• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, I'm not gonna lie.

Between final exams and this election ****show, my morale is at an all time low. I just feel rather deflated and defeated.

It's not even just Trump like here in PR people literally picked the worst possible choice for a governor. A guy who's been a repeat offender of fraud, robbery, plagiarism, drug trafficking and even disregarding all that is that he has zero political experience and promising dumb **** like making a pipe that goes from PR to Texas to "reduce costs."
I heard about that pipe issue because a few Texans even hated it

Considering Screwattack's already ****ty track record of Jump fights and the mediocrity that is Gaara vs Toph, I'm already expecting Zoro to lose.

The only feat he has going for him down is slicing down Pika's body and the story is far from over. Whoever his opponent will be would probably be a a stupidly overpowered comic book swordsman and Luffy's first mate will die.

Go on, tell me the pink puff can really bust a solar system like Buu (Or Cell for that matter since many sources confirm he is capable of doing it).
I think they went with the "Kirby is the most powerful being in the universe" theory

Which is only messed up because they take weird parts of the game (battles with Nightmare, O2, Dark Matter and Marx. Plus he fought the Sun & Moon) and Smash where he fought :4mario::4link::4samus::4sonic::4bayonetta::4cloud::4ganondorf::4ness::4myfriends::4robinm::4palutena::rosalina::4shulk:&:4mewtwo:

Same reason why :4dk: beat Knuckles although they used aspect from the garbage cartoon which shouldn't be added.

DB's issue is adding in multiple canons instead of using one (which is the reason they had to redo Goku vs Superman because Toriyama made GT(including SSJ4) non-canon)

D

Deleted member

Hello all; I'm still trying to move on from what happened, but it's been difficult as expected.

After reading international reactions to all this, I swear that 90% of these countries did not want him nor do they realize that the majority of the voters were blind. This was not the people's choice in my eyes and was instead a bunch of fools not realizing what they have done. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but I am not joking when I say this.
It really wasn't
If the US elections were a direct democracy, Hillary would have won
This menas the majority of the US doesn't want their new president
Assuming the wii u is 299.99 and the 3DS is 199.99, my character would of spent 699.97 in real life
Did I do my math right?
It'd be 499.98 actually
EDIT: oh wait, there are three 3DSs
**** hold on
EDIT 2: 899.96

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Man. I still can't believe this was real. I was joking with friends with voice chat (some of them may actually be here right now) at the beginning of last night. But seeing the numbers go all the from Clinton to Trump was surreal to say the least.

I'm just going to leave as normal of a life as best I can for these next four years. Can't let Trumpf rule my life like that. I recommend you all try to do the same. The US has been through stuff like the Civil War and the Great Depression. I think we can all hustle our way through this. At least I got that ATCQ album on Friday and Pokemon the week after. A distraction is nice to have at these times.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I heard about that pipe issue because a few Texans even hated it

I think they went with the "Kirby is the most powerful being in the universe" theory

Which is only messed up because they take weird parts of the game (battles with Nightmare, O2, Dark Matter and Marx. Plus he fought the Sun & Moon) and Smash where he fought :4mario::4link::4samus::4sonic::4bayonetta::4cloud::4ganondorf::4ness::4myfriends::4robinm::4palutena::rosalina::4shulk:&:4mewtwo:

Same reason why :4dk: beat Knuckles although they used aspect from the garbage cartoon which shouldn't be added.

DB's issue is adding in multiple canons instead of using one (which is the reason they had to redo Goku vs Superman because Toriyama made GT(including SSJ4) non-canon)
That's seriously my biggest issue with DB, and what made DK v Knuckles a hollow victory for me (that, and DK's hideous sprite). Don't make them canon amalgamations unless they're someone like Link, who is reborn each time. Cartoon!DK=\=Game!DK, and the same with Game!Knuckles and Boom!Knuckles.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Couple of questions about Sun and Moon (that will likely relate to knowing about the leaks, so will be in spoilers):
  1. Any news on where the Daycare will be (if you know, don't tell me where exactly, but something like "post game", or "early on/first half of game" etc)?
  2. Do we know whether there will be move tutors that teach moves like in Platinum, B2/W2, OR/AS etc?
I ask because, I want to use Garchomp and Lucario in my teams, but I want Ourtage and Crunch on them respectively. The daycare would be required for Lucario (and it would be quite easy to get early on due to the amount of Pokémon that learn it lower levelled), and it could be used for Outrage on Garchomp, for example.

I could also teach Outrage via tutor (provided it's in a tutor list, for example).

I know you could say "why are you going to all this trouble for an in game team?" and I would say, "yeah, I get you", but it's just how I like to play really.

Anybody know about these two things? Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...ed-until-2017-smash-bros-switch-port-arrives/

RUMOR has that the :4bayonetta: & :4cloud: amiibo (article didn't mention :4corrin: for whatever reason) has been delayed to launch alongside the Switch SSB. Smash Switch will be Wii U with all DLC and plan to release within 6 months of the Switch but not at console launch.

Again, all of this is a rumor.
*fire continues to be heard crackling in the distance*

Interesting to note that it's releasing after launch instead of at it. The Smash Bros hype train couldn't function properly within a two-month period if there were a noticeable amount of newcomers, so pulling back and allowing E3 and some other announcements to happen in the meanwhile would make sense in that case. No one seems to have actually heard of any new content yet, but with the other two "ports" having content added and the fact that the Smash 4 Ballot specified that the data might be used for future games. . .

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alpha Sapphire Update....(possibly the last since I'm not sure if I want to do post-game tbh)
Spoiler it because there'll be a lot of text...
Popeye
Atlas
Sahara
Gobi
Rutela
Din

Vs. Wally
Well...Wally didn't last very long...only his Mega Gallade (and Magneton because of sturdy) managed to live a single hit and everything else just got obliterated....Kinda felt bad but what can you do...move on ahead and become Champion that's what...

Vs. Uxie
yeah....before taking on the Elite Four I did some flying around to try to find any missed items and such and I found Uxie in the process...didn't give me too many issues...

Vs. Sidney
Went rather smoothly...Atlas pretty much took out half his squad though he got taken out because I forgot Shiftry and Absol can learn psychic type attacks, but it wasn't really a hassle otherwise

Vs. Phoebe
Gobi pretty much just Sucker Punched everything...

Vs. Glacia
Din's Drought nuff said...

Vs. Drake
Rutela and Popeye's Ice Beam and Sahara's Dragon Rush just for fun...This is a tough battle if you're not prepared for it otherwise it's pretty simple...

Vs. Steven
Din vs. Skarmory-damn Sturdy so it can throw out those spikes, but taking it out wasn't a problem
Sahara vs. Aggron-Earthquake, of course Sturdy again and Dragon Claw almost taking out Sahara but she holds on and lands the finishing hit
Gobi vs. Claydol-Dark Pulse
Rutela vs. Armaldo-Scald gets the burn, a second Scald and burn damage takes it out
Atlas vs. Cradily-Cross Chop dead
Popeye vs. Metagross-With Spikes damage and a Giga Impact Popeye lives with 15 HP double Earthquake grabs the victory...it is possible that it may have swept my team although possibly baiting a Giga Impact and finishing off with Din's Flamethrower may have possibly

Forgot how cool the credits are in this game as it shows certain events and when you meet specific party members...

Vs. May
LOL...

Just like in Platinum picking a standout MvP is rather difficult as each member did there fair share...I'm leaning towards Din tbh, having a Fire type especially one with such a good ability really helps in this game...Just the fact that Ninetales a fire type was my best counter for Wallace's gym pretty much says it all....Brock was right all along :p

Kind of a bit disappointing how easy this is in comparison to the originals, but then again it was notorious for it's difficulty spike...but at least I didn't need to spend hours grinding as my team was more or less ready by the time I went through Victory road...did a small bit of grinding to even out my team's levels and that was it...

D

Deleted member

I'll just say this, most Trump voters don't openly admit they support Trump, hell, supporting Trump definitely gets you more flak than being a minority, especially thanks to the victim card, which general people are getting very tired of here in the United States. If we were to get more and more sensitive and uptight, the bigger the counter movement is going to be. People had a tendency to vote Trump as the lesser of two evils because people because there's so much sensitivity and restriction for just being for him the slightest. And that makes people feel as if perhaps people are getting too overlysensitive and PC, the point where it actually starts to shut down people for their views, it's just of another extreme of my way or the highway, just like how people tend to think once Trump gets in office, we're going to just regress back in time magically. That the media's not going to even bother to report on Trump constantly again and with the overwheming majority of them being liberal. Wait until he actually to put us down, if he even does. People give up way too easily, it dissapoints me.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Good to know a racist, sexist, xenophobe and homophobe has one of the most powerful positions possible. My faith in humanity is at an all time low.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Next time on Death Battle, Pegasus Seiya vs Silver Surfer.

Seiya loses out of sheer Marvel bias when he can destroy galaxies compared to a mere solar system buster.

How's that for a satirical post? :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you want to soft reset for a good natured starter or shiny in SM you should read this.
From Reddit:
You will need to save immediately after the cutscene on the bridge. If you progress any further then another cutscene will activate and you won't get a chance to save again before you choose your starter.

D

Deleted member

I can at least take solace in that Houston TX voted mainly for Clinton and she won the popular vote nation wide.

Harris County

2016 Results
Clinton: 702,569 people
Trump: 543,227 people

PS: **** the electoral college.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I am beginning to question how to I can go on as an American right now. I also feel ashamed that we have to deal with this president for the next 4 years now. Despite having to move forward at some point, I'm just not feeling good about our future.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...ed-until-2017-smash-bros-switch-port-arrives/

RUMOR has it that the :4bayonetta: & :4cloud: amiibo (article didn't mention :4corrin: for whatever reason) has been delayed to launch alongside the Switch SSB. Smash Switch will be Wii U with all DLC and plan to release within 6 months of the Switch but not at console launch.

Again, all of this is a rumor.
I definitely see how this could be true. Tell you what, though. If they can get Breath of the Wild AND either Mario or Super Smash Bros. on launch then they have a guaranteed hit of a system. In my opinion.

Those games have their own source of Vital marketing through the social media buzz they create. Especially, Smash Bros. Character announcements. That **** is always a big deal.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Next time on Death Battle, Pegasus Seiya vs Silver Surfer.

Seiya loses out of sheer Marvel bias when he can destroy galaxies compared to a mere solar system buster.

How's that for a satirical post? :p
If by "Satirical Post" you mean "beating a dead horse to the point it's just dust" then yes, it's 10/10.

D

Deleted member

That's a nice strawman you have there.
I disagree, I think people over rely on labels, demonizing, and overexaggerating. Not to mention overprotective the point where a minorities can apparently never do anything bad. This coming from someone who would be effected by the doom you all speak of if were to turn out to be true. His following is a counter movement to the over abudance of progressivism, to a different degree when it comes to person to person. I for an example am happy for it to not move fast enough to the point of making a big mistep that we keep building up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So...I guess Trump is now the president of the USA.
I can say you that, as a Swiss, nobody here (Atleast at my job) is happy about this new.
And for that, to all people living in America here, I really hope the best for you....and us too. (Because the rest of the world isn't safe from the Trump now)

Last edited:
ughh just learned even though I live in a super blue state my county still voted red. I guess that makes sense the way people talk here but it still makes me sad

To anyone that happens to be stressed out by this election and anything else going down in your life.
2 things:
1. Deep breath. Just realize that even though GOP has every branch right now there isn't too much they can do right now. A few places are ****ed like the supreme court and climate change but for the most part this will still be business as usual for 95% of us. For the other 5% there are plenty of other people to support you whether online or off.

2. Take a break. The internet has a good chance it will only make things worse. Especially social media which will only buzz about elections for a while. This includes here.

Even if i's only for a day go somewhere else. Go outside. Go watch some non-stressful videos on youtube. Chill with a friend and play some super casual smash (being competitive right now probably isn't in your best interest.) Watch a movie. Watch some TV.

WHATEVER IT IS. Just don't dwell on this election for too long if it's affecting your mental or emotional state. At least until the new Gov starts making decisions in a few months.

Just stay calm and happy as you can even if it doesn't seem appropriate to you because it's better than getting into a rut. Have some fun today. :)
:061:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I disagree, I think people over rely on labels, demonizing, and overexaggerating. Not to mention overprotective the point where a minorities can apparently never do anything bad. This coming from someone who would be effected by the doom you all speak of if were to turn out to be true. His following is a counter movement to the over abudance of progressivism, to a different degree when it comes to person to person. I for an example am happy for it to not move fast enough to the point of making a big mistep that we keep building up.
What is BAD about being progressive? Unless you mean radical SJWs, but nobody should be listening to them in the first place. Banning an entire religion, claiming everyone from a country are drug dealers and rapist, grabbing women by the ***** and, if this last one is true, ****** a 13 year old (Highly doubt this one but I wouldn't be surprised), those claims are justified

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if I didn't pick the winner, what has happened happened. No amount of complaining will ever change the end results.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Doesn't matter, the HP Lovecraft verse can solo every fictional verse in existence.

Only The One Above All and The Presence can face the monster that is Azathoth.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>When you log onto Nintenzone and there is still political talk (albeit understandably so)
>But there's also DEATH BATTLE talk now
>And your flu hasn't quite shaken off yet

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't think anyone has eve implied that minority groups can do nothing wrong. That'd be dishonest. The issue has always been that minority groups have been convicted of doing wrong when they've done nothing at all, or get punished harder for the same thing the majority does.

As for the "over reliance on labels" god forbid there's a term out there to better describe various groups of people, but I don't think this is the right time to get into that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
While Trump was in fact a pretty bad if incredibly predictable decision on America's part, the kind of responses that have been cropping up do in fact in part say why.

I seriously doubt that everyone who voted for Trump was actively an evil monster. Never assume malice when stupidity is an equally valid option. And even if in some cases it is malice, it seems very likely that for some people it was malice towards Hillary specifically rather than humanity as a whole. The fact that everyone keeps insisting otherwise and that everyone who voted for him was a hivemind is going to just keep driving the political divide further and may even get him reelected if people keep it up.

Just because Trump says a series of things that make it obvious that he looks down on anyone who isn't him doesn't mean you should take it as a challenge to try to come off worse than he does.

That isn't to say Trump supporters should be off the hook, as rubbing it in to other people isn't in particularly good taste either.

But as easy as it is to paint a group you disapprove of the actions of as a hivemind, it isn't the case at all and doing so just makes people who otherwise wouldn't care either way get upset and start going against you. There's plenty of people who resent Trump who are being just as bad as how they think all his supporters are right now.

Be the better person. Don't fight hate with hate, try to extend kindness to people in a time where everyone has been saying they will never get it. Instead of putting down the majority, do what you can to protect and comfort the minority. If Trump is a reason to lose faith in humanity, then create a reason for everyone else to get it back yourself.

*EDIT* Hopefully all of this wasn't too harsh or anything. . .

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Doesn't matter, the HP Lovecraft verse can solo every fictional verse in existence.

Only The One Above All and The Presence can face the monster that is Azathoth.
Don't forget God Tenchi.

Easily the most omnipotent thing in the Tenchi universe.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember that how you all act right now reflects your candidate.

Be adults. Name calling and other such activities reflect poorly on your character and intelligence.

I can at least take solace in that Houston TX voted mainly for Clinton and she won the popular vote nation wide.

Harris County

2016 Results
Clinton: 702,569 people
Trump: 543,227 people

PS: **** the electoral college.
Trump's winning the popular too, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom