• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Some Gameplay of Blade Strangers.

Game looks like it'll be poverty (that doesn't mean it'll be bad, Melty Blood is poverty, and that game is good).
:079: again.

Real talk though, when I first heard Cave Story characters were in it, I hoped they'd appear with proportions similar to how they appear in Cave Story, rather than have them stretched to be the same size as everyone, like Quote was in Runner 2. Then I looked harder at the screenshot NinEverything showed and realised it was Curly, made to be the same height as everyone. Tbh, she actually looks pretty good. I'd like to see what the team can do with Quote. He just looks so bad in Runner 2. I guess artwork has shown him taller but nothing in a game has really done it well.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
This looks... Really slow.

At least for my liking. That sprite work is good though.
Yeah, those were my thoughts exactly. It's slow, which isn't necessarily bad, Street Fighter is on the slower side, but this is really slow.

Still, it could turn out to be fun. At least we have a new fighting game on Switch

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YO, is anyone here is excited for the new DBZ game?!:4larry: Because now that I have seen the trailer, I AM HYPE! (Tough, I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, but it look alot better than MvC:I)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
$AU649 for the Xbox One X. No games bundled with it.

Lol get ****ed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
YO, is anyone here is excited for the new DBZ game?!:4larry: Because now that I have seen the trailer, I AM HYPE! (Tough, I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, but it look alot better than MvC:I)
Your post reminds me of this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, MvCI is probably gonna be great still.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I genuinely want to play both of those games though. The infinity stones being used like the CvS2 groove system has me still excited for Marvel Infinite. I just hope that the roster has even the smallest chance of being better than it's looking to be with that leak. If not, I'm only really gonna have Spider-Man and Mega Man X as characters I want to play, and maybe Ultron. Since Sigma and Venom are supposed to be DLC.

DBFZ goes without saying. That **** is looking clean. At the very least, Goku(but it could be a general mechanic) can parry fireball style projectiles like it's nothing. And the game has Budokai 3 style planet busting.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think MvC:I looks ugly. The thing that really puts me off it is just Capcom being Crapcom with stuff like Sigma already being held back as DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, MvCI is probably gonna be great still.
I think so, but it will probably take a while for the game to get going, given it's seemingly short development. I don't doubt it'll fair a bit better than SFV, but I feel like Marvel/Disney had them push out the game a bit sooner than it should have been.

Still, it's like Marvel 1 with Grooves and a Tekken-ish tag combo system. It's hard to say if I would have preferred 2v2 over 3v3. Marvel 1 was my favorite of the bunch and XMvSF is great too. But I completely understand why people are disappointed with the lack of a third character, given how long lasting the scenes of Marvel 2 and (Ultimate)Marvel 3.

I hope it'll be great... But I dunno, looking at it from a visual stand point, it really is pretty ugly.

The gameplay at least looks fine, but so did SFVs and look where we are now.
The visuals could use some cleaning up, that's for sure. It's kind of suffering an identity crisis. Trying to be realistic while also being bright and flashy. Marvel 3, despite having some minor gripes; has one of the absolute best visual designs in any Comic Book game. As in, Ultimate Spider-Man(the game)tier. I guess that's something else you can blame on the need to focus on the movies. I think only the robotic characters look good, and Strider.

Can't say much for SFV. But aside from changing Vega greatly, and trimming Ryu and Chun's movelists. I hear one of the major complaints is that zoning is pretty ineffective.

Chrono.

I think so, but it will probably take a while for the game to get going, given it's seemingly short development. I don't doubt it'll fair a bit better than SFV, but I feel like Marvel/Disney had them push out the game a bit sooner than it should have been.

Still, it's like Marvel 1 with Grooves and a Tekken-ish tag combo system. It's hard to say if I would have preferred 2v2 over 3v3. Marvel 1 was my favorite of the bunch and XMvSF is great too. But I completely understand why people are disappointed with the lack of a third character, given how long lasting the scenes of Marvel 2 and (Ultimate)Marvel 3.

The visuals could use some cleaning up, that's for sure. It's kind of suffering an identity crisis. Trying to be realistic while also being bright and flashy. Marvel 3, despite having some minor gripes; has one of the absolute best visual designs in any Comic Book game. As in, Ultimate Spider-Man(the game)tier. I guess that's something else you can blame on the need to focus on the movies. I think only the robotic characters look good, and Strider.

Can't say much for SFV. But aside from changing Vega greatly, and trimming Ryu and Chun's movelists. I hear one of the major complaints is that zoning is pretty ineffective.
As far as Season 2 of SFV goes, the game favors aggression to the point playing defensive isn't an option (or a viable one).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As far as Season 2 of SFV goes, the game favors aggression to the point playing defensive isn't an option (or a viable one).
That's a major problem. I also remember hearing that combos are really easy now compared to SF4. Which lead to players having less of an identity since all of the optimal combos were so easy to pull off and there's no need to experiment.

I don't know, it seems like the game is off if Daigo ain't playing Ryu or some other shoto as his main. Last I checked ge plays Guile now. Or at least he did.

But the combo system in Marvel games work differently enough from Street Fighter where this particular issue might not come up. But that's an if for sure. Especially if the dev teams are different.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Y'all paid with affection.

*snuggles arm*

There you go.
*Purrs loudly*

On another note, still haven't figured out some of the coding in Quest 64. I may have figured out why I couldn't get the Blood Jell to drop anything, being I simply used the wrong byte. Welp. It's either that or it doesn't work well with a different code. Since they both affect item drops, they could clash with each other.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just watched the Devolver presentation.

Those dudes basically bought an E3 Conference slot just to ****post.

They're heroes on my book now because of that.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just watched the Devolver presentation.

Those dudes basically bought an E3 Conference slot just to ****post.

They're heroes on my book now because of that.
I mean, it's interesting.

But what kind of madman buys premium time just to use the space to ****post?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hold on.

This sounds too stupid.

*Checks Steam*

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

You either didn't read for **** or purposely left stuff out.

It wasn't the income that caused the lack of creativity.

Gosh darn it, now the premise makes sense.

Rider Gwen, instead of getting everything wrong, just post the whole thing next time.
In that case I misunderstood it
Still, stablized universal income for everyone and the protag being second class seems pretty contradictory

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
More DBFZ footage
How many fighters do you think the final game will have? From the size of the CSS icons, I'm thinking 18 but it's not an accurate metric.

Known
Goku
Vegeta
Teen Gohan
Freiza
Cell
Fat Buu

Ideas

Piccolo
Krillin
Beerus
Whis
Android 17
Android 18
Nappa
Tein
YamchBOOM! ...

Story Mode trash (Raditz, Sibaman, random Ginyu force members, Appule, Android 19)

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's beautiful, but where is my main man Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
In that case I misunderstood it
Still, stablized universal income for everyone and the protag being second class seems pretty contradictory
It's a symptom of a theoretically larger disease - a hypothetical situation where specialized robots and AI perform tasks so much better than humans that we no longer desire humans to perform them. Key word typically being better, here; not simply more efficient, but subjectively (or objectively) superior.

Now goods still have value, and people need goods, but in this situation nobody would want to hire people over a robot or AI - because if, as is this exercise concedes, that robot or AI is the better option, why would you ever hinder yourself?

Universal income has been raised as one potential solution to this, at least allowing people to have enough to eat and pay rent in a world they can't earn it in otherwise. Without debating the principle it lies on - I'm not much of an economist, for one, and I'm exhausted for two - that's what the game is referencing here.

The other conceit described in this comes with what you have all these suddenly literally unemployable people do. Presumably it's something, but remember, the primary conceit is that there's nothing they can do that the robots/AI can't do better. This is where the endless entertainment and consumption comes in.

But wait - if you can't beat em, why not join em? Effectively, to operate on their terms, you'd need to remake yourself into the mold of a robot or augment yourself with similar capabilities to an AI. Alternatively, doing so allows access to experiences above and beyond what could be available with just the fleshy bits.

This, finally, is where the second-class citizenry status would come in. Over time, under these conceits you would have a society predicated on the ability to operate on these posthuman levels in an "evolve or die" way. However, the protagonist here is unable to do so. Society, on a collective and impersonal level, typically values individuals by what they offer or can do for others - and in their eyes the protagonist offers nothing that cannot be gotten elsewhere for better.

Honestly it's not new territory they're breaking with any of this. Modern takes on bread and circuses and human worth in an AI world are classic dystopian science fiction tropes.

I'll probably pick it up just to see how they play around with the ideas.

Well, whenever it gets discounted.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Perhaps you're right, and it's not a warp at all. The screw simply wasn't tightened on the upper side of the system. This may apply to the back side as well. But not every unit they ship is going to be perfect, so of course, some units will vary by appearance. Just like I mentioned before, as long as there are no further complications caused by this manufacturing variation, such as the system overheating while in the Dock, there should be no problem with my system. It's not like I notice it at a glance, anyways.

Yeah, that's true as well-- it's pretty apparent that the rails on the Joy-Con will wear over time because you slide them in and out of the system. If you have backup Joy-Con in case they wear out, then that's cool. I went for the Neon Blue Joy-Con (L) and Neon Red Joy-Con (R) with the system, and another pair of controllers with the opposite colors.

Though I initially was planning to use Neon Red on both controllers, I'm actually finding myself use the default blue and red configuration a lot more. There's something striking about it.
That's just my theory though, I may have to ask the game store clerk for more details. You can trust those game clerks since all they do is import and sell games, have no official affiliation with Nintendo.

I go with Gray Joy Cons because the Neon ones sold out in the store that still has Switch on shelf. I remember I saw it a day before I went and bought it, next say it was gone (Obviously someone had bought it before me). The clerk told me that the Gray is actually more popular in Taiwan since it won't get dirty easily compare to the neon colors. They also told me I can buy a pair of neon Joy Cons with the console, but I can't due that budget wise. You have to keep in mind though Joy Cons are pretty expensive.

And look, the bottom of the Joy Con do get scratched after a few times of taking in and out of the Switch. Again, not that big of a deal. I also said that straps are actually pretty easy to put on and take off if you pay attention to the + and - marks and the lock. Hope this doesn't offend anymore, but those who complain straps isn't easy to use and easily gets stuck are just dorks. I do hope the make the + - marks more visible, they made the lock white which is good.

Compare to Wii U, the Switch itself, Joy Cons, Pro controller are all better. Switch has quiet, simple and snappy UI. Unlike Wii U which was more complicated, and it took a long time to load eshop and games. The controllers on the Wii U took more time in order to sync, you will have more chance of doing sync by yourself too. The Joy Cons though, simply press the button they will sync instantly.

By the way, does the home button on the right Joy Con glow? Just curious.

So as for now, I have no problems or complain with the Switch, yet. I do find the charger being a bit bulky though. The last thing to test is the game cartridge slot, I hope to get a game to play soon. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Breath of the Wild are definitely on my list. Future must-have for me is obviously Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's just my theory though, I may have to ask the game store clerk for more details. You can trust those game clerks since all they do is import and sell games, have no official affiliation with Nintendo.

I go with Gray Joy Cons because the Neon ones sold out in the store that still has Switch on shelf. I remember I saw it a day before I went and bought it, next say it was gone (Obviously someone had bought it before me). The clerk told me that the Gray is actually more popular in Taiwan since it won't get dirty easily compare to the neon colors. They also told me I can buy a pair of neon Joy Cons with the console, but I can't due that budget wise. You have to keep in mind though Joy Cons are pretty expensive.

And look, the bottom of the Joy Con do get scratched after a few times of taking in and out of the Switch. Again, not that big of a deal. I also said that straps are actually pretty easy to put on and take off if you pay attention to the + and - marks and the lock. Hope this doesn't offend anymore, but those who complain straps
isn't easy to use and easily gets stuck are just dorks. I do hope the make the + - marks more visible, they made the lock white which is good.

Compare to Wii U, the Switch itself, Joy Cons, Pro controller are all better. Switch has quiet, simple and snappy UI. Unlike Wii U which was more complicated, and it took a long time to load eshop and games. The controllers on the Wii U took more time in order to sync, you will have more chance of doing sync by yourself too. The Joy Cons though, simply press the button they will sync instantly.

By the way, does the home button on the right Joy Con glow? Just curious.

So as for now, I have no problems or complain with the Switch, yet. I do find the charger being a bit bulky though. The last thing to test is the game cartridge slot, I hope to get a game to play soon. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Breath of the Wild are definitely on my list. Future must-have for me is obviously Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Ah, the home button thing is actually an interesting question. It has the capability to glow, but the hardware ability has never actually been enabled. There's a little light that's currently going unused.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm anxious...I'm excited, I'm nervous and it's not even Tuesday yet...still about 27 hours until the "fast and to the point" Nintendo Spotlight, and Reggie said the the first hour of the Treehouse immediately after the Spotlight will feature some stuff as well...I feel a bit more optimistic now...

These are my top three hopes...
-New Metroid announced
-Smash 5/port announced
-2017 launch for Xenoblade 2

I'm expecting none of them...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's beautiful, but where is my main man Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan?
He was playable in Extreme Butoden, which this game seems to be a big budget upgrade of (there are a lot of shared moves between those games, like Cell's M. Bison sliding kick), so it seems possible for him to get in (though he could very well be replaced with Kale).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ah, the home button thing is actually an interesting question. It has the capability to glow, but the hardware ability has never actually been enabled. There's a little light that's currently going unused.
It could have been used as notification, which I sued to thought it will.
I also notice right Joy Con's trigger buttons ZR and R are slightly more flimsy compare to the left one, not sure if this is normal or not.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pictologica Final Fantasy is coming to 3DS. No word of a western release yet. It's basically Final Fantasy Picross with battles and stuff.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Both Rubyheart and SonSon tied in the end, proving their effective popularity. But I've picked Rubyheart in the end because she had her own game (albeit a mobile one) and she was miraculously a part of Street Fighter V concept art. Amingo and Abyss were both proven to be unpopular.

Next will be a blast from the past, a truly unique fighting game about rival high schools fighting each other (Rival Schools). Because of these various schools, each poll will be based on one specific school starting with Taiyo High. Your choices are Batsu Ichimonji, Hayato Nekketsu, Hinata Wakaba, and Kyosuke Kagami.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

@smashkirby would have liked this, but too bad he doesn't have a Twitter.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't get why Capcom sets such absurdly high standards for justifying a sequel. I get that they need a franchise to be popular in order to continue it, but saying that they want Resident Evil 7 to sell ten million copies (for reference, it seems like all versions of Resident Evil 4 combined have sold about 6.5 million copies to date, while ten million is how much the entire Dead Rising franchise has sold across every single game) just makes them seem either absurdly optimistic or completely foolish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom