

Odd. Surely it'd have the same use cases as the Wii U gamepad's home button light.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Looking through news, I see Reggie has confirmed that Nintendo is going to rapidfire the Spotlight, that there will be multiple new reveals, and that there will be additional news outside of the Spotlight.

That was the scenario I was hoping they were aiming for, now let's just see what they have to offer tomorrow.

. . .And I have to admit, Skyrim wasn't the game I was expecting to see Amiibo support in. I'm sure that'll make someone out there's dreams come true. It's gonna make those BotW Amiibo even harder to get though, LOL.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
User was warned for this post
Daily reminder that Capcom games like MvCI needs to sell 2 million copies in order to justify a sequel. In other words, if MvCI under-performs, don't expect a sequel ever barring extraordinary circumstances.
Don't know what's worse.

That news, or the things that site recommends afterwards:

-image removed-

To say nothing of why anyone would swat themselves over Avatar 2, which is surely the only possible word implied there. Mods.

Looking through news, I see Reggie has confirmed that Nintendo is going to rapidfire the Spotlight, that there will be multiple new reveals, and that there will be additional news outside of the Spotlight.

That was the scenario I was hoping they were aiming for, now let's just see what they have to offer tomorrow.

. . .And I have to admit, Skyrim wasn't the game I was expecting to see Amiibo support in. I'm sure that'll make someone out there's dreams come true. It's gonna make those BotW Amiibo even harder to get though, LOL.
Maybe it'll spur a reissue instead?

Hey, a rat can dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
THEY FINALLY DID IT BOIS

After almost 5 years, they finally fixed Final Xemnas.

Additionally, save crashing in KH2 is fixed, and various movement discrepancies have been fixed in KH1 and KH2.

They also added a Theater Mode to KH1, and a new scene to the 358/2 Days movie.

Apparently they broke Data Marluxia now, though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
THEY FINALLY DID IT BOIS

After almost 5 years, they finally fixed Final Xemnas.

Additionally, save crashing in KH2 is fixed, and various movement discrepancies have been fixed in KH1 and KH2.

They also added a Theater Mode to KH1, and a new scene to the 358/2 Days movie.

Apparently they broke Data Marluxia now, though.
Yeah but, what about the PS3 version?:drohmy:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw some tweets about new Sonic Forces footage including a boss and hub world. Why hasn't anyone brought it up?
Perfect timing, I was just about to.

Few things to take from it:

-Various characters confirmed. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, the Chaotix, Shadow, and Silver. Seems like they will be constantly offering radio chatter as you play.

-In the Avatar's level, a random NPC "Soldier" also appears on the radio (this was one of my biggest hopes)

-Green Hill Zone actually has a whole power plant section, which is why all of the water is drained. Some of the grass and land is really dull.

-EGG DRAGOON! UNLEASHED NEVER DIES, BABY!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

-Various characters confirmed. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, the Chaotix, Shadow, and Silver. Seems like they will be constantly offering radio chatter as you play.

-In the Avatar's level, a random NPC "Soldier" also appears on the radio (this was one of my biggest hopes)

-Green Hill Zone actually has a whole power plant section, which is why all of the water is drained. Some of the grass and land is really dull.

Seems like Forces is coming along really well. I'm happy for Sonic team right now. Here's to hoping that the final product is stellar.
Also, I am so happy that Mania is coming out relatively soon!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

It having a power plant makes the stage looking so dead make way more sense. Guess you really can't compare it to Generations' Green Hill outside of "this is what happens when Egg man wins"

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The game is looking better, but I don't know, something about it is not clicking with me.

I do like that we finally have anthro NPCs in a Sonic game. Humans in Sonic games never bothered me, but I always found it strange that Sonic and friends were pretty much the only anthros in the world.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Considering how there has been some talk about Professor Layton games here, I finally made a general thread on the Nintenzone forums where you can discuss all about Layton news and the series. Click here to check it out.

Some of you Layton fans will like this thread for sure, and with Lady Layton coming out next month, I'm sure there will be some discussion about these games.

------

Well everyone, today is the day; it's my birthday!!! :):):)
Happy Birthday!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Holy crap this game just keeps getting better.

I need a beta key.
The game looks phenomenal~!

From the footage I've seen, as similar as it may be to Xrd, they made sure to add all kinds of touches/mechanics to make it stand out on it's own.

DBZ is the hypest ****.

As someone who grew up with DBZ, followed by buying a **** ton of DBZ games (buodakai 1-3, tenkaichi 1-3. sagas, Raging blast 1+2 etc) seeing another game so hye is really exhilirating.

Im a little dissapointed since I wont be able to play it, let alone be any good at it, but it's still really cool.

We need Great Saiyaman and Videl ASAP tho

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The game is looking better, but I don't know, something about it is not clicking with me.

I do like that we finally have anthro NPCs in a Sonic game. Humans in Sonic games never bothered me, but I always found it strange that Sonic and friends were pretty much the only anthros in the world.
The main reason I'm glad we have anthro NPCs is that it gives me more confidence that the inclusion of the OC is gonna avoid common Mary Sue tropes that come with OCs in other games and OCs in fan fiction.

One such trope is having the OC character be the only one among a group of iconic characters and they just outshine everyone else, which they did in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Your OC just kinda comes out of nowhere and saves all these DBZ characters in distorted versions of classic DBZ scenes. And while other player's avatars run around the hub world if you play online, they aren't integrated into the story.

With Sonic Forces, having the anthro NPCs establishes that your OC is one random anthro of many in Sonic's resistance group. Plus you don't have any over the top powers, but you uses cool gadgets to make up for it. Having the two Sonics still be playable characters as a mandatory part of the story also helps, since your OC doesn't overshadow Sonic. It leads for a potentially more interesting story of your character working their way up through the ranks.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What did he mean by this?

Hey look:4corrin: it's Infinite Universe Theory :4lucario:back for another round again.

I guess they didn't want to use time travel as a Sonic game plot point for a. . .how many games has it been again? At least three? Granted Silver kind of trips into the general concept whenever he shows up including here, but that doesn't involve Sonic himself time traveling. And this IS the kind of emergency that would summon Silver to do his shtick either way.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta say. That Sonic Forces footage was pretty hype.

But why is Silver in this? Are we in the future?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was reading the comments section of the Super Lucky's Tale and this was the highest rating:

"Conker's Good Fur Day"

I can't stop laughing. Still looks like a fun game though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Glad to see the Sonic fanbase is as rational as usual.
. . .Yup, that's the Sonic fanbase I know and uh. . .

Yeah where Smash fans are rabid, Sonic fans are just downright emo.

Pooooossibly, but pretty sure it's Silver's MO to rush to the past to fix things the instant the future is wrecked for whatever reason.

This'd probably do it.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't get why Capcom sets such absurdly high standards for justifying a sequel. I get that they need a franchise to be popular in order to continue it, but saying that they want Resident Evil 7 to sell ten million copies (for reference, it seems like all versions of Resident Evil 4 combined have sold about 6.5 million copies to date, while ten million is how much the entire Dead Rising franchise has sold across every single game) just makes them seem either absurdly optimistic or completely foolish.
For reference, Dark Souls managed to be a success with just around 2 million copies due to it being budgeted, marketed and made appropriately. So it's just due to poor business decisions why something like Resident Evil 6 turned out to be a disappointment sales-wise.

Glad to see the Sonic fanbase is as rational as usual.
People are just being emos as usual.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

A timeline where Eggman won seems like a pretty good excuse for Silver to come back.

How he travelled back in time this time, is another question that I'm sure will be answered.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Expecting the Sonic games to follow a canon?

Blaze started out as being from another dimension, then from the future, back to another dimension (mind you, she still appears in later installments).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom