• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
People were riding the Knock Off nerf train recently and I discovered after visiting Smogon that Knock Off...

...was NOT nerfed. Bisharp yet lives.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pokemon, someone one Neogaf did a list of version exclusives
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=223714755&postcount=2329
If there's a nams you don't recognize, it's likely a Ultra Beast

Also, I find it ironic how Lycanroc, the first version exclusive we've known about, ISN'T version exclusive
While the evolution itself is determined by the version, wild Lycanroc of both forms can be found

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay...

You don't want Pence.

Trump probably won't touch gay marriage but Pence definitely will try to.

Regardless, if Trump somehow managed to get gay marriage illegal, he'd have to do so through the Court and Congress.

I don't think they'll follow suit but if that happens it would stay even though he was impeached.
Pence wants to commit mass LGBT genocide, glad to know impeachment won't cancel it out then
People were riding the Knock Off nerf train recently and I discovered after visiting Smogon that Knock Off...

...was NOT nerfed. Bisharp yet lives.
btw, Crobat didn't get a certain new ability like the rumours said it does sadly

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Speaking of Pokemon, someone one Neogaf did a list of version exclusives
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=223714755&postcount=2329
If there's a nams you don't recognize, it's likely a Ultra Beast

Also, I find it ironic how Lycanroc, the first version exclusive we've known about, ISN'T version exclusive
While the evolution itself is determined by the version, wild Lycanroc of both forms can be found
"Sun - Garchomp"

I definitely picked the right version, yay!

I'm also happy Ninetales is on Sun; I am on the edge whether to use it or not, so the fact that it's still an option for me is good too.

I also quite like avian Pokémon (birds), so I'm glad Braviary is a Sun exclusive; I quite like Braviary, but never really liked Mandibuzz.

But what surprises me the most is that Solrock and Lunatone are not version exclusives. Yeah, might be expected, cliché, whatever, but c'mon, really? Especially after they both got a much needed stat buff.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hulk vs Doomsday
- Shadow people of many different colours.
- lol the yellow guy got his head crushed off screen but is perfectly fine when tossed aside.
- MGRR MUSIC

- Police car fists
- WORLDBREAKER
RIP Hulk as expected
Can only be so angry for so long and Doomsday regularly fights Superman and has become resistant to brute force.

No where near enough destruction though.

Next battle is Zoro from One Piece against whoever is victim to "HURP DURP WE'LL REVEAL ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA!"

D

Deleted member

Some SM info
Move info
https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70
First Impression has +2 Priority
It's basically a stronger one-turn Sucker Punch

Ice Hammer is an Ice variant of Hammer Arm, likely Crabrawler's evo signature move

Burn Up is an interesting new move, a 130 BP Special Fire type move that removes the Fire typing after use. Depending on who gets it, it might be really useful for defensive play

Decidueye's and Incineroar's Z-Moves are both 180BP while Primarina's is 195BP

Psychic Fangs is a Psychic and slightly stronger version of Brick Break

Stomping Tantrum is a 75BP Ground type move that doubles its power if the user's previous move has failed

Shadow Bone is 99% likely to be Alola!Marowak's signature move

We still don't know who the hell learns Laser Focus

Questioning why does Gear Up even exist
Questioning Dragon Hammer

We also have two Grass/Ghost Pokemon both with a physical 80BP signature move that traps opponents. Yet we only have one new Dark and Ice Pokemon

"Revelation Dance
The user attacks the target by dancing very hard". I dunno, I just find this description very funny

Prismatic Laser has 160BP and 100% accuracy but has a recharge turn like Hyper Beam(for comparison, it has 150BP and 90% accuracy)

Core Enforcer looks pretty damn good

Pikachu has two Z-Moves because they gave Raichu one so Pikachu needs to have more

New abilities info
https://paste.ee/r/8LT3s
Nothing much here that we don't know already

Item info
https://paste.ee/r/zFXRA
Some might be considered story spoilers so be careful

Nectar descriptions confirm each of Oricorio's forms placement

Big Malasada is the Castelia Cone of Alola

Terrain Extender is what allows Tapu Koko to spam Thunder with a Drizzle Mossy Rock Politoed for even longer

Protective Pads does what Decidueye's HA ability do, basically

Seeds that might have some niche in Terrain team, good to see GF expand on that mechanic more and more

Z-Crystals descriptions confirm the moves each Pokemon needs to know to use them

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
5 years ago, if someone told me I'd be consoling people on the other side of the world over an election result, I'd have laughed in their face.

So, how is everyone? Did the scare go away?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
But what surprises me the most is that Solrock and Lunatone are not version exclusives. Yeah, might be expected, cliché, whatever, but c'mon, really? Especially after they both got a much needed stat buff.
Solrock and Lunatone aren't even in the Dex for some reason.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I caved in and saw the rest of the Sun and Moon leaks. I like what I see so far with the story and
Marshadow, who's apparently Fighting/Ghost

5 years ago, if someone told me I'd be consoling people on the other side of the world over an election result, I'd have laughed in their face.

So, how is everyone? Did the scare go away?
Drinking those left-wing/egalitarian tears.

----

D

Deleted member

I caved in and saw the rest of the Sun and Moon leaks. I like what I see so far with the story and

----
Are these the tears you're drinking?
Jesus
That's horrifying. Glad our version of Drumpf is getting sued for his racism
Is it that hard for people to understand that there's a lot of people who are literally scared for their lives and that this is no laughing matter?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How successful do you think the NES mini is gonna be? For what's essentially a pre-made virtual console, it got some decent buzz around it. I just wish it had Mega Man 3 on it as well. As much as I like Mega Man 2, I think MM3 deserves being on there too. Should have had both of them.

If they do a SNES Mini, that'd be way more hype. F-Zero, Star Fox, Mega Man X/X2/X3, Mega Man 7, DKC1/2/3, Mario World, Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, FF4/5/6, Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Castlevania 4, Super Punch-Out!!, (Super)Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 3, Kirby Superstar, Kirby's Adventure 3, Earthbound, Pilotwings, Contra 3, Final Fight.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Some SM info
Move info
https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70
First Impression has +2 Priority
It's basically a stronger one-turn Sucker Punch

Ice Hammer is an Ice variant of Hammer Arm, likely Crabrawler's evo signature move

Burn Up is an interesting new move, a 130 BP Special Fire type move that removes the Fire typing after use. Depending on who gets it, it might be really useful for defensive play

Decidueye's and Incineroar's Z-Moves are both 180BP while Primarina's is 195BP

Psychic Fangs is a Psychic and slightly stronger version of Brick Break

Stomping Tantrum is a 75BP Ground type move that doubles its power if the user's previous move has failed

Shadow Bone is 99% likely to be Alola!Marowak's signature move

We still don't know who the hell learns Laser Focus

Questioning why does Gear Up even exist
Questioning Dragon Hammer

We also have two Grass/Ghost Pokemon both with a physical 80BP signature move that traps opponents. Yet we only have one new Dark and Ice Pokemon

"Revelation Dance
The user attacks the target by dancing very hard". I dunno, I just find this description very funny

Prismatic Laser has 160BP and 100% accuracy but has a recharge turn like Hyper Beam(for comparison, it has 150BP and 90% accuracy)

Core Enforcer looks pretty damn good

Pikachu has two Z-Moves because they gave Raichu one so Pikachu needs to have more

New abilities info
https://paste.ee/r/8LT3s
Nothing much here that we don't know already

Item info
https://paste.ee/r/zFXRA
Some might be considered story spoilers so be careful

Nectar descriptions confirm each of Oricorio's forms placement

Big Malasada is the Castelia Cone of Alola

Terrain Extender is what allows Tapu Koko to spam Thunder with a Drizzle Mossy Rock Politoed for even longer

Protective Pads does what Decidueye's HA ability do, basically

Seeds that might have some niche in Terrain team, good to see GF expand on that mechanic more and more

Z-Crystals descriptions confirm the moves each Pokemon needs to know to use them

Growlithe line (Egg), Moltres (Level 99) and the Cyndaquil line (Level 58/68/74) get Burn Up.

As for Laser focus: Mewtwo (Start), Lucario (Start), Kartana (Level 29) and Marshadow (Start)
Surprised Necrozma doesn't learn it at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We interrupt the political mumbo jumbo to bring you something more important.

LEGO.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think "drinking tears" jokes have any semblance of good taste considering the subject we're dealing with. First and only warning towards these kind of comments.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

----
No, sorry, I can't ignore this.
"Drinking those tears". You say that as if this is some salty video game tournament. Which, actually, a lot of people treated it that way. But this is incredibly serious. You're drinking the tears of abused women, minorities including LGBT, people of color, **** victims who're too scared to come out with it because they know how they WON'T be taken seriously. Those tears? This isn't your favorite team winning the big sports game. This is a sad excuse for a man who got elected by shouting into a mic to rile up racists, sexists, the KKK, just hate filled people in general. But you know, "lol tears".
I bet you say "cuck" with a straight face or think Pepe is a funny as hell meme.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I bet you say "cuck" with a straight face or think Pepe is a funny as hell meme.
Please don't accuse another user of things. The rest was understandable to say, but don't do this.

Likewise, I'm going to work soon enough, but I'm quite ready to hand out Warnings/Infractions for people trolling about the final decision. Let's be mature, people. No gloating like that.

Also, let's try not to get into major fights over this. What happened happened. No accusations, please.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
No, sorry, I can't ignore this.
"Drinking those tears". You say that as if this is some salty video game tournament. Which, actually, a lot of people treated it that way. But this is incredibly serious. You're drinking the tears of abused women, minorities including LGBT, people of color, **** victims who're too scared to come out with it because they know how they WON'T be taken seriously. Those tears? This isn't your favorite team winning the big sports game. This is a sad excuse for a man who got elected by shouting into a mic to rile up racists, sexists, the KKK, just hate filled people in general. But you know, "lol tears".
I want to agree with you but the Pepe meme was like most memes, harmless as hell until /pol/ & /r9k/ used it as a legit hate symbol and sign of absolute ****posting garbage.

I got pictures related to where it showed my sadness or happiness to my sports teams back in 2012-2013 but now I can't even use that anymore because it's a sign of a split America and just all the hate

Man I can't stand this generation sometimes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, is this actually confirmed? We're getting a switch port of Smash with possible new characters? Am I reading this correctly? If this is actually true, it will make me feel so much better right now.
Where did they say anything about new characters? I mean, it probably will happen, but I wouldn't just get your hopes up like that.

DO IT FOR THE MEME!!!!!
So it sounds like you're saying that the source has a high chance of being correct, but has not been officially been confirmed yet?
Remember when Kanye West said he'd run for president i2020? Imagine in 4 years Trump vs Kanye. **** me.
Laura's gotten a surprisingly good track record and recently showed what the PS4 Slim looked like with specs and all
It's worth noting that like Kabuto Gwen said, Laura has a great track record. Her source predicted the NX real announcement a few hours beforehand, and she listed a bunch of other details. Several of which we saw in the trailer like a rumored splatoon port. Some of her info was also backed up by others like Emily Rogers. So we have a pretty solid chance of Smash Switch. Maybe the Switch FB page liking the Smash one isn't to crazy after all.

As for new characters. Several of the rumors say it does. This port not releasing at launch would further confirm that as it takes a lot to make characters, so the game probably needs some time before launching. They probably brought over the full smash team for it to, at least at first so it had a boost to release at a good time frame.

Plus as a port new characters is likely given what we'e seen in the potential mario kart port, and because that's what would sell the port.

I could even see more DLC made like in Hyrule Warriors legends.
Smash Switch? Just bring back Smash Run and I'll be pleased.
Having Smash Run in HD and online would be a great thing to see. I hope they listen to requests and go through with it.

Chrono.

Speaking of SM, those who read the story spoilers, how does it compare to XY (without spoilers)?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of SM, those who read the story spoilers, how does it compare to XY (without spoilers)?
Haven't read them, but from what I hear there is a lot to the story and it's really good. Which is great to hear after XY had so little.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
As someone who has no interest in politics, I ignored the election stuff said on the news and the internet. Most I ever saw was comments on Youtube and mostly jokes at that. Far as I can tell, the opinion of the majority seems to be that both candidates were crap but Hilary would have been less crap. I'm not American so I don't care as I'm not directly affected. I've seen mention of how Hilary wanted a no-fly-zone and that would've caused issues with Russia. Trump has the whole 'putting a wall at the border of Mexico' thing and a post in this thread mentioned how he sees China as an economic rival or something. Not from any of those countries either, just mentioning them to show that I do see some immediate predicted country relations based on whoever won, which in this case is Trump.

Anyone have a prediction on what this means for relations between the US and Canada? Most I've heard is jokes about a wall being put up between the 2 countries and a lot of people claiming to be moving up here since Trump won. I've also seen mention in the CCI that MKLeo and Mr. R may have difficulty attending tournaments in the US now? Guess that could apply to Leffen too and any other smasher outside of the US.

The only thing I can really comment on with the whole election talk is that any non-voter can't really be blamed. Saw a post mentioning how like 15% or something voted for a dead gorilla, an obvious joke vote if it's true. And the whole time this election stuff was going on, all I heard was negative stuff about both Trump and Hilary. Seemed to be a 'pick your poison' scenario for a lot of people. There's no 'redo' option. Either one candidate or another gets the most votes, if they're both terrible then oh well.

Anyways, I'ma go back to lurking and let yall go back to what is surely a more positive discussion about Pokemon~

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chrono. Chrono.

From what I've been reading so far, I'd say it's much much better than XY's plot. There will be some big moments that will make it memorable. I don't know if S/M's story will top the 5th generation though.

EDIT: Accidentally quoted the wrong person, but I've fixed it.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Reading the exclusives list for Sun and Moon
Lycanroc's forms not being version exclusive makes sense since they are still technically the same pokemon...will just make breeding for either form a bit more awkward that is...

Garchomp and Metagross are also version exclusives...I find this rather interesting...cynthia and steven are also version exclusive

Seems Alola Ninetales is indeed Sun exclusive, as I've seen some confusion earlier...I guess it makes sense considering regular Ninetales but I kinda wanted it to be in Moon since that was the version I wanted to use first with...

It also lists Goodra as an exclusive with no known counterpart yet...Flygon being its Moon counterpart maybe? though it does seem a strange pair...(also coincidentally I just did some sketches for fusions involving the two)

Braviary/Mandibuzz and Lilligant/Whimsicott are not really a surprise...

Turtonator in Sun and Drampa in Moon respectively...

Not really too worried about the fossil pairs...as long as Tyrantrum, Kabutops and Armaldo are still available I'll be happy...

It's getting harder for me to decide which game to play first but I'm now leaning towards Sun simply because of Alola Ninetales...The only reason I'm playing Alpha Sapphire over Omega Ruby is because of Sableye afterall so it's not the first time I choose a version simply because of one pokemon...however if I go with Moon primarily I can always trade it over, perhaps as an egg so it doesn't gain the exp boost and I can still treat it as my own Pokemon in Moon...of course this won't happen for my first playthrough

so conflicted right now...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Reading the exclusives list for Sun and Moon
Lycanroc's forms not being version exclusive makes sense since they are still technically the same pokemon...will just make breeding for either form a bit more awkward that is...

Garchomp and Metagross are also version exclusives...I find this rather interesting...cynthia and steven are also version exclusive

Seems Alola Ninetales is indeed Sun exclusive, as I've seen some confusion earlier...I guess it makes sense considering regular Ninetales but I kinda wanted it to be in Moon since that was the version I wanted to use first with...

It also lists Goodra as an exclusive with no known counterpart yet...Flygon being its Moon counterpart maybe? though it does seem a strange pair...(also coincidentally I just did some sketches for fusions involving the two)

Braviary/Mandibuzz and Lilligant/Whimsicott are not really a surprise...

Turtonator in Sun and Drampa in Moon respectively...

Not really too worried about the fossil pairs...as long as Tyrantrum, Kabutops and Armaldo are still available I'll be happy...

It's getting harder for me to decide which game to play first but I'm now leaning towards Sun simply because of Alola Ninetales...The only reason I'm playing Alpha Sapphire over Omega Ruby is because of Sableye afterall so it's not the first time I choose a version simply because of one pokemon...however if I go with Moon primarily I can always trade it over, perhaps as an egg so it doesn't gain the exp boost and I can still treat it as my own Pokemon in Moon...of course this won't happen for my first playthrough

so conflicted right now...
Knowing me, Im gonna end up wondertrading away and, maybe, get some sun pokemon if Im lucky

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Impeachment means Pence would follow up right?If Drumpf gets rid of gay marriage and gets impeachment, what happens to gay marriage then? Genuinely curious
pres cannot get rid of laws instated through supreme court decisions

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Knowing me, Im gonna end up wondertrading away and, maybe, get some sun pokemon if Im lucky
Actually that reminded me of something that I've been curious about...anyone know if we can Wondertrade eggs this time?

It'd be an extra special surprise for those who receive it....guaranteed to not be a Mewtwo though....

Edit: it seems none of my favourite fossils are going to be in Sun and Moon...aside from Archeops..../sadface

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't seen any story spoilers besides
Colress being in the game and his new design
I feel proud of myself
Though I did spoil myself on Hala's team and 6 out of the 7(8 if counting Raticate/Gumshoos separately) Totem Pokemon(not that they weren't pretty obvious though). And I want to talk about what I believe their fight's gimmicks will be.
Gumshoos/Raticate is the basic fight

Lurantis's fight probably revolves around Fomantis using Sunny Day so Totem Lurantis can spam Solar Blade, having to defeat the sun source or using it to your advantage with Fire moves

Salazzle's fight is probably with Salandits(it'd be a nice touch if all of them were male) poisoning your Pokemon and Totem Salazzle having Venoshock

Wishiwashi's is Totem School Form with normal Wishiwashi that transform into School form if you don't knock them out in time

Vikavolt summoning Charjabugs to increase its moves' power

Mimikyu's involving normal Mimikyu using Follow Me to draw out attack from the Totem one

No idea on the last one, please no spoilers
I'm probably wrong since I doubt GF would make gimmicky fights but I'd love if they were like this

Does anyone know what's the maximum of Pokemon the Totem one can call for?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm already predicting, Zoro is going to get screwed over again and the usual edgy One Piece haters would use that as an excuse that the series suck.

This is Screwattack we are talking about. Don't expect much credible stuff from them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The idiotic folks making tear drinking posts are lucky I'm not a mod anymore. I would have been far less merciful.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Considering Screwattack's already ****ty track record of Jump fights and the mediocrity that is Gaara vs Toph, I'm already expecting Zoro to lose.

The only feat he has going for him down is slicing down Pika's body and the story is far from over. Whoever his opponent will be would probably be a a stupidly overpowered comic book swordsman and Luffy's first mate will die.

Go on, tell me the pink puff can really bust a solar system like Buu (Or Cell for that matter since many sources confirm he is capable of doing it).

Chrono.

Man, I'm not gonna lie.

Between final exams and this election ****show, my morale is at an all time low. I just feel rather deflated and defeated.

It's not even just Trump like here in PR people literally picked the worst possible choice for a governor. A guy who's been a repeat offender of fraud, robbery, plagiarism, drug trafficking and even disregarding all that is that he has zero political experience and promising dumb **** like making a pipe that goes from PR to Texas to "reduce costs."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Next time on Death Batlle, Electro vs Eneru

The latter loses because "Spider-Man da best!" even though the latter can destroy islands. :troll:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hello all; I'm still trying to move on from what happened, but it's been difficult as expected.

After reading international reactions to all this, I swear that 90% of these countries did not want him nor do they realize that the majority of the voters were blind. This was not the people's choice in my eyes and was instead a bunch of fools not realizing what they have done. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but I am not joking when I say this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom