• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Apparently we are going to be getting a particularly big amount of interviews/information regarding Sonic Forces at E3.

I wanna know if SEGA will make Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 official like Capcom did with Mega Man X Street Fighter

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wanna know if SEGA will make Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 official like Capcom did with Mega Man X Street Fighter
If it can be made more playable than the Adventure 1 stages(like far better), it'd be a great budge title. Albeit, I wouldn't mind if it's a download only either. It'd be a great excuse to make a fishing peripheral for the Switch and other systems. :grin:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If it can be made more playable than the Adventure 1 stages(like far better), it'd be a great budge title. Albeit, I wouldn't mind if it's a download only either. It'd be a great excuse to make a fishing peripheral for the Switch and other systems. :grin:
HOW TO TELL SOMEONE'S NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN BIG'S BIG FISHING ADVENTURE 3
It's a shoot em up iirc, with Mike Pollock playing Eggman. A fangame

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
$500 for the Scorpio is a bit upsetting, but considering what it's meant for, I'm not too surprised. It's an enthusiast console, it's not going to lead the pack in sales. That job goes to the Xbox One S, which received a price cut.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... I had a strange dream last night that King K. Rool was revealed for Smash Bros among a few other characters I can no longer remember. With K. Rool, he actually had the appearance and colors of the Rare design (down to the blue jewel, long cape, and golden armor), but then had the head of the PAON design for some reason... I even saw brief gameplay footage of him on Brawl's Final Destination doing what appeared to be a back air that involved him swinging his two fists to the right.

I have no idea how this happened, but I think it's pretty clear my brain is messing with me again. Maybe this was a result of looking at him on the K. Rool thread since there's a mod for him in Brawl? :p

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Only thing Big's fishing for in BBFA3 is whoop***.

And relevance.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's a chance there will a number of stuff at Microsoft's show that won't interest me but since I have the Xbox One I have a reason to watch it.

At least we'll see more information about Killer Instinct's Eagle this week.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, a fan remake became an official game. So... and yeah, didn't see the video. To also be fair, I played one Flash a long time ago. I must've just forgot. >.<

And yes, I do want a proper fishing spin-off, honestly. The issue was the controls. Big was actually neat otherwise. I thought his ability to float in the water and sink, how he can basically throw ice blocks around... lots of fun potential.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be fair, a fan remake became an official game. So... and yeah, didn't see the video. To also be fair, I played one Flash a long time ago. I must've just forgot. >.<

And yes, I do want a proper fishing spin-off, honestly. The issue was the controls. Big was actually neat otherwise. I thought his ability to float in the water and sink, how he can basically throw ice blocks around... lots of fun potential.
No. That wasn't the issue with Big's playstyle
The issue was Big's playstyle being in a Sonic game

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
$500 us for Scorpio?....that equals about $673 here in Canada, NOT including taxes...

even without taxes....THAT STILL COSTS MORE THAN WHAT I PAID FOR MY SWITCH INCLUDING TAXES, WARRANTY, A GAME, PLUS MY CARRYING CASE, A MICRO SD CARD, AND SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!!

"Switch is too expensive" they said...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So let me get this straight with Microsoft, guys...

>says Scorpio will be the most powerful console ever made

>asks $500 for it which could reasonably and easily cause suspicion

Microsoft may or may not be desperate if they're asking that much money for a console that we still don't really know much about. They're also getting awfully close to a certain $599 that was asked for a different console at its reveal... :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No. That wasn't the issue with Big's playstyle
The issue was Big's playstyle being in a Sonic game
I thought he fit in rather well, especially since his role in the story made a lot of sense. Just a guy minding his own business and living a lazy life as normal, being thrown into Chaos(almost literally) while his pet Frog gets kidnapped.

Now if only the controls worked better, the key issue would be resolved. Namely, they need to be closer to how the 3D Zelda games perfected it. Beyond that, a better goal system than "catch enough fish" for Emblems. Although to be fair, that is sometimes better than just "get there fast" and in a way can be easier, if it wasn't so easy to die... due to a line break.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I just wanted to join in on the "I have a five star Roy that's only seeing use now due to Tempest Trials" club. :p

Mine's about level twenty or so right now. Any skill recommendations?
Tough for me to say, I'm still using him with his built-in kit since he's been on the shelf. For a couple ideas I'd look at this.

He's fairly bulky, so skills that add to that strength is one way to go. If you really love everyone's boy, the Rite of Shadows banner brought in some skills that could aid him that isn't mentioned: Earth Boost (Boey) and Wind Boost (It's Gonna Be Mae) for the A slot, and also Distant Def (Celica) for slot B... None of which I managed to get... *twitches*

Another possibility is to replace his unique weapon with Ruby Sword and double up on the Triangle Adept bonus that he already has learned. Could be overkill, I dunno.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tough for me to say, I'm still using him with his built-in kit since he's been on the shelf. For a couple ideas I'd look at this.

He's fairly bulky, so skills that add to that strength is one way to go. If you really love everyone's boy, the Rite of Shadows banner brought in some skills that could aid him that isn't mentioned: Earth Boost (Boey) and Wind Boost (It's Gonna Be Mae) for the A slot, and also Distant Def (Celica) for slot B... None of which I managed to get... *twitches*

Another possibility is to replace his unique weapon with Ruby Sword and double up on the Triangle Adept bonus that he already has learned. Could be overkill, I dunno.
I love my four star Boey too much to feed him to Roy. :laugh: He's pretty much my only good green unit too.

A Ruby Sword could work for an "I really hate Veronica" build though. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So in FE:H I got 20,000 Feathers.

I don't play all that much but I have a main team.

Roy, Rebecca, Camilla, Adult Tiki (All Five Star)

The team has proven to be fairly successful against most teams I come across.

I am also raising Gwendolyn, Klein and Cecila (All Five Star).

What do you think of those units?

Also. Who should I upgrade to Five Starts?

Should I use one of the units already at level twenty?

Perri
Sakura
Olivia
Alphonse
Shareena
Anna
F.Corrin

Or should I raise a new unit?

Some standout ones I see but haven't raised for one reason or another are...

Kagero
Marth
Nowi
Reinhardt
Nino
Sully
Lissa

I also have Hana, Draug and Caeda raised to level twenty but I don't like using them much.
You have a really solid list of units here. Having most of these, I'd recommend raising Kagero to 40 so she has a decent sp amount and then five star her. He base skills are all pretty useful and she hits hard. More sp allows you to fill her the rest of her missing skills and create a solid unit based around whatever you want really.

With a hp plus 3 skill, she can also survive a lot more making her pretty useful imo.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald weapons don't stack with Triangle Adept. With regular Triangle Advantage and either Triangle Adept 3 or a Jewel weapon, the advantage goes up only to 40% bonus ATK/DEF/RES.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's actually a graphic novel game with mini-games in between. The shmup part is just one of the mini-games.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald weapons don't stack with Triangle Adept. With regular Triangle Advantage and either Triangle Adept 3 or a Jewel weapon, the advantage goes up only to 40% bonus ATK/DEF/RES.
Awww... That's a shame. Thanks for the info though!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Awww... That's a shame. Thanks for the info though!
Figured you'd be interested, but I just did a quick summon and got another five star Tharja lol. I swear it had something to do with us talking about FE Heroes while I was summoning. :p

It's +Attack -HP too, which I imagine is pretty good on her. Considering I had another five star one from early March, she's kind of wrecking things now as a +1 at only level 20.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Game Informer had an interview with Iizuka-san and Hoshino-san.

A lot of them are amusing or are lore tidbits, but they also hint that we may be seeing Chaos and Mighty in future Sonic games (yes, that Mighty).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
I see they're definitely working with that universe bible stuff we've been seeing passed around.

I feel oddly vindicated that Sonic definitely has two eyeballs, LOL.

So. . .Chaos in Sonic Forces, then? Mighty's a bit more of a "considering it" from the sound of it, but the way they put Chaos. . .

Ivander

Smash Legend
Figured you'd be interested, but I just did a quick summon and got another five star Tharja lol. I swear it had something to do with us talking about FE Heroes while I was summoning. :p

It's +Attack -HP too, which I imagine is pretty good on her. Considering I had another five star one from early March, she's kind of wrecking things now as a +1 at only level 20.
It sounds good, but Tharja at Level 40 does have 4 less HP compared to 3 Def or 3 Res if she was -Def or -Res.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I could care a single **** about 4K gaming. It's really not that much of a leap in technology for me. So Microsoft centering their show around it? It will mean they've already lost to me,

But then I can't recall a time in the past few years where I felt they won E3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could care a single **** about 4K gaming. It's really not that much of a leap in technology for me.
Well, objectively speaking, it really is.

Not everyone will feel the need for it as much as others and people with poor eye sight don't get much from it, but it's a huge difference.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Regina was the winner of the last Classic Capcom poll with Tatsunoko vs Capcom's Saki in second place. She's from a series about killing dinosaurs and a decently popular choices for Marvel vs Capcom. So I can't see why not that she's popular. Even though I can settle with an alt based on her with Jill's inclusion.

Next are a few more obscure Capcom titles. Few are platformers with one being a Dreamcast arcade shooter and another Capcom wrestling game. Your homies are Biff Slamkovich from Saturday Night Slammasters, Simone from Cannon Spike, SonSon from SonSon (The original and not his cuter granddaughter from Marvel vs Capcom 2), and Lou from Three Wonders.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now I'm up for some toast. I'm seriously hungry.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Its easy, just watch for the games and not for who "wins"
Honestly I don't really think about who "Wins", it's more along the lines of doubting that I'm going to be impressed by anything that shows up, plus a personal refusal to get on board a "hype train" as it were (Hype trains are dangerous and derail easily, learned that lesson from No Man's Sky's backlash). Plus, E3's pretty much hours of pretty trailers and promises that don't really go anywhere in general

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, objectively speaking, it really is.

Not everyone will feel the need for it as much as others and people with poor eye sight don't get much from it, but it's a huge difference.
I would make the argument that HDR is a bigger deal than 4K because better pixels are always better than more pixels to me. That's why 4K HDR is a godsend in color, contrast, and quality. It's ****ing GORGEOUS.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I really wish I could feel something other than cynical about E3
I can feel some level of hype, but it's swimming in enough of a syrup of cynicism that I more just feel like my heart's jumping out of my chest.

The vast majority of hype trains I've followed over the past two years have ended up in nonstop rage from people. I actually set realistic expectations for myself most of the time, but the problem is that I involuntarily sympathize with everyone else involved to the point that the sheer irrational hatred that explodes repeatedly ends up feeling like a bit of a punch.

If I get a Smash Bros port/sequel that actually adds new characters, this was the best E3 for me that it could have been barring a miracle. If I don't, there's still a couple of games I'm interested in so it'll probably be an OK E3 for me on a personal level, nothing super exciting but at least satisfactory. However, I can't see this E3 ending as anything but a disappointment for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom