• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nomura has already said multiple times that 2017 is the year for KH3 promotion, what with it being the 15th anniversary of the franchise and all. There's also that guy who's leaked a ton of stuff about Square Enix and a few other third parties in the past saying that we're going to see the game at E3 this year.

Plus, having a KH Orchestra Concert in LA, specifically when E3 is on, is mighty suspicious timing, and past World Tour concerts have all given us a little something too.

I seriously think there is very little reason to doubt KH3 will make some kind of genuine E3 appearance. It has been a while since the last major development update.
I still say the game is probably gonna come out in, 2020 or so. Square takes their time getting projects done.

I didn't watch the EA conference but a pal of mine brought me up to speed on a revealed game called Anthem. He didn't tell me much other then it has "power armor" in it.

Anyone got details?
The trailer doesnt really show much

It's only like 20 seconds long so we dont know much

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I didn't watch the EA conference but a pal of mine brought me up to speed on a revealed game called Anthem. He didn't tell me much other then it has "power armor" in it.

Anyone got details?
Post apocalyptic world.
Humanity behind a wall.
Dangerous creatures in the outside world.
Bioware's main team so it'll have their main shtick of making choices throughout (that in the end only determine the colour of your ending
)

Gameplay reveal is in the Xbox Conference.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*crawls into a corner*

I. . .I'm sorry, I never know the right thing to do in these situations! I. . .I still don't, how can I make up for it?

I. . .:urg:
Golden is only teasing dude.

I know him. He doesn't actually hold grudges over stuff like that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still say the game is probably gonna come out in, 2020 or so. Square takes their time getting projects done.
If the leak we've had is correct, and there is a high chance it will be, then it's coming no later than next year no matter where it is in development.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
D

Deleted member

So, there's this cool site that lets you customize the EOV portraits just like in the game
http://edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
I just wish the clothing colo could be edited but this is already a pretty big step up from the previous games and there are two palettes already anyway
Still, I really like the options avaible and I'm probably gonna spend a long time with these when the actual game comes out
@Shishœ

I thought you were joking when you brought this up before. :p

I guess it does sounds pretty weird if you don't know about them :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Post apocalyptic world.
Humanity behind a wall.
Dangerous creatures in the outside world.
Bioware's main team so it'll have their main shtick of making choices throughout (that in the end only determine the colour of your ending
)

Gameplay reveal is in the Xbox Conference.

I know the premise isn't exactly original, but it made me think of Attack on Titan. Though I'm not much of a Bioware guy, so I'll probably skip the title. I just hope it lives to the potential that Bioware fans liked before Mass Effect 3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That HORI Fightstick for the Switch looks super neat.

Too bad it possibly wouldn't work on ARMS or the possible Super Smash Bros. game without modding (Pokkén Tournament on the other hand)

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
After checking up on some of what went on the last few pages...yeah, I think we're better off letting that be for now.

So, how 'bout E3? And how 'bout EA having another questionable-at-best conference?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So apparently FIFA on the Switch has everything except the Journey mode. Good on EA.
Apparently The Journey Mode is not there only because Frostbite isn't so yeah.

EA did a good.

It occured to me I didn't do a "things I want but have like 0% chance of ever getting" avi.

Last time I got Crash N sane trilogy with only 2 things in my avi. Maybe i'll get another one this year. (Hint: I won't)

If by some chance you can't tell what they are. . .
New kid icarus game
new metroid
new smash
Wonderful 101 content (101 port or 102)
New DK game.
Mother 3 localization

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But Marge, I have no character arc!

(the joke is from here)

Language
https://youtu.be/fhW0W5OfdOg
Ah, thank you! That saves me another incident of wildly whiffing a reference.

It occured to me I didn't do a "things I want but have like 0% chance of ever getting" avi.

Last time I got Crash N sane trilogy with only 2 things in my avi. Maybe i'll get another one this year. (Hint: I won't)

If by some chance you can't tell what they are. . .
New kid icarus game
new metroid
new smash
Wonderful 101 content (101 port or 102)
New DK game.
Mother 3 localization
Kid Icarus and Smash are like, two out of three of the things I still want most out of the Switch, although TBH I'd take ports/modified versions of the most recent games of each series as well.

The other one is Diamond and Pearl remakes, which we absolutely know isn't happening this year but has so much better of a chance of happening eventually than a Kid Icarus game that. . .ahahaha. . .ah. . .

Life hurts.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well....

That esculated quickly...There's actually a number of things I want to bring up but I feel like it's better to let the water settle before stirring it up again...

Anyways...I hear EA's not being dumb with FIFA...tbh I'm kind of tempted to get the game only because my brother was obsessed with the FIFA games several years ago since he's a HUUUUUUGE soccer fan (dude follows Liverpool (and to a slightly lesser extent Real Madrid) religiously) but at the same time he's not a big gamer and he'd likely only play it once or twice...especially since we only have one Switch (mine) and he's not going to be playing on it as often as I will...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been bringing out my Roy as well, my first 5* unit that very quickly gathered dust. The majority of the Tempest Trials are done with Tharja, Bridal Cordelia, and Azura. C Buffs, seals, and Cordelia with her ridiculous Atk/Spd Rally makes Tharja a monster and Azura moves her again to either back out or attack another unit.

Really need to give Desperation to my units though, never cared for such skills until these Trials have come up. So often my perfect run is ruined at the end because Tharja gets too low to survive the one hit from Veronica to double her to death safely.

On the other hand I've been slapping Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on everything because that completely opens up a world of possibilities that can keep the team healthy. The offensive and defensive potential makes it a lot funner to think about too.

My plan is to aim for an average of 5,000 points per day, which will get me Quickened Pulse before the end, which is as far as I can bare to go. While this is probably my favorite event thus far, it can take a bit of a toll. The 20 stamina cost is actually great because it causes large breaks from the grind.

I'm dearly hoping I can somehow manage to pull Lyn and Charlotte with these free orbs.. lost my pity timer getting two more Bridal Cordelias in the same session. Can't complain though, that's either some Atk/Spd Rally inheritance or a +2 Cordelia with a better nature than my leveled -Atk one. Damn these limited time units. :glare:
I just wanted to join in on the "I have a five star Roy that's only seeing use now due to Tempest Trials" club. :p

Mine's about level twenty or so right now. Any skill recommendations?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So uh...

Here is something to talk about.

What are your top 3 saddest Pixar moments and your top 3 happiest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So uh...

Here is something to talk about.

What are your top 3 saddest Pixar moments and your top 3 happiest.
Time for saddest. Also spoilers.
3. Toy Story 3 - Andy giving the toys to Bonny.

2. Inside Out - Bing Bong's death. "Take her to the moon for me."

1. Up - Just...the entirety of Up.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've been bringing out my Roy as well, my first 5* unit that very quickly gathered dust. The majority of the Tempest Trials are done with Tharja, Bridal Cordelia, and Azura. C Buffs, seals, and Cordelia with her ridiculous Atk/Spd Rally makes Tharja a monster and Azura moves her again to either back out or attack another unit.

Really need to give Desperation to my units though, never cared for such skills until these Trials have come up. So often my perfect run is ruined at the end because Tharja gets too low to survive the one hit from Veronica to double her to death safely.

On the other hand I've been slapping Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on everything because that completely opens up a world of possibilities that can keep the team healthy. The offensive and defensive potential makes it a lot funner to think about too.

My plan is to aim for an average of 5,000 points per day, which will get me Quickened Pulse before the end, which is as far as I can bare to go. While this is probably my favorite event thus far, it can take a bit of a toll. The 20 stamina cost is actually great because it causes large breaks from the grind.
I like Wings of Mercy on my dancers in particular, so if someone doesn't manage to finish an enemy off in one round, my dancer is ready to fly in and refresh them, so they can finish the job.

Most of the work on my starting team is done by Catria:
Might not look that impressive on her own, but with some flier buffs behind her, she shreds pretty much everything in the game except some of the bulkier greens/Emerald Axes. Of which there are plenty in the Tempest Trials, but I have other units like Quick Riposte Michalis, and Minerva, to deal with them. I also have Lucina with Reciprocal Aid to keep Michalis' HP ticking over, and she works pretty well as a fighter too.

Once I reach the final battle, if the enemies look acceptable I'll try and clear them out with my first team, or else I'll drop out and bring in my second team, which usually consists of Roy, and whoever best counters the other enemies (I have a decent selection that I think covers more or less everything, like Cecilia, Olwen, female Robin (for deleting Reinhardt), Camus, Ryoma, Titania, Azura, and so on, and I'm working on a few others like Celica, Xander, and Brave Axe Cherche). Once I can tailor my team to match the enemies at hand it's pretty straightforward, actually, unless something dumb like 76 HP Hector pops up.

I reckon by now I've won the majority of my runs, and I should be able to get Quickened Pulse comfortably enough before it ends. I'll probably drop it by then, though, since at that point the only remaining rewards are orbs, and they come in so slowly that the grinding will probably become just about unbearable.

So, there's this cool site that lets you customize the EOV portraits just like in the game
http://edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
I just wish the clothing colo could be edited but this is already a pretty big step up from the previous games and there are two palettes already anyway
Still, I really like the options avaible and I'm probably gonna spend a long time with these when the actual game comes out
Oh dear, I am going to spend way too long on this when I get the game. I already spend ages figuring out my party members at the start of a game, without getting to customise their hair and eye colours as well...

I have a few problems; I wish the hair highlight option changed something other than the lighting, since as it is it makes me feel like I have to make the two options match, otherwise they look bad. And why doesn't it let me have custom skin colours? Who are they to tell me I can't have characters with blue skin? Other than that (and being able to customise the clothing colours like you said), it's pretty neat.

Anyway, I think this is my favourite of the new portraits (spent a few minutes customising him):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom