• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just realized something

Well, he did crossover with Batman once so it's not really far-fetched for him to show up in a DC fighting game. Where else is he going to cameo? Soul Calibur? Yeah, like that makes sense...

Wait.

In all seriousness though I hope he does show up in Injustice 2. I really love Spawn and he's a far better guest than Raiden or Sub-Zero.
Eh, DC Universe is violent enough for MK characters. To be fair, it's not like they haven't crossed over before.

That said, I picked up SCII for Xbox because of Spawn. I already owned the GC version. I had no interest in Tekken, so I didn't go for the PS2 version(also, to be fair, Heihachi doesn't fit well balance-wise due to a serious lack of range, at least compared to the other guests).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Eh, DC Universe is violent enough for MK characters. To be fair, it's not like they haven't crossed over before.

That said, I picked up SCII for Xbox because of Spawn. I already owned the GC version. I had no interest in Tekken, so I didn't go for the PS2 version(also, to be fair, Heihachi doesn't fit well balance-wise due to a serious lack of range, at least compared to the other guests).
I'm not saying MK characters are bad guest characters. On the contrary, I loved Scorpion and Sub-Zero is probably my most anticipated of the first three. Really don't care for Raiden making it in though, save him for 3 or even a premier skin? I'm just saying in terms of their comic book roots Spawn fits quite nicely.

I own every version of SC2. I adore that game and series. Out of the three though, stylistically, Spawn stuck out like a sore thumb among the cast. Heihachi was weird cause he didn't have an actual weapon. And Link was just bloody ****ing perfect. The only other one that comes close is Ezio in 5 but we don't talk about that game. And if we do we don't talk about any of the new characters.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, he did crossover with Batman once so it's not really far-fetched for him to show up in a DC fighting game. Where else is he going to cameo? Soul Calibur? Yeah, like that makes sense...

Wait.

In all seriousness though I hope he does show up in Injustice 2. I really love Spawn and he's a far better guest than Raiden or Sub-Zero.
Speaking of which, next Soul Calibur for Switch with FE guest fighters?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not saying MK characters are bad guest characters. On the contrary, I loved Scorpion and Sub-Zero is probably my most anticipated of the first three. Really don't care for Raiden making it in though, save him for 3 or even a premier skin? I'm just saying in terms of their comic book roots Spawn fits quite nicely.

I own every version of SC2. I adore that game and series. Out of the three though, stylistically, Spawn stuck out like a sore thumb among the cast. Heihachi was weird cause he didn't have an actual weapon. And Link was just bloody ****ing perfect. The only other one that comes close is Ezio in 5 but we don't talk about that game. And if we do we don't talk about any of the new characters.
My guess is Raiden is there due to the fact DC Universe has far more electrical characters compared to Undead? That or they only wanted to milk one major character and have a lesser one in. Another factor is that DC is full of Deities too. Raiden fits in due to that alone. Scorpion feels like he could fit into Marvel better, if only due to Ghost Rider. Totally agree Scorpion should be in there too.

That said, I can't remember any Thunder Gods in the DC Universe. Maybe he didn't feel right as a skin due to that? Although now that I think about it, Shao Kahn could fit easily in either Marvel or DC due to his design. He's basically Hulk as a god with projectiles, and proper speech, at times. ...And more clothing, barely. >.>

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My guess is Raiden is there due to the fact DC Universe has far more electrical characters compared to Undead? That or they only wanted to milk one major character and have a lesser one in. Another factor is that DC is full of Deities too. Raiden fits in due to that alone. Scorpion feels like he could fit into Marvel better, if only due to Ghost Rider. Totally agree Scorpion should be in there too.

That said, I can't remember any Thunder Gods in the DC Universe. Maybe he didn't feel right as a skin due to that? Although now that I think about it, Shao Kahn could fit easily in either Marvel or DC due to his design. He's basically Hulk as a god with projectiles, and proper speech, at times. ...And more clothing, barely. >.>
Or they could have just used Static Shock who's a popular request for Injustice to begin with

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or they could have just used Static Shock who's a popular request for Injustice to begin with
Or both. Since it's still fairly easy to make them unique from each other anyway.

No reason to leave someone out for another when it's pretty easy to have various characters who just happen to shame some similar powers. Especially when you consider Static's flying in the show can be taken into account to easily give him more unique moves.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Or both. Since it's still fairly easy to make them unique from each other anyway.

No reason to leave someone out for another when it's pretty easy to have various characters who just happen to shame some similar powers. Especially when you consider Static's flying in the show can be taken into account to easily give him more unique moves.
They got rid of Lobo, Killer Frost and Deathstroke and added characters who played/looked similar to the cuts. PLUS I'M PRETTY SURE THERE WAS CONCEPT ART FOR STATIC FLYING AROUND AND HE WAS LITERALLY A HIGHLY REQUESTED CHARACTER WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT INTO THE LAST

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They got rid of Lobo, Killer Frost and Deathstroke and added characters who played/looked similar to the cuts. PLUS I'M PRETTY SURE THERE WAS CONCEPT ART FOR STATIC FLYING AROUND AND HE WAS LITERALLY A HIGHLY REQUESTED CHARACTER WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT INTO THE LAST
Your capslock is broken. Try fixing it, please.

And that's too bad. Guess Static's chances are small. They didn't outright say he won't be in, did they? The concept art means he might still have a chance, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well. I played about as much Xenoblade Chronicles X as I plan on playing.

Did 99% of the missions and beat the main story.

I really enjoyed it.

That said, I took the time to change my avatar and sig.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you have solid taste in avis and you need to finish EOU.

In reverse order of importance.
That's the game I plan on focusing on next.

It's just...

That game is soooo long and I feel like I can play for hours without getting anywhere.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Does anyone here watch or read My Hero Academia?

I saw a clip today and the animation looks awesome.
I'm about to binge a bit of it with a friend and when I get home I'll be able to see the newest episode (watching the dub). Though I'm expecting 3 volumes of the manga in the mail
Well. I played about as much Xenoblade Chronicles X as I plan on playing.

Did 99% of the missions and beat the main story.

I really enjoyed it.

That said, I took the time to change my avatar and sig.

What do you think?
Trucy is adorbs, you did good Swamp. You did good

Also have fun with your self insert fanfiction

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm glad they cut Rosalina in favour if Roslina in Smash Switch.

She was always the more popular one of the two anyway.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
People miss Killer Frost? Captain Cold is much better.
And I kinda hope Static is saved for Injustice 3 so he has a story mode role

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've had this avatar for like an hour and I love it so much already.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Finally completed Specter of Torment.

Prefer Plague Knight's story, but God. Damn. Speccy's mechanics are satisfying.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can officially say that I killed Death with UNLIMITED POWEEEEEEEEEEEER.

Thank you Castlevania, you are the best game ever.:4dedede: (For those who ask, It's Aria of Sorrow)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I tried out my Switch despite with no games to play, I had tried the Joy Con wrist strap while watching Nintendo's Joy Con wrist strap video. The main two features that you have to pay attention are the +- mark and the locks. A single strap can actually being put on both Joy Cons (Yeah, I didn't realize that until I bought the console...), and you have to push the lock to secure the strap. Many people were arguing that taking off straps feels like it can hurt the Joy Con, when I take it off I didn't need that much strength and it slide off pretty smoothly. So again, Joy Con straps aren't really a problem, it would be better if the +- marks are more significant though.

And I don't know if it's just me, but when I turn off my Switch into sleep mode, I found that pressing home button right after it goes to sleep can't be turn on immediately. You have to wait for a moment and then press the home button. One time I was pressing the home button when it wasn't turning on. I somehow notice the top left corner of my Switch flashed a bit. I thought Switch had a light there, but I later concern it might be a spark or something. It's probably just my illusion since I check there were no marks, heat, or damage at all. And I tried to see if it happens again, no, it did not.
I try to connect to my TV, it is an CRT but recently has a digital channel box being connected to that has HDMI port. Unfortunately I connect it and put my Switch in the dock, the green light did show, but the TV has no signal at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can you get Sol from divided Balors in FE Echoes?

Been at this for 83 turns now.

WVW69kYpJeswYLmBVo.jpg

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
E3 is in, what, three days, yeah?

Looking forward to it. This'll be the first time I'll be able to watch the entire thing.
You mean watch the Nintendo Spotlight? It's nearly impossible for me to watch the entire Treehouse Live at E3. I usually just watch the replay and the games I want to see.
The first time I watch E3 live was 2014, when I started to use Youtube a lot.
Rumor says that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be delayed, expected but I am not that disappointed, especially if they delayed in order to make the game better.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can you get Sol from divided Balors in FE Echoes?

Been at this for 83 turns now.

I'm pretty sure you can, but it's only a 0.2% chance for it to drop.

I know that enemies summoned by Cantors or Witches don't drop the items but the guy who runs SF said that you can get it from the multiplying Balors. But I haven't actually tried it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: If I'm remembering how probability works right, that means you'd have to kill 500 Balors to be guarunteed a drop.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure you can, but it's only a 0.2% chance for it to drop.

I know that enemies summoned by Cantors or Witches don't drop the items but the guy who runs SF said that you can get it from the multiplying Balors. But I haven't actually tried it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: If I'm remembering how probability works right, that means you'd have to kill 500 Balors to be guarunteed a drop.
Yeah I saw that, but I haven't seen anybody necessarily confirm it works.

Guess I'll look for some podcasts or something to listen to and keep at it. It's fun watching units level up anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
OKAY so soneone please tell me if I'm right or wrong, because I'm tired of being wrong.

Microsoft/Beth is Sunday, Nintendo is Tuesday.

Yes or no?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Its EA, who gives a ****.

But wait. Then what's happening 13-15? I looked up the schedule online, it said it was all starting Tuesday.

The hell. Now I'm confused.
EA is today, Bethesda and Microsoft tomorrow, Sony, Ubisoft and the PC gaming show on Monday, Nintendo Showcase on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom