• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think the contingent of people who care about the mods is sizeable enough to determine the game's success. It's more the layman who sees Skyrim for Switch on store shelves and questions whether the game they've seen available for years is now worth the purchase on a different, new console.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Be Anyone, Do Anything… and Now Go Anywhere. Learn more at https://beth.games/2smZ0w9

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – the epic fantasy masterpiece from Bethesda Game Studios – arrives for the Nintendo Switch. The legendary open-world adventure where you can be anyone and do anything, now can go anywhere – at home on your TV or on the go.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch includes all-new gameplay features like motion controls for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian Shield or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch also includes all official add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn. Plus tap other compatible amiibo to gain additional loot including those from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series, 30th Anniversary - The Legend of Zelda series, Super Smash Bros. series, and The Legend of Zelda series.
From Skyrim Switch's youtube video.

It comes with everything and hints at more amiibo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, for Sony's showcase tomorrow, what are you guys looking forward to?

For me, it's mostly Spider-Man and some Marvel VS Capcom Infinite. Maybe a potential Spyro HD remake too.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
so...I found the Devolver Digital livestream...

This conference is beyond obnoxious....

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What in the actual **** is this Devolver Digital conference?
It's gone way beyond Meta.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This Devolver Digital conference has to be the strangest thing I've seen at E3.

And I've watched a lot of E3 conferences.

D

Deleted member

For me, it's mostly Spider-Man and some Marvel VS Capcom Infinite. Maybe a potential Spyro HD remake too.
Mainly Crash and maybe Spyro if that gets announced.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can't wait for the inevitable Shovel Knight reveal.
Well we have to get him here if he wont be in Smash!

Although if he does get in, it be pretty awesome to play as Shovel Knight as a fighter.

And an official Skyrim X Zelda crossover is pretty crazy. It's been a wild year so far!

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Are they playing Smash Bros. with Slippy? Bat-wielding Slippy confirmed?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yep....I'm done...that's twenty five minutes I could've spent sleeping instead of watching this...

I come in expecting games, instead got.....whatever the hell that was....

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I have never heard of this Devolver company before today....but it seems like they're showing the closest thing to Melee HD on the stream right now. With Frogs.
Lets play a quick game; rate the chances of appearing of 5 games/franchises you want shown during the Spotlight and Treehouse.

Like this.

Smash Bros. (Switch) - 9/10
Metroid (Switch) - 6/10
F-Zero (Any console) - 2/10
Rabbids (Switch) - 10/10
Pikmin (Both 3DS and Switch) - 8/10
Smash Bros Switch: 5.4/10 (Not convinced enough.)
WWE 2k18 Switch - 6/10 if Nintendo does a third party reel.
Fire Emblem Switch - 6/10. Well it is coming next year....
Shin Megami Tensei V - 4/10 Since Atlus hasn't even given a release Window.
Taiko no Tatsujin Switch - 二/十 Because it'd only happen in Japan.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Skyrim's only gonna work with the various Link amiibo...the amiibo series it listed are all the ones with Link amiibo.

Maybe Zelda too though. Not banking on any others though.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin

The second time tagging you today but this should interest you since you've mentioned wanting an indie crossover fighter.
Ooooh, I'm interested!

I'll have to pay more attention to this down the road. I'll be especially interested if this goes beyond what looks like just well-known Japanese indie characters. I'm talking a full-on crossover from both the East and West, from Quote and Madotsuki to Shovel Knight and Shantae to Zetterburn and Yooka & Laylee.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I would like to see LittleBigPlanet 4 announced along with more information about Media Molecule's new game (haven't heard from it in a while).

God of War looks interesting, will need to see more though.

Remakes of the Spyro trilogy would be great, though I feel Activision is waiting to see how well Crash does.

What probably won't happen is the announcement of PlayStation All-Stars 2, but a man can hope.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Spider-Man.
Insomniac are a perfect team for it. I also want to see what Sucker Punch are doing.

Are they playing Smash Bros. with Slippy? Bat-wielding Slippy confirmed?
Nah it's the new Battletoads

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Why didn't they just hire Mega64 for this? The potential for satire is there but the execution is shoddy at best.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad to see I'm not the only excited for Spider-Man, not that I would expect to be.

I wish I was excited for God of War, but the combat is too different. Which is the best part of the series. I'm fine with them giving character to Kratos and all, but even that seems like it'll ape what the Last of Us did.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm looking at the comments and likes/dislikes for the Skyrim version of Switch.

The hype is definitely there but I can't tell if the dislikes are there because of the game not being what they wanted or actively disliking the idea of Skyrim on the Switch.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
There's lots of things being thrown around at E3 right now, and quite a few have me hooked.
- Cuphead looks fun, wouldn't mind getting it one day.
- Skyrim on Switch details
- Dragon Ball Fighter Z has me hooked instantly, especially if its Arc System Works. I would buy it day one.
- Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 sound neat, might be games I consider getting one day.
- No real desire for the Xbox One X
- Code Vein sounds neat.
- This Anthem game looks pretty sick. If it comes to other systems, I wouldn't mind.

So far, so good. Let's see what the other shows have to offer.

From Skyrim Switch's youtube video.

It comes with everything and hints at more amiibo.
That seems like it's going to divide me even further between getting Skyrim for the Switch or for the PC... At this point, I might consider the Switch version if this is true.

I'm looking at the comments and likes/dislikes for the Skyrim version of Switch.

The hype is definitely there but I can't tell if the dislikes are there because of the game not being what they wanted or actively disliking the idea of Skyrim on the Switch.
Or it could be against that creator program. Backlash against that would spread pretty quickly amongst unhappy fans. Sorry about the double post.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
One part of me tells me I should regret skipping the Devolver conference.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I was feeling it might just be people disliking Nintendo for whatever reason.

In the YouTube chat, the second the Switch was shown, lots of people started spamming negative comments, were booing and there were lots of thumbs down emojis. There were some people excited to see it but a majority didn't care or were against it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Would you really buy a fighter just because it had one supporting character from an indie game you are familiar with?
It depends on who that character is and how much I care about them.

I can't really compare with an indie title, so I'll go with this. You know how I was joking about FE characters in the Switch version of a Soul Calibur game (if another one ever happens, lol)? I'd strongly consider buying it if one of those guest fighters was Robin. And I suck at any traditional fighter that isn't Pokkén!

I bet a lot of people felt similarly about Link in SC2, actually...

In the YouTube chat, the second the Switch was shown, lots of people started spamming negative comments, were booing and there were lots of thumbs down emojis. There were some people excited to see it but a majority didn't care or were against it.
Ah, Twitch chat. So desperate to be the cool kids that they try to exclude anyone they can to make themselves look high and mighty.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

So the dislikes are most likely blind haters or people that hate the **** out of nintendo for some reason?

or both?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Now is that towards the Switch or Skyrim?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It depends on who that character is and how much I care about them.

I can't really compare with an indie title, so I'll go with this. You know how I was joking about FE characters in the Switch version of a Soul Calibur game (if another one ever happens, lol)? I'd strongly consider buying it if one of those guest fighters was Robin. And I suck at any traditional fighter that isn't Pokkén!

I bet a lot of people felt similarly about Link in SC2, actually...

Ah, Twitch chat. So desperate to be the cool kids that they try to exclude anyone they can to make themselves look high and mighty.
YouTube, not Twitch.

Though it might as well have been Twitch.
Now is that towards the Switch or Skyrim?
The Switch.

The chat was generally excited for everything Bethesda did, except show the Switch, Skyrim on the Switch, Zelda content and motion controls with the joycons.

Every other Skyrim related anouncement didn't get such negativity.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looking around.

Less the Switch.

More of people are sick of Skyrim and want ES6.

Understandable.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So the dislikes are most likely blind haters or people that hate the **** out of nintendo for some reason?

or both?
Both I guess.

The chat had a strong dislike of the Switch and Zelda content.
Looking around.

Less the Switch.

More of people are sick of Skyrim and want ES6.

Understandable.
Different people watching the stream and watching the trailer maybe? At least what I saw in the chat, it just felt like most people had a huge dislike for Nintendo and not that it was another version of Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom