• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I like to make the song Cool Kids be the anthem for people who hate things to be cool

"I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids"

Last edited:

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
One part of me tells me I should regret skipping the Devolver conference.
Don't regret it. While the opening 15-20 minutes was....... interesting. The rest was pretty annoying in my opinion. I do appreciate the fact that it didn't take itself seriously. Kind of a breath of fresh air after the rigid conferences that E3 is known for.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It depends on who that character is and how much I care about them.

I can't really compare with an indie title, so I'll go with this. You know how I was joking about FE characters in the Switch version of a Soul Calibur game (if another one ever happens, lol)? I'd strongly consider buying it if one of those guest fighters was Robin. And I suck at any traditional fighter that isn't Pokkén!

I bet a lot of people felt similarly about Link in SC2, actually...

Ah, Twitch chat. So desperate to be the cool kids that they try to exclude anyone they can to make themselves look high and mighty.
I understand where you're coming from, but Robin and especially Link ain't no supporting character from one indie title. One of them is one of the foremost icons in gaming. Apples and oranges, really.

Though I agree in principle it's a matter of personal worth.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Different people watching the stream and watching the trailer maybe? At least what I saw in the chat, it just felt like most people had a huge dislike for Nintendo and not that it was another version of Skyrim.
Are you sure though?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I gotta unlock more stuff in Tekken 7. I really want the Blue hit effect for Jin. Especially since I made his TAG 1 costume.

Though I'm happy with the Tekken 4 Hoodie in red and orange. Looks almost like how I made it in Tekken 5 back in the day.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are you sure though?
While the comments didn't specify whether it was because of Skyrim or Nintendo, the negativity started when the Switch logo appeared and got worse when the Zelda content was shown.

There wasn't much negativity for anything else Bethesda did, not even the mention of purchasing mods with credits. So, I felt like it wasn't because people were unhappy with Bethesda but they just really didn't like anything to do with Nintendo.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There wasn't much negativity for anything else Bethesda did, not even the mention of purchasing mods with credits. So, I felt like it wasn't because people were unhappy with Bethesda but they just really didn't like anything to do with Nintendo.
That's awfully sad.

What were some of the things being said?

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
While the comments didn't specify whether it was because of Skyrim or Nintendo, the negativity started when the Switch logo appeared and got worse when the Zelda content was shown.

You'd be surprised at the number of Nintendo haters. Jealous. It's really quite sad.

D

Deleted member

Again, I don't think that is a warp. It is a normal trait you see on screwed back covers.
I also notice my right Joy Con is slightly wonky than left Joy-Con. But I think that is just some slight variations when comes to the Joy-Con slid rails. I can always get new sets of Joy-Cons if they start to wear out. Remember, Joy Con's do wear out since you slide them in to the metal rail.
Perhaps you're right, and it's not a warp at all. The screw simply wasn't tightened on the upper side of the system. This may apply to the back side as well. But not every unit they ship is going to be perfect, so of course, some units will vary by appearance. Just like I mentioned before, as long as there are no further complications caused by this manufacturing variation, such as the system overheating while in the Dock, there should be no problem with my system. It's not like I notice it at a glance, anyways.

Yeah, that's true as well-- it's pretty apparent that the rails on the Joy-Con will wear over time because you slide them in and out of the system. If you have backup Joy-Con in case they wear out, then that's cool. I went for the Neon Blue Joy-Con (L) and Neon Red Joy-Con (R) with the system, and another pair of controllers with the opposite colors.

Though I initially was planning to use Neon Red on both controllers, I'm actually finding myself use the default blue and red configuration a lot more. There's something striking about it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Remember that Nintendo is literally Satan for some people unless they release Metroid, F-Zero, Mother 3, Melee HD, etc.

Inb4 it happens on Tuesday.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Last Night is a game which says that if everyone on the planet had a stable income, there'd be no creativity

I'm blacklisting the game off of my mind because of how utterly ridiculous that is. Source is the Steam page
That goes against literally all of history.

Big booms in art and technology occur when the population of a country has enough resources to survive without constantly working.

For art and technology to be possible you need.

• All basic human needs met
  • Adequate resources
  • Free time
Why does this man think creativity doesn't happen if everyone had a stable income? Is he saying that the stable income would be so low it would hamper creativity (which is understandable I guess)? Is he saying people would get complacent (which is wrong)?

What kind of political commentary is this man trying to make?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's awfully sad.

What were some of the things being said?
Just the usual stuff.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LAME
THIS IS CRAP
NO BODY WANTS THIS

EDIT: I guess the chat only had certain kinds of people. The upload of the conference is filled with negativity directed to Bethesda. No one in the comments seems to have liked it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Big booms in art and technology occur when the population of a country has enough resources to survive without constantly working.

• Adequate resources
  • Free time
Why does this man think creativity doesn't happen if everyone had a stable income? Is he saying that the stable income would be so low it would hamper creativity (which is understandable I guess)? Is he saying people would get complacent (which is wrong)?

I have no ****ing idea, but apparently the game's lead tweeted about being pro gamergate and ****, so it's likely something like 'making games with contradictory messages to own sjws' or something if that's the case. The Steam page claims that the game shows how society has lost a creative drive.
Oh, and didn't one character in the trailer have a second class income according to the trailer? Contradicts the main premise.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The Zelder Scrolls officially happened today. Don't ever forget this.

Bethesda was dead ****ing serious about supporting the Switch, and they delivered in a means they have never done in such a scale.

I guarantee we will be hearing more of Ninty x Beth.

EDIT: Look at this though.

B-E-A-Utiful.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Remember that Nintendo is literally Satan for some people unless they release Metroid, F-Zero, Mother 3, Melee HD, etc.

Inb4 it happens on Tuesday.
I mean, not that I agree with some of the crazier fans. But F-Zero hasn't had a game in about 12 years or so right? And it fills a perfect niche of it's own but it isn't brought back because they can't think of some gimmick to attach instead of doing what worked before and slapping on a solid online experience.

Metroid will likely turn around one of these days. So I'm not worried about that too much.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

''Now sweetie, you have to understand the S is 299 and Mommy can do that, she can also do 499, but sweetie Mommy can get you more games if you let Mommy get you the S instead."

This is exactly what is going to happen all holiday season.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just the usual stuff.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LAME
THIS IS CRAP
NO BODY WANTS THIS

EDIT: I guess the chat only had certain kinds of people. The upload of the conference is filled with negativity directed to Bethesda. No one in the comments seems to have liked it.

Really? The comments in this trailer seem mostly positive and any negativity isn't direct at Nintendo.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

''Now sweetie, you have to understand the S is 299 and Mommy can do that, she can also do 499, but sweetie Mommy can get you more games if you let Mommy get you the S instead."

>my stupid sons

Oh we have a wonder parent right here.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, maybe it's just me, but sticking with the Scorpio would have been fine I think.

I guess it's neat that you can abbreviate X-BOX One X as X.B.O.X. If you care about that kind of stuff.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings

What do you think the Slim version of the Xbox One X would be called? :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
>my stupid sons

Oh we have a wonder parent right here.
If that your qualifications of a bad parent then...wow.

Parents can be loving and great and still be frustrated and even find the actions of their kids dumb or stupid and maybe even call them that.

Not that I should have to explain that since the tweet is just a joke anyways.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

• Adequate resources
  • Free time

The only way I can see that line of logic working is this.

Art is suffering.
Being poor is suffering.
Therefore art can't exist without poor people.

It's terrible logic because it's taking a metaphor at face value while also saying that correlation=causation, but I can see how someone who doesn't know how things work might think that.

Either that or the guy's an idiot, which, based on what others have said, is more than likely the case.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Really? The comments in this trailer seem mostly positive and any negativity isn't direct at Nintendo.
They didn't start that way. People turned into flustered baboons at reveal. They're now calmed down and getting out of their expectations cocoon and accepting that its a thing instead of being quietly upset that TES 6 is a no show again.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only way I can see that line of logic working is this.

Art is suffering.
Being poor is suffering.
Therefore art can't exist without poor people.

It's terrible logic because it's taking a metaphor at face value while also saying that correlation=causation, but I can see how someone who doesn't know how things work might think that.

Either that or the guy's an idiot, which, based on what others have said, is more than likely the case.
Hold on.

This sounds too stupid.

*Checks Steam*

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

You either didn't read for **** or purposely left stuff out.

Humans first knew the era of survival. Then they knew the era of work. Now they live in the era of leisure. Machines have surpassed human labour not only in strength, but in precision, intellect, and creativity. Stabilised by universal income, people struggle to find their calling or identity, and define themselves by what they consume, rather than what they create.

The Last Night immerses you in the everyday life of Charlie, a second-class citizen living in a city brimming with augmentation and citizens living a gamified existence -- none of which Charlie can experience himself due to a childhood accident. Apathetic and disheartened by the seemingly pointless world around him, Charlie is presented with an opportunity to take matters into his own hands. But at what risk?
It wasn't the income that caused the lack of creativity.

Gosh darn it, now the premise makes sense.

Rider Gwen, instead of getting everything wrong, just post the whole thing next time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Yeah it's like everyone who hated it but liked everything else was in that chat but have disappeared elsewhere. Honestly those comments are the opposite of what was in the chat.

I guess it's also different people commenting on the Bethesda conference after it happened rather than during. Even in the Skyrim Switch trailer, there's people giving praise to Bethesda for stuff other than the Switch port. Go to the conference video, nothing but complaints.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah it's like everyone who hated it but liked everything else was in that chat but have disappeared elsewhere. Honestly those comments are the opposite of what was in the chat.

I guess it's also different people commenting on the Bethesda conference after it happened rather than during. Even in the Skyrim Switch trailer, there's people giving praise to Bethesda for stuff other than the Switch port. Go to the conference video, nothing but complaints.
Paid mods will do that to ya.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Some Gameplay of Blade Strangers.

Game looks like it'll be poverty (that doesn't mean it'll be bad, Melty Blood is poverty, and that game is good).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some Gameplay of Blade Strangers.

Game looks like it'll be poverty (that doesn't mean it'll be bad, Melty Blood is poverty, and that game is good).
Wish I knew these characters.

I feel like the developers made this hype thing and I can't understand any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom