• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that wrestling game that people keep making Smash Bros characters as hilariously off-model custom characters in?

If folks were able to do anything like that I'm pretty sure a whole lot more than two people would care LOL.
It was one of the 2k games for sure. Couldnt tell you which, and it was probably multiple

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I just wanted to join in on the "I have a five star Roy that's only seeing use now due to Tempest Trials" club. :p

Mine's about level twenty or so right now. Any skill recommendations?
I gave mine Green Tomebreaker specifically for dealing with Veronica (and the few occasions when Boey or Nino decide to join her). Something like Swordbreaker might be a good option if you want him to be useful elsewhere. I was thinking Moonbow for his special, since that's a good all-purpose one, but I don't have any spare Odins left. For C, pretty much whatever you think benefits your other units best; I haven't decided on one yet, but I reckon Hone Speed in my particular case, or possibly Savage Blow just so I can get rid of one of the Camillas who are currently polluting my barracks (I'd send her home if not for skill inheritance).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People have pet alligators
I think I heard an uncle of mine had a pet gator at one point.

IIRC one of my cousins called it "Kitty." I assume that needs no explanation.

Of course, that video is of a Saltwater Crocodile owned by what I assume is a particularly nonchalant Australian, but that's only worth pointing out because I've heard the gator/croc distinction trivia a few too many times and thought it was fun to observe. That and I played Zoo Tycoon so much as a kid that the phrase "Saltwater Crocodile" is burnt into my head.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So uh...

Here is something to talk about.

What are your top 3 saddest Pixar moments and your top 3 happiest.
Realized I didn't do happiest.

3. This is gonna seem like a weird one, but a three way tie from the ending of Toy Story 3...and not what you'd expect. Sarge and the other soldiers landing safely at Sunnyside, the Chatter Phone being repaired, and Chuckles the Clown finally smiling.

2. The ending of Monsters, Inc. "Kitty?" :)

1. WALL-E regaining his memory, which would have also been number four on my saddest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is pretty cool to see:

It's really to see something like this and done so fast to.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Interesting bit, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy has sold out on Amazon.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think we can safely say that Crash is indeed back.
So uh...

Top 3 saddest
3: Inside Out- When Riley comes home after attempting to run away. Bing Bong's death is also very close.
2: Up as a whole. I think it's the saddest Pixar movie as a whole, but the number 1 spot has a more emotional connection to me personally.
1: Toy Story 3- When Andy gives his toys to Bonny. The Toy Story series is my favorite movie series of all-time, the ending is as sad as it is heartwarming, and would have been the perfect end for the series.

Top 3 happiest
3: Wall-E getting his memories back.
2: Monsters Inc- Sully being able to see Boo once again. The final bit of Sully smiling is just heartwarming.
1: Toy Story 3- The ending, I know I had it as number one on my saddest list, but as I said previously, it's as sad as it is heartwarming.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I missed the topic about offensive jokes? Damn, I have a lot to say on the subject. It's a topic I'm very passonite about. Oh well.

Bandana Dee confirmed.
Like how Best Buy's website listed 3 "unspecified" Switch games with the names of the games being leaked? Oh ****, I hope this leads into the direction I want it to lead into.

Interesting bit, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy has sold out on Amazon.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think we can safely say that Crash is indeed back.

Top 3 saddest
3: Inside Out-When Riley comes home after attempting to run away. Bing Bong's death is also very close.
2: Up as a whole. I think it's the saddest Pixar movie as a whole, but the number 1 spot has a more emotional connection to me personally.
1: Toy Story 3-When Andy gives his toys to Bonny. The Toy Story series is my favorite movie series of all-time, the ending is as sad as it is heartwarming, and would have been the perfect end for the series.

Listing the happiest moments is pretty tough to be honest, it's been a while since I've seen all the Pixar movies. I'll have to pass on this one.
Hell yeah, now give us a Spyro HD trilogy or CTR HD Online, or a brand new Crash game.

I can't believe I'm exited to see what Activision comes out with in the future.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just got spooped. I was sent to the home screen and the page likes to jump around so when I went to go click the notifications, I clicked the pic pn the front page and got a screenfull of the top of a dudes head

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Obviously it's the Rabbids trilogy they plan on having.
One for 3DS, another for Switch, and one for both.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So uh...

3 saddest:

1. The ending of Toy Story 3 when Andy when gave away his toys. Woody's quote really hits me: "So long partner."

2. The first 10 minutes of UP. What a sweet love story.

3. Wall-E's death was pretty sad, at least from my experience watching it almost 10 years ago.

3 Happiest:

1. Wall-E getting revived at the end of the movie

2. The scene where Wall-E wears the bra on his eyes and says, "Whoa!" Easily the funniest Pixar scene IMO.

3. Whenever that really chill sea turtle from Finding Nemo appeared on screen

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
3 saddest:

1. The ending of Toy Story 3 when Andy when gave away his toys. Woody's quote really hits me: "So long partner."

2. The first 10 minutes of UP. What a sweet love story.

3. Wall-E's death was pretty sad, at least from my experience watching it almost 10 years ago.

3 Happiest:

1. Wall-E getting revived at the end of the movie

2. The scene where Wall-E wears the bra on his eyes and says, "Whoa!" Easily the funniest Pixar scene IMO.

3. Whenever that really chill sea turtle from Finding Nemo appeared on screen
I'm pretty much in agreement with those lists. I especially love happy moment 3 for you. Crush the sea turtle is my favorite character in the entire movie <3 Crush is awesome. He's extremely likable because of how laidback his personality is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon will rear its face at E3.

If it appears, I'll need more than a simple trailer (maybe something like new Alolan forms).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Was watching GXP's e3 predictions vid, and they brought up something rather interesting regarding the third party situation for the Switch....

Whenever a new multiplat is announced or revealed, there always seems to be a lot of questions asking if a Switch port is coming or being worked on...there's a lot of demand regarding whether these games get ported because of what the Switch is...
Also, the Switch is still building it's own foundations as a brand new console, so a lot of third party publishers are straight up caught off guard by the Switch's current success and they haven't yet had the opportunity to work on ports and games yet...

What that said, it seems first year is mostly on Nintendo doing what they can to get the Switch out there, while all those third party multiplats (and few exclusives) we'll see within the following years if the Switch just keeps building momentum...

D

Deleted member

I wish the hair highlight option changed something other than the lighting, since as it is it makes me feel like I have to make the two options match, otherwise they look bad
Yeah, I just don't get the point of it, I feel like the shadow should just match whatever color the hair has, it just looks weird with anything else.
Thankfully, I can just copy the hair color from other portraits so the shadows look as natural as possible
For example, my Reaper's hair comes straight from Fem Cestus 2
Not too sure on the blue eyes yet, since I don't like repeating eye and/or hair colors between chacters.
Did some others yesterday too, here's my Dragoon
Two blue-eyed characters is inexcusable, I'm such a hack
And why doesn't it let me have custom skin colours
#FreeGreenBuffCestus

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm surprised you guys are putting the ending of Toy Story 3 as a sad moment.

I always saw it more of a heartwarming one. A passing of the torch if you will.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

If it appears, I'll need more than a simple trailer (maybe something like new Alolan forms).
It seems pretty likely. I'm guessing they did the reveal before E3 so they could show the first trailer at the big E3 audience. It's worth noting there's also a private video on the Pokemon Youtube currently.

My guess is the treehouse will show a trailer and have a demostration showing the differences in the same vein as the demo from last E3.

I always saw it more of heartwarming. A passing of the torch if you will.
It is, but it also makes sense as to why its sad since it's the end of many people's childhood's essentially.

I think the ending would be more effective if it didn't get a sequel announced, because it would truely wrap up a story in a sad and heart warming way. Everyone knows the toys will have to leave andy eventually much like how people do irl, but they also want to see the adventures continue much like a person would normally want with their toys.

It's sort of a key theme of the movies that growing up is necessary, but its also sad, but sweet to have closures like these.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I always saw it more of heartwarming. A passing of the torch if you will.
I think it could be both.
It's sad since Andy is moving on in his life, but the toys are reunited and they'll always have that bond and never forget, ya know? It's both sad and heartwarming/happy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright the last one on this is pretty funny and would be accurate to real world standards:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I thought that they mentioned that it will. Or was that Pokken DX?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Alright the last one on this is pretty funny and would be accurate to real world standards:
I can't believe they didn't use Abomasnow for the weatherman clip. Pretty sure no one wants to be in a hailstorm in Kanto.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
*sees Hat is a mod now*
Whooooooaaaaaahhhhhh coooooool
yeah, definitely been too long. I'm good, graduated high school about two weeks ago, and got back from some parties. You?
I'm well, thanks :)
Finishing up Saving Private Ryan right now
Congrats on graduating, too!

D

Deleted member

So do I!

So, I only have the money to buy the console, screen protector and a case.
I have did nearly everything to see if my Switch has problems or not.
I checked if my Switch is warped, left joy con desync, dock scratch etc.
And I do feel that Switch is pretty heavy but it feels pretty comfortable, I feel the grip is good to hold as well. The one joy con though, needs to get used to a bit. And the dock does scratch the screen, but I have my screen protector so that's not an issue.
I did almost the same thing, and you guys may be surprised but I actually found the right Joy con to have minor desync, I mean only minor desync when I went about 4 meters away (My dorm is small) and put joy cons on my back . Left Joy Con has no desync whatsoever in the same condition.

So far I am safe to say my Switch is 90% normal, I haven't got any game so I don't know if my Switch reads game perfectly or not.
I see. Cool to know that you got one. I'm personally waiting for Splatoon 2 to launch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath of the Wild, the latter of which I'm playing on Wii U, should hold me over until then.

Mine is apparently suffering from the infamous warping issue on the back side of the system, but it's very, very subtle at that. I would assume most of you guys have this encountered this particular issue as well, but... as long as the system is fully functional, there shouldn't be a problem, I suppose. No scratches caused by the Dock or anything on my system. I think this is just caused by the manufacturing process of the system, so it may have come out like that out of the box, and I didn't notice this until today.

The Joy-Con (L) is working fine on my end. It only encounters connection issues when there are more than 2 separate controllers being connected-- not counting the Joy-Con (R) that is connected on the other side of the system or the Grip. I even viewed the analog stick calibration test with my left arm on the back like André from GameXplain did, and there was no problem at all.

Though, are you really sure it's not being affected by the warping / bending problem at all?

Try checking again, this time at the top of the system, as the video above shows. That's where this "manufacturing variation" lies in my unit. It's not necessarily a big deal if your system suffers from it, although, you know... it's a very peculiar thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...

What kinds of games/genres do you think Nintendo could benefit with having on the Switch?
And I mean generally, not specifically like just getting a new Animal Crossing or Metroid but on a broader sense and speaking moreso on the kinds of things that Nintendo doesn't really do very often...

Survival Horror-Nintendo is very well known for being family friendly but honestly there's such a BIG market for survival horrors its not even funny...They've gone into it before with Eternal Darkness which is just sitting collecting dust as well as Metroid borrowing a lot of elements from a survival horror, but even if a new Metroid is announced it won't necessarily be a proper survival horror...Best bet is to revive Eternal Darkness or make a new IP in this genre...I just feel like it's the kind of thing Nintendo could do really well...they just...don't really do it that often...Once again Metroid is the most prominent series they have that\s close but it's still not quite on the level of Resident Evil or Silent Hill within that sort of genre....though a full fledged Dead Space-esque Survival Horror Metroid could be really cool...

RTS-Pikmin sort of falls into this category but I'm talking about literally building civilizations...like Age of Empires, you spend your time collecting resources, commanding units, and building up your armies...I could see RTS spin-offs for games like Zelda or Fire Emblem...or a new IP altogether with some unique gameplay mechanics...A game like this on the Switch I feel is ideal...

MMORPG-this should really go without saying...Pokemon?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So...

What kinds of games/genres do you think Nintendo could benefit with having on the Switch?
And I mean generally, not specifically like just getting a new Animal Crossing or Metroid but on a broader sense and speaking moreso on the kinds of things that Nintendo doesn't really do very often...

Survival Horror-Nintendo is very well known for being family friendly but honestly there's such a BIG market for survival horrors its not even funny...They've gone into it before with Eternal Darkness which is just sitting collecting dust as well as Metroid borrowing a lot of elements from a survival horror, but even if a new Metroid is announced it won't necessarily be a proper survival horror...Best bet is to revive Eternal Darkness or make a new IP in this genre...I just feel like it's the kind of thing Nintendo could do really well...they just...don't really do it that often...Once again Metroid is the most prominent series they have that\s close but it's still not quite on the level of Resident Evil or Silent Hill within that sort of genre....though a full fledged Dead Space-esque Survival Horror Metroid could be really cool...

RTS-Pikmin sort of falls into this category but I'm talking about literally building civilizations...like Age of Empires, you spend your time collecting resources, commanding units, and building up your armies...I could see RTS spin-offs for games like Zelda or Fire Emblem...or a new IP altogether with some unique gameplay mechanics...A game like this on the Switch I feel is ideal...

MMORPG-this should really go without saying...Pokemon?
I would like to see a MMORPG Fire Emblem Game. That would be fun

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here's mine.
1. WALL-E doesn't remember who Eve is - WALL-E
2. Marlin loses Coral and the majority of his kids - Finding Nemo
3. "When Somebody Loved Me" - Toy Story 2

1. Sully and Mike Become Friends - Monsters University
2. Mike Reunites With Sully - Monsters Inc.
3. Gill Helps Nemo Escape Via Sink - Finding Nemo

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It took forever for Coral's death to show up.

Good list Aurane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom