• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Latin Cappelletti HD for the 3DS sounds like wasted potential. I'd rather have it the Switch.

Donkey Kong Country Mini-skirt seems to be trying to appeal to a...different crowd, I guess.

Metroid: Dead...ok, this is just wrong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
How come firestorm uses fire all the time when he can transmute any kind of matter and energy?

Wouldn't fire be one of the weakest form of energy he can transmute?
IIRC, in order for Firestorm to really transmute something, the one in control has to understand its workings. And since Ronnie is in control most of the time, and Ronnie being an idiot, it sort of limits him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nothing that is an opinion is definite. So no there is no ''objectively speaking" in an opinion.

You might think it might be something worth it and say those that don't see it have bad eye sight.

Others don't see a huge difference at all. Wow. It's marginally better in performance and visuals for hundreds of more dollars.

No thanks.
No, this is an objective thing.

You said it isn't much of a technical leap. But it absolutely is.

Like I said, whether or not the leap is worth investing in for someone is subjective. But how big the leap actually is, is an objective matter. 4K is 4 times the pixel size of 1080p. After a certain TV size, 1080p starts to look blurry and washed out. 4K allows displays to go even further in size without sacrificing picture quality, and 4K content can be supersampled on smaller displays, like 1080p, to maximise the picture quality of them too.

And I didn't say those that didn't see it have bad eye sight, I just said people with poor eye sight are an example of the kind of person for whom it's not worth investing in a 4KTV. Another example would be people who wouldn't have a device capable of running 4K content.

If it's not worth it to you, that's fine, but don't try to undermine the actual technical leap they provide. I own one, and I can assure you the difference isn't "marginal". I actually find it difficult to go back to non-4K and I notice the difference immediately. That wouldn't happen for anyone if it was objectively a marginal difference.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean of course we could also go to cost of making copies specifically for that system on top of having development costs, and this all is on the basis that Nintendo fans would buy a Need for Speed game, something that has a larger base on other consoles. But yeah no what do I know EA is the devil right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No, this is an objective thing.

You said it isn't much of a technical leap. But it absolutely is.

Like I said, whether or not the leap is worth investing in for someone is subjective. But how big the leap actually is, is an objective matter. 4K is 4 times the pixel size of 1080p. After a certain TV size, 1080p starts to look blurry and washed out. 4K allows displays to go even further in size without sacrificing picture quality, and 4K content can be supersampled on smaller displays, like 1080p, to maximise the picture quality of them too.

And I didn't say those that didn't see it have bad eye sight, I just said people with poor eye sight are an example of the kind of person for whom it's not worth investing in a 4KTV. Another example would be people who wouldn't have a device capable of running 4K content.

If it's not worth it to you, that's fine, but don't try to undermine the actual technical leap they provide. I own one, and I can assure you the difference isn't "marginal". I actually find it difficult to go back to non-4K and I notice the difference immediately. That wouldn't happen for anyone if it was objectively a marginal difference.
Explain it all you like and think you're telling me something I didn't know about it.

It's still not the leap you're making out to be.

It's no Standard Defintion to High Definition for instance.

It's no DVD to VHS or Blu Ray to DVD.

And that's why? It's still not worth it. Nor is it anything more than a marginal leap IMO.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd be down for Metroid: Sousaphone.

A "BrazilUpper" sounds like something I shouldn't be allowed to post on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
20 of my favorites:

The Legend of Zelda: Crayon of Mailman
1 2 DECAY
Canadian Shingle
Pillow Liquor
Ultimate Nintendogs Pro
Metroid: Crack
Kirby and the Gay Hardcover
Fun Advertisement
The Legend of Zelda: Refrigerator of Archer HD
Noisy Giraffe Pro
German Humor
The Legend of Zelda: Italian Shark
Super Smash Bros. Insurance
Kirby: Nice Windchime
Kirby: Tasteless Radiator
Fiberglass Support
Body Building Plus
Wonderful Port
The Legend of Zelda: Professional Ambulance
Ex-husband Marble Collection

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean of course we could also go to cost of making copies specifically for that system on top of having development costs, and this all is on the basis that Nintendo fans would buy a Need for Speed game, something that has a larger base on other consoles. But yeah no what do I know EA is the devil right?
Look, you're never going to get a larger install base for your franchises on Nintendo, if you don't *gasp* actually put them on Nintendo systems.

They're chicken ****s for not wanting to take the risk. If it fails, it fails. It's not like EA isn't making tons of money off Battlefield or their yearly sports games every year and can't afford any risks what so ever.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IIRC, in order for Firestorm to really transmute something, the one in control has to understand its workings. And since Ronnie is in control most of the time, and Ronnie being an idiot, it sort of limits him.
LOL, I thought it was going to be something like that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Look, you're never going to get a larger install base for your franchises on Nintendo, if you don't *gasp* actually put them on Nintendo systems.

They're chicken ****s for not wanting to take the risk. If it fails, it fails. It's not like EA isn't making tons of money off Battlefield or their yearly sports games every year and can't afford any risks what so ever.
It's the gaming industry, you either want ALL of the money or none of it, most companies can't settle for niche titles that made a less than amazing profit

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well, let me ask this.
If they did put Need for Speed on the Switch, would you buy it? Be honest with me.
Really.

(And sure, some others would like it, but these kinds of games have been better established on other consoles. It's not just EA who is like this.)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
"Kirby's Ambulance Riverbed"
"Pokémon Chinese / Pokémon Guarantee"
"Fire Emblem: Position"

this is too much fun

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, let me ask this.
If they did put Need for Speed on the Switch, would you buy it? Be honest with me.
Really.

(And sure, some others would like it, but these kinds of games have been better established on other consoles. It's not just EA who is like this.)
Right now? Out of their less than stellar event yesterday and it and A Way Out being the only titles that remotely grabbed me? If given the choice between it on PS4 or Switch?

Yes, I'd probably go with the Switch version. Because companies need to learn there is something there to having a portable version of your game that you can play everywhere you are.

So absolutely I do believe if given the choice between Need for Speed for XBox One/PS4 or Switch?

People just might actually pick the Switch version, but companies are never gonna learn this. If they don't try it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Right now? Out of their less than stellar event yesterday? If given the choice between it on PS4 or Switch.

Yes, I'd probably go with the Switch version. Because companies need to learn their is something there to having a portable version of your game that you can play everywhere you are.

So absolutely I do believe if given the choice between Need for Speed for XBox One/PS4 or Switch?

People just might actually pick the Switch version, but companies are never gonna learn this. If they don't try it.
So to make it clear, it would be only to prove a point. Disregarding that, you would not buy it?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are already excited about portable Fifa not being gutted.

Think about other EA games. They'd sell.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Explain it all you like and think you're telling me something I didn't know about it.

It's still not the leap you're making out to be.

It's no Standard Defintion to High Definition for instance.

It's no DVD to VHS or Blu Ray to DVD.

And that's why? It's still not worth it. Nor is it anything more than a marginal leap IMO.
Except it is a bigger difference than SD to HD.

HD displays were not 4 times the pixel count of what came before. 1080 is not 480 multiplied by 4. Nor is 1920 the number 640 multiplied by 4.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So to make it clear, it would be only to prove a point. Disregarding that, you would not buy it?
I never said that. I don't know how you get me making a point out of it. I legitimately and honestly said.

If Need for Speed and A Way Out came out for Switch/PS4. There is a strong likelyhood I'd buy the Switch version, because I'm not always at home and at least with the Switch I can take the game with me.

There's no point to be made there. One is just a very convenient platform for gaming in HD.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I never said that. I don't know how you get me making a point out of it. I legitimately and honestly said.

If Need for Speed and A Way Out came out for Switch/PS4. There is a strong likelyhood I'd buy the Switch version, because I'm not always at home and at least with the Switch I can take the game with me.

There's no point to be made there. One is just a very convenient platform for gaming in HD.
Just wanting to make sure. Nothing more.

Well I don't have much time since I got to run errands, let me just put this out there:

Is EA a good company? No of course not. But if we're going to call them the literal Devil (because I know just how many you really want to get those circlejerk likes, which looks to be working), it better be over something that isn't "well they could have".
They could have put it on the Switch.
They could have not want to make all the money and do it for the art.
They could resurrect Jesus and tell us the world will be okay.

I could crap on EA for all the things they could be doing. But honestly could only goes so far.
I'd rather **** on things they are doing, rather than what they aren't planning on doing. And if it's what they aren't doing, it better be to something they are doing. And I don't know about you, but EA being horrible because they aren't putting Need for Speed on the Switch sounds underwhelming compared to some the other things they've done.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

HD displays were not 4 times the pixel count of what came before. 1080 is not 480 multiplied by 4. Nor is 1920 the number 640 multiplied by 4.

That image doesn't even make 4K look like four times 1080p, though.

It looks more like 4K is 3.8K, for that matter. What is this madness. :4megaman:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Except...2160 isn't 1080 times 4 either.

The jump from SD(480i) to full HD(1080p) is actually a bigger jump than full HD to 4K. 4K is 4x the pixels, but the resolution only scales 2x in either width or height.

640x480 to 1920x1080 is 3x in the horizontal direction and 2.25x in the vertical. Which would be a total of 6.75x the number of pixels. The jump to 720p is a bit less, but still 3x the pixels total.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh and uh, for the record, in terms of the circle jerk likes, trust me I've done that **** too.
Hell it's how I made most of my likes, and probably most of Smashboards at that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As long I can see everything that game has on screen, don't care about 4K.

Plus I've seen a number of games on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One that either struggle to or can't run in 1080p so I don't see true 4K on consoles soon.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Saw Wonder Woman.

Overall it was a very solid film. Gal Gadot did very well as Wonder Woman, and the supporting cast was also very likeable. Action scenes were also a joy to watch.

If one DCEU movie has to be good, I'm glad it's this one. Hopefully it's the start of a huge turn around for the DCEU.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is EA a good company? No of course not. But if we're going to call them the literal Devil (because I know just how many you really want to get those circlejerk likes, which looks to be working), it better be over something that isn't "well they could have".
I'mma just ignore the rest of your post here even though you do make some valid points, because right now you're just being such a pleasant person to banter with to shut this **** right here?

Right the **** down.

I may get a **** ton of likes daily when I'm around, but buster believe me? My opinionated ass? My posts? Not here for the likes.

Maybe a bit during the Roger Smith days when I was clearly playing a character, but 98 percent of the time?

When I make a post on some board or website. It's not to be liked or gets likes. It's almost as if..

Wait for it....

I actually believe the things I say and stand by them, rather than just make **** up for some ''circle jerk" as you call it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'mma just ignore the rest of your post here even though you do make some valid points, because right now you're just being such a pleasant person to banter with to shut this **** right here?

Right the **** down.

I may get a **** ton of likes daily when I'm around, but buster believe me? My opinionated ***? My posts? Not here for the likes.

Maybe a bit during the Roger Smith days when I was clearly playing a character, but 98 percent of the time?

When I make a post on some board or website. It's not to be liked or gets likes. It's almost as if..

Wait for it....

I actually believe the things I say and stand by them, rather than just make **** up for some ''circle jerk" as you call it.
[/QUOTE]
Well if you insist, I can't say no. But really I do have to go after this last post because I need to head to the grocery store, I've not eaten since yesterday and it's about 4PM here.

But no I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the others here. The ones who decide to jump on and say "Yeah EA sucks bro! Thank God I don't support them!". Which I've seen since I've been here. As if it's now a grand statement.

And forgetting EA, I've seen it with everything under the moon. It's a good thing I'm not one of those fans; Yeah that game sucks I only play these games; It's a good thing I am this kind of gamer as I'd never go to (Nintendon't, $ony, Micro$oft, FKonami, Ubi$oft, etc).

And I'm guilty of this too. Most of my posts before my hiatus went something like "yeah I know right"?!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I always go into Microsoft's conferences expecting nothing, but this is probably the year where I'm most intrigued about what they have to show off.

Let's see if the Scorpio is anywhere near as mind blowing as they're making it out to be.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"No power greater than X"

Does this mean X will be top tier in MvCI?

...But hey, Xbox One X.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are you guys interested in that new X Box One X (Box).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom