• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I didn't make the joke though.
I think it would probably be best to take Fal's advice and leave the topic alone for a while, maybe think about why Kurri's feelings were hurt in the meanwhile.

The fact that you didn't stop when Kurri asked you to before is a large part of the reason why it got as bad as it did.

I worry that what I'm saying is way too harsh, but. . .

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I didn't knew the copyrights on Kohmi Hirose songs were so strong.
I wanna get the Geddan Song but I only find the Touhou remix.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
At the moment, only a few small moments. If you like the Tokoyami, Momo or the Kirishima(Red haired kid), they get some good screen time.

Iida does get more moments outside of this arc too.
I was aware of Momo as she's on the cover of Volume 8 lol.

Also saying "The joke wasn't meant in that context" isn't saying sorry. I mean, c'mon guys, it's pretty obvious the joke upset someone but if you're going to go "Oh, I didn't MEAN it like that! That's not what it means anymore!", at least realize that doesn't make it better. It's rude , selfish and dumb. It's like going "Oh, I'M not the problem for acting like a ****, YOU'RE the problem for not accepting my behaviour!!"You're the REAL Nazis"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean. . .it's also used very frequently as a derogatory term still

In less awkward topics

dog
It's still used that way, but so are a lot of things, like gay. Doesn't mean you need to censor every single use of the term.

I'm not saying it was necessarily the wisest or most appropriate thing to bring up such a joke in this thread of all places - where it's well known that people here fall on various different places of the gender and/or sexuality spectrum and have had hardships associated with it - but at the same time, it's not fair to condemn people on the spot. Especially some younger users who might know the joke in a less offensive context.

At the very least, people should explain how the joke is offensive beyond just saying "it's transphobic, **** you" or making their own sarcastic jokes in response. Opossum Opossum is the only person who gave a detailed reason as to why the joke is transphobic, and I feel his points are also very valid and worth considering.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kissanime is absolutely moronic.

"Click the yellow, bunny and emoticon, pizza to prove be you are human"

Who's idea was THIS?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So nice thing is that I found out how to really deal with that last level in Tempest Trials. And once you have a strategy, it becomes helpful in the long run. So it's possible that I might be able to get the Quickened Pulse Seal before the event ends. Oh, and Priscilla is awesome.
That being said, it's amazing how enemy characters can make you despise a skill so much when you don't think to check if any of the enemies have it and they end up taking out one of your characters from across the map.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kissanime is absolutely moronic.

"Click the yellow, bunny and emoticon, pizza to prove be you are human"

Who's idea was THIS?
Its to make sure you're not a bot.

Its also a small relief from the stress of life. Think about it- when's the last time you had to match up words to pictures? Probably kindergarten. And I think I can speak for us adults here that we miss the school days of our youth.

Well I do anyways.

Silver linings guys.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Its to make sure you're not a bot.

Its also a small relief from the stress of life. Think about it- when's the last time you had to match up words to pictures? Probably kindergarten. And I think I can speak for us adults here that we miss the school days of our youth.

Well I do anyways.

Silver linings guys.
smfh trying to talk about the glory days of kindergarten and not even a mention of finger painting.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
illust_59650144_20170607_223559.png
Robertman2 Robertman2 from one peraona fan to another. My pixiv is starting to fill with Persona 5 stuff
And shove them down his throat
Are you in love with Akechi so much you wanna not only make him breakfest, but shove it down his throat? What a loving husband you are <3

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We might get some Kingdom Hearts news at this event tonight.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

-reading past few pages-

....no other words can describe the sheer contempt I have for the lot of you right now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I live about 5 to 6 miles away from the beach, why do ya ask??
Im looking for a Bass Pro Shop.
The thing is that a diecast I want suddenly became store exclusive, and the sellers on ebay are selling the cars for +130 bucks and I wanna know if they're being fair or going full "amiibo scalper" style with the price.

Im not asking you or anyone to go to BPS to check but if you know someone that's into fishing (that's why I asked about living near water) I would like to know if they know the price.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I didn't watch the EA conference but a pal of mine brought me up to speed on a revealed game called Anthem. He didn't tell me much other then it has "power armor" in it.

Anyone got details?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"KHIII has been delayed"
"KHIII has been cancelled"
"KHIII has been outsourced to this new indie guy who's only prior work is a puzzle game"
"KHIII? The **** is that?"
I expect at least one of these tbh
Nomura has already said multiple times that 2017 is the year for KH3 promotion, what with it being the 15th anniversary of the franchise and all. There's also that guy who's leaked a ton of stuff about Square Enix and a few other third parties in the past saying that we're going to see the game at E3 this year.

Plus, having a KH Orchestra Concert in LA, specifically when E3 is on, is mighty suspicious timing, and past World Tour concerts have all given us a little something too.

I seriously think there is very little reason to doubt KH3 will make some kind of genuine E3 appearance. It has been a while since the last major development update.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Im looking for a Bass Pro Shop.
The thing is that a diecast I want suddenly became store exclusive, and the sellers on ebay are selling the cars for +130 bucks and I wanna know if they're being fair or going full "amiibo scalper" style with the price.

Im not asking you or anyone to go to BPS to check but if you know someone that's into fishing (that's why I asked about living near water) I would like to know if they know the price.
whats the diecasts name? Ill google it up to see if any BPS related links show up

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I didn't watch the EA conference but a pal of mine brought me up to speed on a revealed game called Anthem. He didn't tell me much other then it has "power armor" in it.

Anyone got details?
Its Bioware, so don't bother with it

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Who needs high scores when you have waifus?

Anyway, I think I managed to pretty much trivialise the final battle. I got a Roy way back when the game launched, used him a bit, then I started getting other units and gradually forgot about him. ...Until the Tempest Trials showed up. I gave him Green Tomebreaker, and now my semi-skilled Roy can beat any Veronica. It does mean I have to sacrifice my starting team in order to bring Roy in at the end, but since speed outweighs survival it doesn't matter.

I'm just over halfway to 5* Marth now, so hopefully I can keep going from there and manage to make up the points needed for Quickened Pulse before it ends. It is quite the grind, though; I'd like if the rewards were more evenly spaced out so it feels like you're making actual progress, or you got more points for a one-team run or something.
I've been bringing out my Roy as well, my first 5* unit that very quickly gathered dust. The majority of the Tempest Trials are done with Tharja, Bridal Cordelia, and Azura. C Buffs, seals, and Cordelia with her ridiculous Atk/Spd Rally makes Tharja a monster and Azura moves her again to either back out or attack another unit.

Really need to give Desperation to my units though, never cared for such skills until these Trials have come up. So often my perfect run is ruined at the end because Tharja gets too low to survive the one hit from Veronica to double her to death safely.

On the other hand I've been slapping Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on everything because that completely opens up a world of possibilities that can keep the team healthy. The offensive and defensive potential makes it a lot funner to think about too.

My plan is to aim for an average of 5,000 points per day, which will get me Quickened Pulse before the end, which is as far as I can bare to go. While this is probably my favorite event thus far, it can take a bit of a toll. The 20 stamina cost is actually great because it causes large breaks from the grind.

I'm dearly hoping I can somehow manage to pull Lyn and Charlotte with these free orbs.. lost my pity timer getting two more Bridal Cordelias in the same session. Can't complain though, that's either some Atk/Spd Rally inheritance or a +2 Cordelia with a better nature than my leveled -Atk one. Damn these limited time units. :glare:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
-reading past few pages-

....no other words can describe the sheer contempt I have for the lot of you right now.
*crawls into a corner*

I. . .I'm sorry, I never know the right thing to do in these situations! I. . .I still don't, how can I make up for it?

I. . .:urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom