• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Who should I upgrade to Five Starts?

Should I use one of the units already at level twenty?

Perri
Sakura
Olivia
Alphonse
Shareena
Anna
F.Corrin

Or should I raise a new unit?

Some standout ones I see but haven't raised for one reason or another are...

Kagero
Marth
Nowi
Reinhardt
Nino
Sully
Lissa
If you feel like you needed a blue unit, Sharena or female Corrin are good picks, I think. Or any of the three starters, since they show up as bonus units in the arena every so often. Sakura might be decent for the Tempest Trials, I guess? Though I don't think she benefits a huge amount from promoting. Olivia is fine as is too, since you're only really using her for dancing. Peri is meh, there are much better cavalry units out there.

Of the others you haven't trained up yet, Reinhardt is the obvious pick. Kagero is alright too, though as fewer infantry units show up these days she's less useful. Nino is good, but you need to build a team around her (surround her with Hone/Fortify/Rally skills). Marth is not bad; you could try and get him trained up now before the Hone Falchion skills start arriving. :p I don't care for the others much, personally.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Of all the classic characters, Nathan Spencer was the most recognizable one when he had won. Neither Michelle Heart or Pure & fur were seen a s Smash worthy due to their obscurity.

Next is another series of Capcom classics, with a majority of them being shooters and quiz game and a beat em up. Your choices are Saki Omokane from Nainaro Quiz Dreams, Regina from Dino Crisis, Super Ace from 1942, and Cyber Blue from Battle Circuit.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I need to see that new KH3 trailer.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Bethesda's starting soon if I'm not mistaken...

Does someone have a link to their conference?

we havent seen kh3 in like, years, and one trailer puts me back to being hyped.

please let this game come to switch so i can play it. please.
and bring back Drive forms dammit
unless i missed them

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
we havent seen kh3 in like, years, and one trailer puts me back to being hyped.

please let this game come to switch so i can play it. please.
and bring back Drive forms dammit
unless i missed them
Drive forms are in, the trailer demonstrated one of them (Guard Form).

This was confirmed since that screenshot from a few months ago.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not gonna lie, KH3 looks pretty damn solid...

I feel like I missed out big back in the day not picking up one of the first two...but never got around to playing either of them...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not gonna lie, KH3 looks pretty damn solid...

I feel like I missed out big back in the day not picking up one of the first two...but never got around to playing either of them...
The collections on PS4 are there if you want to catch up.

KH1 and KH2 still hold up really well.

KH BBS and DDD less so, but they're still worth at least one playthrough, especially if you end up caring about the story and lore of the franchise.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Look at all Kingdom Hearts fans asking for a Treasure Planet world.

Poor blokes. We all know Disney cares less about one of their earliest 2000 failures.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that film too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Poor blokes. We all know Disney cares less about one of their earliest 2000 failures.

I wake up to someone talki g about Treasure Planet? Hell yeah, I love that movie

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The collections on PS4 are there if you want to catch up.

KH1 and KH2 still hold up really well.

KH BBS and DDD less so, but they're still worth at least one playthrough, especially if you end up caring about the story and lore of the franchise.
Don't have a PS4...

Which is a shame as it's the first Home Console from Sony I haven't picked up yet...but seeing as finances are crap for me and I barely touched my PS3 beyond Skyrim and Mass Effect, I don't really think I'll be grabbing one anytime soon...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I see. Cool to know that you got one. I'm personally waiting for Splatoon 2 to launch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath of the Wild, the latter of which I'm playing on Wii U, should hold me over until then.

Mine is apparently suffering from the infamous warping issue on the back side of the system, but it's very, very subtle at that. I would assume most of you guys have this encountered this particular issue as well, but... as long as the system is fully functional, there shouldn't be a problem, I suppose. No scratches caused by the Dock or anything on my system. I think this is just caused by the manufacturing process of the system, so it may have come out like that out of the box, and I didn't notice this until today.

The Joy-Con (L) is working fine on my end. It only encounters connection issues when there are more than 2 separate controllers being connected-- not counting the Joy-Con (R) that is connected on the other side of the system or the Grip. I even viewed the analog stick calibration test with my left arm on the back like André from GameXplain did, and there was no problem at all.

Though, are you really sure it's not being affected by the warping / bending problem at all?

Try checking again, this time at the top of the system, as the video above shows. That's where this "manufacturing variation" lies in my unit. It's not necessarily a big deal if your system suffers from it, although, you know... it's a very peculiar thing.
I checked, and it's pretty subtle.
And guess what? I try to do similar thing on my New 3DS XL, and it has only minor subtle as well. In my opinion, seeing that you can still press the upper lid inward a bit isn't a warp/bend defect. I think most electronics that has screwed back cover has this trait. I mean the lid seems shut already, it doesn't have a huge gap, I tried to tuck a paper corner in and it only fits one small portion of the corner, it doesn't sink in.
To tell if your Switch is warped or not, you have to put your Switch on a flat surface and try to press the corners. If you can't then it's okay, if it does then that can be a problem.

I also mention my Switch does indeed have a dead pixel, but it's really insignificant that I can barely see it is there.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Disney doesn't necessarily decide the worlds though.

Nomura decides the worlds, Disney just gives the final OK. And apparently they've never really had a problem with any of his choices either, even though there are some more obscure choices there (like Country of the Musketeers in DDD).

Also one of the producers of Treasure Planet, Roy Conli, was also the producer on Tangled and Big Hero 6, which are both going to be in KH3. Since he's a big Kingdom Hearts fan himself, it's not unreasonable to think he could help get the approval for the Treasure Planet world if necessary.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That Kingdom Hearts trailer was hype. Still can't get over that Hades' Japanese VA sounds exactly like James Woods. :laugh:

Can't wait for D23 in general, but having a new world shown off there just adds to the hype.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Disney doesn't necessarily decide the worlds though.

Nomura decides the worlds, Disney just gives the final OK. And apparently they've never really had a problem with any of his choices either, even though there are some more obscure choices there (like Country of the Musketeers in DDD).

Also one of the producers of Treasure Planet, Roy Conli, was also the producer on Tangled and Big Hero 6, which are both going to be in KH3. Since he's a big Kingdom Hearts fan himself, it's not unreasonable to think he could help get the approval for the Treasure Planet world if necessary.
If Disney had a problem there wouldn't be so many Aladdin worlds tbh

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That Kingdom Hearts trailer was hype. Still can't get over that Hades' Japanese VA sounds exactly like James Woods. :laugh:

Can't wait for D23 in general, but having a new world shown off there just adds to the hype.
lol...I legitemately thought at first they just had James woods speak Japanese...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just give me a Wreck-It Ralph world with Ralph as a party member. Throw in a boss fight with Cybug!King Candy and we're golden.

That and bring back Port Royal and La Cite des Cloches.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I want to disagree, but I believe it will happen.

Nice Dingodile avatar by the way.
Cheers love.

The reptilian mammal hybrid was always one of my favorites. His idea of shrimp on a barbie is roasting penguins and bandicoots.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
They mentioned autumn 2017 for EO5 in some of the replies as well. It might actually come here on time for once... Almost too good to be true. Where's the catch?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They mentioned autumn 2017 for EO5 in some of the replies as well. It might actually come here on time for once... Almost too good to be true. Where's the catch?
Where's my Kamen Rider Chronicle localization smh

Also Scorpio is DOA, 500 bucks. You can get a pro for less

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dingodile was one of my favourite bosses from Warped....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I thought I was going to miss Microsoft's show since I plan to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movie with my dad.

Thankfully I notice the show starts at 5 when I originally thought was at 8.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If there's one thing I'm glad about with KH3.. The English VA's.. Xemnas and Malificent lost their evil presence in their voice and Pete doesn't sound like a total goof in Japanese.. It felt weird listening to them and I didn't get a vibe that I should be afraid of them or laugh at them in Pete's case. They just sounded like normal people..
Also I'm hoping we can play as the other keyblade welders in the game I want to play as Kairi and Aqua..

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright going full Gravity Falls, cause why not?

Also I should probably get some rest, the bags under my eyes are packing its own bags.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
>Sees trailer for KH3

I certainly did not expect this. The fact that they finally showed another trailer is amazing in and of itself.
I'm glad that will be showing yet another trailer next month.
This reminds me that I should probably get to playing the rest of the KH series before then.
This kinda got lost in all of the KH3 hype, but:

I hope they at least fix save crashing in KH2, but I want this to be the patch to end all patches for this game.
Then again, maybe it's a good thing that I haven't gotten to them quite yet.

The catch is that it's getting delayed to early 2018

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
So I know I'm late, but I just got Hyrule Warriors Legends...man is this game fun.

I also bought Earthbound, but I have yet to play it because of the above-mentioned game...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Y'all like Guzma?

Today's Pokemon TCG news revealed a full-art Guzma card that will be released in the next Japanese set.

It's not the best Guzma art I've seen, but the background fits him well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Xbox One Scorpio is 500 smackeroos?

Lol, nope! You're going to cut the price big time if you want me to upgrade (plus I see no need to upgrade either)

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Ignore this post. I thought the above failed to load.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently we are going to be getting a particularly big amount of interviews/information regarding Sonic Forces at E3.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Y'all like Guzma?

Today's Pokemon TCG news revealed a full-art Guzma card that will be released in the next Japanese set.

It's not the best Guzma art I've seen, but the background fits him well.
The best boy gets the best card.

I really like where this is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom