• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Star Wars finally.

I'm not getting hype for Anthem because I'll only hurt myself and my lack of caring about a Microsoft exclusive.
They never said it was Microsoft exclusive though.
It's just gonna be marketed by them because of Scorpio.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
****...Adam West had one of the most memorable voices in any kind of media, always appropriated him when I found out more about voice actors. He'll remain a legend.

In brighter news, I binged MHA with a friend and ended up seeing a scene I accidentally skipped (post credits scene of the season finale. **** yeah) but it made me realize something. Good LORD, people were NOT exaggerating when they said the anime screwed up the pacing. The first manga chapter had 2 whole episodes for it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just curious if anything for the Switch was shown off or if EA's still only sticking with (less than)FIFA 18 for now...I'm at work so I can't watch (though not like I would have anyways)

Then again EA doesn't have a whole lot of stuff I'm interested in to begin with...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not too big on getting the Blitzkrieg achievment, I like being able to take as much time as I want

I used those classes already in my first run, except with Kliff and Tobin's changed.
I still don't get these recommendations for Mage Tobin and Archer Kliff, they really shine best in their canon classes: Tobin has a laughable Spell list with the only advantage being the earliest Excalibur which really soesn't matter much in the long run with his terrible Spd growth and Kliff learning it not so long after, lack of 3 Rng spell also hurts him a lot as Thunder helps to offset the 4 Mov and Saggitae becomes viable with the Speed Ring. Archer Tobin struggles through Act 1 where, really, Archers are more of a liability but his crit rate will reach much more higher numbers than as a Mage by Act 3(mine is reaching a solid 80% with supports and Hunter's Volley).
Meanwhile, Kliff won't be doing much as an Archer and his Spd is wasted on a class that doesn't really need it after halfway through Act 3 because Killer Bow is a thing. Mage Kliff gets almost every playable Black Spell in the game except Ragnarok and actual Spd to double enemies with Excalibur.

But I wanted more joke recommendations like a Cav brigade or rain of arrows, you're trying to be too serious here.

If you were going for Blitzkrieg, then Mage Tobin is best because of early Excalibur which makes the early game go faster. He gets replaced later on but he can still be a Physic bot at that point.

If you were going for a joke run, I don't know why you're thinking about reclassing the Villagers in the first place, and clearly, you should pitchfork Lukas to a Villager and keep him there for extra jokes. :p

---------------

Wonder Woman was pretty good. Not amazing but a decent romp.

Charlie is the best character though. :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seeing Adam West in the credits of my favorite cartoons while growing up was pretty cool; that really showed his dedication.
The best Batman, the best Catman, the best at helping Johnny Bravo to save his mama, the best at creeping out Homer Simpson, the best Mayor of Quahog, etc.

"And I don't say that to everyone."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Checks out the E3 schedule list*

I see that Microsoft is tomorrow. Good.

But who the heck is Devolver Digital and why do they have a press conference?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Most people seem pretty accepting of the idea that all of the Nintendo E3 leaks we've gotten so far are real.

I'm creeped out. This isn't how leaks work.

Leaks are about screaming how something is fake over and over and over again until it turns out to be true. If that's not what's happening then there's something fundamentally wrong in the world. But what is. . .

. . .

No. . .NO. . .

*crashing noises*

. . .

:4villager: C_ri_us w_sn_ h_re :4villager:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I didn't see EA's show but what's ya'lls verdict on it? Good? Bad? Okay?
I thought it was cool. I may not play sports games, but recently I've grown more accepting of them. Just because I don't enjoy something doesn't mean others can't, and people love these sports games. Plus I think it's cool to see them add some sort of story elements to them.

Outside of sports, we got Battlefield 1 DLC info, which I thought was cool.
Need for Speed Payback was... eh? I see what they're trying to do, differentiate themselves from the competition, but I dunno if I'm down with it.
A Way Out looked amazing.
Star Wars Battlefront II looked great as well.
Then there was that new Bioware game, but they're not showing more till Microsoft's conference tomorrow.

No Switch titles announced?
Outside of Ubisoft with Rayman and Just Dance, I wouldn't hold my breath for any Switch titles from Western publishers/devs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So Battlefield 1 is finally getting Eastern Front stuff, huh? That's neat.

Wonder if there will be anything relating to the Russian Revolution and the wars relating to that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A wild Sanic game appears.

The name says it's a Runners sequel based on the Adventure games but the pictures make my mind think it's either Sonic Lost World or Sonic Rush.

Watch it be secretly Sonic Shuffle, I guess. :4sonic:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Played my first online Tournament in Tekken 7. I somehow managed to snag 3rd place. But damn dude, I'm not good against Dragonov.

D

Deleted member

That Star Gladiator poll was expected to be short. But June managed to beat Hayato by two points despite her not being playable in the first two Marvel vs Capcoms (being a cameo in his victory animation). People probably see potential in her plasma rings or like her character in Project x Zone 2. Nothing noteworthy, time to move on.

Next would be something some would say isn't really needed, but what the hell. Strider used to be a rather small franchise with its own cast of unique characters, good or evil. Your choices are Strider Hiryu (who you all know from the Marvel vs Capcom series), Strider Hien, Solo, and Ton Pooh (which some were in Namco x Capcom with others in the Strider reboot).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

R.I.P. OG Batman and the best Family Guy character.
I have to confess, I've wanted to make a Strider Hiryu support thread since the Zebei social group days, but due to him being co-owned by Capcom and a manga company called Moto Kikaku (plus the Strider manga came before the games), he probably falls under a gray area at best when it comes to being a video game character. Either way, I don't see Sakurai going through the legal hoops to get a character in Hiryu's position into Smash.

He'd be awesome to have in Smash, though.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Played my first online Tournament in Tekken 7. I somehow managed to snag 3rd place. But damn dude, I'm not good against Dragonov.
Every Dragonov I've played against has bodied me crazy. Sure I've been getting whooped by everyone, but the Dragonovs really push it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever once watched EA's conference and I don't think I've ever once felt like I was missing out by not doing so.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Every Dragonov I've played against has bodied me crazy. Sure I've been getting whooped by everyone, but the Dragonovs really push it.
I've slowly gotten a few wins with Jin, and even a couple with Nina. But certain characters are too tricky for me to fight against without a lot of practice.

Dragonov is easily the character I have the most issues with.

I don't think I've ever once watched EA's conference and I don't think I've ever once felt like I was missing out by not doing so.
For the most part, I feel the same way. I'm waiting on the big 3 companies to show some stuff. Maybe some Killer Instinct stuff will get shown. Though I'd like to be surprised by Capcom or Namco. Ubisoft might have a decent Rayman game or something.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That's honestly why I'm worried.
Eh, Nintendo just needs to give them a reason to support the Switch. Last I heard the console is doing well in sales, but that's just the first couple of months. If Nintendo can keep the Switch booming throughout the rest of the year, then we'll probably see games from the others.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Robert of Normandy Robert of Normandy I need the sauce of your avi.

------

Friend: "Hey, wanna go eat something tomorrow?"
Me: "Nah, Imma watch Nascar"
Friend: "Don't you get tired of cars just going in circles?"
Me: "They are going in triangles now"

Friend: "Oh"

Kachow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For the most part, I feel the same way. I'm waiting on the big 3 companies to show some stuff. Maybe some Killer Instinct stuff will get shown. Though I'd like to be surprised by Capcom or Namco. Ubisoft might have a decent Rayman game or something.
Yeh, usually only try to watch Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft I watch if I've nothing else going on, but usually I get bored and just check the clips of stuff I care about afterwards. Missed it the last several years. I like to watch Sony's, but if I've other plans I'll just catch up on it later. But they usually put on a good show. Nintendo's I always try to make time for.

Which won't be hard if it's only 25 mins. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom