• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Family Guy (before the show when rock bottom) was easily also one of my favorite roles for Mr. West.
One of my favorite moments was when he spent thousands of taxpayer dollars trying to figure out why the water he put in his potted plant kept "disappearing."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn. Adam West died. He was the best Batman ever. Not even Michael Keaton could hold a candle to Adam West.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Crossovers, Adventure Time and Regular Show are apparently crossing over in a comic. That could be pretty interesting.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Adam West is the reason we still have Batman today, he made the character an icon and saved the character's comics from being cancelled permanently. On top of that he was a genuinely nice guy and was always great at making people laugh.
Rest in Peace.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Rip Adam West may he have amateurs singing songs of Don't Stop Believing and no baseball cards being around..
His ability to make fun of himself was one of his best attributes and one of many parts that made him a great person.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Page 1000? I guess we did it, people! :starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:

On a more dour note however, Adam West seems have passed away. I have a huge fondness for his Batman and he will be missed dearly by me and probably many more.

The Gray Ghost may have pass away, but he will always be in our heart.
Rest In Peace Adam West, and thank you for for every funny moment you have done and for inspiring one of the greatest show of all time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
About to see Wonder Woman. We arrived early though.

I would have rather seen Guardians of the Galaxy but majority rules.

Shame nobody wanted to see Peppa Pig: My First Movie Experience, the true patrician movie choice right now.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A supposed E3 leak I saw in another thread got me thinking. I have a question for you all.

How would you react to a third Sin and Punishment game for the Switch?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow there's currently SIX things trending on Twitter relating to Adam West:

Adam West
#Batman
Mayor of Quahog
#FamilyGuy
RIP Mr. West
Lookwell

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A supposed E3 leak I saw in another thread got me thinking. I have a question for you all.

Never played the others so indifference overall, probably a 'hey cool' at most....

heard good things about the game however...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I own the first two (beaten the original and still haven't gotten around to the Wii game yet).

If it happens, I'll definitely get around to the Wii game.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I've been looking at old Batman clips since I heard the news of West's passing and been having a nostalgia trip. It makes miss him even more.

This will never not be gold.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I never heard of that game before, what is it about
Arcade-style rail shooter series by Nintendo and developed by Treasure.

The first game was Japan only for N64 but released internationally via Wii & Wii U Virtual Console. A sequel came out on the Wii (worldwide this time).

The Super Smash Bros.'s Assist Trophy Saki Amamiya came from that series.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Damn, my heart is still pounding hard from today's Attack on Titan episode.

It seems Historia chocked on some Titan saliva while inside Titan Ymir's mouth. Gross!

Historia decides to become Ymir's ally and come along with her, to do whatever it takes to prevent Ymir from getting killed. The Yumikuri was too strong in those first few minutes.

I also noticed there was a lot of emphasis on the flowers in this episode. The first flower we see is a pink one that is riding down the river and eventually falls over a waterfall. I think that flower represented the Survey Corps, and the way it traveled down the river reminded me of how the Survey Corps were chasing Reiner, Bertolt, and Ymir. The way it fell out of the river and into the waterfall below made me think it represented how everything would fall on the Survey Corps was multitude members of them would be devoured later into the episode. I also think that same flower could represent Ymir and Historia's relationship; it's gentle and sweet as it floats down the river, but when the flower fell over the waterfall, it could be symbolic foreshadowing that their relationship won't end the way we want it to.

The Survey Corps, as well as the few other Recon Corps and Military Police soldiers, catch up. Reiner protects Bertolt and Eren by covering them with his hand. Mikasa tries to kill Ymir but still slices an eye, and Historia tells her to stop. Mikasa doesn't take that, and she presents Historia with a choice: save Eren or save Ymir.

Then Mikasa reaches Bertolt, and we get this creepy yandere moment:

The 104th soldiers try to remind Bertoltof the good times they spent together, leading to Bertolt's breakdown, and let me tell you, Bertolt's VA really delivered! You could really hear the pain in his voice.

And then the second half of the episode reminded us of why Erwin Smith is one of the most badass characters in Attack on Titan. The dude managed to gather a horde of Titans and leads them to charge into Reiner. This slows down Reiner immensely, to the point he has to start tackling Titans until he reaches a standstill.

Erwin then forces all of the military people around to charge into the Titans, leading to a good chunk of deaths. Erwin doesn't care. All that matters is freeing Eren before it's too late. As Erwin continues to lead the charge, this happens:

Erwin gets his arm bitten off by a Titan! Even though he is being dragged away, does that stop him? Nope, he screams at the top of his lungs:

SUSUME!!!!!!!

Seriously, who didn't scream "Susume!" alongside Erwin at that moment? This is easily Erwin's best moment in the series at this point!

When Reiner lowered his hand to expose Bertolt and Eren in order to better plow through the Titans, Mikasa and Armin take the second opportunity to negotiate with Bertolt. It's now Armin's turn to be creepy:

He tells Bertolt that Annie is being tortured in the most painful way possible (even though we viewers know he is lying), and he delivers those words in the most disturbing way you can imagine. Bertolt snaps once again, calling him and the others "spawns of the devil."

Mikasa tries to intervene yet again, but it isn't long before a Titan manages to grab her and crush her ribs. So, what was that about Mikasa being too OP? Because now she just got caught by a Titan even though Eren tried to warn her. Jean manages to save her in the nick of time by blinding the Titan, and that now leaves Eren. Who saves him now that the others had to fall down from Reiner's soldiers?

The one and only Erwin of course!

You have to give this guys props for managing to fly toward Bertolt's location and slicing away Eren's bindings to free him with just one arm!

The Survey Corps and the accompanying Recon Corps and Military Police finally begin to retreat, but the battle is far from over. Reiner starts throwing Titans at the time, causing their retreat to come to a standstill! Even Mikasa and Eren end up getting caught in the attack (she managed to grab Eren as he was falling down), and the two end up in a distance away from the group. Flowers surround them again, marking the second time flowers are emphasized here. As they get up, they get a disturbing welcome from a familiar face:

It's the Titan that ate Eren's mom! The Smiling Titan!

And the episode ends right there. Quite the cliffhanger!

This episode definitely earns a 10/10 from me! There was heart-pounding action, there was Yumikuri feels, there was Mikasa and Armin being creepy, there was some interesting symbolism with the flowers, there was Erwin Smith being a badass, and there was Bertolt snapping!

Well, only one episode of Season 2 left. Next week is the one I've been waiting for a long time! Why? To put it in simple terms:

We are going to see Chapter 50 animated next week!

This was my favorite AoT chapter for a very long time, and it will finally appear on the television screens. Seeing it animated along with some great music will surely bring back the same feeling I experienced when I first read this chapter 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

*grumbles something incoherent about how it should have been something else :4darkpit:*

But really, I have absolutely no investment in it one way or the other. Which is really the main reason I don't like the leak, because it has absolutely nothing I want nor anything that seems particularly mass market either. I don't really have anything to be mad at because there's no point, but there's nothing to be excited over either.

Of course, the leak is largely hanging on by details that have nothing to do with the games themselves and seem to even be inaccurate and have holes in the story themselves to a degree, so for the time being I'm chalking it up to a lucky guess. The game choices in the leak seem very off. Not that the leak would necessarily influence what could be revealed seeing as it's supposedly someone getting it off of the showfloor. I don't expect any juicy fresh reveals to be playable on the showfloor anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's a

Rail shooter. You may know it as the game Saki Amamiya is from, one of the Assist Trophies in Smash.
oooh oh Ok, I always wondered where that character was from
*grumbles something incoherent about how it should have been something else :4darkpit:*

But really, I have absolutely no investment in it one way or the other. Which is really the main reason I don't like the leak, because it has absolutely nothing I want nor anything that seems particularly mass market either. I don't really have anything to be mad at because there's no point, but there's nothing to be excited over either.

Of course, the leak is largely hanging on by details that have nothing to do with the games themselves and seem to even be inaccurate and have holes in the story themselves to a degree, so for the time being I'm chalking it up to a lucky guess. The game choices in the leak seem very off. Not that the leak would necessarily influence what could be revealed seeing as it's supposedly someone getting it off of the showfloor. I don't expect any juicy fresh reveals to be playable on the showfloor anyway.
Ironic concidering people think smash was confermed because reggie simply mentioned it

im curious, what else is in that leak?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally completed Corrector Yui season 1; it hit me in the honey nut feelios. Pretty underrated series imo.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
oooh oh Ok, I always wondered where that character was from

Ironic concidering people think smash was confermed because reggie simply mentioned it

im curious, what else is in that leak?
I think a Waverace/Pilotwings game, a #FE port, and none of the big games people wanted being on the showfloor (so no Animal Crossing).

The problem is they said the displays were pretty far along being put up and a day later they were only just starting to be put up. They also said there was a Mario statue in the display that I don't think anyone saw actually there.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Apparently someone found concept art of Orlando's version of Super Nintendo World.
It appears to be replacing the Kids Area at the park.

Of course, we should take it with a grain of salt, but if it's true it gets rid of any size worries I had.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That Star Gladiator poll was expected to be short. But June managed to beat Hayato by two points despite her not being playable in the first two Marvel vs Capcoms (being a cameo in his victory animation). People probably see potential in her plasma rings or like her character in Project x Zone 2. Nothing noteworthy, time to move on.

Next would be something some would say isn't really needed, but what the hell. Strider used to be a rather small franchise with its own cast of unique characters, good or evil. Your choices are Strider Hiryu (who you all know from the Marvel vs Capcom series), Strider Hien, Solo, and Ton Pooh (which some were in Namco x Capcom with others in the Strider reboot).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

R.I.P. OG Batman and the best Family Guy character.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Although I may not necessarily be familiar with what Adam West has done (although I now know he played and voiced the original Batman and also voiced a character on FG), that won't stop me from expressing my condolences to his family and the man himself.

RIP Adam West, and thank you for entertaining the many audiences of the shows you starred in for many generations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finally unlocked Palutena in Echoes guys.

View attachment 130580

Are you going for the Blitzkrieg award?

If so:

Gray: Mercenary
Tobin: Mage
Kliff: Archer or Mercenary
Faye: Cleric
Atlas: Mercenary or Archer

I've also heard good things about pitchforking Mae into a Pegasus Knight once you reach the desert maps.
I'm not too big on getting the Blitzkrieg achievment, I like being able to take as much time as I want

I used those classes already in my first run, except with Kliff and Tobin's changed.
I still don't get these recommendations for Mage Tobin and Archer Kliff, they really shine best in their canon classes: Tobin has a laughable Spell list with the only advantage being the earliest Excalibur which really soesn't matter much in the long run with his terrible Spd growth and Kliff learning it not so long after, lack of 3 Rng spell also hurts him a lot as Thunder helps to offset the 4 Mov and Saggitae becomes viable with the Speed Ring. Archer Tobin struggles through Act 1 where, really, Archers are more of a liability but his crit rate will reach much more higher numbers than as a Mage by Act 3(mine is reaching a solid 80% with supports and Hunter's Volley).
Meanwhile, Kliff won't be doing much as an Archer and his Spd is wasted on a class that doesn't really need it after halfway through Act 3 because Killer Bow is a thing. Mage Kliff gets almost every playable Black Spell in the game except Ragnarok and actual Spd to double enemies with Excalibur.

But I wanted more joke recommendations like a Cav brigade or rain of arrows, you're trying to be too serious here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good thing nobody at work asked WHY I asked Tuesday off from work (real reason: Nintendo's E3 show).

If they did, I'd go with "Something is coming to my house and I got to be home to receive it" (Still technically true) :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Asides from A Way Out. I would buy nothing else from EA. Maybe that Need for Speed game, but that's eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom