• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well, gotta say I'm pretty upset that people still think "attack helicopter" jokes are funny here.

Guess I should lower my expectations

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Good lord. Though I guess these feel a little less ridiculous since Wrathful Staff is a thing.
Who needs high scores when you have waifus?

Anyway, I think I managed to pretty much trivialise the final battle. I got a Roy way back when the game launched, used him a bit, then I started getting other units and gradually forgot about him. ...Until the Tempest Trials showed up. I gave him Green Tomebreaker, and now my semi-skilled Roy can beat any Veronica. It does mean I have to sacrifice my starting team in order to bring Roy in at the end, but since speed outweighs survival it doesn't matter.

I'm just over halfway to 5* Marth now, so hopefully I can keep going from there and manage to make up the points needed for Quickened Pulse before it ends. It is quite the grind, though; I'd like if the rewards were more evenly spaced out so it feels like you're making actual progress, or you got more points for a one-team run or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, gotta say I'm pretty upset that people still think "attack helicopter" jokes are funny here.

Guess I should lower my expectations
Oh my god it's just a joke I can't talk about anything anymore because everything is offensive to you people
When I was younger, no one complained about these jokes but this new generation is just so sensitive, you should try not getting offended by anything
/sarcasm

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh my god it's just a joke I can't talk about anything anymore because everything is offensive to you people
When I was younger, no one complained about these jokes but this new generation is just so sensitive, you should try not getting offended by anything
/sarcasm

ESSJAYDOUBLEYOUS GET BTFO XDDDDDDD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys know that joke isn't a slam against trans people but people who think they're wolves and other crazy stuff like that, right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He's called Stain yeah. I just called him Mess for ****s and giggles.

Also does the pink acid chick get more screen time ?
At the moment, only a few small moments. If you like the Tokoyami, Momo or the Kirishima(Red haired kid), they get some good screen time.

Iida does get more moments outside of this arc too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't wish to cause a heated discussion, so I'm going to ask you, again, to stop.
So its okay for you to mock one side but when I try to clarify a point to make in an attempt to cause peace and clear up misunderstandings, that's going too far?

Kurri, I'm not trying to go on the offensive here. If my statements cause a heated discussion, then its on your end, not mine.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You could just ignore it. That's always an option.
Or people could try to listen and understand why something may be problematic to others instead of insisting "nah, nah it's not about that, it's about this" despite it not actually changing a damn thing. All that shows is how little someone understands and cares about the topic.

With that said, I think that's enough Smashboards for today.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was checking out the different class looks for Clair. They're pretty cute.

WVW69kYs3B8k8OMA8m.jpg

WVW69kYtDXsXJX8dfC.jpg

WVW69kYtH40KIhbH2V.jpg

Also the guy's face here cracked me up.

WVW69kYswg4hwqWv-e.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Attack helicopter jokes are transphobic. It's blatantly obvious...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It might actually be a joke towards Tumblr's idea of the gender spectrum. Because while it is most certainly possible to be a trans-male, trans-woman, or even somewhere in the middle. There are people on tumblr who identify as things that aren't even fricking human.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And... Kurri blocked on Discord and I assume SWF.

Kurri, I wasn't trying to insult you or trans people in the slightest.

I viewed you as a friend. I guess that wasn't mutual.

It might actually be a joke towards Tumblr's idea of the gender spectrum. Because while it is most certainly to be a trans-male, trans-woman, or even somewhere in the middle. There are people on tumblr who identify as things that aren't even fricking human.
Opo. This is what the damn joke was about.

It's what it was always about.

And now I lost a friend trying to explain that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think people just need to understand that the meanings of phrases change over time.

Famous example is a certain N word that was commonly used against a certain race of people as a derogatory term, and nowadays that same term is used by those people it used to be used against, as a phrase to state your friendship with someone.

Or how the word gay used to just mean "happy" in older times, then in more recent decades it became used as a derogatory term against homosexuals, and then homosexuals pridefully adopted the phrase and have no problem using that specific phrase to describe themselves now.

The attack helicopter thing may have started as a transphobic thing, but that doesn't mean everyone is introduced to it in that context or that it's the most widely used context for it these days.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .I feel kinda gutted after reading the past conversation.

Why didn't I think of any way to help? I didn't. . .I didn't want any of this to end this way. I don't like it when anyone feels hurt. . .

If there's any way I can help make things better. . .please, let me know. . .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It might actually be a joke towards Tumblr's idea of the gender spectrum. Because while it is most certainly to be a trans-male, trans-woman, or even somewhere in the middle. There are people on tumblr who identify as things that aren't even fricking human.
Like, I'm just saying this, I guess. Whenever I see the joke used, it's always used in response to someone giving an option of male/female, or things like that. So the general response is "what about us attack helicopters" or something similar.

So basically making a joke out of anyone who isn't binary. If ever a non-binary or transgender person responds asking for an option, there is invariably an attack helicopter comment to follow. And that basically degrades those people to nothing more than a punch line, and that's not okay.

So even if something didn't start a certain way, it can become that way. Even if the joke didn't start out as transphobic/I'm-not-sure-of-the-word-for-non-binary-phobic, I definitely think it's become that way due to the people who've adopted the joke. Like how the swastika was a symbol of peace before the Nazis took it over. Or how Pepe was just a comic character before the other Nazis took it over.

Just the way I see it, anyway, so I guess it's anecdotal. Just giving my viewpoint is all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Or people could try to listen and understand why something may be problematic to others instead of insisting "nah, nah it's not about that, it's about this" despite it not actually changing a damn thing. All that shows is how little someone understands and cares about the topic.
Alright look, I might not be the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but here's what I think. If you disagree with something, disagree with it. Posting, "you need to stop" isn't contributing anything to the situation. So yeah, in you're case you are better off just ignoring it, because you're not doing anything about it except fueling the fire.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Strider Hiryu won. Nothing else to say here but it was expected.

Next are basically the 80's and 90's characters from Capcom's days of old. These are the retro characters if you may. Your choices are Nathan Radd Spencer from Bionic Commando, Pure & Fur from Capcom Adventure Quiz, Michelle Heart from Legendary Wings, and Unknown Soldier from Forgotten Worlds.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Uh. Kurri you okay?

I was just saying that joke wasn't originally created to mock trans people. I remember when it was first made years ago.
your life becomes exponentially better if you stop making jokes that were specifically created to mock people who very often have underlying mental health issues and/or are kids

sure, being otherkin's weird, but there's so many other things in this world you could laugh about that aren't directly making fun of a tiny subset of people. it's like getting a chuckle out of some kid's artwork. sure, it's bad, but who cares? they enjoy doing it.

also attack helicopter jokes are most definitely used in a transphobic context

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Please... Move on from this.

This has hurt a lot of feelings on both sides so please don't bring it up any more.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I wonder how good the HD rumble in 1/2 genie hero is. I heard people say it was really good
And here I am sitting and waiting to play Half-Genie Hero despite having owned it since Christmas of last year due to a lack of a controller available for me to play the game on the PC. :p

I guess that means I have to debate whether or not to refund it on Steam after all this time and buy it on the Switch...

Also, what FalKoopa FalKoopa said. I really believe it is time to move on to other topics as I don't want to see anyone else's feelings get hurt.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
your life becomes exponentially better if you stop making jokes that were specifically created to mock people who very often have underlying mental health issues and/or are kids
I didn't make the joke though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

And here I am sitting and waiting to play Half-Genie Hero despite having owned it since Christmas of last year due to a lack of a controller available for me to play the game on the PC. :p

I guess that means I have to debate whether or not to refund it on Steam after all this time and buy it on the Switch...
I actually never played it before so this is my first time

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I didn't make the joke though.
I know that, but I quoted it bcs it was like, the last thing I saw when I started thinking about what I was going to say. I was speaking generally there and the post was relevant to my point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom